Underdog Log Vapes

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
:wave: Hope you're all enjoying this Sunday afternoon! We've finally gotten up a much needed refresh, with 42 beautiful pieces: http://underdogvapes.com/vapes-available We've also discounted the existing stock by 10%, and still have our Figured Black Walnut Vape Specials.

We're also including a free LED screen dimmer option with each vape (until we run out of stock), or the choice to add a travel size VVPS for half its normal price -- $20 instead of $40. And -- semi-secret menu option- choose between the Standard Core Mk1 or the new Standard Core Mk2 (SC2) in your order comments on select vapes. See individual product descriptions for details.

Anyone who's ordered a vape in the last week and would like to retroactively take advantage of this deal, please contact me and I'll get you squared away.

Please take a look and post your favorite pieces here in the thread. :luv:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
:wave: Hope you're all enjoying this Sunday afternoon! We've finally gotten up a much needed refresh, with 42 beautiful pieces: http://underdogvapes.com/vapes-available We've also discounted the existing stock by 10%, and still have our Figured Black Walnut Vape Specials.

We're also including a free LED screen dimmer option with each vape (until we run out of stock), or the choice to add a travel size VVPS for half its normal price -- $20 instead of $40. And -- semi-secret menu option- choose between the Standard Core Mk1 or the new Standard Core Mk2 (SC2) in your order comments on select vapes. See individual product descriptions for details.

Anyone who's ordered a vape in the last week and would like to retroactively take advantage of this deal, please contact me and I'll get you squared away.

You guys are AWESOME!

premarket

Wow these deals look really incredible!
Is this considered your 420 sale?

Not too sure when is the best time to pull the trigger :brow:
Now or in like 15 days :rofl:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSZKU3XjA9e/

.02 loaded up and 10v on the dial. Flavor was outstanding, and as you'll see the vapor production/density is Cloud City! Happy Dog Days to all you (combustion) fuckers!

Wowza dude that's some nice vapor density there! Any chance we can get a copy of the video to post on our Instagram or something? If so @underdogette can talk to you about it and figure out how, etc.

You guys are AWESOME!

Thanks man!

Wow these deals look really incredible!
Is this considered your 420 sale?

Not too sure when is the best time to pull the trigger :brow:
Now or in like 15 days :rofl:

Thanks! No this isn't the kick-off of the 420 sale.. though it is 4/2 which is kind of close lol.

The 420 sale typically isn't one of our largest ones, those are at the Holidays and in Sept (Birthday Sale) but it's usually decent. It'll probably be something along the lines of an additional 10% plus some extra/bonus goodies and maybe some random giveaway or something. Now whether it's best to pull the trigger now and spend the next couple weeks in a foggy haze or wait until 420 and save a few bucks.. tough call. :hmm:

That Purple Heart with at least 1 million lines is soooooooo rad. Favorite pup of the new litter for sure.

Haha thanks! Someone asked me 'whats the max amount of lines you could put on a piece, like a crazy stupid amount of lines'.. I couldn't resist so I decided to find out. Showed the person a pic, had a good laugh and here we are lol.. not sure if someone will give that weird on a good home but we'll find out.

FreddieFresh

Wowza dude that's some nice vapor density there! Any chance we can get a copy of the video to post on our Instagram or something? If so @underdogette can talk to you about it and figure out how, etc.

Absolutely not!! :disgust:

Haha sure man, after all she is your creation. :tup:
I admit I'm pretty clueless though. I can copy the url to share something but I've just been using screenshots to repost lol. But I'm sure underdogette will figure it out.

Oh, and that Coco is definitely the winner of that refresh. Still drooling over that one :mmmm:
I shouldn't have looked haha. I don't need the temptation right now

Prolusio

27023-455x525.jpg

I've been wanting this Wild Burl for quite a while! I feel it's really reasonably priced for all the details going on in the grain.

But my favourite is definitely this Chico Chinese Pistache... Damn, so tempting! I'm lucky they don't offer shipping to Canada default otherwise my VAS would have scooped one up already.
27087-455x525.jpg

formicae

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSZKU3XjA9e/

.02 loaded up and 10v on the dial. Flavor was outstanding, and as you'll see the vapor production/density is Cloud City! Happy Dog Days to all you (combustion) fuckers!

That's a nice hit, man. I mentioned to my taller half that I'd like to get a vid of a solid NonG one-and-done, but that was a week or two ago, I just...never get around to it. :)

Too many! :love::love:The glulams obv, the million-liner, the sapwood coco, the tiered pistache...so many beautiful pieces there. You also updated the FAQ, busy busy!

Haha thanks! Someone asked me 'whats the max amount of lines you could put on a piece, like a crazy stupid amount of lines'..

I'm lucky they don't offer shipping to Canada default otherwise

More for us other hosers, I guess. :D

Last edited:

purplegrass

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate them. I will do as said and have some experimentation with the dimmer. Underdog, that would be cool if you find the chart but don't stress much about it as it works fine even without the dimmer for a rough temp estimation, just heat him up and it seems to be a good temp anyway.

