Underdog Log Vapes

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks Gonzo.

I think Dave does advice to turn off the thinner/hotter pieces at night if you want to be safe it will hold out over a longer period of time, but I might be wrong.

edit: what is MLK-day..?

OhTheAgony,

bazzles

Martin Luther King day, US federal holiday in honor of Martin Luther King Jr, the United States Postal service doesn't deliver on this day. It makes me sad as I wished to use my UD Twig today haha

bazzles,

barca14

Thanks for all the help guys, I will definitely try a different power outlet/supply and better herb!

Dave, you should move to the south bay area, it's a solid 65-85 degrees all year, I'm bathing in the sunlight with my windows open as I type :)

barca14,

SD_haze

Gonzo said:
@SD_haze
Do you also find the UD to have less restricted airflow than the CRZ?

Definitely.

I find I can load a normal log vape's bowl, and get bigger, but less amount, of hits, or i can load much more and get even bigger tastier clouds.
So I'm not saying its necessarily more efficient extraction, but i enjoy the slightly bigger load size//hits with less restriction.

Its working amazingly with this bubble hash that is really finely grinded like sand.

SD_haze,

scottio19

scotty
bazzles said:
Martin Luther King day, US federal holiday in honor of Martin Luther King Jr, the United States Postal service doesn't deliver on this day. It makes me sad as I wished to use my UD Twig today haha

makes me sad too, gotta wait til tomorrow for mine to ship out. My friends won't shut up about me wasting my dough on another vape when I have "the almighty volcano", and all I want is to get my purpleheart to prove them wrong!

btw good wood choice with the bocote, that was another one of my favorites :brow:

barca14: I live in the south bay area too! haha its funny because I'm doing the same thing as you, soaking up the sun from my computer chair when I should be outside enjoying it before it gets dark out :lol:

scottio19,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Haha.. I actually spent a couple years in the Bay barca and scottio, not Berkeley and Oakland though so not exactly your area but close enough I guess. As much as I loved the 5th floor loft with a view of the bay I was in in Berkeley I doubt the neighbors there would be psyched if I moved back and brought my wood/metal shop with me lol. :lol:

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
[h]Hey current and future Underdogs.. can I get your attention please[/h]

As some of you already know I'm leaving on a business trip in a week and will be gone (ie, away from the shop) for nearly 3 weeks before my return. While I won't be taking or shipping orders while traveling I will be monitoring and participating in the FC forums (to a lesser extent than normal though I'm sure) as well as still be available by email should anyone need to get in touch.

I'm going to finish up all current orders and get them shipped out over the next day or two then put a hold on more orders until I return... so orders will not be able to be placed after tomorrow evening. If you need anything that can't wait a few weeks I suggest you get an order in today or tomorrow.

In addition to other business I will be meeting with some of my wood suppliers and touring some mills, etc, so if any of you would like me to look for anything specific now would be a good time to let me know. If we've already been discussing this stuff there's no need to send another message.

Thanks! :peace:

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Definitely keep an eye out for some Sumac :cool: Enjoy the trip. Can't wait to see the new wood selections.

Gonzo,

mongrel

mongrel said:
ta for your quick reply gonzo. just ordered my little dog. now the mongrel will have his very own bitch/playmate :-)
update: unfortunately the model i picked was sold already and even more unfortunately the website had not been updated to reflect this. *sigh* at this rate i'll have to go back to a bong. :-( no real bad just bloody annoying! the hunt continues.
mongrel

mongrel,

underdog

Manufacturer
mongrel said:
update: unfortunately the model i picked was sold already and even more unfortunately the website had not been updated to reflect this. *sigh* at this rate i'll have to go back to a bong. :-( no real bad just bloody annoying! the hunt continues.
mongrel

Sorry mongrel! I'll make sure it works out better next time.. now just got to find some more of that wood to tempt you with. :uhoh: Again though, seriously, sorry about the inconvenience..

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
:o he just updated it I guess, most of my favs are gone!

Bye bye mr ripples, bye bye little cebil bulb & beautiful figured maple :(

Pick up that nice Myrtle Burl Stump quick Mongrel, before someone else takes that one too..

edit: ps: got your last email too Dave, that was all the info I needed, thanks!

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
OhTheAgony said:
:o he just updated it I guess, most of my favs are gone!

Bye bye mr ripples, bye bye little cebil bulb & beautiful figured maple :(

Pick up that nice Myrtle Burl Stump quick Mongrel, before someone else takes that one too..

edit: ps: got your last email too Dave, that was all the info I needed, thanks!
Mr Ripples was one of my favorites along multi wood models i favor from solid pieces - madrone burl and red bishop !

