Underdog Log Vapes

formicae

I've got a 14mm oversize on its way to me (with a walnut dog to keep it company), but with a four-day week (no mail on Good Friday in Canada) it'll take a minor miracle for me to get it before the weekend. Can't wait to join you guys for some testing.

Heya Dogs, ugh Monday. I think I 'weekended' too hard so I'm moving slow today.. hope you're all doing better than I am lol.

Monday was a real grind here too; didn't weekend too hard, but I think some pork-and-napa dumplings I made for dinner last night did a number on me, stomach was awfully tender this morning.

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
A little FYI regarding the new Proto-Oversized Nylon and NonG Stems:

Sometime last year, we began laser cutting our stem tips and our vape center heat port tubes. Underdog thought we had started doing this 2 years ago, but it's only been in the last year.

Before we started laser cutting the parts, we cut them manually on a lathe. Cutting them on the lathe distorts the tube just a little bit.

All of the proto-stem tips have been manually cut on the lathe. When the vape's tube and the stem tip have both been cut on the lathe, there's enough distortion between the two, that they won't fit together. This is why Underdog asked for vapes that were 2 years or newer, but really, he should have asked for 1 year or newer.

So, some of our testers are finding that the proto-stems don't fit their older vapes.

Once we get positive feedback on these and decide to make them a regular offering, we'll laser cut these ones too. This means that they should be able to fit even on older vapes.

If any of our testers find that theirs are too tight, please contact me. :)

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
http://vapesterdam.com/review/underdog-vaporizer-review/

Wow.... what a..... tool.

Love this bit at the corner:

"Our reviews are not influenced by manufacturers. We vote down poor quality vaporizers on a regular basis. Your support by buying through our links keeps us afloat as we are indirectly compensated
smilie-face.jpg
"

formicae

Does he even have an Underdog? This reads like one of those reviews from an 'aggregator' that collects and paraphrases content found elsewhere. The images aren't his (the cutaway shot is a friggin' Purple Days, for Pete's sake), he says things that make no sense like 'waiting for it to charge,' references battery life and attracting attention (is anyone using their UD at Starbucks?).

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I'm the guy with the Direct Draw :brow: I've been chipping away at this over the night

A few notes for perspective and all that.

- the Oversized Nylon bushing is a smidge smaller than the glass direct draw. Exactly one smidge, barely but definitely

- the size in terms of depth is basically a cm deep. Looks easily adjustable if I wanted to push screen down or up. (Seems standard basket and not crimped) For reference and not sure if my glass stem came like this or I pushed it down but my screen sits a little further down than on the Nylon. Maybe 1.5 cm.

- if anyone has experience with Ed's Wood Stems for Underdog, in the "oversized" version, they are nearly identical to the end on the oversized Nylon, about same diameter (they can sit flush against one another)

I was gonna do a video with one glass and the oversized Nylon but that is too much editing lol. If you guys want a glass to compare I can do it, just needs to be separate video. I didn't want to run back to back to account for dog needing to reheat between hits a bit. I figured whatever stem I did second would be more tasteful since it would be at a lower temp from the first stem.

So, just my opinion so far, I like it a lot :) it's very nice and as someone who does DD often it really hits the spot! It's a bit harsher IMO than glass but it extracts a bit faster too, again IMO. I don't have to stir as much and I always stir my glass ones, which I think adds to that point of quicker extraction too.

Here's my 2nd bowl, the first one was great as I said but my dog was soooo dull looking I had to clean him up a bit for the video :)

So apparently my iPhone decided to download an update, fair I am running 7.0 or something lol but it ate all my memory so I got the stem to my lips started inhaling and boom out of space. I'm really sacrificing myself for science here :lol: I stirred bowl 2 but even more extraction destroyed it in 2 hits. Yum :)

Here is bowl 3 this one put me to sleep

I was running it at 12 v.

My stem fits good on September 2015 dog and seems to fit on my dec 2014 dog, doesn't fit on one 2015 air core, does fit on another.

