Underdog Log Vapes

darkrom

Great Scott!
You could just use some of it to build yourself the most beautiful storage shed EVER :brow:

Ab, sorry to hear about your UD dude. Lets talk about getting it back to Dave so he can try to reanimate it.

It would cost the price of a full sized house, but it sure would look good. :nod:

Who is AB anbd what happened to their dog :uhoh:

darkrom,

NewSchoolExplorer

I want to buy a UD in Red Oak Twig but at the same time want to wait and see what other finishes are going to be released too haha but I HATE the waiting game.

NewSchoolExplorer,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Must have missed that post somehow. Sorry to hear Abysmal. I hope you can just get a new core slapped in some day. Sounds neat to have a replacement on the way. Something new to shake things up.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Just do it NSE, you know you want to :brow:

That thing is soo pretty. If it wasn't treated with the walnut oil before I saw it it wouldn't have been available anymore ;)

OhTheAgony,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
You could just use some of it to build yourself the most beautiful storage shed EVER :brow:

Ab, sorry to hear about your UD dude. Lets talk about getting it back to Dave so he can try to reanimate it.

That would be a damn nice shed lol.. I think only celebrities can afford sheds like that. :shrug:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I got to take both pieces through a few sessions. I need to keep practicing some to make sure I get the best results every time. I am still working out the fine details.

Still trying to dial in:
how much medicine to put in the tube
how tight to pack it
how far up the tube versus how close to the warmer should be
how fast or slow to inhale

All of those factors change the temperature of the air and the amount of vapor I can produce. It is just a matter of finding the sweet spot for me. I am surprised at how little medicine it uses. It seems more efficient then the Arizer Solo. It also tastes much better. I really like my dogs so far. I will try and take some photos and videos soon. I was to tired today to get anything done.

I really like both models. They both work really well with my water pipe.

What do people find is the best way to get thick dense vapor and dark ABV?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Abysmal Vapor

I truly hope that you are freed for the ridiculous charges. I feel that you should use your experience to educate those within your country and bring changes to practices. Starting with the most important. Fight for non violence civil solutions between Law enforcement and citizens. Fight for equality. Fight for reason. Fight for knowledge. Once you have enlightened the minds of powerful they shall see reasoning behind laws and change for the better.

I know its a big task to do oneself. But I hope what this community provided you was more than money but LOVE, support, and care for one another. I do not know you but I know your hardships and injustice. Its important to Love your neighbor like your loved ones.

One Love,

Sincerely NSE

Thanks for those that helped. I hope the best for this brother of mine. Peace n Pot
Thanks for the kind words dude. There are many who tried to fight this there is even organization.. but it is also corrupted IMO cuz they do nothing.. They have lawyers which we should use for free.. My ass they wanted twice the money as my current lawyer just for being famous.
This what happened to me happened , happens and will happen for very long time ahead. One you go in the public the old communist secret service manner come handy. They start to bug your phone, track you friends and relatives even trying to scare people.. with all the dirt they can dig on anyone related to the one decided to speak open..
I am not saying that i don't have the power to be Martin Luther or Nelson Mandela.. but both had it really hard time right now.. and they will make sure i don't cuz i am already enchained to the system and being busted for pot and thats enough for people to look me as Bin Laden and be happy of my death..
(Excuse my weird humor i never know if it translatable or even has sence.. lol)
Here is an old funny short animation called the "Happy Guy" (1987). This is what they are doing around here with people trying to be free and happy.
-------------------------------
Darkrom and anyone else wondering. The core was jiggling around for some time and the solder/unwiring problem was predicted. My dog will be saved for sure , this beauty wont be left unfunctional for long time !
I am so psyched about the replacement.. so many pieces i like !
how far up the tube versus how close to the warmer should be ) (The closer the screen to the core is the smaller the load size the bigger the heat value)
how fast or slow to inhale (It doesn't matters with UD ,but i notice more thickness with a bit stronger/faster draw , :) !

Abysmal Vapor,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Congrats NSE. From what you were describing I think it will suit your needs very well. Let us know how you enjoy it. Dave is usually really quick with shipping.

Gonzo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Good for you NSE, you won't regret it I'm sure :tup:

SM, my way to cloud up a room:

-I have the screen 5mm (1/5 of an inch)from the heater port when inserted in a thick stem.
-put about 0,1gram of finely ground weed in the stem and pack it loosely (I just 'stab' the herb with a sharp stainless steel tool to make the air pockets go away if that makes sense)
-take a slow puf until I see the vapor going in my bong and then increase draw speed till I have a good lung full.

Works for me every time :)

OhTheAgony,

sunsett70

.... A tighter packing will allow the warm air to really heat the material for those thick hits.
gonzo, when using my dbv, i find that if too packed, the herb on top will get heated but not the bottom. Is this the same case, then would need to stir often?

sunsett70,

djonkoman

I just measured my screenposition, and with the glass stem my screen is now 8-9mm from the top(varies a bit since the apside of the glass stem is a bit diagonal)
but I change that position pretty often, but around that point

how much I load depends on the grind, the grinder I'm using right now has a grind on the coarse side, so often I load till the top, after a few hits it compacts to half
but if it's the last out of the grinder, it's only finer grinded plantmatter and more kief, I only load half since it compacts less. this last bit also gives the biggest clouds.
also how much I load depends a bit on other circumstances, like when I load a bit over half on the last bit when there's only a little, not enough for another full stem, remaining in the grinder and I want to put another strain in it

I always draw slow and long.
but I don't go for big clouds, still have to get a VV powersuply some day but for now still satisfied with just using the stockadaptor, I get tasty hits with a good high, just maybe not the huge clouds others are getting and light ABV
made another improvised bubbler from a clear glass bottle a few days ago(but now it's already harder to get an airtight seal, but fun to experiment with for a day), earlier I used beer bottles but with brown glass so I couldn't see the vapor.
now I used a clear glass bottle, and if I hit trough that(with a silicone stem, screenposition at where it was when I received it, and the other silicone stem with screenposition at 1-1,5 cm for hash), I do see blue fog in the bottle, but it isn't very thick, just improvised testbubbler tough. will once get something better, but for now I can experiment a bit with how I like wterfiltration. I will probably have money available for a waterfiltrationdevice in about a month.

