Underdog Log Vapes

djonkoman

I have a very handy and cheap stirring tool too.
you know these electric flycatchers?
m1aywoqw01c2.jpg

well I love them on my summernightly mosquitohunts, since I can catch them even in midflight sometimes, and I don't have the quickest reflexes especially when halfasleep, darkadjusted eyes and going on a groggy mosquitohunt when they're keeping me awake.

anyway I noticed that often mosquito's would just be stunned but not killed, and I needed the hold the button for long to be sure they were dead. wich is ineficient of you have more to hunt, so I went looking for ways to make it shock just a little bit harder.
took a few of them apart, and then one day I found the taken apart racket of ne of those laying around, and I realized those metal sticks are very convenient. they're soldered to a wire on only one end, so the other is perfect for stirring, no thiock solderbit on it. I forst started using them for a lot of different things, and eventually when I had the need for a stirtool it was the most logical choice.

I lose them often, but still have enough somewhere in a drawer, and if I clean up I usually find multiple.
and those electric flycatchers only cost 5 euro or so, probably cheaper if you buy at the right store at the right moment. I think I bought the ones I took apart for less as 5

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
I have a very handy and cheap stirring tool too.
you know these electric flycatchers?

At first, I thought you were going to say you had some elaborate scheme of using the mosquitoes as slave labor to stir up your screen for you, lol... letting my imagination get the best of me - glad I read your post through to the end!

sunsett70

m1aywoqw01c2.jpg

anyway I noticed that often mosquito's would just be stunned but not killed, and I needed the hold the button for long to be sure they were dead.
pardon the off topic - i noticed that for most models, when it is not fully charged it will just stun the bigger mozzies; but a fully charged & working model will give a satisfying "Pak!" when it catches the mosquito, literally see an exploding mosquito! quite fun when there is lot of mozzies around!

NewSchoolExplorer

I have a UD Red Oak Twig coming my way and I can’t wait till it gets to my door :D. Out of all this excitement I wanted to buy a glass piece specifically for my UD Twig so I went on to search. I went to and checked out two local places today and have looked at the inventory at ALT & BFG. I want a dewaar wubbler/bubbler and can’t decide which would be the best for a UD rig. Suggestions are welcome please. Recommendations are welcome but my budget is $300.

1. http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...ure-15-arm-bubbler-yellow-black-graffiti.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRE4yWBGdJY&hd=1

2. http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...e-glass-works-single-waffle-perc-tube-v2.html
a.

3. Vertigo 10 shower head/Arm?
a. http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie.../vertigo-glass-medium-10-arm-bubbler-red.html
b. http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...go-glass-medium-showerhead-bubbler-white.html

4. K-Nine 6 Arm Bubbler
a. Looks likes this but it’s the arm version
Never really heard of them before but it looked like it functioned well

5. Sheldon Black 6 arm
a. Looks exactly like the one at 2:40
b.

??. (Mobius Matrix Ion Bubbler) {My ideal bub but I have had the hardest time finding one for sale}
a.
[/media][/URL][/media]

This is a very hard decision can someone please help me decide.

NewSchoolExplorer,
Reactions: sunsett70

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Woah, that's some nice glass there dude.

I think that post belongs in the glass section though. Not that there aren't any experts here, but you might get a more expertized answer there. The customized vape thread is a good place to ask this, and I believe there is a special 'glass for log vapes' thread to somewhere.

It's out of my league anyway, but I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them.

Mobius is always sold out immediately as soon as something new gets out from what I've gather. I've noticed you're already on that in the classifieds though, so good luck.

I've wanted an Ion myself too for a while, but they are so hyped they are putting me off now. It has lost it's exclusiveness for me I'm afraid.

