Underdog Log Vapes

Yeah, that first post was a Der, I just picked the cheapest of the results for "13 Volt adapter."

I appreciate it, Gvape. It'd be nice if we could find a source of reliable, inexpensive 13 Volt or adjustable power sources for the forum to use.

charliedontsurf,

gvape

charliedontsurf said:
Yeah, that first post was a Der, I just picked the cheapest of the results for "13 Volt adapter."

I appreciate it, Gvape. It'd be nice if we could find a source of reliable, inexpensive 13 Volt or adjustable power sources for the forum to use.

Check your email because I just sent you the one to buy. Only had two left or I would have posted it for everyone.

gvape,
Gvape, tonight you are my personal hero. Thanks!

I think I might even be able to use this as an AC adapter for my Solo, on the 9V setting. I think I'll need a little adapter male piece but that's no problem.

charliedontsurf,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
ot so happy..., man... Fockin customs.. held it.. Unfortunate .. They want me to bring.. them some proof that this is a prize for contest.. and i haven't paid any cash.. LOL.. It is getting kind of paragraph 22 because either i have to show them proof that i paid.. 100 + 45(shipment) so they can charge me.. I haven't paid nothing so even i can't pay even i i want... BUMP..
The customs women said to me that i need to print from the forum or facebook, the contest.. .. What proof would that be .. when we are using our nicknames here i don't know... I asked her how to prove... that she said brings some prints and we will see.. LOL >. It is up to their personal judgement if i am gonna get my item.. I asked them if i can show the thread of contest.. on their desktops.. and they said they have restricted i-net connection.. and i wonder.. how they gonna know if what i have printed is the truth when they can't check themselves..

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
Not so happy..., man... Fockin customs.. held it.. Unfortunate .. They want me to bring.. them some proof that this is a prize for contest.. and i haven't paid any cash.. LOL.. It is getting kind of paragraph 22 because either i have to show them proof that i paid.. 100 + 45(shipment) so they can charge me.. I haven't paid nothing so even i can't pay even i i want... BUMP..
The customs women said to me that i need to print from the forum or facebook, the contest.. .. What proof would that be .. when we are using our nicknames here i don't know... I asked her how to prove... that she said brings some prints and we will see.. LOL >. It is up to their personal judgement if i am gonna get my item.. I asked them if i can show the thread of contest.. on their desktops.. and they said they have restricted i-net connection.. and i wonder.. how they gonna know if what i have printed is the truth when they can't check themselves..

Damn them! :rolleyes:

I'll be gone all day today but if you need anything just send me an email and I'll get it as soon as I get home this evening.. good luck!

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

smile>>>
LOL I am brave again.. i printed all the fc stuff from the design contest + facebook + emails.. Hope that is enough proof for them.. Tomorrow i will lawyer out my dog of custom prison.. :) . Has anyone ever had to proove smth for customs :) .. with forum post and facebook pages ?

Abysmal Vapor,

gvape

charliedontsurf said:
Gvape, tonight you are my personal hero. Thanks!

I think I might even be able to use this as an AC adapter for my Solo, on the 9V setting. I think I'll need a little adapter male piece but that's no problem.

Glad to have helped ya out. That would be awesome if it worked for the solo too. Would be nice to have one charger for a few vapes, less cord mess.

Also for anyone interested in the adapter that I have its this enercell:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3832487

and woah wait, a design contest. How did I miss this? Haha, where was I! Oh well :D Congrats on winning it Absymal!

gvape,

Abysmal Vapor

CaptainDDL said:
AV, couldn't you just tell them it was a gift from a friend? :(
It is noted as a gift.. but i think that you have to mention the value in order to insure it i think.. Anyway a neighbor of mine is working at the customs.. in the parcel department.. I guess i gotta ask him a favor.. if things are going bad ,i think he is a stoner so .. so i might offer him a dog ride ;) ..

Abysmal Vapor,

gvape

Hey Dave, am I able to leave my dog on for the day. Lets say 8-12 hours. I would love to plug it in when I wake up and unplug when I go to bed. Then its not such a big deal unplugging and plugging in all day.

Otherwise, not sure if this would help, but what about lowering the voltage to a lower setting, say 9v, while I am not using it.

gvape,

underdog

Manufacturer
gvape said:
Hey Dave, am I able to leave my dog on for the day. Lets say 8-12 hours. I would love to plug it in when I wake up and unplug when I go to bed. Then its not such a big deal unplugging and plugging in all day.

Otherwise, not sure if this would help, but what about lowering the voltage to a lower setting, say 9v, while I am not using it.

Hey Gvape, all I can really tell you is what I've told everyone else... maybe. :D

I never intended the vapes to be left on for long periods of time so I didn't really focus my testing in that direction so I don't know what if anything will happen if you leave it on for 8-12 hours. I suspect it would be fine but again I just don't know. If you want to experiment, please by all means go for it. If you are going to I'd recommend checking it every hour to make sure it's not too hot until you are satisfied that it is safe and stable. You might find that leaving it on at say 9-10v between uses cuts down on the warm-up time, again I'm not sure and you'd have to play around to find out.

If you do experiment please let us know how it works out... :peace:

underdog,

cluffy

Vaker
Dave, you explained your point in post #75 point

I agree, I don't think anything should be left on continuously. But the low wattage of the UD should allow it to be left on for at least a day at a time. I will do some experimenting when the weather gets worse...

Still loving the "Toadstool" !!!! I've found that about 3/4" down is where I like my screen. I load that 1/2 way and get 2 very large hits. sometimes 3 but like to leave some love in the ABV...

