Underdog Log Vapes

CurryLeafTreehugger

I might be attempting to make some wood ones in the near future depending on time. I will let you know if I do!

Actually that is EXACTLY what I was thinking of, LOL! I keep thinking I'll get a few of the little things when I get the basket press, but ...

Every ...

Single ...

DangTime

that I have the money, it is OUT OF STOCK. And what does it say today?

STILL OUT OF STOCK. AGAIN.

😾

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
About the PUCC Grinder: This is the page I found

View attachment 6572

It looks like a less capable, cheaply made version of the Brilliant Cut Grinder except it only has ONE grind level instead of 3, it uses inferior metal, and comes in way fewer colors with no option for mix 'n match.

OH and also it is teensy, like 2". I think the BCG LARGE is the smallest grinder I would ever bother with. I do not understand why they make them so freakin' small ...
I've got both a BCG & Pucc. The BCG is definitely nicer, but at the $35 price that PIU was selling the Pucc for last week...I don't think you could find a better grinder for only $35.

CurryLeafTreehugger

I've got both a BCG & Pucc. The BCG is definitely nicer, but at the $35 price that PIU was selling the Pucc for last week...I don't think you could find a better grinder for only $35.

It's $50 on that website. That's kind of high, I thought, for what it is, but it is cute at least.

I mean the BCG (LARGE SIZE ONLY) is really expensive but at least it gives me yots an yots of choices for grind size AND colors! (Really only grind size matters)

My SC2 used to clog up because the grind was too fine out of that Golden Gate Grinder. It's still to fine for the Alpha but at least it doesn't pack the way it did in the SC2.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

Had a rough evening and morning and was just about to head in to work when I got a notification that my package was in my community mailbox! Well now I don't want to go to work! All I'll say at the moment is, holy crap this amboyna burl is gorgeous and @underdog and @underdogette really went above and beyond on my order! Seriously, WOW, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Also as I was opening all my goodies I had a jaw drop moment when I assumed the glass direct draw stem I was opening was in a protective case (it was already very well padded when shipped) but I discovered the stem is just friggin huge! I've seen the pictures posted earlier that show a comparison of stems but having it in hand, these things are monsters! I feel like a giant holding it to be honest :lol: . If I'm able to one hit loads that first hit of the day is going to destroy me even if they're packed shallow :D. Testing is going to be ridiculous these next few days or weeks.

I plugged mine in and set the voltage to 11.0V for now so it's nice and heated soaked when I get home in 5-6 hours. One quick question I have for others owners is, does the VVPS voltage drop as it heats up? I don't remember that being mentioned but I notice it on my VapBong and the VVPS's look similiar so I thought I'd ask. I thought the voltage dropped 0.2V after I plugged it in but I may have imagined that.

I'm so glad to finally be part of the pack 🐶:leaf:.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Had a rough evening and morning and was just about to head in to work when I got a notification that my package was in my community mailbox! Well now I don't want to go to work! All I'll say at the moment is, holy crap this amboyna burl is gorgeous and @underdog and @underdogette really went above and beyond on my order! Seriously, WOW, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Also as I was opening all my goodies I had a jaw drop moment when I assumed the glass direct draw stem I was opening was in a protective case (it was already very well padded when shipped) but I discovered the stem is just friggin huge! I've seen the pictures posted earlier that show a comparison of stems but having it in hand, these things are monsters! I feel like a giant holding it to be honest :lol: . If I'm able to one hit loads that first hit of the day is going to destroy me even if they're packed shallow :D. Testing is going to be ridiculous these next few days or weeks.

I plugged mine in and set the voltage to 11.0V for now so it's nice and heated soaked when I get home in 5-6 hours. One quick question I have for others owners is, does the VVPS voltage drop as it heats up? I don't remember that being mentioned but I notice it on my VapBong and the VVPS's look similiar so I thought I'd ask. I thought the voltage dropped 0.2V after I plugged it in but I may have imagined that.

First.............finally!
Hard to beat getting a package from Underdog.
Usually stays the same but one Vvps seems to drop a couple points then when bumped back it stays also.
Use a piece through water to really get a feel for the power they have.
😁

GraniteState420

I've got both a BCG & Pucc. The BCG is definitely nicer, but at the $35 price that PIU was selling the Pucc for last week...I don't think you could find a better grinder for only $3

Congrats and enjoy!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

Glad to have you on board! You have one of my favorites for sure

I dont have an alpha (yet...) but my SC3 standard stays pretty steady. It might drop .1 or .2 casually over the course of the day I think but not nearly as noticeable as the vapbongs for example that seem to drop a good .5 before settling in.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer

Wooo! Welcome aboard dude! :cheers:

These inexpensive (vs lab models) power supplies will sometimes sag a fraction of a volt when the vape is connected or as they warm up.. not uncommon or a cause for concern and is just a reflection of the mostly-good-enough components that the factories choose to use. If one of those components fail you'll see a large drop or steady ongoing sag and that's a sign it should be replaced.. fortunately we only see that in a few units per shipment of 500+ pcs. :2c::peace:

CurryLeafTreehugger

When first powered on, my UD VVPS fluctuated in a general downward trend until it stabilized, seemingly fairly rock solid (who knows how accurate that display is though, but at least somewhat stable). Then I turned it up, it dithered for just a few minutes and pretty much after that stays where I set it.

Ya need a teensy scooper, dude, I have managed to microdose with the alpha stem a time or two but the urge to fill it like I used to fill my smaller stems is hard to overcome, LOL!

arb

Semi shaved ape
When first powered on, my UD VVPS fluctuated in a general downward trend until it stabilized, seemingly fairly rock solid (who knows how accurate that display is though, but at least somewhat stable). Then I turned it up, it dithered for just a few minutes and pretty much after that stays where I set it.

Ya need a teensy scooper, dude, I have managed to microdose with the alpha stem a time or two but the urge to fill it like I used to fill my smaller stems is hard to overcome, LOL!
The stems are made for filling........within reason of course.
😁

tom battleboar

I got two Underdog VVPS one can do max 12.5v & other 12.4v, but they all heat soak decreasing in voltage. I don't do max 12.5v on sc3+ or alpha just sc3. Why use scoop just suck your semi dry material up. Tastes great if not just make a mini funnel out of chapstick container or funnel type paper rolled around. When times are rough I just cup the loading tube then just pour it in.

CurryLeafTreehugger

I got two Underdog VVPS one can do max 12.5v & other 12.4v, but they all heat soak decreasing in voltage. I don't do max 12.5v on sc3+ or alpha just sc3. Why use scoop just suck your semi dry material up. Tastes great if not just make a mini funnel out of chapstick container or funnel type paper rolled around. When times are rough I just cup the loading tube then just pour it in.

Because my grinder grinds way too fine and the stuff comes right through the screen. Now that I'm at the bottom of my last bit of ground stuff, it comes through the screen on the draw. It's basically all fines now. When there were still larger pieces, it helped them to sort of stick together and stay on the right side of the screen, but it is ALL fines now. They don't stick together as well as when there are larger pieces in the way to sort of "grab" the fines.

I have speckles of marijuana fines stuck in the resin all along the length of my stem now, where it was still pretty clear just a couple days ago. I think the marijuana pieces make more resin stick to them which makes more resin stick etc etc.

And not all of it sticks to the inside of the stem. Some of it makes its way down my airway. Sort of ruins the advantages of vaping when you're inhaling actual herb. I have to tent my tongue to catch as much of it as possible.

I really really really REALLY need a coarser grinder.

Not all of us are after the fastest biggest hardest hitting high, either. I'm a lightweight and I would very much prefer to stay that way. It's way cheaper. So yes, I want a teensy scooper so I CAN microdose when that is what I intend. It makes it easier for me.

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: arb

tom battleboar

Hi why you tripping about using a log vaporizer with issues of inhaling cannabis herb. Well better than combustion and inhaling benzene. But it's your grips if not bro use the fine mesh screen including the semi corse ones. Have 2 screens if you hate preticulate matter. Which Underdog has two kinds of screens it seems one very fine textured egg shape type mesh screen another just corse textured just a c cup type.

tom battleboar,

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dogs quick update on last weeks saga with a handful of new users who couldn't get results out of their Alphas... :popcorn:

We have five total Alphas coming back and have already received four of those, the final one should be here next week.

I've tested the four extensively since they came back and in each case the vape and the power supply that shipped with it performed flawlessly and produced the face melting clouds that people love about the Alpha core. This was without tweaking anything and just following the basic instructions included with the vapes. :peace::2c:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Heya Dogs quick update on last weeks saga with a handful of new users who couldn't get results out of their Alphas... :popcorn:

We have five total Alphas coming back and have already received four of those, the final one should be here next week.

I've tested the four extensively since they came back and in each case the vape and the power supply that shipped with it performed flawlessly and produced the face melting clouds that people love about the Alpha core. This was without tweaking anything and just following the basic instructions included with the vapes. :peace::2c:
When they going back up?
I also sent you a email to waste more of your time.
😁

underdog

Manufacturer
When they going back up?

Not sure just yet.. a couple are so dirty and gunked with abv/residue that I'll have to strip, clean and rebuild them before I can rehome them. That actually takes me more time and labor than just building a new one from scratch so it's sort of a conflict of interest and a hard decision to make. :hmm:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Not sure just yet.. a couple are so dirty and gunked with abv/residue that I'll have to strip, clean and rebuild them before I can rehome them. That actually takes me more time and labor than just building a new one from scratch so it's sort of a conflict of interest and a hard decision to make. :hmm:
That must be very frustrating for you especially on working units,my deepest condolences.
😞

Top Bottom