Underdog Log Vapes

djonkoman

VVPS has been ordered! What do you guys usually vaporbong with your vvps set at?
it depends, lately I've kept weed at about 12,6 volt, but have also taken it higher. hash at 13,1 or, most often, 13,5 volt. I don't have the newest core tough, and from what I've read here the newest one runs hotter.

djonkoman,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
it depends, lately I've kept weed at about 12,6 volt, but have also taken it higher. hash at 13,1 or, most often, 13,5 volt. I don't have the newest core tough, and from what I've read here the newest one runs hotter.
well hotter but also run at 13.5 v ..In matter of fact.. the new core runs cooler on 12 v than the old one :) .

Abysmal Vapor,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Thank you guys... I suppose I will just have to experiment with it once it gets here. I've decided I like keeping my bowls around ~10mm deep with the standard power supply. 5 or 6 deep pulls and it's done producing vapor, but still has enough goodies left in it to make some overpowering brownies.

Hopefully paired with a little VVPS magic and my new glass I will have THICK FOGGAGE! :rockon:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think you guys should keep in mind that performance will vary per unit and depends mostly on the resistance of the heating element and somewhat on the size and woodtype of your unit (the latter is more of an influence with the older cores and less with the new insulated ones). If you have a higher resistance heating element you'll need a higher voltage for the same performance compared to a unit with a resistor with a lower resistance.

I asked Dave to put a low resistance one in mine when I ordered it and I got one with a resistance of 19ohms now (measured when cold, it goes up a little when it comes to working temperature). This one never needs to be taken over 11,8V with the UD stems, or 12,2V max when I use it with a GonG HI stem (it doesn't make a perfect seal with the heater port like the silicon stems, so it needs a little more heat to compromise for the 'air-leakage').

With the UD stems I can get a dark brown AVB on just 11,2V even, as long as it been on for a few hours.

Djonko: she (hopefully) looks about the same size as my girls are now. I hope we can hold on to this weather for a while. Give me 8 more weeks of this and I'll have something to harvest after all, haha.

Dave, it would be great to meet up somewhere and ride together, even if it's only for a few days! I thought you got rid of the Shadow though, or are you planning to buy yourself a new ride perhaps? :brow:

The plan is to zigzag my way from Texas to Cali & I want to catch as many sites as I can on the way (Grand Canyon my only must). I think I'll just buy a cheap bike in TX and sell it in Cali again when I fly home, but another option would be to borrow one in TX and circle back when I get to the coast. It'll depend a bit on budget and how much time I have (I'm allowed to stay for 3 months without a visa, but I'm not sure my boss will let me come back to work if I stay that long :lol: ).

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I think you guys should keep in mind that performance will vary per unit and depends mostly on the resistance of the heating element and somewhat on the size and woodtype of your unit (the latter is more of an influence with the older cores and less with the new insulated ones). If you have a higher resistance heating element you'll need a higher voltage for the same performance compared to a unit with a resistor with a lower resistance.

I asked Dave to put a low resistance one in mine when I ordered it and I got one with a resistance of 19ohms now (measured when cold, it goes up a little when it comes to working temperature). This one never needs to be taken over 11,8V with the UD stems, or 12,2V max when I use it with a GonG HI stem (it doesn't make a perfect seal with the heater port like the silicon stems, so it needs a little more heat to compromise for the 'air-leakage').

With the UD stems I can get a dark brown AVB on just 11,2V even, as long as it been on for a few hours.

That's some great information OTA :tup: I will have to put a meter to mine and see what it measures.

Your trip sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, hope the boss man lets you take plenty of time off to enjoy it! Motorcyling (but mainly dirt bikes) has also been a passion of mine since I was a little one. Would you believe I learned to ride my Yamaha YZ50 on training wheels at age 3, before I even had a pedal bike! Good times.