I'm gonna try using one of the other stems (like the stainless, which has a tiny chamber) and see if I can get some good aroma from even less than 0.2, judging on my last time, I reckon I can be like Freddie and get it down to 0.02. I think the underdog would be great for people who have a tolerance; just have a t break and get back into it using the underdog with tiny amounts, that would keep tolerance at bay I would think (I don't have tolerance, but I assume this would work for someone who does)

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Refresh is really awesome. 27096 and 27109 are my faves.

I am tempted to get another dog literally every time you guys put up new ones, it's kinda silly. I should just get a subscription where I pay a lump sum and then get a dog per month for a year or something!

Here's a double dog vid I took today. Not the best angle still but much better view of the vapor produced.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSZS7v2DIrc/

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dog, good morning out there.. hope you're all ready for the week to start. I'm not but apparently the world doesn't care lol. Got a lot going on in the shop today but wanted to touch bases with all you peeps first.

First off - glad everyone likes the refresh, with both core types available now we're seeing a pretty even mix heading out.

Apologies in advance to all of you and your wallets/bank accounts.. we've got a lot of awesome stuff that all seems to be getting ready to come out of the pipe here in the near future. :brow:

Here's a quick experiment I set up this morning to take a quick look at some basic operating temps. @purplegrass got me thinking about it and I figured the rest of you would be interested as well.

• As the graphic shows we have a lot of heat energy sitting in the core of an UD just waiting for you to put it to work. I've found measuring the core temp is a better metric than measuring the draw temp since there are so many variables that differ from user to user on the draw/stem side.
  • Both the cores in the graphic (SC1 and SC2) are what we'd consider 'normal' (on the spectrum of cool/normal/hot).
  • The body of the SC1 is a standard Twig made out of Ash (med dense) and the SC2 is one of my personal Dogs and is a Wild Burl (very dense) Thin Twig with a very thin wall near the top. I thought the exterior graphic would be a good example of how thickness/density of the species affects the handfeel temp.
  • For final point of reference I usually use my Wild Burl SC2 at about 10.4v to 11.2v and get dark brown ABV. At 12v both cores shown here are into or perilously close to combustion.
fwuf89.jpg

Absolutely not!! :disgust:

Haha sure man, after all she is your creation. :tup:
I admit I'm pretty clueless though. I can copy the url to share something but I've just been using screenshots to repost lol. But I'm sure underdogette will figure it out.
Oh, and that Coco is definitely the winner of that refresh. Still drooling over that one :mmmm:
I shouldn't have looked haha. I don't need the temptation right now

I'll see if I can't get @underdogette to get in touch and see if she can figure out an easy way to get it from you, thanks! Yeah the Coco is one of my favorites for sure and I know what you mean about the temptation. I have to resist it all the time, it's kind of silly that I have the urge to keep so many Dogs when I'm the one sitting here making them lol.

27023-455x525.jpg

I've been wanting this Wild Burl for quite a while! I feel it's really reasonably priced for all the details going on in the grain.

But my favourite is definitely this Chico Chinese Pistache... Damn, so tempting! I'm lucky they don't offer shipping to Canada default otherwise my VAS would have scooped one up already.
27087-455x525.jpg

Yay, both of those are two of my favorite woods lately and are extra special to me since I logged and milled both myself. That nice Wild Burl is a sister piece to my personal one from the graphic above (mine is a simple cylinder though). :tup:

That's a nice hit, man. I mentioned to my taller half that I'd like to get a vid of a solid NonG one-and-done, but that was a week or two ago, I just...never get around to it. :)

Too many! :love::love:The glulams obv, the million-liner, the sapwood coco, the tiered pistache...so many beautiful pieces there. You also updated the FAQ, busy busy!

More for us other hosers, I guess. :D

Oooh, cool, thanks man! Yep very busy lately and Underdogette still found time for FAQ updates. Pretty sure she's a robot otherwise I'm not sure how she does so much in her limited amount of time lol.

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate them. I will do as said and have some experimentation with the dimmer. Underdog, that would be cool if you find the chart but don't stress much about it as it works fine even without the dimmer for a rough temp estimation, just heat him up and it seems to be a good temp anyway.

I'm gonna try using one of the other stems (like the stainless, which has a tiny chamber) and see if I can get some good aroma from even less than 0.2, judging on my last time, I reckon I can be like Freddie and get it down to 0.02. I think the underdog would be great for people who have a tolerance; just have a t break and get back into it using the underdog with tiny amounts, that would keep tolerance at bay I would think (I don't have tolerance, but I assume this would work for someone who does)

Our pleasure purplegrass! We try and be as accessable as possible and are always happy and willing to answer questions. The graphic above will hopefully at least give you some general temp info to use as a baseline in your experiments.. hope it's helpful, it was the best I could put together in the time I had.

