Underdog Log Vapes

los

maybe i missed something but my dog smells the same way it smelled when i got it, taste is the same as well and i dont taste nothing but the goodness :brow:

los,

darkrom

Great Scott!
You didn't miss anything important. The valid concerns of safety were brought up as they should be with any vaporizer on the market. The consensus of everyone who has purchased one (to the best of my knowledge) is happy and feel very safe.

If I didn't feel safe with a vaporizer I would get rid of it immediate. (solo, vapir one 5.0, and Vapor Buddy can back this up) .

The underdog is one of the few vaporizers I actually consider safe enough.

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
With all due respect, I don't think feeling happy and safe is much of a guaranty. One can walk around with the early stages of cancer feeling safe and happy.

Why not make sure and get the glue that's use tested on fumes and whatnot when it's heated (one should also consider what might happen when something goes wrong, like overheating or short circuit)? I know this will cost money, but there shouldn't be a price on safety, right?

On another note, are there any plans to exchange the tubing for a real stem somewhere in the future? That's the only thing that's putting me off on the Dog personally, I just will not suck on a silicone tube, especially heated silicone.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
OhTheAgony said:
With all due respect, I don't think feeling happy and safe is much of a guaranty. One can walk around with the early stages of cancer feeling safe and happy.

Why not make sure and get the glue that's use tested on fumes and whatnot when it's heated (one should also consider what might happen when something goes wrong, like overheating or short circuit)? I know this will cost money, but there shouldn't be a price on safety, right?

On another note, are there any plans to exchange the tubing for a real stem somewhere in the future? That's the only thing that's putting me off on the Dog personally, I just will not suck on a silicone tube, especially heated silicone.
I think that u can load into a glas stem with a screen and use silicon only on the end to hold to the core. If the glass stem fits the metal tube there will be just glass to steel airpath.

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks ABsymal, but I'd also like to eliminate that part. I really don't like the idea of silicone in the air path, and especially not directly touching the heater.

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
OhTheAgony said:

I agree with testing in general, can't hurt. I definitely don't think feeling good means something is good. I am however convinced the UD is a very very safe vape.

The tubing was a huge concern for me at first. I hated it and hated the idea. After doing research I'm 100% sure that the tubing is safe. I've also grown to love the silicones suction. Unmatched by anything I've used. I'd highly suggest a glass stem from Dave as well because then you get the suction of silicone, but you keep the feeling/taste of a glass stem. Personally I love using my aqua vape with the underdog, but the glass stem was incredibly high quality.

As for what I will describe as the "taste" of silicone...it is not unpleasant, but there ONLY if you use a silicone only mouthpiece. It is not silicone flavor or smell or anything, but simply the fact that you have silicone on your lips. If you use a glass stem with the silicone coupler (bowl part) then you get NO silicone flavor or smell or anything. I just can't stress enough that there is no offgassing or anything negative about the silicone used. At first I was 100% anti silicone, but now I love it. Safe and suction and cheap...can't beat that! I just wish I could have you guys try the silicone stems just so you can see what I am talking about first hand.

@OhTheAgony if you want to discuss the vape anytime let me know. We seem to end up discussing the same vapes often and I've grown to recognize and respect many members here. You are one of them :peace:

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks for the info and kind words Darkrom! & for what it's worth, I wish you could try my tasty non smelly Solo as well sometime, it kinda sucks you got cheated out of a great experience there imo.

I'd like to try a Dog for sure. But perhaps I get the chance sometime since I have a feeling our friend Flskwat has something to do with that shipment that's going to France soon ;) At the moment the Dog & RCZ are both on top of my list as the log vapes to get, but like stated before I have some serious doubts about the silicone used so close to the heater. I know that it's probably safe but I just don't like it & would love another option.

Who is that Dave who has glass stems for this one btw? It must have been mentioned before but I guess I missed that, I didn't know there were already stems out for the Dog.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Dave is creator/maker of the UD vapes. :).
Here you can see the stems :). http://www.underdogvapes.com/catalog/accessories/glass-stems/ (was so fogged forgot to add link)
Everyone of us was reserved to the silicon stems till he tries one out :) .
I know that it is not a proof of healthyness and safety but i used to have big throat issues with DBV.. and less but still there with MW. Since i switched to the UD i have none of that problems.

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah, same Dave, lol

Thanks for the link, I guess I should have checked his own website first before I started asking questions :lol:

Those look really nice anyways.

Just to find a way around the silicone, pardon my stubbornness, but would the SS parts of the stems of a Zap or any of the other log vapes fit the heater core of the Dogs? I understand there are two sizes here?

