Underdog Log Vapes

lolol. Don't worry all the log guys have run into these problems. I didn't take it past 13.2v so I KNOW it wasn't user error. Dave don't worry these are they chineses part we all know they are shit! this reflects nothing on you. :tup:

!!!!Anyone who doesn't want to way you can go to radio shack and purchase an erenercell 6-12 adapter with the M attachment. It'll run around 40-50 bucks.

biojuggernaut,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Dave,
Have you considered the Jameco plugs? I've heard they are top quality and I've never had a problem with mine. I have no idea how much they cost, but it's just a thought.

:2c:

Stu,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Stu said:
Dave,
Have you considered the Jameco plugs? I've heard they are top quality and I've never had a problem with mine. I have no idea how much they cost, but it's just a thought.

:2c:

Haha hey Stu - yeah actually I usually use Jameco adapters but last time I ordered they were out of stock and back-ordered for like 5-6 weeks so I bought similar ones but in Emerson brand from Mouser which is a quality vendor so I figured I'd be safe. Well that obviously didn't turn out well. Jameco now has them back in stock so I will be ordering a batch on Monday (I usually order 20-30 at a time).

Just so everyone knows for future reference, the ones that aren't working out well are these ones from Mouser: Emerson DA12-120US-M

and the Jameco ones that I've had good luck with in the past and will be ordering more of on Monday are: Jameco Reliapro S15AC120

Just in case anyone is interested in details like this.. :p Good to know we both have good taste Stu (for Jameco)

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
The level of info you provide is really reassuring to your customers. I wish all companies did this and didn't leave us in the dark panicking so often.

New adapters no big deal IMO other than the wait possibly killing some of you guys.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
The level of info you provide is really reassuring to your customers. I wish all companies did this and didn't leave us in the dark panicking so often.

New adapters no big deal IMO other than the wait possibly killing some of you guys.

Haha thanks for the vote of confidence darkrom..

@ bio - if your variable power supply is still on the fritz I'll send you a replacement just let me know

underdog,
underdog said:
darkrom said:

@ bio - if your variable power supply is still on the fritz I'll send you a replacement just let me know

Yeah its still tripping out and not providing any accurate read out. Its more then tweaked. =(

biojuggernaut,

underdog

Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
underdog said:
darkrom said:

Yeah its still tripping out and not providing any accurate read out. Its more then tweaked. =(

Ok I'll send you a new one ASAP. Between this and the stems mix up I'm sure not batting 100% with you huh? I'll have to compensate with my incredible wit and charm.. :brow:

underdog,

los

i havent had any power supply issues, knock on wood. g/l to everyone having issues, dave will get it all sorted out...

dave, honestly i really like this 1/4" core..i can get some nice dense clouds with it now and when i feel like conserving i can do that as well. im now using a mini skewer as a pick and i find that i can get more out of a stem than before :brow:, combine that with the change in screen position and im getting darker abv as well. experimenting with my dog has been a blast the last 2 days :ko: i am a very happy as well as satisfied customer!

los,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Dave.... I cannot believe it.. This is the fastest delivery ever... Underdog has wings for sure...
Item shipped on 10/3/2011 7:38:00 PM
Send Abroad from San Francisco 10/6/2011 9:05:00 PM
10/8/2011 1:53:00 PM accepted for domestic distribution Sofia, Bulgaria..
On monday i will go and fetch it . :)

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm feeling quite sick but after i take care of my dogs, then take care of the GF's dog/cat while shes out im going to newburry comics. I decided I'm selling my old DVDS for whatever and hoping I can get enough cash for a stem. If I can sell my older laptop to best buy for like $100 or so I'll order a nice aqua vape.

Dave don't you hold out, I want you to review the aqua vape asap haha. If you can make it work then I feel confident in saying the UD is even better. Water filtration is under rated IMO and something that I want to start using. Buying a bong and trying to be inconspicuous with it (even at home) is not a trivial task nor something I want anymore. Since I sold my roor I just wanted small portable (as in car not hiking) water filtration.

Did you order the small one or the larger one?

I'm more or less pawning all my shit to try to get a glass stem, aqua vape, and if I can sell enough stuff a 1/4 underdog. I have one hell of an idea for a custom underdog 1/4 that I want, but I don't know if its something I could ever afford.

darkrom,
underdog said:
biojuggernaut said:
underdog said:

Ok I'll send you a new one ASAP. Between this and the stems mix up I'm sure not batting 100% with you huh? I'll have to compensate with my incredible wit and charm.. :brow:

:rant:

Dave you practically gave me my dog and a power adapter for a little more then hundred dollars. It feels as if I'm robbing you! Plus you and I know these things happen all the time;

The first Vrip I bought the glass was blown wrong.
First Vapro (very expensive unknown vape - USA made mind you) had a broken power cord right from the box

So to see these chinese wall plugs go so soon isn't uncommon. The ac plug that Alan gave me for my TT only lasted a month, some original zap owners have reported this as well.
You'll always be the man in my book under :dog:
:cheers:

biojuggernaut,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
The ac plug that Alan gave me for my TT only lasted a month

This is the first I have heard that I had a failed plug. Is it the power plug or are referring to the replacement heating element that I sent you? The heating element you send back to me is in my personal Toasty Top and working just fine.

Was it this the discussion of which you are speaking? Non Toasty Top

Alan,

Rick

Zapman
I had a bunch of bad power supplies recently. They were good until I plugged them into a(more than one actually) completed unit. I have since added a quality control step that will eliminate that ever happening again. I got to eat a bunch of transformers as it was my bad. They do not taste good.

