Underdog Log Vapes

bazzles

Sent an email about purchasing, I will soon be one of the many faithful Underdogs I do believe. I'm thinking I'd like a Bocote, Silver Maple, or Claro Walnut Twig (uber-Twig? difference?). I noticed in Stroh's review the Twigs produce a much lighter ABV than the full-size Dog which sort of confused me (I thought they(Twigs) ran hotter?). I know some say first time buyers shouldn't get a Twig but instead a full-size Dog but sadly I don't think my budget will allow for that; plus I bring my vaporizer to friend's houses sometimes and the added portability seemed like a plus to me since it didn't appear that size negated from performance.

bazzles,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
underdog said:
Elluzion said:
Like an idiot, i just spilled eucalyptus oil all on the top of my dog, any tips to clean / help it? :(

I've had luck unplugging them, standing them upside-down on a stack of paper towels and let it set for a while so any fluid can run out (15 min maybe) then carefully wipe it all down, plug back in and let any lingering oil evaporate off.. don't leave the piece unattended during this stage as the oil could reach combustion. There may be lingering smell for quite some time but in my experiments it has all burned off eventually.

Thanks Dave! I wiped off the excess immediately and then now I have it upside down for a lil! :D

Elluzion,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
bazzles said:
Sent an email about purchasing, I will soon be one of the many faithful Underdogs I do believe. I'm thinking I'd like a Bocote, Silver Maple, or Claro Walnut Twig (uber-Twig? difference?). I noticed in Stroh's review the Twigs produce a much lighter ABV than the full-size Dog which sort of confused me (I thought they(Twigs) ran hotter?). I know some say first time buyers shouldn't get a Twig but instead a full-size Dog but sadly I don't think my budget will allow for that; plus I bring my vaporizer to friend's houses sometimes and the added portability seemed like a plus to me since it didn't appear that size negated from performance.
His twig is with the old 1/4 core ;) :). Welcome to the Dogride dude !
All new pieces (almost) have the new 3/8 core or can be retrofitted with it.. So don't worry.. Usually smaller pieces heat up faster and run hotter.. Twig have less wood (are slimmer) than most UD's that why they will run hotter + are at a killer price and off 1 solid piece of wood to ensure durability :).
My UD has 3/8 core and it is smaller than my fist .. Check the site and view photos they is a comparison in sizes to a tea cup so you can easily get an idea , there a dimension calculations too. :) .

Abysmal Vapor,

bazzles

Now my only problem is which beautiful type of wood I would like. The recent Claro Walnut Burls are awesome, but I am also heavily drawn to the Silver Maple on the end of the group pic and the Bocote. Any suggestions haha? I know this part of deciding is pretty much all personal preference but I just can't choose!

bazzles,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I am a believer that when you see the right piece, you will know. And like most of us, you will more than likely end up with several. Collecting log vapes is quit addictive!

Personally, my recent favorites are bamboo ubertwig and Clark walnut burl twigs on page 64.

Gonzo,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well from those you mentioned.. I favor the Bocote.. It is a unique and exotic piece. Anyway it is impossible to go wrong with any dog :).

Abysmal Vapor,

SD_haze

I decided on this beautiful canarywood twig, really love the natural red twinge at the top
lineup2twigs.jpg

SD_haze,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
underdog said:
HighlyEducatedScholar said:
do have a question about the twig though. in your UD review video, you show a "pre-producation" twig that has the AC port (not sure if thats the right term for it) on the bottom of twig and you need to rest it on the edge of your jar to stand up-right. can the new twigs stand up-right or do they have the same anatomy?

Woohoo, a question I can answer! All the new twigs (uber-Twigs) have the side mounted power port.. :cool:

nice! its bittersweet that i now have my questions answered since it'll be harder than ever to fight off the temptation to adopt of of these pups. darn my curiosity! :lol:

stroh said:
thanks highly educated! expect a comparison video of the pre-prod twig and the ubertwig once i break him in, as for whether the input is on the bottom, i would ask an ubertwig owner or Dave on that one

can't wait! already subbed to you on yt too :ko:

HighlyEducatedScholar,

bazzles

I'm going with the Claro Walnut Burl, hopefully the exact one I requested is still available and if it is, me= :D
So now I wait, and soon I pay, and then I will be a 'Dog owner and I am sure praiser haha

bazzles,
Bazzles, I think you may be trying to get one i already have dibs on. Sorry bud. :p

Im pretty sure he could make you another though.