Peloton,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Measuring the resistance is the first thing I do before firing up a new log Peloton. I even suggested to put the resistance of each unit on the the bottom to CRZ-Rick once, but he didn't go for it unfortunately :lol:

I still think it's a good idea though, since not everyone has a multimeter and it is kind of a bitch to measure it once the unit is put together. Unless you have plug with the screw-connections or a cord with exposed leads or something.

Haha, I didn't even know they made training wheels for bikes :lol:

My first ride was on a dirtbike too, but it was a 250cc Suzuki & I was 14. First time I tried riding it I gunned it and the bike rode off on it's rear wheel all by itself just when my ass hit the ground :lol:

I don't meet that many riders that can keep up with me on asphalt, but I totally suck on dirt. I'm thinking about taking some off-road lessons some time, because I have some sandier places on my want-to-ride-through list too :evil:

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: Peloton

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I recieved the hourglass underdog todayy. I think I'm going to call him Father Time. I have yet to test it out but I cant wait to get home and test it out. lol
Father Time is such a nice name.. for a log vape.. Chronus is one of my favorite antique characters :).
Chronos_oeuvre_grand.jpg
Have fun with your wooden pet dude ! Make friends and will last you beyond time :)!

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
I recieved the hourglass underdog todayy. I think I'm going to call him Father Time. I have yet to test it out but I cant wait to get home and test it out. lol
I love all the creative names that UDs come up with for their UDs! We like to name the pieces when the feeling just strikes us, but we also like to wait and see what others will name them. Has anyone else named their dog?

underdogette,

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
I'm glad that everyone likes the name. It just came to me, and it seemed to fit. Chronus is definitely a cool character. :D

I just received the underdog today. It is definitely worth every penny. I had heard that log vapes are so conservative, but I had no idea until I saw how little it uses!

When I got home, I let it warm up for 40 minutes. I followed this with two hits for the night. I'm living in an apartment, so I tend to take minimal hits to reduce smell; It was also more of a "test run". Anyways, I exhaled thinking that nothing came out. Next thing I knew, I'm exhaling vapor like crazy. I literally felt zero harshness in those hits. I now understand why the site is called Fuck Combustion. :lol:
Overall, I loved the product based on how it hits, its looks, and its stealth. I definitely recommend this product. :tup:

Edit: I am wondering if I'm using the stems right though. This is my first vaporizer, so I'm still slightly wet behind the ears. I place my herb on the screen facing me. I'm afraid that it will fall into the UD if I place it on the other side. However, when I inhale, it will go up the tube toward me. This does make me think that I need to put it on the other side. Any tips for this? :)

AdmiralAlpacha

Yep you will want the herbs on the other side of the screen, don't worry they wont fall in. I usually turn my dog upside down when putting on and removing stems to avoid dropping the herb out of the end.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Yeah Bill like AA said you need to put the herb on the other side of the screen, the 'short' side closest to the core. If you turn the Dog upside down like AA said you shouldn't have any problems with spillage but even if you do get a little debris in the core it's easy to just blow out or tip upside down and let it fall out. Some people bang on them to get the stuff out but I think that's unnecessary usually. :peace:

underdog,

djonkoman

falling in isn't realy a problem, there's also a screen in the heatport, but I do usually keep the dog at a slight upweard angle while hitting, especially the first hits.
I do often have pieces of weed stuck in the heatport, happens most with a bit bigger pieces and if you just take 1-2 hits then remove the stem(I either tap on the UD, tap the UD with heatport down on my hand, or use my stirring tool to remove it since sometimes tapping wnt help). kief also tends to stick to the heatport, but more to the rim so you can quickly wipe it off with a finger, or with the stem. (I can really recommend a stem filled with mostly kief btw)

I will spend some qalitytime vwith my dog today, we didn't get to do much yesterday, I was sick. came up really suddden in the morning(usually I get warningsigns at least the previous night), didn't really have an appetite but ate a grilled cheese sandwich anyway, and guess that was a bit too much, 15 minutes later my breakfast ended up in a bucket. then I thought vaping might help, since it usually works for sickness-symptoms(but I haven't thrown up in years, except from booze), but right after taking a bonghit I had to use the bucket again so I didn't dare to vape the rest of yesterday.
but now after a long night rest I feel better, if I still feel good after breakfast it's time to catch up

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks for the vid EUN, that bub is so much smaller then I expected. It looks about the same volume as my weedstar hamer bub but with room for a little more water.