Rick,

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks for the support everyone.. while not fun we'll get this all straightened out. I'll be adding additional testing steps to try and keep this from happening again.

Is that what that taste is in my mouth Rick? You're right, it doesn't taste good at all! Luckily I will be able to send all the remaining ones back to Mouser but I'm going to have to eat-it on however many failed ones are out there in the field already. Yuck.

underdog,

Rick

Zapman
I install one of our little green replacement transformer plugs in the unit when it is complete but not yet fired. Very easy to check it with an ohmmeter at that time with the two little screws on the green plug. You also check it as the unit is exactly before plugging it in to a transformer. I was surprised at what I found. Rarely a problem but it does happen. Shorted plug or bad heater can be found with that test. A short will fry a transformer in short order. Bad heater they usually run on the cool side. Checking the heater before install is a good idea but not as good as checking it in the completed unit.

Rick,

underdog

Manufacturer
Rick said:
I install one of our little green replacement transformer plugs in the unit when it is complete but not yet fired. Very easy to check it with an ohmmeter at that time with the two little screws on the green plug. You also check it as the unit is exactly before plugging it in to a transformer. I was surprised at what I found. Rarely a problem but it does happen. Shorted plug or bad heater can be found with that test. A short will fry a transformer in short order. Bad heater they usually run on the cool side. Checking the heater before install is a good idea but not as good as checking it in the completed unit.

Thanks for the insight Rick, I have a similar procedure which has worked pretty well but totally failed to catch these bad power supplies. I think the problem is that the supplies aren't built to the spec their labels say they are. They might be labeled 12w but I think they aren't able to continuously put out more than about 5w which is total BS. So they pass all the bench tests, seem to work fine but then fail after a short period of time.. well they'll be going back and we'll be getting the better ones back in.

underdog,

stroh

errl enthusiast
wait Dave, how long have you been using the faulty power supplys? so far both of mine have been working, though it seems they does not maintain a steady, hot temperature compared to using another 12v adapter, though it is 12v - 1.0A rather than the .83A on the walwarts included with my dogs, could that be playing a factor? just curious, i do not need a replacement as i have a few reliable 12v supplys lying around.

stroh,

underdog

Manufacturer
stroh said:
wait Dave, how long have you been using the faulty power supplys? so far both of mine have been working, though it seems they does not maintain a steady, hot temperature compared to using another 12v adapter, though it is 12v - 1.0A rather than the .83A on the walwarts included with my dogs, could that be playing a factor? just curious, i do not need a replacement as i have a few reliable 12v supplys lying around.

Not sure if I was using them when I shipped your pieces.. but you can check your power supplies for the make/model. The problematic ones are: Emerson DA12-120US-M

underdog,
TV said:
biojuggernaut said:
The ac plug that Alan gave me for my TT only lasted a month

This is the first I have heard that I had a failed plug. Is it the power plug or are referring to the replacement heating element that I sent you? The heating element you send back to me is in my personal Toasty Top and working just fine.

Was it this the discussion of which you are speaking? Non Toasty Top

I'm sorry Alan to drag you into this thread; feel like a home wrecker already :rolleyes:
I was speaking of of the 12v wallport.

I was just letting Dave know that I have received other AC wall plugs MALE adapter that didn't last that long either, and that these things are only spilt milk. I could have exampled anything electronic what-not that broke within the first day but that AC plug came to mind when I was thinking about this situation. I would never mean to slander the Top or the heating element that both you and I know was never broken. I always stand by your professionalism Alan :tup:

IMG_2265.jpg

A little dog on top action!

DOo0ouble edit: Just found out that dave already provided me with a silicone stem. I was here thinking I was all witty that I converted the 3/8s to the phx.

biojuggernaut,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
I was just a little surprised. This is the first I have heard that one of my power supplies stopped working. I can send you a replacement unit. Shoot me an email.

It looks like you are using my shortie 14mm glass to connect that silicone tubing. Very cool.

Have you tried the TT on the end of that silicone tubing setup? I have been curious how the UD silicone tubing will work with the TT or CRZ. It should provide better airflow as there is less restriction.

Alan,
No the stems do not fit on the rz. Dave when I use the extension cord does that raise the resistance thus lowers the voltage my underdog receives?

biojuggernaut,

underdog

Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
No the stems do not fit on the rz. Dave when I use the extension cord does that raise the resistance thus lowers the voltage my underdog receives?

Hey bio - in a theoretical sort of way maybe, in the real world no not really. The 30' extension is a high quality one, only has a resistance of 1-2 ohms and at 12v has no noticeable voltage drop. I've not been able to detect any performance differences but I'm always open to other people testing and verifying my experiences with their own.

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
TV said:
biojuggernaut said:
I was just a little surprised. This is the first I have heard that one of my power supplies stopped working. I can send you a replacement unit. Shoot me an email.

It looks like you are using my shortie 14mm glass to connect that silicone tubing. Very cool.

Have you tried the TT on the end of that silicone tubing setup? I have been curious how the UD silicone tubing will work with the TT or CRZ. It should provide better airflow as there is less restriction.

Hey Alan thanks for joining in over here in Underdog land.. it's always nice to have other people with a passion for invention involved in our shenanigans.

You've got some great looking stuff and I have to admit I've always been pretty intrigued with the TT but I've never actually seen one. Maybe I'll get one for myself one of these days assuming you'd sell one to me.. or if you'd be game I'd love to trade you an Underdog for a TT.. that's be awesome.

underdog,
ud how would the cebil bubble hit compared to my bell? Whats the smallests height wise you could make a 3/8?

biojuggernaut,
Top Bottom