Yeah you can get some very small doses with the Nylon, NonG and SS Lite stems with their small chambers. A lot of people find .025g to .05g loads to work well and you're totally right about those micro doses being great at keeping tolerance low. :cheers:

Refresh is really awesome. 27096 and 27109 are my faves.

I am tempted to get another dog literally every time you guys put up new ones, it's kinda silly. I should just get a subscription where I pay a lump sum and then get a dog per month for a year or something!

Here's a double dog vid I took today. Not the best angle still but much better view of the vapor produced.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSZS7v2DIrc/

Thanks dude! Hmm.. a subscription. We've done similar with our 'Founders Package' that we've used to raise some capital on occasion. That's typically been when pack members have 'invested' $1,000 which has gotten them some 'lifetime' (ie, as long as I'm alive and running this business) benefits like 1 new Dog a year (Ready Made or (within reason) Custom), 20% off of all purchases and also a harder to quantify benefit of receiving one of each new Dog core type (Classic, Standard, Air, SC2, Mini, Micro, etc) that we release to production (ie, not beta products). :cool:

Gotta Love Dyer Oak! :mmmm:

27086-900x900.jpg

Also this Figured Walnut one! among others..

Yes! The Dyer Oak is amazing.. and the Figured Walnut is as well. The Figured Walnut in particular is an incredible bargain IMO given how nice it is and how low the price is (on the Vape Special especially). :cheers:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I was kinda teasing but I'm prob halfway-ish at this point as well! (And I just got my first dog in the holiday sale... don't blame me though. They're too good to just have one!)

I do plan to limit my dogpack (to some arbitrary #) but haven't found a reason to yet... my intention is there though (eventually) :p

Also I really appreciate you doing that temp testing experiment as I'm sure many others do.

Having those concrete #s to at least begin drawing assumptions from is nice, so thanks!

Happy Monday. I'm just over here :ko:

Last edited:

purplegrass

Also I really appreciate you doing that temp testing experiment as I'm sure many others do.

Having those concrete #s to at least begin drawing assumptions from is nice, so thanks!

Happy Monday. I'm just over here :ko:

Its awesome isn't it. not only is it helpful in knowing the temps, but I'm more surprised that the Underdogs actually went through the trouble of putting together experiment like that just because an anonymous forum member asked about the temperature. now that's A+ customer service if I ever saw it. I too, greatly appreciate it Underdog. Thank you

I will be trying out with the Lt stainless (which was around 0.025g) tonight and will let you guys know if it gets me;)

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@underdog & @underdogette are some of the kindest people I know and they run their business in a very up-front manner.

The crazy thing is, they've done stuff similar to what just happened for probably all of us at one point or another. That's just how they are and that's the glory of paying for a product that you can tell is given thought and love, even after it leaves @underdog s workbench.

The stems that fit in the heater port (SS, NonGs, the wooden stems they offer) run a bit hotter than the glass on glass ones that fit over the port, so just keep that in mind for your experiment. Enjoy! :tup::wave::rockon:

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs just a heads up we'll be traveling most of the day and won't be online until we get back later this afternoon/evening. Carry on.. behave and stay off the couches. :cool:

Founders Package you say.......?

....indeed... :whoa:

Hold my dogs I'm going in :spliff::haw::whoa:

Have you been reading my blog again? That's my summer slogan! :lol:

purplegrass

So i used the UD last night with the LT stainless. long story short, I'm blown away at how little you can get away with if your using such an efficient means of extraction. I'm basically gonna be using the UD with LT stainless for the foreseeable future as there really is no point using more than what you need. I kinda realized that 'less is more' when i first used the UD with the standared stem, but this is just ridiculous lol. truly amazing. Thanks all for their help.

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs, we got in too late in the evening yesterday to get too much done so we just wrote the whole day off. We're back in the saddle today though, kicking ass and taking names.. you know, the norm. :p

So i used the UD last night with the LT stainless. long story short, I'm blown away at how little you can get away with if your using such an efficient means of extraction. I'm basically gonna be using the UD with LT stainless for the foreseeable future as there really is no point using more than what you need. I kinda realized that 'less is more' when i first used the UD with the standared stem, but this is just ridiculous lol. truly amazing. Thanks all for their help.

Yeah the LT Stainless is one of my go-to stems for micro dosing, glad you discovered it's 'magic' too! Less is definitely more sometimes. :tup:

Been away for a while. I thought you were finished with Banksia Pod, @underdog. Good to see a couple new ones.

Heya man long time no see, welcome back!

Yeah I stopped doing Banksia Pods because I was getting more and more sensitive to working it but I had a bunch more laying around and didn't want them to go to waste so I turned them all in one big itchy batch lol.

I don't plan on doing more of them in the future but sometimes I have a hard time saying no to people when the request something so we'll see how my plan stands up to the test of time. :\

Top Bottom