Ultra low temp, short piece simple perc dabs

NickDlow

Log Hog
At what temp does it cease to be a dab and instead become a hit off a vape, like when we put concentrates in the Herbalizer on a pad at 445?

Is dabbing considered combustion? If not wouldn't it be considered vaping? I didn't think dabbing was its own 'thing'.

NickDlow,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
for me, the distinction is that a dab is a quick whoosh of a lot of product at once, that can only be done at high temps. it may or may not be partial combustion.

vaping concentrates, for me, has always been limited to using my regular vapes. and these always take a long time to consume a dab. I just ran a medium sized dab through a vape into bags and I got 12 hits before I started to feel like it was thinning out any.

but this is just how I see it and talk about it. are you guys the same, or do you see it differently? So when the OP was at 550, which is only 100 above my max of 445 on Herbie, I wonder at what temp it ceases to be a dab and instead is a series of concentrate hits from a vape?

stickstones,
Reactions: NorVape

2clicker

Observer
What temps are u having the best results with?

that is a bit hard to answer im afraid. i keep experimenting with dif wire (nickel and Ti) and dif style coils so the temps are fluctuating a bit. plus the Evic has to be set higher than most TC devices for some reason so even if i told you it wouldnt be accurate on any device besides the Evic. i can say that with the current Ti DBC im using now i get delicious hits at around 490-500. whispy but incredible flavor. the temp reading represents the temp of the wire. so in order to heat your wick/errl to vaping temps you have to set the device temp higher.

At what temp does it cease to be a dab and instead become a hit off a vape, like when we put concentrates in the Herbalizer on a pad at 445?

the way i see it... if you are loading dab sized loads for a single or couple of pulls then you are dabbing regardless of the device heating the errl or the temp its set at.

2clicker,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
the way i see it... if you are loading dab sized loads for a single or couple of pulls then you are dabbing regardless of the device heating the errl or the temp its set at.

so are you having a series of hits, or have you been able to continually reduce the size of the dab so that it is only one hit at low temps?

stickstones,

2clicker

Observer
so are you having a series of hits, or have you been able to continually reduce the size of the dab so that it is only one hit at low temps?

i try to take it all in one pull usually. i eyeball the dabs so some are larger than others and take 2 or more pulls, but usually just one long pull. if anything is left after the first rip it is a small amount and i sip that.

i do sip full dabs at times also tho when im not in the mood for monsters. i still have considered that dabbing, but now you have me thinking otherwise.

2clicker,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
yeah, we are blurring the lines here...I like it! For me, it was about the tool. If using a vape that can't combust, then that's not dabbing; that's vaping concentrate. But this brings to question at what temp do the concentrates start to combust?

you have found a dabbing tool that is also able to provide really nice, low temp sessions for a dual purpose machine...nice!

2clicker

Observer
yeah, we are blurring the lines here...I like it! For me, it was about the tool. If using a vape that can't combust, then that's not dabbing; that's vaping concentrate. But this brings to question at what temp do the concentrates start to combust?

you have found a dabbing tool that is also able to provide really nice, low temp sessions for a dual purpose machine...nice!

i was always under the assumption that "dabbing" was still vaping. just lots real quick, but w/out combustion. i know many do combust when traditionally dabbing, but they are just doing it wrong.

whatever its called... i LOVE it.:rockon:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think we're splitting hairs here lol. Whatever device I use personally for concentrates my objective is to get the temp as low as possible.

I was about to ask you 'Does that mean you prefer concentrate hits from your vapes more than a low temp nail hit?' but then looked at your sig and see you have a nail and an amazing log collection. Have you ever tried concentrates in an herbal vape at temps lower than 450? Like with an MV, Herbie or HerbalAire?

stickstones,
Reactions: 2clicker
Top Bottom