CHEERS DOGS!

cluffy,

gvape

Ok I will do some testing. The dog will be in sight at all times when it is on. If I am planning on leaving then I turn it off. What is the recommended amount of time that it is left on for then? The only thing Im really worried about is the thing falling apart... is that something that may happen? If something does happen during this testing, I hope that it doesn't cost too much to fix ;)

Anyways, heres a video of a "Wet Tamed Dog" Mobius Ion Reti --> SSV Tamer --> Underdog

Keep in mind this is 12v and not the 13v like in the previous video. I also turn the light off that I use take the video and turn on the normal overhead light. Still pretty milky.... just wanted to show you that its not just the light doing the job, its the actual vape :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcHNxwnOnoI

gvape,

underdog

Manufacturer
gvape said:
Ok I will do some testing. The dog will be in sight at all times when it is on. If I am planning on leaving then I turn it off. What is the recommended amount of time that it is left on for then? The only thing Im really worried about is the thing falling apart... is that something that may happen? If something does happen during this testing, I hope that it doesn't cost too much to fix ;)

Anyways, heres a video of a "Wet Tamed Dog" Mobius Ion Reti --> SSV Tamer --> Underdog

Keep in mind this is 12v and not the 13v like in the previous video. I also turn the light off that I use take the video and turn on the normal overhead light. Still pretty milky.... just wanted to show you that its not just the light doing the job, its the actual vape :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcHNxwnOnoI

Sounds like a good plan Gvape, there isn't a set amount of time I recommend to leave it on.. I just recommend turning it off between uses. This is just me being me and I tend to err on the side of caution and conservatism.

Since you're considering doing this research and experimentation for the benefit of us all I'll fix it for free if it breaks in the process.

That being said don't break it 'cause I don't want to fix it... :lol:
Seriously though, don't leave it on when you're not there, don't leave it on at a more than 12v and I don't think you'll have a problem.. if you do I'll fix the vape under warranty.

underdog,

gvape

Thanks a lot. I will be cautious while testing, and keep everyone informed. I have yet to leave the 13v on for more than 15, maybe 20 minutes. The vape does get a bit hot at times durin the day, but it never runs hotter than my toasty top. It is always a few degrees cooler to the touch.

I will start some testing with the 9v setting and see how long it takes to heat up after being left on 9v for lets say 1 or 2 hours at a given time and see how long it takes to warm up and how cool it gets. I think I have one of those laser thermometers somewhere... do some testing on the temps as well.

gvape,

Abysmal Vapor

underdog said:
Hope you get everything straightened out there Abysmal!
Thanks to the engineer of the universe who put so many goodhearted stoners around the world.. My neighbor help me a lot.. his boss was a very cool chick with long blond hair with a Led Zeppelin T-shirt lol..
I am always amazed how relations work in my country.. Sometimes it is impossible to deal with the customs.. or other government institutions , without having somebody on the inside..
That chick not only saved my dog.. but she was very nice i assumed the story "This is a prize from a contest for vaporizer" very well and she said it is no problem.. i don't even have to pay 35 $ taxes... LOL..

Dave my dog is at home currently warming up :) Thanks for the extra stems.. :) Thanks for the jar :p . I have question about the pouches Is it one of two parts.. or i got two.. Was it meant for abv ? WOW dave .. it feels like it is all one part.. (bad explanation maybe) .. The different woodtypes have fitted together like it is made of one whole piece.
I know i got the bigger core ;) but this thing is so small i can hide it in my palm... I can't imagine that it can get tinier than that with the little core.. :)
I will report later.. when i get walked by my dog in a misty fog .

Abysmal Vapor,

gvape

Congrats on finally getting it. I bet it feels good to finally take that dog out for a walk.

Well, some results on the first round of testing. Turned my unit on this morning at the 12v setting. Let it warm up for about 1.5 hours and then let it sit for another hour at 9v.

The unit is much cooler at 9v, yet I am stil able to hit it and get minimal vapor.

Bumped the unit back to 12v and within 15-20 minutes I had thick vapor again. I am going to try and time it next time, I always forget to look at a clock before I start. I think I may be able to use the 9v setting and leave it on 24/7 as it doesn't get too hot. Then whenever I want to use it bump it up to the 12v setting as the warmup time is not a problem then.

I also have some wacky charges that dont warm the unit enough to vape.. Maybe having it sit on one of those chargers at an even lower temp would be good, and just plug the 12v in when needed.... hmm more experimenting to come :)

gvape,

Abysmal Vapor

Woah ! :D I never thought i would love a dog.. but this one is for sure stoner's best friend..
My first impressions:
This is a very friendly (user friendly too ) vaporizer..
It looks nice .. and is small ,so small that i can obscure it in my palm :).
Extracts herb very well without combustion. and like it bettter than the DBV for vape bonging..
I am getting half the heat power of my magic wand... for 12 v 5 w compared to 200 w magick wand..
The smaller load is what makes this vape efficient .. IMO Underdog is great for a daily driver ,cause you conserve, still getting clouds, funny in a positive way taste.. Not as clean as the GONG magick wand.. but better than my DBV.. Also have to mention that it doesnt kill the whole taste on the first two bong drawl as MW and DBV does.. :) ..
The high from my Underdog is also different .. magical ... unique..
There is some magic for sure because on my try .. I tried with and empty stem so i can check for any taste or smth like that.. Any way the air was fresh warm and nice .. and my nose is pretty sensitive.. so .. ;)
The weird thing was that i got a bit high... when i hit the empty stem .. May be it was placebo effect or a flashback .. don't know..
Wow i just saw this post .. i did forget to post it .. i hardly remember writing it :) .

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom