Underdog Log Vapes

that herb guy

There's not much identifying on it other than 'TATTOOPOWERSUPPLY' on the back with some voltage info. Basically a small black oval-cylinder shape with a blue readout.

Yeah I was bumming until I remember that box tucked off in the cabinet. Business as usual now :ko:.

that herb guy,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
There's not much identifying on it other than 'TATTOOPOWERSUPPLY' on the back with some voltage info. Basically a small black oval-cylinder shape with a blue readout.

Yeah I was bumming until I remember that box tucked off in the cabinet. Business as usual now :ko:.

Is it one of the mini-VVPS we've been supplying or?

underdog,

Meghan

What's the best way to re-seat the screen in the nylon stems? I was knocking mine out a moment ago and the screen came loose and went sideways. I was able to push it back down with my stirring tool, but now it's very loose and I'm afraid I'm going to end up with a mouthful of flowers. Any tips? :)

Meghan,

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Meghan, it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Take the screen and flatten it out as good as you can and then press it flat against the opening (not sideways) and try to get it to 'pop' in to the stem tip a bit. Once you get that done you should be able to very gently use one of the dowels to push it down until it is seated against the protruding 'rib' in the stem tip. Don't push it too hard once it gets there as you'll likely just push it past the rib or flip it sideways again and it doesn't need it anyways. This might sound confusing or hard but after you manage it once it should all come together and be easy after that.

If you still can't get it seated with the above suggestions maybe try a different screen (you have spares?) and/or let us know so we can advise more if needed. :peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

irishroots8477

sooo.. anybody have a weimaraner? if so you can understand the extent of separation anxiety they are susceptible to, and i'll not place 100% of the blame on him but maybe 95% long story short i came home to find my dog sprawled on the floor... overall it still works but it now rattles when shook.. i wouldn't consider myself clumsy just unlucky and a tad irresponsible (left the dog on the nightstand by the window, left for work and my actual dog strung out b/c im leaving.. bastard ends up pulling it to the floor) i'd kill em if i didn't love him so much...

Hey guys just bought a dog and I am pretty happy with it. One quick question for those that are using the gong with a bong, are you using cold or hot water. Does it matter? When I used to burn I preferred hot water.

Shadow Blue,

underdog

Manufacturer
sooo.. anybody have a weimaraner? if so you can understand the extent of separation anxiety they are susceptible to, and i'll not place 100% of the blame on him but maybe 95% long story short i came home to find my dog sprawled on the floor... overall it still works but it now rattles when shook.. i wouldn't consider myself clumsy just unlucky and a tad irresponsible (left the dog on the nightstand by the window, left for work and my actual dog strung out b/c im leaving.. bastard ends up pulling it to the floor) i'd kill em if i didn't love him so much...

No weimaraners here but I do have the the 4-legged Underdog and he's been known to have a spazzy moment here or there, my UDs have seen their share of floors because of him lol.

How is yours rattling, does it sound like a little piece of the heating element spalled off or like the core is rattling in the body? If it's still working fine then probably not an issue but you can always send it in if it's bugging you. :peace:

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Hey guys just bought a dog and I am pretty happy with it. One quick question for those that are using the gong with a bong, are you using cold or hot water. Does it matter? When I used to burn I preferred hot water.

Some will tell you cold water is best, but IME hot water does amazing things for vapor. A few moisture conditioned Dog hits definitely put me in the right place :brow:

Peloton,

irishroots8477

yeah it's the heating element, it's not that big of a nuisance. I suppose in the coming months i'll send it in as of now its all good.. my heart sank when i came in from work and heard it rattle, it was quite the pick-up that it worked alright... good to know it won't present any immediate issues.

im just gonna have to find a new spot for him..

irishroots8477,
Reactions: underdog

treecityrnd

im just gonna have to find a new spot for him..
Which one?

Hot Water you say Shadow? Ask lwien...
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-keep-bong-water-hot.8304/

Just stopping by to give my thanks to the best customer service on the planet. If everyone functioned like Dave, there would never be a waiting list for any vape and never a blown gasket over preorder nonsense.

Then again, if everyone functioned like Dave we would never get any sleep and work all day & night in 100+ degree heat in a small shack without AC...

Keep on keepin' on!

Yoshimattsu

So I'm trying to understand the pros/cons with the power supply options, I apologize if this has been discussed before. I read on the website that the vvps can extend the lifespan of the UD, does that mean the standard wall-wart is bad for the unit in some way? What temperature does the wall-wart generally vape at? Is there any reason not to get the vvps? Thanks for your time!

