Underdog Log Vapes

NickDlow

Log Hog
14vpimu.jpg

Here ya go! ;)
:drool: Oh my...

damm

Hey Dogs, I don't know if Underdogette has mentioned it but as usual when I was organizing the shop I found some goodies that I'd forgotten about.
We also have a bunch more wooden stems up on the site: Premium Wood Stems and Premium Lacewood Stems as well.
Hope you enjoy it dude!

Just got my Lacewood Stem it's very beautiful. As always you hit it out of the park.

Thanks!

sixstringsmash

So I apologize if this has been talked about a hundred times already but I am really digging the vvps I got for my UD a few weeks ago. I really only use it in the function of a dimmer but having that voltage readout helps so much with knowing where the temperatures at. So I was going to ask all you VVPSers, what's your favorite voltage to vape dry herbs at? I've been on the low spectrum of about 10.5 volts and have been loving the results. My bud is still getting quite thoroughly vaped with no more accidental combustion when using NonGs.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
So I apologize if this has been talked about a hundred times already but I am really digging the vvps I got for my UD a few weeks ago. I really only use it in the function of a dimmer but having that voltage readout helps so much with knowing where the temperatures at. So I was going to ask all you VVPSers, what's your favorite voltage to vape dry herbs at? I've been on the low spectrum of about 10.5 volts and have been loving the results. My bud is still getting quite thoroughly vaped with no more accidental combustion when using NonGs.

I like lower voltages/temps like that (10.5v) for a nice mellow session without the couch lock so yeah 10.4v to 10.8v is my daytime go-to. :tup:

Gigsabits53

Can I ask what vvps you have and where you bought it?

Gigsabits53,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I've found that my sweet spot varies slightly from pup to pup. My Squaredog's sweet spot is 10.5 -10.8 volts and the upper end gets the AVB fairly browned. It also depends on which stem you're using. I use a Voltage Keeper vvps.

shredder

I'm all over the place in voltage settings. I have 3 dogs and they all run different as far as temps.

Plus I use two water pipes and a have dozen different style stems, with up to 10 varieties of herbs.

So I appreciate underdog's vvps as well. I'm always fine tuning.

sixstringsmash

Can I ask what vvps you have and where you bought it?

I just bought the one that was recommended from the UD website. If you go onto their website and go onto the VVPS information page they'll have a link to purchase it under the lab-style VVPS section from Amazon. You'll also need to purchase the lab style VVPS cable from the UD website directly to get it working.

Gigsabits53

I just bought the one that was recommended from the UD website. If you go onto their website and go onto the VVPS information page they'll have a link to purchase it under the lab-style VVPS section from Amazon. You'll also need to purchase the lab style VVPS cable from the UD website directly to get it working.
Thank you! Appreciate it.

Hitomi

Hey everyone! :)

I learned about underog a few years back in 2012. I have had two UDs over the years, but I passed them on to friends. Now I am planning to get a new UD tomorrow, but so much has changed my head in spinning! There are too many options now, and I can't decide lol. I have been reading on the site, but I have a few questions:

For attaching the vape to the bong, which stem is best if you get a standard core? I am planning on the NonG, but I am unsure. Thanks for any help. I know this thread has a lot going on already. Nice see it is still going strong after the years.

I still don't understand the difference between air and standard core.

FreddieFresh

Hey everyone! :)

I learned about underog a few years back in 2012. I have had two UDs over the years, but I passed them on to friends. Now I am planning to get a new UD tomorrow, but so much has changed my head in spinning! There are too many options now, and I can't decide lol. I have been reading on the site, but I have a few questions:

For attaching the vape to the bong, which stem is best if you get a standard core? I am planning on the NonG, but I am unsure. Thanks for any help. I know this thread has a lot going on already. Nice see it is still going strong after the years.

I still don't understand the difference between air and standard core.
The Nong is a good unbreakable option to have. They're best for concentrates or ultra micro doses. If you plan on using it with herb I would suggest getting a dimmer though.

The main difference between the standard and air core is heat up time and heat retention. The standard will take a bit longer to heat up, but it will also hold the heat better through successive draws

Hitomi

The Nong is a good unbreakable option to have. They're best for concentrates or ultra micro doses. If you plan on using it with herb I would suggest getting a dimmer though.

The main difference between the standard and air core is heat up time and heat retention. The standard will take a bit longer to heat up, but it will also hold the heat better through successive draws
Thank you for that explanation. I have decided on a standard core, with 2 nylon stems, 1 nong 14mm, a glass direct draw, and 1 over sized stainless steel stem! I'm so excited to try the new cores. I hope I get one that runs hot.

Is UDFS the active coupon code from this forumn? I know there was one the last time I ordered. I'm just wondering.

FreddieFresh

Thank you for that explanation. I have decided on a standard core, with 2 nylon stems, 1 nong 14mm, a glass direct draw, and 1 over sized stainless steel stem! I'm so excited to try the new cores. I hope I get one that runs hot.

Is UDFS the active coupon code from this forumn? I know there was one the last time I ordered. I'm just wondering.
I'm not sure about a coupon code. There's free shipping to fc members, or anyone in the US. PM or email @underdogette and she'll take care of you :tup:

underdog

Manufacturer

Looks like everyone beat me to it and answered your questions before I got here.. well done team. :tup:

If you want one that runs hot mention that to Underdogette (ie, in the comments on your order) and she'll try and accommodate that. There are also varying levels of 'hot' from probably being ok with just being run on the wall-wart to definitely needing a dimmer to tame it so you might consider what level you want too and make mention of that (and buy a dimmer if you choose that level). :2c::science:

Hitomi

Looks like everyone beat me to it and answered your questions before I got here.. well done team. :tup:

If you want one that runs hot mention that to Underdogette (ie, in the comments on your order) and she'll try and accommodate that. There are also varying levels of 'hot' from probably being ok with just being run on the wall-wart to definitely needing a dimmer to tame it so you might consider what level you want too and make mention of that (and buy a dimmer if you choose that level). :2c::science:
Awesome,

Thank you Dave for the information. Hopefully the design I choose has the higher temp core. I will also get the dimmer if that's the case. I have my eyes narrowed between three of the already made vapes. I am going to make the order early tomorrow morning, and so hopefully Amanda will give feedback on the temps then. The new stems are really cool. I used to have a silicone stem previously, and so I'm looking forward to the upgrades. These vapes are definitely my favorite of all time. It brings back good memories. :)

underdog

Manufacturer
Awesome,

Thank you Dave for the information. Hopefully the design I choose has the higher temp core. I will also get the dimmer if that's the case. I have my eyes narrowed between three of the already made vapes. I am going to make the order early tomorrow morning, and so hopefully Amanda will give feedback on the temps then. The new stems are really cool. I used to have a silicone stem previously, and so I'm looking forward to the upgrades. These vapes are definitely my favorite of all time. It brings back good memories. :)

My pleasure, that's what we're here for! :cheers:

I'm sure Underdogette will get you all squared away and we'll get your new Pup headed your way soon. We've definitely made a lot of upgrades in recent years and I'm sure you'll enjoy them. :brow:

I'll get some close ups later, but pics really can't show all the color and character of the wood :mmmm:

Dave hit it out of the park, as usual! Time to break this bad boy in :smug:

Nice pic of the kit! :tup:

damm

So the weather in the Pacific NW has been a bit insane (wind, rain); got the LED Dimmer the other day sitting back watching the voltage go from 6.5 to 10.5 (it was set to 10.5) happened over 5 minutes... it's happened again once or twice ..

I don't think it damaged the heater but it was running a bit cooler for awhile; is that assumption correct or should I get a UPS with Power conditioning to run my Underdog on?

damm,
Reactions: ZC
Top Bottom