Thanks for the opportunity to test @underdog & @underdogette :)

Hope I covered everything...lol

@seaofgreens those guys are straight hacks. To be fair they seem to rate everything low but they clearly haven't a clue what they are talking about and/or are bought out. The Utilian 720 or whatever (Weeke Fenix rebrand) is at 90%, higher than the air and Mighty and only a smidge more impressive than the very /s impressive Zeus Smite (another rebrand)

Last edited:

FreddieFresh

I've been testing the 14mm NonG this morning. It's not even 2 o'clock and I'm ready for a nap :ko: :zzz:

Here's a video of 0.05 loaded up and 10.5v on the UD, as well as a picture with the Ti taper for comparison.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSwNnOfjFy_/

Nice even extraction. I've been surprised at the flavor and lack of charring at higher voltages.

One of my only complaints with the TonG is the restriction compared to the GonG. The GonG however is harsher and needs stirring imo. With its wider diameter and the similar thermally conductive properties of SS and Ti, the OS NonG provides the best of both worlds :clap:

Still much more testing to do, but I love it so far :science:

Thanks @underdog and @underdogette!!!

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Heya Dogs, good morning out there.. lets all get our Tuesday on. We're still plugging away ramping up for the 420 sale kickoff, building up some inventory so you guys don't have to wait around for us after putting orders in. :rockon:

http://vapesterdam.com/review/underdog-vaporizer-review/

Wow.... what a..... tool.

Love this bit at the corner:

"Our reviews are not influenced by manufacturers. We vote down poor quality vaporizers on a regular basis. Your support by buying through our links keeps us afloat as we are indirectly compensated
smilie-face.jpg
"

Sigh! Reviews from people/places that only really value cheap Chinese vapes and/or portables are one of the banes of my existence, thanks for the heads up. I'm pretty sure it's an actual 'review' (if a poorly done one) from a user who bought a really low budget Dog a week or two back.. so injury to insult not at all indicative of most UDs. They could have at least taken their own pictures instead of stealing ours off the web and using them without our permission.

I hope some of you Underdogs take the time to comment on that review and/or their website and let them know that some/many/most of their comments are way off base? Clearly they have little to no experience (or appreciation) for Log Vapes in general, Underdogs included.

Does he even have an Underdog? This reads like one of those reviews from an 'aggregator' that collects and paraphrases content found elsewhere. The images aren't his (the cutaway shot is a friggin' Purple Days, for Pete's sake), he says things that make no sense like 'waiting for it to charge,' references battery life and attracting attention (is anyone using their UD at Starbucks?).

Yeah it's pretty poorly done that's for sure. Pretty sure they have an UD (see my above comments) though they obviously don't care for or understand how to use it very well lol.

I'm the guy with the Direct Draw :brow: I've been chipping away at this over the night

A few notes for perspective and all that.

- the Oversized Nylon bushing is a smidge smaller than the glass direct draw. Exactly one smidge, barely but definitely

- the size in terms of depth is basically a cm deep. Looks easily adjustable if I wanted to push screen down or up. (Seems standard basket and not crimped) For reference and not sure if my glass stem came like this or I pushed it down but my screen sits a little further down than on the Nylon. Maybe 1.5 cm.

- if anyone has experience with Ed's Wood Stems for Underdog, in the "oversized" version, they are nearly identical to the end on the oversized Nylon, about same diameter (they can sit flush against one another)

I was gonna do a video with one glass and the oversized Nylon but that is too much editing lol. If you guys want a glass to compare I can do it, just needs to be separate video. I didn't want to run back to back to account for dog needing to reheat between hits a bit. I figured whatever stem I did second would be more tasteful since it would be at a lower temp from the first stem.

So, just my opinion so far, I like it a lot :) it's very nice and as someone who does DD often it really hits the spot! It's a bit harsher IMO than glass but it extracts a bit faster too, again IMO. I don't have to stir as much and I always stir my glass ones, which I think adds to that point of quicker extraction too.

Here's my 2nd bowl, the first one was great as I said but my dog was soooo dull looking I had to clean him up a bit for the video :)

So apparently my iPhone decided to download an update, fair I am running 7.0 or something lol but it ate all my memory so I got the stem to my lips started inhaling and boom out of space. I'm really sacrificing myself for science here :lol: I stirred bowl 2 but even more extraction destroyed it in 2 hits. Yum :)

Here is bowl 3 this one put me to sleep

I was running it at 12 v.

My stem fits good on September 2015 dog and seems to fit on my dec 2014 dog, doesn't fit on one 2015 air core, does fit on another.