Yoshimattsu,

underdog

Manufacturer
So I'm trying to understand the pros/cons with the power supply options, I apologize if this has been discussed before. I read on the website that the vvps can extend the lifespan of the UD, does that mean the standard wall-wart is bad for the unit in some way? What temperature does the wall-wart generally vape at? Is there any reason not to get the vvps? Thanks for your time!

It's really just a matter of wear and tear. The standard wall-wart runs the UD at about 90% max power which really adds up (wear and tear) over time. For most users this equates to the UD sitting there idle most of the time, engine roaring away at 90% power, beating things up for no real reason other than to be ready to go at a moments notice. The standard wall-wart outputs approximately 13.5v while running an UD.

A VVPS by comparison allows a user to run an UD at a lower standby voltage between uses, say 10v, and then boost it up to whatever operating temp they want to vape at then lower it back down when done. This eliminates much of the wear and tear on the UD which has the potential to significantly increase it's lifespan. Alternatively one can leave the UD turned off between uses and then use the VVPS to boost up to operating temp in a matter of minutes (typically <5 min) and use as needed, this also reduces the wear and tear as the UD is running idle all the time.

So, choice in power supply is largely a matter of what works best for a given user. Some people are better off with a standard WW with no settings or anything to fiddle with, no forgetting to raise or lower the voltage when needed, etc. For these users it's probably worth the added wear and tear. Some users like to fine tune things, to tinker with them and/or want to really maximize the UDs lifespan.. for them the VVPS might be a better option.

Hope that helps.. :peace:

Yoshimattsu

It's really just a matter of wear and tear. The standard wall-wart runs the UD at about 90% max power which really adds up (wear and tear) over time. For most users this equates to the UD sitting there idle most of the time, engine roaring away at 90% power, beating things up for no real reason other than to be ready to go at a moments notice. The standard wall-wart outputs approximately 13.5v while running an UD.

A VVPS by comparison allows a user to run an UD at a lower standby voltage between uses, say 10v, and then boost it up to whatever operating temp they want to vape at then lower it back down when done. This eliminates much of the wear and tear on the UD which has the potential to significantly increase it's lifespan. Alternatively one can leave the UD turned off between uses and then use the VVPS to boost up to operating temp in a matter of minutes (typically <5 min) and use as needed, this also reduces the wear and tear as the UD is running idle all the time.

So, choice in power supply is largely a matter of what works best for a given user. Some people are better off with a standard WW with no settings or anything to fiddle with, no forgetting to raise or lower the voltage when needed, etc. For these users it's probably worth the added wear and tear. Some users like to fine tune things, to tinker with them and/or want to really maximize the UDs lifespan.. for them the VVPS might be a better option.

Hope that helps.. :peace:

Thank you very much for your super fast reply!

Edit: Are there any differences between the stump, twig, and other various sizes and shapes, other than personal preference of appearance?

underdog

Manufacturer
@ Yoshi - no, these days there's no real functional difference between the different pieces. They're just all different as a matter of style, since we make them freehand they're always unique. :cool:

Yoshimattsu

@ Yoshi - no, these days there's no real functional difference between the different pieces. They're just all different as a matter of style, since we make them freehand they're always unique. :cool:

Awesome, thanks! I will be placing my order very soon, paycheck hits at midnight! :tup:

Yoshimattsu,
Reactions: underdog

Yoshimattsu

Yay!! I'm so excited to join the pack! I loved the Red Elm stump right when I saw it, and I can't wait to try it out!! Quick question, what is the best way to handle bubble hash in my dog, is there a stem that works better than others?

irishroots8477

i always just use a bed of herb, never really had an issue... tho i only run it through water so idk if it would rest on the ud screen conventionally

underdog

Manufacturer
Yay!! I'm so excited to join the pack! I loved the Red Elm stump right when I saw it, and I can't wait to try it out!! Quick question, what is the best way to handle bubble hash in my dog, is there a stem that works better than others?

Just like Irishroots said a bed of herb is always a good way to go. Either just a single layer, or a bottom layer with your bubble in the middle then topped with another light layer works well. Wrapping some up in a little piece of cotton material (or an unrolled q-tip) also seems to work well.

Whatever way you go I just suggest keeping the stem/UD combo either horizontal or inverted so you don't get any melty/gooey mess in the UD itself. :peace:

Top Bottom