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
underdog said:
[h]Hey current and future Underdogs.. can I get your attention please[/h]

As some of you already know I'm leaving on a business trip in a week and will be gone (ie, away from the shop) for nearly 3 weeks before my return. While I won't be taking or shipping orders while traveling I will be monitoring and participating in the FC forums (to a lesser extent than normal though I'm sure) as well as still be available by email should anyone need to get in touch.

I'm going to finish up all current orders and get them shipped out over the next day or two then put a hold on more orders until I return... so orders will not be able to be placed after tomorrow evening. If you need anything that can't wait a few weeks I suggest you get an order in today or tomorrow.

In addition to other business I will be meeting with some of my wood suppliers and touring some mills, etc, so if any of you would like me to look for anything specific now would be a good time to let me know. If we've already been discussing this stuff there's no need to send another message.

Thanks! :peace:
Just have sent you mail ! :) (I am sure many guys did.. when they saw this message :D )

Abysmal Vapor,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Quick question Dave. Would something like this work for a power supply for an overnight camping trip?

http://www.buckeyetoolsupply.com/Bl...hargers/Automotive/Black-Decker-p7263392.html

I would keep the dog plugged in while driving there in the core and then would switch it over to the power supply. Could this harm the piece? I figure if the dog is already warm the power supply will just need to keep it going for a few hours. Any thought from anyone? Would I need a larger power supply?

Edit* I would be using it with the UD car adapter.

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
Quick question Dave. Would something like this work for a power supply for an overnight camping trip?

http://www.buckeyetoolsupply.com/Bl...hargers/Automotive/Black-Decker-p7263392.html

I would keep the dog plugged in while driving there in the core and then would switch it over to the power supply. Could this harm the piece? I figure if the dog is already warm the power supply will just need to keep it going for a few hours. Any thought from anyone? Would I need a larger power supply?

Edit* I would be using it with the UD car adapter.

Well lets run the numbers and see what we get. The jump starter is rated at 9 amp hr and since you typically don't want to run them below 50% we'll consider it 4.5 amp hr. Being overly conservative lets say the UD draws 10w. So at 12v drawing 10w you should get 2.2 hours out of the 4.5 amp hr. I think you could probably push it to 3 hours without beating up on the battery too badly but it would need recharging before using again. Oh the above numbers assume you're starting with a fully charged battery too. Instead of leaving it on the whole time it might be more energy efficient to heat-up and use the piece then unplug then repeat as necessary a couple hours later. I imagine the little Twig wouldn't take more than a 1/2 hour to heat up.

You can totally run the UD in the car on the way there just be careful and keep in mind that the car might be running as high as 13.5v+ so may have the potential to overheat your UD. You might just warm it up in the car 15-20 minutes before use instead of having it on the whole time. It won't take any less power to keep it warm than to warm up from a cold start other than the time involved if that makes sense.

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
My car sucks for the UD sometimes but it is fantastic other times. The ENGINE not the cars electronics have to be on to get 12v power. While the engine is running it is definitely over 12v and I get hotter hits with a faster warm up time. I've driven around with it plugged in for an hour and its hotter than normal, but I'd assume under 14v for sure so I'm not too worried. It doesn't get THAT much hotter, but it gets hotter way faster which is good for a car.

darkrom,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Nice video, and beautiful UberTwig. I really did love the shape of that one. Is that a crack in the Purpleheart UberTwig? Mind if I ask what happened to it?

Gonzo,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I thought it might be a lost dog. Both my UberTwigs have cracks and I love the slight imperfections. Makes each piece unique.

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
Nice, glad you're enjoying it VB..

It's unbelievably hard to make these dang uber-Twigs this small and thin without any cracks forming.. glad you guys like them anyways because otherwise I'd be overflowing with them. :p

underdog,

bazzles

Received my Bocote Twig today! All I can say is WOW!, now I'm not sure how anyone could say they are unable to get visible hits from their UD, especially a Twig! This this is quite the little vape, it packs one hell of a damn punch, I think I may need to push my screen back from the default, because after this baby has been on for more than an hour it can produce a hit like you wouldn't believe, vapes the whole pack in one hit almost (I had gotten four through 5 during the warm up before I had to go to work. Plugged her back in when I got home and now as I type I almost finished a pack in a hit, granted now I am quiet vaked :ko: lol sooo... A++ anyone without an UD in their arsenal hasn't fully experienced vaping ;)

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Glad you are enjoying it bazzles. I think the fact that this thread is 75 pages in with nothing but praise should speak for itself. Posts like your remind me of my first experience with a UD. Was like finding a long lost friend :lol:

I also move my screens back from default because I find it makes the load last for more hits. I do keep a few stems with screens at various depths so I can easily choose what size bowl to load. Would love to see some pics or a video if you get the chance.

Gonzo,
Top Bottom