Thanks for the opportunity to test @underdog & @underdogette :)

Hope I covered everything...lol

@seaofgreens those guys are straight hacks. To be fair they seem to rate everything low but they clearly haven't a clue what they are talking about and/or are bought out. The Utilian 720 or whatever (Weeke Fenix rebrand) is at 90%, higher than the air and Mighty and only a smidge more impressive than the very /s impressive Zeus Smite (another rebrand)

Thanks man! Nice write up and video! :clap:

I've been testing the 14mm NonG this morning. It's not even 2 o'clock and I'm ready for a nap :ko: :zzz:

Here's a video of 0.05 loaded up and 10.5v on the UD, as well as a picture with the Ti taper for comparison.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSwNnOfjFy_/

Nice even extraction. I've been surprised at the flavor and lack of charring at higher voltages.

One of my only complaints with the TonG is the restriction compared to the GonG. The GonG however is harsher and needs stirring imo. With its wider diameter and the similar thermally conductive properties of SS and Ti, the OS NonG provides the best of both worlds :clap:

Still much more testing to do, but I love it so far :science:

Thanks @underdog and @underdogette!!!

Nice work, thanks man! :tup:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@underdog I left a comment but unfortunately it seems to just get submitted right to the reviewer and doesn't appear on the website as I had hoped.

Guys gotta take his head out of his ass regardless.

Sweet reviews/thoughts @HellsWindStaff @FreddieFresh

The OS NonG is similar to the @Ed's TnT stem in that they both fit very snug over the port. All my dogs are newish, so they fit with just a bit of wigglin' - if that.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
"You know, I almost thought this would be a portable vaporizer but guess what! It’s not!"

=

"I did absolutely no research before buying this thing I'm pretending to know something about. I still really don't even know what it is, yet I've tried really hard to make you think I know a whole bunch about it."

underdog

Manufacturer
@underdog I left a comment but unfortunately it seems to just get submitted right to the reviewer and doesn't appear on the website as I had hoped.

Guys gotta take his head out of his ass regardless.

Sweet reviews/thoughts @HellsWindStaff @FreddieFresh

The OS NonG is similar to the @Ed's TnT stem in that they both fit very snug over the port. All my dogs are newish, so they fit with just a bit of wigglin' - if that.

Thanks man! I sent a message on their website and their facebook page and while I suspect they don't give a fuck every contact UDs make with them will help a little. I don't mind poor reviews, everyone has their opinion, etc but I do have a problem with misinformed reviewers posting BS and using our graphics out of context. The problem with all that is people who don't know better read those bogus reviews and then assume UD and other Logs are crap and never give us/them a chance. That has a direct impact on our livelihood and is not ok IMO. :rant::bang:

"You know, I almost thought this would be a portable vaporizer but guess what! It’s not!"

=

"I did absolutely no research before buying this thing I'm pretending to know something about. I still really don't even know what it is, yet I've tried really hard to make you think I know something about it."

Exactly! That shit is maddening!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
That's pretty much what I wrote.

Complaining about having to plug-in a plug-in unit???

For what it's worth, when I first got back into vaping in Oct... Log vapes were something I saw oft-recommended if you were looking for max efficiency... and here I am a few months later with my own little dog pound.

I dunno man, some people just won't get it. Like I said in the Milaana thread, vaping is just a meme to most people because they're too thick to see anything past their own nose.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I use my confounded Underdogs everyday !

They had a chat thing in the corner and I used it, I talked to Ali and asked him why the Underdog was dinged for being a plug in unit? That I didn't understand the criteria and why weren't other plug in units knocked for being plug in units in their con section.

Guy didn't have an answer and said he'd forward my comments to the office.

I also told him how most people would not consider Chinese rebrands top of the line and was curious about their review system - didn't get anywhere with that either.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Linked to the Vapesterdam review. That was some funny shit! It's a good thing that my pups are not easily portable! I have my Wild Gum and my Banksia Pod Micro warmed up this afternoon. Put about .03 into my Stone Burl SS stem. Pulled two nice hits out of the Wild Gum, then got a third out of the Micro (she runs nice and toasty). Along with a freshly uncorked bomber of Ithaca Beer Co. 19th Anniversary Belgian Wheat Ale aged in Chardonnay barrels. Let's just say I have no business being out in public at the moment.

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey everyone, I'm continuing my spring cleaning and still have a bunch of NOS (new old stock) of the classic buck/boost Blue Box VVPS to get rid of. These are the ones that adjust up or down from the input voltage (ie, buck/boost) and are left over from years back when ourselves, CentiZen and VoltageKeeper were all making similar products based on the same kinds of buck/boost boards.