I always turn my logs upside down as soon as I pick it up to use it and never had anything fallen in ever. Sometimes a bit of hash sticks to the heater port but they always betray themselves quickly with their smoke signals :lol:

Even though I do get attached to some dead objects like cars, bikes, and yes, vapes & waterpipes, I have never really named any one of them as far as I can recall. MY HI is called ET which stands for Evil Twin, but it was already given that name before it became mine so I can't take credit for that. Oh wait, I did call my BM twig Abluesymalhoe, but that's more like a nick that never gets used. I just call it Blue Mahoe in every day life when revering to it.

edit: ps; I hope you feel better already Djonko :cheers:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
falling in isn't realy a problem, there's also a screen in the heatport, but I do usually keep the dog at a slight upweard angle while hitting, especially the first hits.
I do often have pieces of weed stuck in the heatport, happens most with a bit bigger pieces and if you just take 1-2 hits then remove the stem(I either tap on the UD, tap the UD with heatport down on my hand, or use my stirring tool to remove it since sometimes tapping wnt help). kief also tends to stick to the heatport, but more to the rim so you can quickly wipe it off with a finger, or with the stem. (I can really recommend a stem filled with mostly kief btw)

I will spend some qalitytime vwith my dog today, we didn't get to do much yesterday, I was sick. came up really suddden in the morning(usually I get warningsigns at least the previous night), didn't really have an appetite but ate a grilled cheese sandwich anyway, and guess that was a bit too much, 15 minutes later my breakfast ended up in a bucket. then I thought vaping might help, since it usually works for sickness-symptoms(but I haven't thrown up in years, except from booze), but right after taking a bonghit I had to use the bucket again so I didn't dare to vape the rest of yesterday.
but now after a long night rest I feel better, if I still feel good after breakfast it's time to catch up

I hope you're feeling better today! That sounds awful.

I also vape with the dog and stem straight out in front of me (parallel to floor). Plus not losing any herb, it's a more comfortable draw for me than being hunched over or tipped backwards.

underdogette,
Reactions: Peloton

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
so i got a new bubb today and its my first glass piece that has an 18mm joint. i put the thick silicon stem in and although it does 'fit', its not very tight. what would you guys suggest for me to do to fix this issue?

this is the bubbler btw if it helps with the suggestions
http://www.gogopipes.com/Glass_Bubbler-perk_glass_bubblers.html
Use a 18/14 reducer and shave your stem down (assuming you're using the thick stems) with a razor blade until it mates with the 14mm adapter.
:peace:

djonkoman

feeling completeky better today, luckily it went as quick as it came. and still beautifull weather, just got back from outside, foliar feeding my tomatoes with (fermented) dock tea(supposedly high in P and K, they are getting some fruits and some more flowers), but it's already quite dark so after a while I ended up just splasing it towards the plants with a brush, did a walk by the brocolli too that way. I had planned to water the entire garden too, and give the maize some nettletea, but I guess I'll wait with that till tomorrow, or maybe tomorrowmorning.
and I'm enjoying some delicious silver haze :)

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs and Future-Dogs-in-Lurking how's this fine Sunday treating you all? A pretty nice and laid back day around here today which is just how we like it on the weekends.

I was planning on pushing a website refresh through tonight but decided to hold off a few days so I can finish up a few lingering pieces and do them all at once. So, sometime after mid-week I should have about 20 pieces ready for the refresh. A little bit of everything in this refresh from Lost Dogs to Purebreds so there should be something for everyone. :rockon:

underdog

Manufacturer
Ohhh I like the sound of that AA.. how much longer do I have to wait? Just trying to calculate how many pieces I can make before then. :D

Top Bottom