Underdog Log Vapes

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
No, the PD heat port is 3/8" OD.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my car adapter or inverter. When measured it gives off a >14V voltage, but it can't get my UD as warm as a different adapter I have that only gives off 12,2V :huh:

Did you measure it while it was under load? If not then that 14V measurement doesn't mean much.

hazy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Here's a pic of a PD next to a 1/4 inch UD.
2v01j0l.jpg

Stu,

djonkoman

I think I just made myself wait for my UD a day longer...
I was laying in bed, already awake but not willing to get out yet, when the door bell rang. didn't expect ,y UD till next week and it's 9 while I'm used to the packageservice coming around 11
so I think well fuck it, 'm staying in my bed
door bell rings 3 times with pauses, then I hear the sound of the mailslot, I walk downstairs after getting dressed... and indeed there's a slip from the mailman
and usually they just deliver it to the nweighbours in a case like this, but not this time... there's a code on it wich you can use on the site of the mailcompany to choose when you want it but it doesn't work, the slip says that if you don't do anything it will be delivered the next day, same time tough.
so now I'll just have to make sure I'm out of my bed a little earlier tomorrow

I think the mailcompanies made some improvements or so, I'm used topackages from the US taking at least 10 days
a little before christmas I also got 2 packages thst were this fast but I thought they just hired some extra people to get trough the christmasload or so

djonkoman,

Brood

I have read many posts with the keyword flavor and taste, but I can't find the answer to my specific question:

I have a PD, and it's great, but there are some trivial shortcomings:

• Particulates fall into the heat exchanger, burn up and the flavor is gross after that happens.
  • The wood flavor is still present, and I've had it over a year.
  • The power cord sucks ass.
  • the stem wiggles while inside the unit, and easily falls out, especially if my lips are dry.
Of all these issues the only one that actually bugs me is the wood flavor.
Can anyone compare the flavor of the UD to the PD, SSV, or MFLB? I have all these vapes but I only want one goto vape when I'm at home. Right now it's the PD cuz of its stealth, beauty, efficiency and ease of use.
Will the UD cure some of my PD issues?
-B

Brood,

djonkoman

for the particulates, you can just hold it vertically or a little tilted upwards, that's what I did with my pd(altough ocassionally still some small bits would get in there)

the woodtaste could be due to exposure to wood or charring of the wood, I don't really know about the exposure to wood inside the UD, but about the charring, I think I've read dave saying that he fixed the charring issues(in a comment to someone saying the CRZ fixed the charring issues), but it's just something I picked up somewhere so dave should confirm if that's right
personally I never noticed a bothersome woodtaste to my PD tough, it did have a, IMO pleasant, woodsmell if you held your nose above the PD

the stems of the UD are different, the PD stems go into the heatport, with room wich is why they wiggle, while the UD stems have a silicone bowl that goes around the heatporttube instead of in it, and so has a better seal and I think no wiggle, can confirm that tomorrow when I get my UD

the power cord I don't know since I never had a stock PD adaptor but one I bought myself(as non US-resident I have another input)
what exactly sucks about the powercord?

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
No, the PD heat port is 3/8" OD.

Did you measure it while it was under load? If not then that 14V measurement doesn't mean much.

Nah, I couldn't get one of those plugs with the screws locally so I have no way of measuring it under load, I just tried it out.

How come the inverter has to be measured under load while the regular adapters can be measured without btw. Not that I doubt that or anything, but I'm curious what the difference is between two things that seem so similar.

Brood (Herman?), if you end up ordering a UD you might want to consider asking Dave to use a different finish then he normally does (if this is an option at all) if you have really sensitive taste buds, mine is about a month old now but the taste/smell of the walnut oil is still clearly noticeable to me.

The UD has a screen in the heater port, so nothing should fall in.

The UD glass stems use a thin silicon bowl which might be a little loose if you pull on the stem with your lips, the regular stem is just a single piece of thicker silicon tubing which fits pretty tight around the heater core and shouldn't come loose to easily.

Balen Djonko, maar vroeg naar bed vanavond! ;)

OhTheAgony,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
How come the inverter has to be measured under load while the regular adapters can be measured without btw.
Without knowing exactly what equipment you have, I would recommend measuring all power supplies under load to get a definitive measurement.

hazy,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
oh so another question about my future UD :tup: , how do I hook it up to my water pipe? i would love to use this with water filtration. do i need to buy a special adapter or something? i've only owned a MFLB so i don't have any whips or glass elbow laying around.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

weedemon

enthusiast
oh so another question about my future UD :tup: , how do I hook it up to my water pipe? i would love to use this with water filtration. do i need to buy a special adapter or something? i've only owned a MFLB so i don't have any whips or glass elbow laying around.

it should just fit! use the silicone stem and it will create an awesome seal jsut like that!

very easy and the only way i use my dog now! :) I love vapor bonging!

weedemon,

placetime

it should just fit! use the silicone stem and it will create an awesome seal jsut like that!

very easy and the only way i use my dog now! :) I love vapor bonging!
Hey weedemon. Are you using something with a 14.4 or 18.8 GonG, or something with a conical bowl, or something else?
:peace:

placetime,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ HES - I think most people are able to get the silicone to mate with most any type of bowl or joint, at least as far as I've heard anyways.

Hows everything going will all you Dogs? You all have been keeping me so busy I haven't had much time to hang out and chat in the forums but I'm still around if anyone needs anything. For some reason I'm not getting updates from FC anymore with the new system so if anything important comes up email me directly or something.

