Underdog Log Vapes

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
OK this vape just looked too cool to pass up. Did I pick up a quality desktop? Good flavor, ease of use? Does it works with hash, wax, liquid, kief, dry herb, Any auto shut off? So excited to use this. Will it work with this bubbler.http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/grace-glass-limited-edition-vapor-bubbler-with-inline-showerhead-diffuser-white.html#.Vi-DXJVdHmR I hope I made a good choice
You will NOT be disappointed! Welcome to The Pound! I'm pretty sure you can use it with most forms of cannabis. Very easy to use, clean, and maintain. Plus, it's handmade functional art! @MileHighLife is correct, it IS too cool pass up! Enjoy!:wave::science:

2clicker

Observer
so i tried out my DIY temp controller on my dog to cool it a bit. to keep it from combusting. i did get the extra extension cables that @underdogette sent over, but they didnt seem to cool it enough. i do plan on copping one of the dimmers that @underdog posted a link to, but i already have this DIY controller for my DIY rosin press setup. anyway pics are below. this thing has tamed my dog and i am back to super efficient and flavorful dog rips again!!!

Nyk7Cy9.jpg

and for shits and grins this pic is of my vapes i made a few years ago out of Hakko soldering irons. they work amazing. i originally made the DIY controller to control the one on top.

H3465bl.jpg

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Who's excited for Halloween? I have to admit it's my favorite holiday! :rip::zombie::evil::science::freak::sherlock:

Anyway, the coolest thing happened this year, when this vape came out of the shop. Not only does it have this awesome spiderweb design all over in the grain, it glows under black light! Had to share. :) I don't think this one will sit on the shelf for very long... ;) If it's still here by Saturday night, we may just have to put it in our personal party collection!

fuyl5g.jpg

mikeben

Last edited:

mikeben

Also, if you have the time can any of you pup experts tell me about my dog? I decided on standard core because I thought it would be easier to use. Does standard core have it's advantages or differences? Also what can anyone tell me about my apricot wood? Is it pretty sturdy? Temp wise what should it produce? I did buy their recommended $35 vv machine on Amazon and the wires they sell to go along with it. I like concentrates along with dry herb and figure different stems would have different sweet spots. Any advise on taming my dog (and getting a cool compatible wood Ed Stem) is much appreciated. Sorry for all the enthusiasm I am just excited to try this.

j-bug

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and am relatively new to vaping, and have happily discovered that it treats some medical issues that I haven't otherwise been able to treat without a cocktail of prescriptions without the respiratory issues smoking causes me. Now I think I'm pretty set on getting an underdog vape for use while I'm at home as a bit of a late birthday gift for myself.

I'm fairly certain I want to get a standard core as it seems that's the better choice for a underdog that's gonna be used with glass, and is kept on throughout the day, for ease of use for medicating as needed and for use with an aromatherapy cup to keep everything smelling nice. Considering that and relative budget friendliness I'm leaning toward the Beech Special that's currently available. However, I have some reservations about Beech as a type of wood as beech is typically considered a relatively perishable wood and if I'm spending around 200 on a product I want it to last a pretty long time.

So I'm wondering if folks think I should spring a bit more for the Zircote standard, even though with the stems I want and the aroma cup the Beech Special is bit of a reach for me right now, or if I should stick with the slightly more budget friendly option and figure that it'll do just as well?

I'm also curious about the difference between the vvps available on amazon the lab style one, vs the tattoo style one recommended on ebay. Are there any major pros and cons to either or are they both essentially the same and I'd be better off with the less expensive one?

@mikeben I was eyeing that Apricot piece since related fruits tend to have durable woods based on what a friend was saying about it when I asked.

hoptimum

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and am relatively new to vaping, and have happily discovered that it treats some medical issues that I haven't otherwise been able to treat without a cocktail of prescriptions without the respiratory issues smoking causes me. Now I think I'm pretty set on getting an underdog vape for use while I'm at home as a bit of a late birthday gift for myself.

I'm fairly certain I want to get a standard core as it seems that's the better choice for a underdog that's gonna be used with glass, and is kept on throughout the day, for ease of use for medicating as needed and for use with an aromatherapy cup to keep everything smelling nice. Considering that and relative budget friendliness I'm leaning toward the Beech Special that's currently available. However, I have some reservations about Beech as a type of wood as beech is typically considered a relatively perishable wood and if I'm spending around 200 on a product I want it to last a pretty long time.

So I'm wondering if folks think I should spring a bit more for the Zircote standard, even though with the stems I want and the aroma cup the Beech Special is bit of a reach for me right now, or if I should stick with the slightly more budget friendly option and figure that it'll do just as well?

