Underdog Log Vapes

CurryLeafTreehugger

Not sure just yet.. a couple are so dirty and gunked with abv/residue that I'll have to strip, clean and rebuild them before I can rehome them. That actually takes me more time and labor than just building a new one from scratch so it's sort of a conflict of interest and a hard decision to make. :hmm:

Oh fer freaking freaky freakity freakfreak. How the hell did they manage that? There is no way I would send something back dirty. They were fortunate enough to be ALLOWED to return them, the least they can do is return them in as-new condition. If its not as-new, you did that to it, YOU KEEP IT.

Besides which I am on my fourth and fifth UDs and not a single one of them was ever dirty. Stems get dirty. How the hell do you get the VAPE dirty?

I am so sorry.

Hi why you tripping about using a log vaporizer with issues of inhaling cannabis herb. Well better than combustion and inhaling benzene. But it's your grips if not bro use the fine mesh screen including the semi corse ones. Have 2 screens if you hate preticulate matter. Which Underdog has two kinds of screens it seems one very fine textured egg shape type mesh screen another just corse textured just a c cup type.

I'm actually not sure what you are trying to say, but as far as finer screens go - I can't get any of the proper size. I've been looking for well over a year. Other people in the business can't get them either. I bought some new glass stems recently and they are coming with FOUR, count them, FOUR extra fine screens, which the supplier actually cut down from larger screens from an old project.

The solution is not to compensate for weed fines though. It is not to create said weed fines to start with. Hence - coarse grinder. The coarser the grind, the fewer trichomes you knock off. I like my trichomes stuck to the herb where I can get at them. It is certainly not Underdog's fault if the grind is too fine.

If my teeny scissors weren't already sprung, I'd go ahead and try cutting my herb again, I think the Alpha stems (and the core) could handle it. But they don't work any more. Until I can lay hands on a coarser grinder, I compensate as best I can.

tom battleboar

Hi if you want to ban me for saying all vaporizers are lame asf. Compared to this you can use a sc3+ in your car it heats up quick compared to the alpha and sc3. This thing is like a steam engine horn bro.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
That is sad asf coming to this website & you have nothing to talk about what a sad life. Lol this is the only popular forum topic currently. I think my 18 or so vaporizer purchases will draw lot more attention to the other vaporizer topics. I hope the fake Americans that will continue to support non American products enjoy the California illegal substances ban. Lol my dispo said the building causes cancer. 🤣
Bro what are you even talking about

tom battleboar

Hi I was in the moment this the most popular subject. Hi I just was in the moment when you don't own a Underdog vaporizer and you come into our forum thread. Then read how much fun we have with out Underdog vaporizer. I used to own a pax 3 and I own a firefly 2. I don't think those forums are as popular as this one. And the dispensary I was in has a sign saying this building causes cancer but cannabis doesn't.

Ripstar

Hi I was in the moment this the most popular subject. Hi I just was in the moment when you don't own a Underdog vaporizer and you come into our forum thread. Then read how much fun we have with out Underdog vaporizer. I used to own a pax 3 and I own a firefly 2. I don't think those forums are as popular as this one. And the dispensary I was in has a sign saying this building causes cancer but cannabis doesn't.
Hell yes. The Alpha is the top dog. Throw that pax to a buddy and know what they will miss out on... 😂

fifapleb

Hey there, proud owner of a new hickory alpha and I love it. Was completely blown away!! But my special thanks to the main dog for the ss stem. I love micro dosing and it fits so snug on the heater. It's exactly what I didn't know I needed :) and it also cools down so quickly!!

Just one question, how do I clean it? Not sure I can dip it in iso right? Once again thank you!!!

Atomic11

Not sure just yet.. a couple are so dirty and gunked with abv/residue that I'll have to strip, clean and rebuild them before I can rehome them. That actually takes me more time and labor than just building a new one from scratch so it's sort of a conflict of interest and a hard decision to make. :hmm:
I sent my unit back totally clean, brushed the heater off, torched the screens and iso washed the stems. I don’t really believe these accusations, if they are true it would be a tragedy as you were very accommodating to accept a return. I would never mail dirty stems or vapes. Thats bad practice.

I didn’t even have mine long enough to “gunk up” or build residue up in the heater at all, I don’t know how anyone else managed to do that in a week. Not to mention the fact the residue only builds up in the stem not the heater. I also know for a fact that the units that were returned were used no more extensively then mine.

You seem to imply that the customers who had trouble are inexperienced vapers who ruined their “flawlessly performing” units and now you have to go into the red to repair them. I have a picture of my unit during one of the last test sessions I did, I cropped the heater out so you can see how little “avb buildup” there is on the heater. Nothing I couldn’t brush away before returning. https://ibb.co/rZNj8p1

The claims on here that the people having trouble are just stupid and new to vaping is very frustrating, I have plenty of experience with logs and log-likes to know how to use and what to expect from a vape at this point. I was having a pretty crummy experience with my e43, and I loved my experience with my enano- I thought a heavy log would be more efficient, consistent, and reliable then my e43 as a desktop. so I decided to buy an alpha based on multiple users recommendation that it was the heaviest hitting, largest load accommodating log on the market.
The results I got (even after extensive fiddling and trial and error) didn’t match up to any of what I expected based on what I read online. I haven’t had to play with my enano or other vapes for longer then 5 minutes to get consistent results, I am not sure if maybe the underdogs are super technique heavy but I wasn’t under that impression, in fact I purchased it because I knew logs to be dead simple to use- and after toying so much with the e43- I didn’t want to have to play with another vape to get good results.

The vape itself seems to be having a bit of an identity crisis, some users claim its a flowerpot killer (why else would you be posting videos of it side by side with flowerpot videos?) while others are loading less then a dynavap cap and saying its a master extractor (both of which- in my experience I found it to have trouble with big loads and thorough extraction)

On the subject of avb, being told that pictures with inconsistent avb coloring and visible green in the picture are fully extracted https://ibb.co/rwnYB5Q is beyond frustrating- a user linked a picture of their alphas avb recently:

I see loads of unspent thc in that picture.

Here are some pictures of the avb my alpha was producing on day 4 ( I had put about a half ounce through it at this point during many hours of testing)

now heres an example of the kind of even consistent avb I was expecting https://ibb.co/PZLRK8Y

It feels weird to me folks (Including dave) are choosing to blame it all on user error even though a good portion of the people who bought units last drop all had a similar experience, are people seriously trying to imply all of our bud is bad, and that each one of us is managing to use them wrong? Thats seems highly unlikely.

I apologize for the lack of formatting in this post, as I don’t use fuck combustion much.

arb

Semi shaved ape

I sent my unit back totally clean, brushed the heater off, torched the screens and iso washed the stems. I don’t really believe these accusations, if they are true it would be a tragedy as you were very accommodating to accept a return. I would never mail dirty stems or vapes. Thats bad practice.
U
I didn’t even have mine long enough to “gunk up” or build residue up in the heater at all, I don’t know how anyone else managed to do that in a week. Not to mention the fact the residue only builds up in the stem not the heater. I also know for a fact that the units that were returned were used no more extensively then mine.

You seem to imply that the customers who had trouble are inexperienced vapers who ruined their “flawlessly performing” units and now you have to go into the red to repair them. I have a picture of my unit during one of the last test sessions I did, I cropped the heater out so you can see how little “avb buildup” there is on the heater. Nothing I couldn’t brush away before returning. https://ibb.co/rZNj8p1

The claims on here that the people having trouble are just stupid and new to vaping is very frustrating, I have plenty of experience with logs and log-likes to know how to use and what to expect from a vape at this point. I was having a pretty crummy experience with my e43, and I loved my experience with my enano- I thought a heavy log would be more efficient, consistent, and reliable then my e43 as a desktop. so I decided to buy an alpha based on multiple users recommendation that it was the heaviest hitting, largest load accommodating log on the market.
The results I got (even after extensive fiddling and trial and error) didn’t match up to any of what I expected based on what I read online. I haven’t had to play with my enano or other vapes for longer then 5 minutes to get consistent results, I am not sure if maybe the underdogs are super technique heavy but I wasn’t under that impression, in fact I purchased it because I knew logs to be dead simple to use- and after toying so much with the e43- I didn’t want to have to play with another vape to get good results.

The vape itself seems to be having a bit of an identity crisis, some users claim its a flowerpot killer (why else would you be posting videos of it side by side with flowerpot videos?) while others are loading less then a dynavap cap and saying its a master extractor (both of which- in my experience I found it to have trouble with big loads and thorough extraction)

On the subject of avb, being told that pictures with inconsistent avb coloring and visible green in the picture are fully extracted https://ibb.co/rwnYB5Q is beyond frustrating- a user linked a picture of their alphas avb recently:

I see loads of unspent thc in that picture.

Here are some pictures of the avb my alpha was producing on day 4 ( I had put about a half ounce through it at this point during many hours of testing)

now heres an example of the kind of even consistent avb I was expecting https://ibb.co/PZLRK8Y

It feels weird to me folks (Including dave) are choosing to blame it all on user error even though a good portion of the people who bought units last drop all had a similar experience, are people seriously trying to imply all of our bud is bad, and that each one of us is managing to use them wrong? Thats seems highly unlikely.

I apologize for the lack of formatting in this post, as I don’t use fuck combustion much.
I missed where you were singled out or anyone even mentioned or knew you were involved.
The fact is if the unit is working correctly you were the problem.
👍

CurryLeafTreehugger

@Atomic11 - I fail to see how posting mutliple pictures of improperly toasted ABV proves that the Alpha wasn't working. It is pretty good evidence that you weren't doing it right.

What it does prove, in conjunction with your admission that you put "a half ounce of weed" through it in less than 4 days, is you had NO IDEA what you were doing. It takes me 6 to 8 months to put that much weed "through" an Underdog Log Vape, LOL! Half an ounce through an Underdog ALPHA? In less than a week?

Even people who are NOT the fan of microdosing I am do not use that much weed.

You know if you had just posted "Well I certainly sent MINE back clean! That's AWFUL!" it would have been one thing.

Instead you come on here and tell us we're all liars, and especially UD is a liar.

I don't remember your posts in particular but there were at least a couple of people on here in the recent past who clearly only wanted to stir up trouble. I don't know if any of the past posts to which I refer belong to you and frankly I do not in the least bit care. But THIS one is insupportable.

UD has been making log vapes for years. If there were 4 unsatisfied customers in the last drop that is the first four I've heard of.

Even *I* can get massive clouds out of any of my UDs, starting from the Econodog. You could have, too, had you taken advice and actually put it into practice.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The vape itself seems to be having a bit of an identity crisis, some users claim its a flowerpot killer (why else would you be posting videos of it side by side with flowerpot videos?) while others are loading less then a dynavap cap and saying its a master extractor

The biggest identity crisis I see is a bunch of people who wouldn't even buy a flowerpot, under the guise that it's "too dangerous;" while complaining that other vapes aren't as good as one they've never even used.

I don't see how anyone experienced with vaping couldn't know that the entire premise of a "flowerpot killer" is completely subjective. I mean, two weeks ago a guy on this forum said his Solo 2 hits harder than his Flowerpot lol.

arb

Semi shaved ape
The biggest identity crisis I see is a bunch of people who wouldn't even buy a flowerpot, under the guise that it's "too dangerous;" while complaining that other vapes aren't as good as one they've never even used.

I don't see how anyone experienced with vaping couldn't know that the entire premise of a "flowerpot killer" is completely subjective. I mean, two weeks ago a guy on this forum said his Solo 2 hits harder than his Flowerpot lol.
You were obviously rigging that side by side video..........😆

CurryLeafTreehugger

Honestly I cant wait to add an alpha to my collection...

I heard its a flowerpot/dynavap/volcano/E43/Solo II/Fury Edge/Tinymight/COVID19/Ditanium/StickyBrick killer

🤣

Don't forget Firefly and Plenty. Sure killed mine.

Actually I'm pretty sure the Firefly killed itself, and the Plenty? I'm willing to allow as to how I just couldn't GET it to work, but that is sort of the point - I could not get it to work for me.

This is where someone like Vitolo is so important. Someone who knows how ALL the vapes work, and will work with you to find one that works best for YOU. And training people how to use them PROPERLY. (Please Support Vitolo)

As opposed to hard core stoners who won't stop vaping long enough to learn how to actually use their new device.

AWistfulNihilist

Guys, I've been watching this thread.

The absolute insane level of apologetics, this is something else, I don't typically see stuff like this outside of a religious context!

People had bad experiences with this vape, multiple people had the SAME bad experience with this vape, multiple users of other logs... This honestly reads like a stockholm syndrome and not a vape release. Also the fact that the manufacturer, rather than taking feedback on their device, would instead come in and issue a blanket statement that users who returned were definitely misusing their device... OR had basically destroyed it with their poor use!

Then you have other users jump on the bandwagon and say things about someone elses' weed consumption on a cannabis vape hardware forum, I can see the small amounts in the pictures above...

But I have to say, as an outsider looking in, this looks really bad. And it doesn't look bad for the people who have well documented concerns regarding the vapes performance. It looks bad for the maker and the you all. Again, outsider looking in, but this is nuts.

Atomic11

@Atomic11 - I fail to see how posting mutliple pictures of improperly toasted ABV proves that the Alpha wasn't working. It is pretty good evidence that you weren't doing it right.

What it does prove, in conjunction with your admission that you put "a half ounce of weed" through it in less than 4 days, is you had NO IDEA what you were doing. It takes me 6 to 8 months to put that much weed "through" an Underdog Log Vape, LOL! Half an ounce through an Underdog ALPHA? In less than a week?

Even people who are NOT the fan of microdosing I am do not use that much weed.

You know if you had just posted "Well I certainly sent MINE back clean! That's AWFUL!" it would have been one thing.

Instead you come on here and tell us we're all liars, and especially UD is a liar.

I don't remember your posts in particular but there were at least a couple of people on here in the recent past who clearly only wanted to stir up trouble. I don't know if any of the past posts to which I refer belong to you and frankly I do not in the least bit care. But THIS one is insupportable.

UD has been making log vapes for years. If there were 4 unsatisfied customers in the last drop that is the first four I've heard of.

Even *I* can get massive clouds out of any of my UDs, starting from the Econodog. You could have, too, had you taken advice and actually put it into practice.
Clearly you can’t comprehend some people have different usage habits then you, also some people like to fully vape their pricey flower.

I am not here to “stir up trouble” rather I am responding to the absolute slanderous allegations that any of the returned units were so dirty and gunked up they had to be rebuilt, I know for a fact that the customers who purchased those 5 units would never send anything dirty through the mail. I never called anyone a liar, but I did say I find it very hard to believe- even you found it hard to believe initially:
Besides which I am on my fourth and fifth UDs and not a single one of them was ever dirty. Stems get dirty. How the hell do you get the VAPE dirty?
especially in under a week..

Its my birthday today, so thats going to be it from me. Time to chill.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Guys, I've been watching this thread.

The absolute insane level of apologetics, this is something else, I don't typically see stuff like this outside of a religious context!

People had bad experiences with this vape, multiple people had the SAME bad experience with this vape, multiple users of other logs... This honestly reads like a stockholm syndrome and not a vape release. Also the fact that the manufacturer, rather than taking feedback on their device, would instead come in and issue a blanket statement that users who returned were definitely misusing their device... OR had basically destroyed it with their poor use!

Then you have other users jump on the bandwagon and say things about someone elses' weed consumption on a cannabis vape hardware forum, I can see the small amounts in the pictures above...

But I have to say, as an outsider looking in, this looks really bad. And it doesn't look bad for the people who have well documented concerns regarding the vapes performance. It looks bad for the maker and the you all. Again, outsider looking in, but this is nuts.
It is very hostile in this thread when someone has an issue vs the other vape threads

CurryLeafTreehugger

It is very hostile in this thread when someone has an issue vs the other vape threads

The only hostility expressed here has been from just a couple of angry vape users who absolutely REFUSED to take any help or advice for how to get the most out of their devices.

The manufacturer IMMEDIATELY offered full refunds regardless. He took back 4 devices. Two of these were so filthy that he doesn't think it is worth it to clean them up for resale. Yet somehow he's a liar, and we're all brainwashed.

I posted multiple times, as did others, with advice in an attempt to HELP. Most, if not all, of the offered help, regardless of the source, was either actively sneered at or just plain ignored.

I don't care how long you've been a pothead, that doesn't mean that you know everything there is to know about using a log vape. When advice offered in a true feeling of fellowship in order to help is spat on and ignored, what are we to do?

So 4 people out of thousands and thousands wouldn't take advice and learn to properly use their devices, but now this is a hostile environment. (The others ALL accepted help and figured it out)

Stop watching this thread, stop coming here and telling us we are all lying idiots, and I guarantee you, that is the last of the hostility on here. Those people bring it with them, vomit it all over the rest of us, and then walk away until the next time they decide to needlessly vent their spleen, just because they can.

They got their money back. And all the devices were tested and do work properly. So all four of them were too impatient or too high to bother to learn to use the device properly, they just demand that it work exactly like whatever they are already used to. They are looking for something that works just like what they are accustomed to but works way better. Unrealistic expectations.

My Firefly should have been replaced under warranty but was not because FF was actively avoiding contact. I could not get hold of them to get the return authorization. And I don't know if the Plenty was broken or if I just couldn't get it to work. In neither case was I offered my money back, and when I tried to return the Plenty to the store where I bought it they just flat out refused to take it back, nor would they show me what I was doing wrong. Nope. I was shit out of luck with not one, but TWO devices.

THEY GOT THEIR MONEY BACK, no questions asked. The only reason to come back on here and call us all lying idiots is to troll.

BTW - that snotty reference to my comment about a half ounce of weed in 4 days - you totally miss the point. The point is that NO ONE has to put that much weed through a log vape. They are extremely thrifty devices. Throwing more weed at the vape doesn't make it better. It is evidence of user error.

I could not care less how much weed anyone consumes. I think it ought to be not only totally legal for purchase, but to grow your own without licensure or permit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom