Underdog Log Vapes

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ooh, was that the cebil twig perhaps Rick? I love that one so much! I have tried to convince Dave to sell it to me two times already now without any luck, I still haven't given up on it entirely though... ;P

OhTheAgony,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Maybe it was one of these Pups.. I regularly travel with one (or more) of these little guys. :ninja:
travelingdogs.JPG

AdmiralAlpacha

I'm in love with the one laying down! Are those minidogs or just smaller pups? I remember reading awhile ago that you were working on several different dogs, including big dogs.

AdmiralAlpacha,

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
dave, im wondering whats the smallest dog youve ever made. im gonna order another pretty soon here, and id love a teeny tiny model. also guys, i took a spare ssv tube and connected one end to the glass stem and use my UD whip-mode now. fucking awesome hits. for awhile i thought water hits were the best hands down, but after playing with it like this......im not so sure anymore. Best Vape ive had or tried as of yet, for sure

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Woot! Did you make yourself a bunch of new ones Dave? That's cebil twig right there on the right of the can, right? He looks a bit darker since the last time I saw him, have the two of you been to Culebra again? :D

OhTheAgony,

AdmiralAlpacha

also guys, i took a spare ssv tube and connected one end to the glass stem and use my UD whip-mode now. fucking awesome hits. for awhile i thought water hits were the best hands down, but after playing with it like this......im not so sure anymore. Best Vape ive had or tried as of yet, for sure

I have been thinking about picking up some tubing and trying this for awhile now, you might have just convinced me :p

AdmiralAlpacha,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ AA - These are actually all old Pups, mostly Gen 1 stuff (current Dogs are Gen 3) that aren't made for 24/7 operation, some are the smaller 1/4" based core and some are the larger 3/8" core. The one laying down is a skinner Gen 1 Twig made of Black Walnut. It was probably one of the first 10 or so Dogs I ever made (if memory serves). :) I haven't gotten any new Dog designs out of the early prototype stage yet I've been so busy keeping the inventory up for all the new peeps we've been adding to the pack lately. Soon though hopefully...

@ DcTokeMan - Those are amoungst the smallest I've made, I think I did have one that was even a bit smaller but it's no longer with us. I typically don't make those for production and don't sell them because they aren't rated for 24/7 use and because of their very small size they run very hot and don't live long lives. I have custom made a couple for people who understood those limitations and were ok with them but for most people a Twig is about the smallest practical size with the best life. It's all kind of a balancing act of design and use compromise..

@ OTA - Yeah I guess maybe you guys haven't seen some of these before? I make lots of different things for in-house use or prototypes, etc that never meet the public lol. The Pup to the right of the can and to the far left are actually the same wood and what I thought at the time (when I milled it) was Cebil but after seeing it age and having more time to think about it I'm 90% sure it's actually Jobillo instead. :rolleyes: Oh and no unfortunately no recent trips to Culebra to work on our tans, that Pup has just gotten darker in his old age, a piece of wood can only take so much heat exposure before it starts to age them.. just like us humans I guess.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
@ OTA - lol I'll see what I can do dude.. :lol:

@ HES - I know right? I think it will look very similar to Lacewood when finished, maybe we'll find out next week. :brow:

Finished up in the shop for the evening, it's been very busy around here lately so late nights are a must even on the weekends. For now though I'll dust myself off and call it a night. Ok not quite yet let me post some pics first and answer some emails I guess lol..

First off how about a picture of the latest creepy-crawly to try and ambush me in the shop. I call him "Pinchy 2" and he's about 2.5" long and a quick little bugger. Eeeeek!
pinchy2.JPG

Next is just a fun picture of some recent stems annealing in the kiln, nothing special but I thought it looked cool.
stemsannealing.JPG

Third is a custom piece that I just finished a day or two ago whose future owner kindly offered to let me share pics of here in the forum (a lot of people don't like to share their Dog pics). Jatoba. Customer's own design which I think I pulled off pretty well.
Axl-UD.JPG

And last but not least a Twig from that nice orange Padauk I picked up yesterday. Hopefully it will stay this awesome color (or close to it) as it ages but only time will tell I suppose. Pretty huh?
Padauk.JPG

Alright Dogs that's it for now, off to work on the inbox a bit and then to relax for a bit on my Saturday night. :peace:

Beautiful work Dave - they keep get prettier!

SirusSirus

I've had my Dog now for two days. I also own a Volcano and a Pax. Honestly, the Underdog is my favorite of the three. The Volcano and the Pax are both quality vapes, but for me, they both have their shortcomings. Neither vape can be left on 24/7. Also, the Pax and the Volcano are not very conservative with your herb :mad: The Volcano is bulky... bags and spare parts must be purchased regularly. The Pax has a very restricted air flow and a few minor bugs to work out. That's to be expected with a new vape.