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

pardon the off topic - i noticed that for most models, when it is not fully charged it will just stun the bigger mozzies; but a fully charged & working model will give a satisfying "Pak!" when it catches the mosquito, literally see an exploding mosquito! quite fun when there is lot of mozzies around!
I do get the 'pak' and a spark, but never had an exploding mosquito...
one of the improvements I made is removing resistor wich uncharges the racket, usually it immediatly unloads and so there's no charge if you don't push the button, but if you remove that resistor it keeps on having a charge pretty long
and as a precaution I now always either thorow the caught mosquito's out the window, or I dump them in some old book or between 2 papers and squash them

ad maybe I SHOULD make them into slaves, would be convenient, they could also grab ytrichs that are too small for me to grab. altough ants probably would be better slaves(I've also tried keeping ants once, but had no room to overwinter them at a lower temp so they died, since I took the native species lasius niger wich usually have a wintersleep/rest)
(and with keeping ants I don't mean those jellythings, I had queens in testtubes, and one got to the stage of having small workers before winter began so I also fed those sugarwater and fruitflies)

NewSchoolExplorer

Thanks I already have been stocking that thread lol but was to medicated to realize to post in their hahaha. Thanks.

NewSchoolExplorer,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Just curious, but do you (or Dave) know how much the King weighs perhaps?

And Dave, are you not a daily toker then? I always assumed you were to be honest, or do you let Amanda do all the testing for you?

If so, can I have her job please :brow:

The King doesn't weigh much, maybe a pound or two... why, does it look heavy? ;)

No OTA, I am a daily toker but I just don't usually have the time play with the Dogs much. Oh sure a quick hit here or there but not usually a bunch of quality time. :spliff:

Ok, one more Underdog Update on Abysmal. The time I set aside to help him with a percentage of sales has ended (I waited for a few straggling payments to come in) and so now we can tally up what kind of help we've raised for him and then pass him on to others for more help. I think Rick @ Zapville is starting something soon or maybe already has started.

So it looks like we raised and sent him $565 a week or so ago. Since then I've taken in another $300 that I need to send over and have had him directly take payment of another $195. So in the course of a couple weeks we've raised him $1060! Damn nice work UDs! If you were all here the first round would be on me!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey ! Dave Abysmal Thanks and Gratitude for all your help and support. I wanna also thank to everyone else that took part with moral or financial support. Thats the only thing that gave me hope.
Today i got some expected bad news. My lawyer told me that i am going to be convicted for possesion but on a bad article .. which predicts penalties 1-6 years prison and 1500$-4000$ punishment.. My lawyer said that this is normal and they always apply for maximum punishment.. She says that she is not going to fight furiously to change the article of conviction so i can get only with administrative penalty.. She says that with a good lawyer like her i got 70 % chances that it goes only with administrative penalty but might have to take to second instance.. More to come in next few weeks. She said that my conviction is not going to be up in the next 2-3 weeks because it has been transformed from fast prosecution to normal.. (which means it can take up to 6 months.. but she'll rush the things ,but thats just promises ) \She says that even if i got 1-6 years it wont be in prison cuz she will appeal for conditional sentence because it is my first crime ever
-------------------------------------------
Other than that i decided to smash myself and drawn the trouble with a lot of vapor today.. and i am going in two hours on a big dubstep party "This is Dubstep" and i will have fun like it is end of days ..:rockon:

Sorry for my bad english but i am vaked as hell atm .

Love you FC people <3

Abysmal Vapor,

Hagbard Celine

Ok. I am definitely overdue to post these pics. I started out with the Blue Mahoe UD which I got 6 or 7 weeks ago. Looks and works fantastic, and I thought that was it for me. But when Dave posted his latest stuff a couple weeks ago, I absolutely loved the Movingui twigs he put up. I obsessed over them for several days, not knowing for sure what I would do. But on the last day to help Abysmal, I couldnt help myself. Just had to do it.

I have to say they look even better in person than they do in the pics. Both of them have these interesting holographic colorful undertones that are hard to photograph.

As far as a functional review, I couldnt add any more than has already been said many times. They work great. Even better than I had hoped I might add. Much better than the PD I had been using for a couple years now, IMO.