OhTheAgony,
No, sadly no metal bowls fit into the UD. You might want to look into the Toasty Top, Alan ships over seas, and the bowl as no silicone in it if you want.

biojuggernaut,

Abysmal Vapor

SirElton said:
The power supply has crapped out on me. :( This makes 2 out of 2.
If another one cracks better check if the wall contact gives healty electricity. I had a broken one which regulary caused restarts and fucked up GSM chargers.. It was not grounded 0 . I don't know what the exact termin is in English .
Here is a picture of the abv from the video. I vaped one more load big as that i am pretty fucked up.. off 0.05.
126epoo.jpg

From what you see on picture i got this cloud + one not with MFLB type density.I don't bother to get more than that cause it does not worth it.. and i recycle with BHO so nothing goes away :).

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Awesome vid Ab! How many hits like that can you get from one bowl/stem? Videos like that are exactly the reason why I prefer the Dog & the CRZ over the other log vapes, plus I think they both get the AVB darker then the other logs, which is very important to me. I want it as close to black as possible. I also don't like the little stand the TT needs. It looks cute and all, but I want my vape to be able to stand on it's own so I can put it down without paying attention to it when clearing a tube or whatnot.

I'm in no rush getting a log vape though. I mean I want one and would like it as soon as possible, but I have others I want as well that are higher on my list and I'm not rich enough to buy 'm all at once. It may even take another year before I buy one, I want to wait until the CRZ is sold in Europe, and I hope that some of it's competitors have moved forward as well by that time so I have more to choose from. I'm just checking out the waters for now. The dogs are definitely the prettiest logs vape out atm imo, and I noticed using pretty things make me happier then using something that functions the same without the good looks, so yes, looks matter :)

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

I've noticed that it is not important for the herb to be dark to be well extracted. UD keeps the abv gold but it gives the stoney feeling too. I experimented with my Dog abv i loaded 0.5 into my MW setup on max and all i got was one undense miserable fart with no taste at all.. It got darker but i did not get nothing off that happening :).

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
SirElton said:

I'll send you a replacement in tomorrow's mail SirElton.. is your address still the same one I sent the vape to? Either you have some serious bad luck or something's not right but I'll get you the replacement regardless.

Is it totally dead or just not getting up to vape temperature like the first supply? I switched brands and models after that incident but it's getting harder and harder to get quality power supplies at a price that doesn't break the bank! If you could stick the dead one(s) in a little bubble-mailer or something and send them back to me it would really help me determine what's going wrong and maybe reduce problems like this in the future and I would surely appreciate it.

Also Abysmal's comment has some merit and if possible and you have an outlet tester (like $5-$10 at the hardware store) it might be good to check your outlet(s) for ground and other wiring faults. You could also have an under/over voltage issue but you'd have to use a multimeter to determine that.

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
OhTheAgony said:
Awesome vid Ab! How many hits like that can you get from one bowl/stem? Videos like that are exactly the reason why I prefer the Dog & the CRZ over the other log vapes, plus I think they both get the AVB darker then the other logs, which is very important to me. I want it as close to black as possible. I also don't like the little stand the TT needs. It looks cute and all, but I want my vape to be able to stand on it's own so I can put it down without paying attention to it when clearing a tube or whatnot.

I'm in no rush getting a log vape though. I mean I want one and would like it as soon as possible, but I have others I want as well that are higher on my list and I'm not rich enough to buy 'm all at once. It may even take another year before I buy one, I want to wait until the CRZ is sold in Europe, and I hope that some of it's competitors have moved forward as well by that time so I have more to choose from. I'm just checking out the waters for now. The dogs are definitely the prettiest logs vape out atm imo, and I noticed using pretty things make me happier then using something that functions the same without the good looks, so yes, looks matter :)

Hey OhTheAgony welcome to the madhouse nice to see some new faces around here.. ;)

If you're looking for a nice vape in the future but don't want a body with glue in it or the silicone adhesive on the core I can easily make you a custom piece with neither. There are also ways of adapting 3rd party stems to work with the UD to avoid the use of silicone if that's what you want to do. I always give it my best to help people get the piece they want and just how they want it whenever possible. :peace:

underdog,

SirElton

underdog said:
SirElton said:

I'll send you a replacement in tomorrow's mail SirElton.. is your address still the same one I sent the vape to? Either you have some serious bad luck or something's not right but I'll get you the replacement regardless.

