Underdog Log Vapes

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Now I see what you mean... I've got one of those plugs but never looked inside...:rolleyes: I think they're found on higher rated power supplies eg mine is on a 15V power supply.

hazy,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
The standard UD power supply plugs are the kind without the 2 inner pins. You can try to bend the contact 'flap' that's in the socket on the UD but much care needs to be taken because it is easy to break off.. and I can tell you from experience that leads to Dog problems. :o

For all those wondering why I've been away from FC so much lately that's just how much work I've had that needs doing. Been working on oodles of custom orders, some odd and end repair work and also trying to stock up on unclaimed pieces to restock the now nearly empty website. Also been adding a bunch of new equipment to the setup around here which should start to pay off in the coming weeks.. stay tuned.

Lastly we've been having so much rain I've been fighting to keep it out of the shop with limited success. I've decided that if the rain gets any worse I might take all the wood earmarked for UDs and use it to start building an Ark, now I just need to start gathering two of each strain and I''ll be good. :haw:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
And don't bring just wood-strains dude, you need some oily green ones as well :lol:

Some solar panels would be a good idea too, lol.

On the power plugs: I have no idea why there are two different plugs or what there used for most but I have many 12V chargers with a plug like the one pictured on the last page. All but my extension chord and car adapter use that one in fact. The adapter that came with my UD that only produces little over 11V even has one like that. I think I'm gonna cut of the chord of that one to use with my variable PSU if the screw-on plugs I ordered don't arrive before it does.

edit: I don't think many of you Underdogs watch the log-vape power supply thread, so I'm just gonna leave this here and make y'all curious... :cool:

led-dimmer.jpg

OhTheAgony,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I recently got one of those for $7 on ebay. I've got it hooked up to a 15V 2A power supply. It certainly works, but the knob is sensitive and moves too easily. You'd need to keep a meter hooked up to it so you can keep an eye on the voltage.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Sound nice (and)hazy ! Thx for the info both of O . I have one of those 15 v 2 A big supplies . i will hook it up with one of these for sure. I might consider although the version with the remote control.. Looks like a nice option :D.
LOL i am vaked.. i was about to write something... else.. Underdog where the fuck did you hide my recent memories ? :D(i've got even this crazy idea of Dave being some kind of psychic wizard psycho voyeur who summons his wooden dogs to bring him people's lost memories while medicating and uses them both for his own entertainment and to create an magic essence so he can summon even more mind stealing and even breath taking ,sock knock-offing pieces.. No mind , no breath ,no sock ? You are Underdogged . (Or Overfogged)
Lol btw.. i got myself talking to my vape..and it was going on fom some time without even noticing it..
Anyone else talks to their dog ?

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: okikir

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
And don't bring just wood-strains dude, you need some oily green ones as well :lol:

Some solar panels would be a good idea too, lol.

On the power plugs: I have no idea why there are two different plugs or what there used for most but I have many 12V chargers with a plug like the one pictured on the last page. All but my extension chord and car adapter use that one in fact. The adapter that came with my UD that only produces little over 11V even has one like that. I think I'm gonna cut of the chord of that one to use with my variable PSU if the screw-on plugs I ordered don't arrive before it does.

edit: I don't think many of you Underdogs watch the log-vape power supply thread, so I'm just gonna leave this here and make y'all curious... :cool:

led-dimmer.jpg

so i don't know much at all about electronics so bear with me here. i was thinking about getting a variable power supple for my UD cause i find that my ABV is just a little lighter than i would like it to be even after adjusting the screen position and also different packing methods. i know a lot of you UD's from EU like to have variable power supplies but this would still be reasonable for someone in the US to use right? and from what that thread you linked OTA, this stays within 12-14V? for only like 10 bucks this is too temping not to consider.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh no, you can still use it in the USA but this is just a dimmer switch. It will not make your UD run hotter, you need another PSU for that. A variable voltage PSU is probably your safest bet, I just want to use this to slightly turn down the power of my 13,8V PSU.