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Hey Ud members I tried uploading a video but it won't allow me to the way I used to imageshack. How are you guys uploading your video?

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
Guess I will have to register for a youtube account then :/

Hey Gonzo, you should message Stroh he was supposed to be taking over the Underdog youtube page to keep it better updated and manage the content better than I was doing. I'm hoping to get people to start uploading their videos there so they are all in one easy to find place. :tup:

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I will send him a PM Dave.

I have been experimenting pairing my Zapubler with everything today and here is a video of it with the UD and one of Alan's all glass turbo tubes. Sorry for video quality. In search of a good video camera....

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/41597441" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
A few questions. I am looking for a variable voltage power supply. In particular since I had two dogs I was wondering if there was a VVPS that allows for hooking up two dogs to the supply? I am currently looking around for a good VVPS that could run both my dogs with one unit. If that is not an option then a compact VVPS that I can stack on top of each other. Any suggestions?

Slightly Medicated,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
@ HES - My operating range for vaping is usually 12.5V - 13.3V depending on if I want high or low temp hits. I will go to 13.5V at times when using certain concentrates but this is rare. Nice pick up on the VVPS. That is the one I am using as well.

@ Slightly Medicated - The power supply HES linked above can run two pup if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.amazon.com/Tekpower-HY-1502-Power-Supply-1-5/dp/B003EGYRP6

Dave sells the connector to run multiple UD's

http://www.underdogvapes.com/catalog/accessories/electrical/power-splitter/

Hope that helps. Glad you guys are enjoying your pup.

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ Gonzo - cool video dude, that bubbler looks kinda retro-lightbulbish.. pretty awesome.

@ HES - I would really recommend not running your Dogs over 13.75v and only that high when needed/as needed but not to be left there long-term. Running higher than that WILL damage things and reduce the Dog's lifespan so proceed with caution. :science:

@ Slightly Medicated - A single power supply that can supply 2000ma (2A) of power will run two attached Dogs (with the splitter) at the same voltage as they are wired in parallel. So, no, you don't need a 24-30v power supply or anything like that as long as they're in parallel. For example I have a 12-14v (30A) power supply here using a 16-way splitter that I use for testing litters of new pups, all are powered at the same 12-14 volts whether it's 1 pup, 5 pups or 16 pups. :2c:

Alright back to work, I'm finishing up pieces to upload to the website here shortly for tonight's refresh. I don't recall exactly how many pieces but it's somewhere between 15-20 I think. They'll probably be up within an hour.. hope you all enjoy. :cool:

underdog,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Thanks for clearing that up Dave. Do you have a Variable Voltage Power Supply that you recommend? I am shopping around. I ordered the splitter and some extra silicone tubing tonight. Will try and find a VVPS soon. Not sure any local stores will have what I want. Frys Electronics might but I would imagine it would be the overprices $199 professional stuff. I will probably have to order from amazon or some place online. I trust your judgement since you design the product.

I can't want to see thew litter. I will check the site later. Thanks for the response!

Slightly Medicated,

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks for clearing that up Dave. Do you have a Variable Voltage Power Supply that you recommend? I am shopping around. I ordered the splitter and some extra silicone tubing tonight. Will try and find a VVPS soon. Not sure any local stores will have what I want. Frys Electronics might but I would imagine it would be the overprices $199 professional stuff. I will probably have to order from amazon or some place online. I trust your judgement since you design the product.

I can't want to see thew litter. I will check the site later. Thanks for the response!

Well the one that Gonzo linked to above is a pretty decent one and is priced pretty well too.. there are cheaper ones out there but I haven't has as much luck with them.

For a slightly more expensive supply with an ammeter so you can see how much power the Dogs are using in addition to the voltage I like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Mastech-Linea...JS/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&qid=1336199656&sr=8-37 I have two of these in the shop that I use for testing and they've served me well.

underdog,
Top Bottom