The Underdog is VERY conservative with your herb :D It works well with a large OR a small amount. The air flow is excellent, making for an easy draw and NO learning curve. There's practically no maintenance, plenty of spare parts are included, and it's small enough to travel. The Underdog is very stealthy and a beautifully hand made work of art which can be left on 24/7 so it's always ready. If you are new to vaping, this is the one for you. You will be producing DENSE clouds with no effort :evil:
as someone who's first vape was an underdog I completely agree!

I was originally looking at an arizer solo or extreme q, and then a dbv

as someone who's first vape was an underdog I completely agree!

I was originally looking at an arizer solo or extreme q, and then a dbv

SirusSirus,

AdmiralAlpacha

ur signature has Extreme Q in it. just use some of that tubing if u have any laying around

I don't use the whip often so I still have the original vinyl tubing, can anyone confirm that its heat resistance will be high enough to be connected to the dog?

AdmiralAlpacha,

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
I don't use the whip often so I still have the original vinyl tubing, can anyone confirm that its heat resistance will be high enough to be connected to the dog?
all u have to do is hookup the ud with the glass stem like normal, then attach the EQ whip to the end of the glass stem as an extension

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
@ OTA - Yeah I guess maybe you guys haven't seen some of these before? I make lots of different things for in-house use or prototypes, etc that never meet the public lol. The Pup to the right of the can and to the far left are actually the same wood and what I thought at the time (when I milled it) was Cebil but after seeing it age and having more time to think about it I'm 90% sure it's actually Jobillo instead. :rolleyes: Oh and no unfortunately no recent trips to Culebra to work on our tans, that Pup has just gotten darker in his old age, a piece of wood can only take so much heat exposure before it starts to age them.. just like us humans I guess.

What, cebil twig isn't cebil? :lmao:

That's priceless. I've always thought that was a particularly good looking piece of cebil though, with an extraordinary grain, lmao.

I think I'm just gonna keep calling it cebil twig anyways if you don't mind.

I have seen some pics of some of your personal Dogs, but I think you showed me those before the insulated core even existed so I guess they are some what outdated now.

I really like the looks of those small ones though, you should make some of those to sell too imo.

What happened to the pictures btw? They don't show up for me today.

OhTheAgony,

BF3808

I can't thank Dave enough. I'm already looking for my 2nd pup. Not in a rush but I'm always looking at his site for new pieces. I'm thinking about a smaller twig so I can actually carry that around and showoff, lol. Once my friends came over and tried it,,,they couldn't believe how much vapor was coming out of my pup although I packed very very little amount of flower. Now they ask me everyday to bring it over to their house. HELL NO! They better get their own because my pup is going to be home with me where it's safe. When I get a new twig,,,I'll carry that pup around. I was originally going to get SSV/ExQ but I'm so glad I picked up UD as my first vaporizer. There is no learning curve and it creates cloud like I was combusting. You just load and puff away.

I have been combusting for over 10 years now but ever since I've got my UnderDog,,,I have stopped combusting completely. When I tried combusting again the other night,,,I couldn't stand the taste of it. It tasted like crap compare to Underdog. This was the best investment I've made in 10 years by far. Knowing what I know now,,,I will gladly pay double or triple the price of what I got it for. IT'S THAT GOOD! I don't think I can live without one now.

Thanks Dave. How the hell do you make money when you give away so many extras and how the hell do you ship out so fast? I just ordered extras like 3 days ago and it's already here AND I live in Hawaii.THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I'm not complaining but MAN, I'm really impressed with your service and your generosity. I just can't thank you enough Dave!

I was thinking maybe Dave should put REVIEW section on his website although it might take some work. I'll be glad to be the first to put a 5 star review on it. Maybe it'll help some people who's thinking about switching from combusting to vaporizing but just need that little review from us happy, 100% satisfied customers!

BF3808

Maybe it was one of these Pups.. I regularly travel with one (or more) of these little guys. :ninja:
travelingdogs.JPG

Wow! I like them all! My pup needs a friend! I will get a smaller buddy for my pup pretty soon when I find one that I like...