Thanks for the additional info Hazy. Do you think it's too sensitive to just mark a sweetspot on the knob and body with a marker so you can return to it?

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Crap, not as convenient as I hoped then. Thanks anyways, perhaps I'll just glue the knob in place, lol.

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ djonk - generator is already onboard no worries

@ OTA - solar panels are already up, if the clouds ever disappear I'm sure they'll work great. Funny I didn't mean strains of wood, I meant to fill the ark up with the green resiny strains. The ark itself will be made of my wood collection so when I need an UD body I'll just saw off a non-important piece of the boat and get to work.

@ Abysmal - dang you're on to my secret wizard secrets.. now I'll have to wipe your mind again. At least you'll enjoy it.

I'll be in and out all days if you Dogs need anything. Working on finishing pieces to get the website restocked and of course, as usual, the custom orders needing done too. :peace:

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
No more trees will grow when all of dry land is gone. But at least we'll have weed, lol. Pick me up when the time comes please.

Only two more Dogs left on the site and then they are all gone! I wonder what this crisis is people speak of, no one seems to have any trouble selling vapes
scratch_head.gif
Good thing they don't use petrol I guess.

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
No more trees will grow when all of dry land is gone. But at least we'll have weed, lol. Pick me up when the time comes please.

Only two more Dogs left on the site and then they are all gone! I wonder what this crisis is people speak of, no one seems to have any trouble selling vapes
scratch_head.gif

I'll see about picking you and as many other UDs as possible when the time comes. I suggest finding a tall building or mountain to wait for me on top of, send up Fog Signals so I can find you. Also, bring snacks and booze.

I'm working on getting pieces finished for the website, no worries it'll be stocked back up here pretty soon and also will be adding some more accessories, etc.

Ohhhh a petrol powered UD, awesome! Maybe I could mount one of those tiny gas powered RC car engines on one.. hahahaha.

vap999

It's too sensitive for that. Without a voltmeter you are lost.

I strongly disagree. These dimmer switches are as accurate and the settings as fully reproducible as any other solid-state dimmer switch - within +/- a few percent! They are as accurate as you can set the analog dial. Other variable-temperature vaporizers have been using these same analog (dial)-setting solid-state switches for years, with no problems reported. And I recall that one of the newer lines of log vaporizers now has a built-in dimmer.

As far as there being a problem with the sweet or desired setting (the dial) shifting, it is not problem if you pay attention, maybe secure it with a small piece of tape, etc.

[For those electronics knowledgeable: I've found these dimmer switches to be about as accurate (+/- few percent) as most any multi-meter (i.e., 2 fully-accurate or significant digits with the 3rd/last digit somewhat variable, e.g., between meters, temp. variations, etc.). These dimmers appear to work (step down) in 1/100th or other intervals of the current/amps, so there will never be absolute linearity. I've seen as near-perfect as practical linearity and reproducibility of power settings with these dimmers as could be measured (using a BK Precision 1735 power supply with digital voltage and current/amps display)]. And using a digital thermometer, I've confirmed associated rather precise control log-style vaporizer ambient/operating temperatures.

What is the extent of variations you see with your multimeter? When you try to return the dial to a desired, say marked, power setting, what extent of variations are you seeing?

vap999,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
vap999 by new line log with built-in variable temp.. What do you mean ? I know some Eterra moxie has it but it is not a new line log.. (i mean it was release 10 years ago.. wasn't it ?,although i agree it has most of the new line log features.. Fast heat up, small size, glass stems ,ceramic isulation.. :).)
------------------------
Ah yeah,, :) ! Thx Gonzo.. Also the epic vape too..
I consider those logs too but they are really more of a silver surfer/vaporbros type vape than typical logs. :)