Is it totally dead or just not getting up to vape temperature like the first supply? I switched brands and models after that incident but it's getting harder and harder to get quality power supplies at a price that doesn't break the bank! If you could stick the dead one(s) in a little bubble-mailer or something and send them back to me it would really help me determine what's going wrong and maybe reduce problems like this in the future and I would surely appreciate it.

Also Abysmal's comment has some merit and if possible and you have an outlet tester (like $5-$10 at the hardware store) it might be good to check your outlet(s) for ground and other wiring faults. You could also have an under/over voltage issue but you'd have to use a multimeter to determine that.

Yes, the address is the same. I noticed it wasn't nearly as hot yesterday, but I thought it just got knocked slightly unplugged and didn't think anything of it. I plugged it in this morning and checked after an hour. If the Dog was getting power, I couldn't feel it. The problem may be the outlet, but I doubt it. The only problems I've had with it were when using the UD power supplies. It might be worth it to get a cheap outlet tester and see, though. I can send you the faulty supplies if it helps you, no problem. Is there any way I can get on the glass stem train? A discount perhaps? :brow: ;)

SirElton,

underdog

Manufacturer
SirElton said:
Yes, the address is the same. I noticed it wasn't nearly as hot yesterday, but I thought it just got knocked slightly unplugged and didn't think anything of it. I plugged it in this morning and checked after an hour. If the Dog was getting power, I couldn't feel it. The problem may be the outlet, but I doubt it. The only problems I've had with it were when using the UD power supplies. It might be worth it to get a cheap outlet tester and see, though. I can send you the faulty supplies if it helps you, no problem. Is there any way I can get on the glass stem train? A discount perhaps? :brow: ;)

I'll send the replacement power supply tomorrow, if you want a glass stem I'll give you one for $10 off how's that? The return of the dead power supplies is greatly appreciated, thanks SirElton!

underdog,

SirElton

Great! Number 12091 is a beauty. Do I need to fill out the info or do you still have that as well?

SirElton,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
underdog said:
Hey OhTheAgony welcome to the madhouse nice to see some new faces around here.. ;)

If you're looking for a nice vape in the future but don't want a body with glue in it or the silicone adhesive on the core I can easily make you a custom piece with neither. There are also ways of adapting 3rd party stems to work with the UD to avoid the use of silicone if that's what you want to do. I always give it my best to help people get the piece they want and just how they want it whenever possible. :peace:

Thanks Dave, for the welcome as well as the custom options! Sounds like there's nothing much for me to bitch about then :) I'm not really new here btw, I've been lurking this thread on and off ever since it started which was right about when I decided I would once own some type of log vape.

I like your designs with the different kinds of wood to much to get one without glue in it, but I'm not to worried about it anyways. As long as it isn't in or near the air path and it can't reach temperatures which may lead to off-gassing it's fine with me. I just wanted to help getting all the facts straight & out in the open when I noticed Max expressing his worries about it in that other thread I invited you to (which in hindsight made you sort of break forum rules I guess, sorry about that). I was quit surprised when he made that post & I wish he had done it in your own thread so the discussion would be where it belongs and perhaps could continue a little further, as I don't think all those facts I was after in the first place are out there yet. But what happened happened & as unpleasant as it might have been I can see where both parties are coming from. Having some testing done on the glue you are using is probably the only way to make sure there really are no risks & to shut everyone up for once and for all if you want to though. Just a thought ;)

OhTheAgony,

stroh

errl enthusiast
OhTheAgony said:

while this is very true, what i meant by "having experienced nothing but pleasure" is i have not experienced anything that would concern me, I.E. harsh throat, headache, any other signs of poisoning or inhaling unhealthy vapors. Dave himself has been using his vapes daily for years, and has had similar experiences to mine and many other happy dog owners. i think its clear that safety is a huge concern of Dave's, and he would not be pumping out unhealthy vapes to the public.

stroh,

darkrom

Great Scott!
OhTheAgony said:
underdog said:

Thanks Dave, for the welcome as well as the custom options! Sounds like there's nothing much for me to bitch about then :)

IF you end up getting an underdog will you at least TRY the silicone stem since it is included? LOL I want to see if we can convert another anti-siliconite

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Lmao, sure, I'll take that challenge whenever the opportunity arises :lol:

Isn't it funny stirring it & stuff though, could some one produce or point me to a closeup of a Dogbowl perhaps? Filled and empty if possible?

OhTheAgony,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
TBH, I really don't care for the silicone either. That's the main reason my dog doesn't see as much playing time as my other toys. I gave it the ol' college try, but I just prefer other options at this point.

Stu,
Top Bottom