I'm also curious about the difference between the vvps available on amazon the lab style one, vs the tattoo style one recommended on ebay. Are there any major pros and cons to either or are they both essentially the same and I'd be better off with the less expensive one?

@mikeben I was eyeing that Apricot piece since related fruits tend to have durable woods based on what a friend was saying about it when I asked.

The Voltage Keeper's VVPS is very popular, for good reason.

mikeben

GOT MY DOG! I have not got my VVPS yet (I went with the $35 Amazon model) and it runs a bit warm, but I love it. My first great desktop, and my first log. The apricot is beautiful and it is so easy to use. I did a lot of experimenting tonight with all sorts of materials and stems. First this is a flavor monster. I love the tastes I am getting. Major clouds, and tastes. It is really easy to use and clean. I have SCS dabber, whose round end I am using the move the screens up and down, but they are set really well when they arrive in the mouthpiece. The round screens are a great idea, much better than flat. You really get a better portion control and burn that way.

I have a 14 nong on the way, but didn't pick it initially. The nylon direct draw is a really nice vape, so little material and so much vapor and punch. I see no need to try the silicone because of these guys. Most unique thing about the dog is the nylon for sure. Very good flavor

The direct draw glass is a long direct vape you can get more material in. Glass is going to be your cleanest taste and I was impressed with the quality of the thick glass version I picked. I see no need to try the thinner glass variant. This was excellent.

I loved both the long and short glass 14mm pieces with the short only winning because it's the easiest of all to clean. Again I am impressed with the quality of the glass used here. Just great flavor and it cleans really nicely. The water worked great with the Dog and it balanced easy on even my small bubbler.

The SS baskets worked with all sorts of materials. They clean fairly easily but I still would use a cut off SS pad made for vaporizers, or a dry herb bed for hash, oil or kief. The dog brings out an intensity in flavor in concentrates that I didn't realize existed, but it did burn them out somewhat quicker than I am used too. I guess that goes for dry herb too but again you get a real intensity that is amazing at first. Just wonderful flavor and clouds.

I think once my VVPS arrives I will be able to have less heat and have more drawn out sessions if I wish, and I look forward to trying the aroma therapy even. I like my dog a lot, he's really a fine new pet. Beautiful and smells better than any real dog I've met!

Last thing I decided on my ED's TNT stem with help from ED himself. It will have his own SS bushing that goes over the heating element. It will be Red Oak 2 1/2 length and 14mm. I can hardly wait!

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Hi all,

I would not be concerned with the wood species, I have a feeling a resistor or cable would fail before the wood deteriorated. If budget is a priority, go beech. If visual is more important, go zircote.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hi all,

The Beech is pretty hard and durable but the Zircote is quite a bit harder and would probably have a longer lifespan. That said the Beech should still have a good long life (couple years?). As far as VVPS go I don't really think they're necessary with the latest Dogs as most run plenty hot as-is and for cooling them off a bit a $7 dimmer on Amazon works just as well as a more expensive VVPS. :2c:

GOT MY DOG! I have not got my VVPS yet (I went with the $35 Amazon model) and it runs a bit warm, but I love it. My first great desktop, and my first log. The apricot is beautiful and it is so easy to use. I did a lot of experimenting tonight with all sorts of materials and stems. First this is a flavor monster. I love the tastes I am getting. Major clouds, and tastes. It is really easy to use and clean. I have SCS dabber, whose round end I am using the move the screens up and down, but they are set really well when they arrive in the mouthpiece. The round screens are a great idea, much better than flat. You really get a better portion control and burn that way.

I have a 14 nong on the way, but didn't pick it initially. The nylon direct draw is a really nice vape, so little material and so much vapor and punch. I see no need to try the silicone because of these guys. Most unique thing about the dog is the nylon for sure. Very good flavor

The direct draw glass is a long direct vape you can get more material in. Glass is going to be your cleanest taste and I was impressed with the quality of the thick glass version I picked. I see no need to try the thinner glass variant. This was excellent.

I loved both the long and short glass 14mm pieces with the short only winning because it's the easiest of all to clean. Again I am impressed with the quality of the glass used here. Just great flavor and it cleans really nicely. The water worked great with the Dog and it balanced easy on even my small bubbler.

The SS baskets worked with all sorts of materials. They clean fairly easily but I still would use a cut off SS pad made for vaporizers, or a dry herb bed for hash, oil or kief. The dog brings out an intensity in flavor in concentrates that I didn't realize existed, but it did burn them out somewhat quicker than I am used too. I guess that goes for dry herb too but again you get a real intensity that is amazing at first. Just wonderful flavor and clouds.

I think once my VVPS arrives I will be able to have less heat and have more drawn out sessions if I wish, and I look forward to trying the aroma therapy even. I like my dog a lot, he's really a fine new pet. Beautiful and smells better than any real dog I've met!

Last thing I decided on my ED's TNT stem with help from ED himself. It will have his own SS bushing that goes over the heating element. It will be Red Oak 2 1/2 length and 14mm. I can hardly wait!

Awesome, glad to hear you're enjoying your Dog! I really like that piece too so I'm happy to hear it found a good home. :cool:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Glad to see all these new members to the Dog Pack! Howl! :cheers:

Hope everyone has a great Halloween, I just got a nice treat to celebrate.

dk5Qmoa.jpg

Time to exercise a few pups :rockon:and crack this puppy open :o (the book ^ not my vape, calm down :ko:)
Have fun fogging the woods, and stay vaped my friends! :science:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
So, what is the consensus on Original core vs Air?

Hey there- With the new stainless steel heater cartridge, the performance between the two is almost indistinguishable. We are now recommending the Air Core and slowly moving everyone in that direction because it is a more simple and robust core- as it has less parts inside and is a completely welded together solid piece (including the heater cartridge).

Hope that helps!

j-bug

I would not be concerned with the wood species, I have a feeling a resistor or cable would fail before the wood deteriorated. If budget is a priority, go beech. If visual is more important, go zircote.

The Beech is pretty hard and durable but the Zircote is quite a bit harder and would probably have a longer lifespan. That said the Beech should still have a good long life (couple years?). As far as VVPS go I don't really think they're necessary with the latest Dogs as most run plenty hot as-is and for cooling them off a bit a $7 dimmer on Amazon works just as well as a more expensive VVPS. :2c:
Oh, good to know, I was mainly planning on using the VVPS to lower the temp. I'll definitely pick up the dimmer.

Underdogette, that's interesting about the air core. Does that mean that for leaving a dog on basically all the time for it to be ready to use and as an aromatherapy platform when not in use for medication that the air core is just as good as the standard core?

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Oh, good to know, I was mainly planning on using the VVPS to lower the temp. I'll definitely pick up the dimmer.

Underdogette, that's interesting about the air core. Does that mean that for leaving a dog on basically all the time for it to be ready to use and as an aromatherapy platform when not in use for medication that the air core is just as good as the standard core?

Yes. :) Also, a dimmer would be really good for aromatherapy too. Your oils don't need nearly as much heat as your medication.

mikeben

I got the $35 Tek Power Digital VVPS and I really like it. I got the red and black wires from Underdog. I think the extra $50 is worth it because controlling the heat makes me feel better about leaving it on. Plus I like it cooler for herb than for concentrate. Now I get to try the copper cup aroma when that arrives too! I like that the Dog does not have this knob on it. It keeps it more pure and my box is kind of neat. I feel like a mad scientist lol.

j-bug

Just checked my emails and saw I got one telling me that my Underdog (Teak Air Core) has been shipped (hooray)! Got a bit of a journey to travel yet (across a country and an ocean), but I am looking forward to it's arrival :)
This prompted me to check my email, leading me to be pleasantly surprised that my vape has also gone out.

For those following along, after taking into account what underdoggette and underdog had to say I decided to go with the air core and specifically the teak wood, as that's a type of wood I'm personally fond of. I also picked up the $7 dimmer from amazon, and plan to eventually get a water piece from DHgate unless I end up really feeling like I'll prefer to use it dry most all of the time. I can't wait to be able to report back about how it all goes. :)

KidFated.

Unknown Member
This prompted me to check my email, leading me to be pleasantly surprised that my vape has also gone out.

For those following along, after taking into account what underdoggette and underdog had to say I decided to go with the air core and specifically the teak wood, as that's a type of wood I'm personally fond of. I also picked up the $7 dimmer from amazon, and plan to eventually get a water piece from DHgate unless I end up really feeling like I'll prefer to use it dry most all of the time. I can't wait to be able to report back about how it all goes. :)
I'd hold off on the dhgate order, my favorite playtime with the dog is always direct draw.

yotter

Heya Dogs, I'm starting work on Minis so if you want to make sure you get one this time around make sure you get in touch with Underdogette so she can put you down for one. That'll guarantee you one otherwise it's first come first serve. :cool:

My UD hasn't even reached me yet, I see this message, and I'm just :mmmm: thinking of having a mini dog to accompany my (not even used) Dog

Top Bottom