Abysmal Vapor,

djonkoman

scratch_head.gif

we can solve that too, the native southamericans had some very interesting agriculural techniques before the spanish caused the downfall of their civlisations. one of wich was to make floating rafts in a lake, and on those rafts they would grow vegetables
(some others are terra preta, manmade very fertile soil wich now, a few hundred years later, is still much more fertile as the soil around it, they also had a system od ditches between beds, the water takes up warmth from the sun and gives it off to the soil in the beds, making it possible to start crops about 2 weeks earlier, and indians in both america's used the three sisters, a successfull companion planting method)

and @ underdog, you could probably skip the trip coming here, when the water rises that much we will probably be already drowned for a while before the water rises enough to launch the arch :p
if it wouldn't be for our dikes we would be livng with the fish already probably

djonkoman,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I strongly disagree. These dimmer switches are as accurate and the settings as fully reproducible as any other solid-state dimmer switch...

What is the extent of variations you see with your multimeter? When you try to return the dial to a desired, say marked, power setting, what extent of variations are you seeing?
You can disagree, but I've got one right here so I can see exactly how it behaves. If you've got the patience, then yes you can set it to whatever level you like, I'm not disputing that. However, as I said, the smallest movement changes the output quite a lot. Moving the dial a millimetre changes it by about 2V. The dial moves very easily, so I only need to touch the dial to throw it completely out. I would not dare to use this thing without a voltmeter hooked up to it. Maybe it's just the particular unit I have, who knows? I'm not telling anyone not to try one, just pointing out some facts about it from a user perspective.

hazy,
Wow I can't believe there are only two dogs left, well yea I can considering how good they are! The bishop has been my daily driver since I got it, it cranks out huge clouds with just a tiny amount of herb, and the silicon tubes will work on just about any glass piece. Hands down the best vape I've owned.

SpaceKracker,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm with you ever since I got mine on a higher voltage SpaceKracker.

I just keep watching those Cloud video's thinking "that thing has got nothing on my Dog, I don't get what all the fuzz is about".

I just want more dogs now.. :uhoh:

Djonko, when shit hits the fan I'll send Dave the coordinates for the Avero Tower, meet ya there to create some of those 'fog signals' :brow:

Dave, don't use one of those RC car engines plz, have you ever heard one up close?

My buddy just had a racing accident last weekend btw. He was at one of those big RC car tracks in Hamburg flipping over some cars that were upside down when a 8 pound truck hit him in the head at 65km/h. Blood everywhere and an ambulance picked him up, he now has 9 stitches in his head and has to stay in bed for a few more days because of a concussion. I always looked at it as one of the safest ways of racing myself, but I guess I was way off, lol.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

dorkus_molorkus

''I just keep watching those Cloud video's thinking "that thing has got nothing on my Dog, I don't get what all the fuzz is about".

Ive been wondering the same thing as well. I cant wait to hear from someone who has the both of them.
but the cloudage I am getting from my ud is nothing short of amazing. Its difficult to imagine anything being better than my UD.

I just didnt want to be the 1st to say it for fear of being flamed by cloud fanbois.

:lol: lolz OTA- imagine if you went over to the cloud thread and said that. :worms:

Im sure it would be a robust discussion. :D

dorkus_molorkus,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
''I just keep watching those Cloud video's thinking "that thing has got nothing on my Dog, I don't get what all the fuzz is about".

Ive been wondering the same thing as well. I cant wait to hear from someone who has the both of them.
but the cloudage I am getting from my ud is nothing short of amazing. Its difficult to imagine anything being better than my UD.

I just didnt want to be the 1st to say it for fear of being flamed by cloud fanbois.

:lol: lolz OTA- imagine if you went over to the cloud thread and said that. :worms:

Im sure it would be a robust discussion. :D

I kind of started feeling the same way after seeing the cloud run with standerd glass pieces. When I first saw a video with the glass that comes with it I thought it was amazing, but now, not really...

SpaceKracker,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
thanks for the clarification OTA. do you, or anyone who owns one, recommend a solid variable voltage PSU that isn't too expensive? i know next to nothing about electronics and wouldn't want to go blindly buying something that doesn't do what i want it to.

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Top Bottom