Just so you know Dave told me this about Walnut Burl

"Just to let you know with the Claro Twigs I wouldn't leave them on 24/7 if I were you. I'm sure they'd be fine with an occasional session like that but the wood isn't dense like Ash or Purpleheart and the heat will tear it up faster than one of those woods. Nothing to worry about just that they need to be taken better care of than some pieces."

VaporBoxed,

bazzles

It just might be, but as you say, he said he would be glad to make another similar one. I take it you have dibs on the one next to the scarred one on pace 64? If so, so you have good taste ;) I like the shape of that one, it almost looks like a drinking cup, sort of tapers out toward the top. And thanks for the info, I'd like to take care of my Twig the best I can.

Edit: Twigs come with the aromatherapy top too, right? I was going to buy a few diffuser blends to dabble in the joys of aromatherapy and vapeing haha

bazzles,
I knew it. :)

I compliment your taste as well. Its one of the most unique logs ive seen in a while.
Also, they do come with the aromatherapy top. Make sure to get the FC goodies. I have enough screens, jars, and muslin bags to last me a looonnnggg timee.

VaporBoxed,
hey im about to purchase a lost underdog for 150 where do you get the FC goodies? do recommend paying 30 for shipping and it being shipped to canada? should i buy one?

kushunderdog,

cluffy

Vaker
kushunderdog said:
hey im about to purchase a lost underdog for 150 where do you get the FC goodies? do recommend paying 30 for shipping and it being shipped to canada? should i buy one?

Yes and email Dave. :-P Just click the email link under his name.

cluffy,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i would pay the extra shipping in a heartbeat if i lived abroad

got home to a lonely looking package on my doorstep, so i invited the stray to come in ;)

photo30ma.jpg

not the best picture, but my DSLR is charging and i thought it would be good to give a little size comparison/show off the lovely grain on this piece.

the ubertwigs are definitely burlier than their pre-prod counterparts, i would say they remind me of a slightly height challenged PD on a diet :lol:

so far the feel is super nice, has a decent heft to it, and feels completely rock solid in the hand. this baby is heating up, and we shall soon get acquainted with one another, the glass stems also feel nice so far.

i am super stoked on this guy so far, lovely work on the ubertwigs Dave!

stroh,

Adobewan

@kushunderdog
Yes buy it.
I use my B-Day UD everyday.
For convenience, ease of use, desk appeal, and most importantly, powerful delivery of medicine, it's hard to beat an Underdog. The love Dave puts into these puppies is oh so evident and well worth every cent!!!

Adobewan,
Looking good! Im loving my ubertwig, it fits perfectly in my hand and is perfect for these cold winter months.

VaporBoxed,
no. The volcano and UD are two totally different vapes. I dont think you can compare them. If you are planning on spending ~$700 on vapes total then take a look at the Oracle Infared. No heat up time, no stirring, whip. I think someone did a review on both in the Oracle thread.

VaporBoxed,

cluffy

Vaker
kushunderdog said:
nice man, ordering mine now :). is the volcano better then underdog? because i was going to buy one too. should i?

Do some research before you spend all that cash on a Volcano!!! Unless money is no object, then buy a Volcano for me too, I'd love to try one!!! :p Check out the ask FC forum for all sorts of advice, and I saw you on the chat, so that's a good place too, even if there are a bunch of fanboys on it... :lol: Of course there are none of those in the Underdog thread.... ;)

Seriously, I think you'd be best off finding a nice water pipe to go with your new Underdog before you jump on another vape, dogs love water!!!

cluffy,
i have done my homework i can get one for 600 plus extras just wondering if i would even need it ? if i had a underdog :/

kushunderdog,
were can u buy the oracle in vancouver ? i rather get a volcano would i need it if i had a underdog? would it be usefull?

kushunderdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I have used a volcano before and personally I much prefer my UD through a piece of glass. This may be because I don't really like bag vapes as well. I prefer to take a nice big hit through a piece of glass. IMO a UD for home and a portables for on the go are all I need.

Gonzo,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
kushunderdog said:
were can u buy the oracle in vancouver ? i rather get a volcano would i need it if i had a underdog? would it be usefull?

Haven't used an oracle...but after vaping for the last 2-3 years I can safely say most ANYONE that will get into vaping HEAVILY, especially solo or with one other person, will much prefer using their vape in direct draw mode through glass. just a much more satisfying experience.

Bag vapes are really meant for entertaining/party settings in my opinion, or relaxing I guess?

That said, the oracle is supposed to be top tier for bag vapes with all its options.

MarcellusWiley,
Top Bottom