BF3808,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
travelingdogs.JPG

I love the core when its slightly exposed above the rim a bit! They look sick Dave - your going top have to change the name of the company soon from underdog to overdog! :tup:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Ok - I think I definitely need a VV supply - as the holiday season quickly approaches funds become quite tight! Can anyone recommend something they have found that works well for the best price? I gotta cool my dog down a bit.

mvapes,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
Ok - I think I definitely need a VV supply - as the holiday season quickly approaches funds become quite tight! Can anyone recommend something they have found that works well for the best price? I gotta cool my dog down a bit.

you should check out this thread and ask your question in here. i think i saw something in there along the lines of a 'dimmer' which, again i think, can turn down the amount of power going into your UD and is cheaper than a variable power supply.

however if you want a VVPS, i have this one which has served me quite well and i've had it since mid-summer til now.

http://www.amazon.com/Tekpower-HY-1502-Power-Supply-1-5/dp/B003EGYRP6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352159353&sr=8-1&keywords=tekpower HY1502

the red flames a bit much but hey, it gets the job done.

edit: Dave also can sell you a pair of banana plugs for this VVPS to hook it up to your UD.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

bosox1362

Got my Underdog in the mail yeterday... Super fast shipping. I haven't gotten a chance to fire it up yet because I'm up to my neck studying for an actuarial exam.

Thanks again Dave. As soon as I get some free time, I'll take some pics and give my thoughts!

bosox1362,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ Chrohnie - thanks dude, glad you like the Jotaba piece

@ OTA - lol you can call it Cebil or whatever you like man I'll try to keep it all straightened out in my head lol.. not sure what issue you had with the pics, probably just a momentary issue I would appear.

,,,I will gladly pay double or triple the price of what I got it for. IT'S THAT GOOD! I don't think I can live without one now.

Thanks Dave. How the hell do you make money when you give away so many extras and how the hell do you ship out so fast?

Thanks man really glad you're so happy and excited about your Pup.. and I'm more than happy to sell you as many more as you can stockpile, I'll ship them by the pallet load if you like. :lol: As far as how do I make money? Er, well, I haven't actually figured out that part yet (just ask the Underdogette accountant)! Actually making a profit (and one that allows me to earn more than minimum wage) is on my 'to do list' for this coming year. Either that or find a bridge to live under that has 3phase power so I can continue my UD work. :doh: As far as the quick shipping goes I can't really take much credit there, the USPS is just on the ball with quick delivery times I guess. I do get them shipped out as quick as I physically can though so maybe that helps.

Seriously though I appreciate all the business you guys send my way and I feel very lucky to be able to do what I am. In all honesty I attribute the growth and success of UD over the last year or year and a half to all you guys, my great pack members who support me and enable me to do this. The flip side of that is that I work very, very hard to make a good product and in sufficient quantities to get them into your hands quickly. I also do my best to provide the kind of customer service that I'd like to get from other companies. I think I do good in this regard as well, though again to be honest I feel I've slipped a bit in the past 6-8 months. As I've gotten busier and busier I can no longer answer emails each and every day as they come in there's just too many of them, many days they come in faster than I can answer them.. there just aren't enough hours in the day, I know, I've been working 80-90hr weeks on UD for the past year. You guys make it worth it though! Seeing a new pack member come back and post "holy shit this thing is a monster!" or your guys videos of your little 'fog machines' help keep me motivated and pushing forward.

@mvapes - The Tekpower one that HES linked to is the one I used to buy wholesale and sell with UDs.. they work great, yeah the flames are a bit hokey but it works well. The cables we sell on the website work with that type of power supply (one with banana plugs) but not the tattoo style machines. I am going to put a tattoo machine compatible cord on the website but I just haven't had the TIME (see above lol) to get to it yet. So many things to do, so little time.

@bosox - glad your Dog arrived safe and sound dude, hope you enjoy using it and looking forward to some more updates. If you have questions or need help optimizing it for maximum fogginess this is the place to come.. your fellow pack members are the world pros at UD walking. :brow:

Ok, now I have to get back to building stuff.. assembling 2-3 dozen Pups for the next refresh and to go to our friends in France who have been waiting so patiently. :peace:

PDwasmy1st

Underdog what would be the best one for me, (have read almost all this thread) i currently have the pd and am very happy with it but i want another incase that goes wrong oneday , do yours last longer than the pd? or not ? did i read somewhere you saying that yours didnt last as long as a pd because yours run hotter? then im sure i also read yours run at same temp as a pd ? maybe you updated them?
Also my stems from ed's and original pd 1's will fit in your smaller dogs? dont they fit in the 3/8 bigger 1's? are the smaller dogs hotter and dont have as longer life span?
and is there silicon that you put your stem into?
I was looking at the poplar and the ash , or the rainbow poplar. thankyou in advance

PDwasmy1st,

BF3808

So my baby is finally, legitimately mine. After an extensive wait on the 'layaway' page, she should be on her way in a few days =].

Will be the first vape, and most definitely the most expensive piece I've bought to date.

-insert dog howl-
:dog:
b95829becd2b24ef09fbd3595979bf63_f329.jpg

Looks stunning! It's probably the best investment you've made in years. I used to combust myself but once you get the taste of vaporizer especially from UD,,,you'll never go back to combusting ever again. I never did and don't think I will.

Top Bottom