In other news I'm getting closer to having this second batch of pieces ready to add to the website. I know everyone has been waiting patiently.. and.. well.. keep it up. :haw:

I had to stop working on the batch today to get one of my oldest friends dolled up and ready for adoption..
e635e207dac71906ba7a0af0f03ea752.jpg

this Dog has been with me since the early days but someone has finally decided to give it a good home.

underdog,

weedemon

enthusiast
Hey weedemon. Are you using something with a 14.4 or 18.8 GonG, or something with a conical bowl, or something else?
:peace:

yep i just use the bowl that came with the bong. the stem being silicone makes a great seal on the glass and is not a problem at all! (first time i ever used the bowl lol)

I tried withouth the bowl at first, and jsut to the stem, but that wasn`t working well for me. so then I added the bowl to the equation. and it works so well I don`t dry hit it anymore :p

djonkoman

I received my UD this morning, will try it out this afternoon, still thinking of wich movie I will watch with it
the main contenders are 'the pick of destiny' or 'up in smoke' since I haven't seen both for a while, but 'puff, puff, pass' and 'how high' are great too. and I always love 'growing op' too but have seen it quite recently

it really is even more beatifull as on the pics, the yellow wood between the lines has a really nice reflective shine to it and forms a wonderfull contrast with the darker lines, also like that one side is darker and one side more softer yellow, and the top has a nice stripe pattern of dark lines and nice light yellow

djonkoman,

okikir

zomg-3-1.gif

My puppy just arrived! Damn it looks great, can't wait to try it.
I have no time right now but be sure to get photos + report real soon!

okikir,

djonkoman

first test:
half an hour heatup-time, glass stem and one pinch of weed(thumb+indexfinger), with the adaptor wich dave sent me. abv still comes out green with some lightbrown, first 2 hits were similar to mediu PD-hit, the ones after that are whispy. when it stopped giving vapor I crushed it up a bit. still green btw.

I will now give it some more heatuptime, and then also try my own adaptor(since I'm in europe dave adviced me to get my own since some thers are having trouble with the europeplug-adaptor he includes)

and I'm buzzed, very nice buzz, from very little weed(red diesel), and taste was very nice too
and this UD just looks beautifull
edit: over time I now begin to notice that buzz is actually more a high than a buzz.. :D

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Congrats on the new toy man, I wonder what adapter you got and how it compares to the standard one.

Picture time ;)

ps: which shop did you get the red diesel from? Is it a sativa, indica or hybrid?

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

repelsteeltje, heard good things about it from friends, it has a very nice taste and the high I have now is pretty sativa(but not as pronounced as some of my own outdoor sativa from previous years, still some indica to the effect too)
but ofcourse I only had the low-temp now.
also had some in my VG earlier this week, but not so much wanted to save the rest for the arrival of my dog. in my VG it had a kind of spacey calming sativa effect, it worked very well before sleeping too but not in the knock-out sense like indica's, but more like thinking 'hmm, I could sleep right now and that would be nice, laying there in my nice cofy bed' , but while I was already sleepy before I vaped it
according to seedfinder it's mostly sativa, but if you look at the lineage there's also plenty of indica in the lineage

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Cool, I'll see if I can drop by there tomorrow and pick some up to try then. The Americans made me a bit curious about all the different diesel strains, but I only tried a diesel haze from Miami so far.

Thanks for the little review :tup:

edit: was that the bee-hive Dave? I think I was just looking at her yesterday. Not much of the old Dogs left anymore now I guess. I'm guessing 2 or 3 are still on the website?

Can't wait to see the new batch though. But take your time taking those pictures please. I noticed you didn't put up as many photo's for each Pup as you used to, I do hope that's not the new standard?

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

I once had a diesel from sacramento that I didn't like, was a year ago or so, a lot of my friends loved it but strangely I couldn't get high from it at all. it tasted very nice, but we would smoke it together and they would be really high and I was just completely sober.
but also another time a friend had some NYC diesel, no idea from wich shop, and I had some of my own harvest sativa, we each put in half and I rolled a pure joint from it, and that's maybe one of times I was the highest I ever was(altough there are also other contenders for that place, but only with bigger amounts or spacecake/brownies)

btw, I discovered my tibetan singing bowl is a nice resting place for stems

djonkoman,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Wow Dave, that Beehive is still one of my favorites to come out of the shop. Glad to see it found a new home.

Speaking of new homes..... The Queen is enjoying her new home in the Bahamas and is impressing everyone she is introduced to. Looks like you may have some new pups getting shipped to the Bahamas pretty soon Dave!

Gonzo,

darkrom

Great Scott!
@ HES - I think most people are able to get the silicone to mate with most any type of bowl or joint, at least as far as I've heard anyways.

Hows everything going will all you Dogs? You all have been keeping me so busy I haven't had much time to hang out and chat in the forums but I'm still around if anyone needs anything. For some reason I'm not getting updates from FC anymore with the new system so if anything important comes up email me directly or something.

In other news I'm getting closer to having this second batch of pieces ready to add to the website. I know everyone has been waiting patiently.. and.. well.. keep it up. :haw:

I had to stop working on the batch today to get one of my oldest friends dolled up and ready for adoption..
e635e207dac71906ba7a0af0f03ea752.jpg

this Dog has been with me since the early days but someone has finally decided to give it a good home.

I've always LOVED the beehive. Is the buyer a member here at all? I'm glad someone finally adopted it!

darkrom,
I was going to wait for his new logs to come out but just couldn't wait anymore. Just ordered the purple bishop!

SpaceKracker,
Top Bottom