Anyways I want to get rid of these since they're taking up too much of my limited space in the office and we've since gone a different direction for voltage adjustment.

$20 while they last.
5mzrwo.jpg

That's pretty much what I wrote.

Complaining about having to plug-in a plug-in unit???

For what it's worth, when I first got back into vaping in Oct... Log vapes were something I saw oft-recommended if you were looking for max efficiency... and here I am a few months later with my own little dog pound.

I dunno man, some people just won't get it. Like I said in the Milaana thread, vaping is just a meme to most people because they're too thick to see anything past their own nose.

You're absolutely right, so many people don't know about Logs and even if they find out about them they won't get it. Glad you yourself saw the light! :cool:

I use my confounded Underdogs everyday !

They had a chat thing in the corner and I used it, I talked to Ali and asked him why the Underdog was dinged for being a plug in unit? That I didn't understand the criteria and why weren't other plug in units knocked for being plug in units in their con section.

Guy didn't have an answer and said he'd forward my comments to the office.

I also told him how most people would not consider Chinese rebrands top of the line and was curious about their review system - didn't get anywhere with that either.

Hah.. me too.. damn confounded UDs.

Thanks for sending them a message, if nothing else we need them to take my picture of the burned out PD off of there since almost everyone who doesn't have a good knowledge of Logs will assume that is an Underdog and that's not good marketing. The whole point of that picture (which they cropped the text off of BTW) was to illustrate why our design was better than the classic ones and had much, much more heat protection between the core and wooden body.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Linked to the Vapesterdam review. That was some funny shit! It's a good thing that my pups are not easily portable! I have my Wild Gum and my Banksia Pod Micro warmed up this afternoon. Put about .03 into my Stone Burl SS stem. Pulled two nice hits out of the Wild Gum, then got a third out of the Micro (she runs nice and toasty). Along with a freshly uncorked bomber of Ithaca Beer Co. 19th Anniversary Belgian Wheat Ale aged in Chardonnay barrels. Let's just say I have no business being out in public at the moment.

Thanks for the laugh dude :cheers:

You're not keen to head to starbucks and plug up your dogs (OMG what a shame you have to plug them in!!!!11) and take a few tasty puffs while sipping a vanilla caramel double espresso soy decaf machiatto? I mean really that point he made really hit home over here, at least.

Anyhow enough :horse:

formicae

ea024c725fd4023fe8f327b6d5e9bd13_download-meme-zach-galifianakis-math_556-242.gif

Great writeup, weather channel's gonna issue a fog advisory, that vapour is no joke.

You're not keen to head to starbucks and plug up your dogs

Ugh, has anyone got an Underdog charjerrrrr? Mine's in my other bag. :rolleyes:

Nuttmare

HA! That's the site that convinced me to order a arizer air. Funny thing is while researching the glass for them I found out about log stems,vapes and UD...never ordered the arizer.

I think I know what they did. Most likely "charged" it for 15 mins unplugged it and started testing lol.

One way to look at it is IF they did that and you still scored a 56 that's saying alot.

Prolusio

That's so weird I just stumbled across this website today moments before seeing this post. What a hack of a review! I do not expect everyone to like every vape that I love; so I could see if someone didn't like the UD despite me using it almost daily since I've acquired it. But at least be accurate and informative with your complaints.

The only thing he got right imo is the UD do have a decent heat up time from completely cold... But you can just leave it on standby which greatly reduces the heat-up time. Or do what I do just turn it on as soon as you get home while you settle in; by the time I get a video going and my cats fed the UD is ready to go. So who cares really!

But when one of the gripes is "the device feels almost a little TOO nice.... it easily steps into 'cutesy knick-knack' territory rather than acting as a robust vaporizer."

Seriously? It's so well made that it seems to be too appealing and too pretty? That's a very odd complaint. I feel it's very indicative that this reviewer's opinions are not something I will value or need to read more of. I will be sure to post a comment correcting the abundance of mistakes in his review though! It would really suck for someone to miss out on the UD line because they recieved inaccurate information.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
What a ridiculous review. Absolute ignorance at it's worst on display.

FWIW my pup is used every day & is my primary vape. I can buy whatever vapes I like but as a one hitter it is hard to beat the NonG running at high temps. Realistically 90% of my vaping is done via a log & I would not have it any other way.

Top Bottom