I usually don't stir at first, only when the vapor starts thinning out I start stirring, stirring about every 2-3 hits
but with hash I stir from the beginning, every 2-3 hits unless it's still giving off plenty of vapor(right now I have a really soft nepal wich once it's going, doesn't need much stirring)

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I found instead of stirring I will pack the tube with my medicine. Then I will vaporize a hit. Then I kind of scrape off that first layer of vaporized medicine. After that do another hit and then scrape off a little more. I found I was getting dark ABV near the end of the tube but lighter towards the screen/middle of the tube. This makes things more consistent without the mess of stirring. I am getting 2-4 hits depending on the load I put in the tube.

They are working better today then yesterday. I think it took several hours to reach those ultra efficient temperatures. I accidentally pulled the power cable out of the king last night. It was still in the plug but was not fully connected. I did not notice till later when I went to pick it up and noticed it was not hot. Glad I got two of them... I just used the twig instead.

People talk about a variable power adapter. I went through the thread once and saw what everyone was talking about. I can't seem to find it again though. That happens in 100+ page threads. Can someone link me the product and explain it again?

The adapter that comes with the Underdog is 12v right? The variable volt adapter ranges from 3-13v? So I would be able to get 1 volt more power. How much hotter would that be? Also can you still run them 24/7 connected to a VV adapter particularly if it was set to max or 13v?

I don't like the AquaVape much. I prefer my water pipe setup. So far I have been able to get as dense of a cloud with the UD as I have with the Arizer Solo. The UD vapor tastes so much cleaner though. It also uses less then the Solo does to create the same density of vapor.

I took one of the spare wooden pokers he gave me and ran it thought my pencil sharpener. I gave it a little point so it stirs more efficiently. It kind of looks like a chop stick or knitting needle now. Honestly I could not be happier with my dogs. Thanks so much Dave!

BTW I love all the little bonus stuff you included. There were so many little extras it made my head spin. I am using one of the jars that the UnderButter was wrapped up and stored inside as my ABV container. I am using one of the little glass jars as my medicine storage container. I was using the prescription pill bottles they came in. I find the glass helps things keep at the right vaporizer moister content longer.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Glad you are enjoying the dogs. I'm going to try the layer scraping method today actually. Sounds neat.

Yeah the taste between the UD and solo is a huge leap IME as well. Solo tastes like some sort of metallic goopy robo farts to me. People swear that has been fixed, but at the same time Arizer denied the problem, then claimed they fixed it, and still gave no information about it. So they secretly fixed the problem that doesn't exist? :rolleyes: I like the pure taste given by the Underdogs. I think peace of mind is very important when some of us are vaping to control anxiety especially, the last thing you want is a vape that you suspect may be impure.

darkrom,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ SM - Looks like you're on the right track with the loading/stirring/scraping of your stem contents.. I'll let the experts here continue to advise since they probably get more practice than me. :lol:

@ NSE - thanks for the order dude, I boxed it up and shipped it out an hour ago so you should have it in a just a day or two. :tup:

Alright headed off to get some shop work done and then I need to sit down and tally up the last couple orders that were placed for Abysmal and let you all know what we raised for him in total.. much thanks to the community for all your help in getting our friend back on his feet.

Also, so no one forgets.. it looks like Rick @ Zapville (sp?) is running some specials to help Abysmal as well so you might want to check that out too. :peace:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yep, nice cloud there dude :tup:

I use a SSV poker myself to stir, but I also have a few of these as a cheap back up:

kitchen-craft-8-poultry-lacers-trussing-needles-twine-731-p.jpg

I can recommend something similar, I think you'll find it less messier to stir with and if you scrape the sharp end across your screen you can keep it clean a bit longer too.

My UD definitely out-clouds my Solo btw, even when I use a much faster draw speed on my UD then with the Solo. So just keep practicing dude :tup:
Not sure about which tastes better though, I just happen to have a very clean tasting Solo too.

Lets see, what else....oh yeah, variable voltage.

Dave used to sell one too, but he stopped supplying them unfortunately. I hope he will go back to stocking them one day though, I think they are a must for the more demanding user.

Some UD users like Darkrom and Gonzo still have one of the vv power supplies Dave use to supply I believe, but you can buy them on ebay or an electronics store too if you want to. Most go from 0 to 15V. I suggest checking out this thread if you want to know a little more about them.

I can only gamble about this, but I'd say one extra volt equals about 20 degrees Celsius. Don't hold me to that though, I've never actually measured it and only go by ABV color now. & I must ad I have a bit of a weird one with a slightly higher resistance, so your results may vary from mine, mine needs a slightly higher voltage then most to get to the same temperature. I don't think it's recommended to leave it on a higher voltage all day, I just turn it down a little between uses.

I think mine doesn't reach optimal potential until it's on for 4 to 5 hours to btw. It just seems to produce denser clouds and darker ABV when the whole mass of the vape is thoroughly heated ime.

Just curious, but do you (or Dave) know how much the King weighs perhaps?

And Dave, are you not a daily toker then? I always assumed you were to be honest, or do you let Amanda do all the testing for you?

If so, can I have her job please :brow:

Top Bottom