Ultimate Weed Accessory Collection Box

Would you be interested in a box to house your weed collection?

• Total voters

Rager951

Connoisseur
Like most of you guys out there, I have a growing collection of weed accessories (i.e. grinders, papers, glass jars, rollers, etc). Ive been looking around on the internet in an attempt to find the perfect box to keep all these items in a clean organized fashion with the ability to lock. Well, to my dismay I have yet to find anything remotely close to what I desire, but in the process of looking I kept coming up with new ideas for this "collection box."

Ideal dimensions would be about 1.5ft by 1ft by ~10 inch tall (depending on the size of your collection). It would have compartments for specific accessories such as for the items listed above. But why stop there? I began thinking and thought it would be really cool to integrate a kief collection system at the bottom, perhaps a slide out like the one on the right http://www.exoticzombie.com/photogallery/photo00023409/Mahog7x7.jpg. This calls for a multi level box which would hold rolling accessories on the top (Papers, Grinders, Rollers, Roaches, Clips, lighters) and would need to be no deeper than the height of your biggest grinder, perhaps 3 inches. The second tier would accommodate your small glass jars (i.e. size small 420jars), In my case a MFLB and accessories (WPA, PA), dishes, small pipes, and basically anything that doesnt fit the criteria for the first tier. This level would need to be about 5 inches tall, or the height of your jars. The last level would be designated for bud you want to collect kief from, so It would have a 70 micron screen at the bottom and below it would be a slide out coming from the front of the box in which to collect your kief (see example in link above). Another cool Idea I had was an integrated scale that would be built into the lid, so all you would see is the pressure plate, the screen, and the necessary buttons. As far as the way in which the box opens I was thinking perhaps the same way a tackle/tool box would open http://www.histackleboxshop.com/v/vspfiles/photos/Plano-6103-05-Tackle-Box-2T.jpg

The most important aspect of the box however, is its ability to securely lock. Obviously you wouldn't be able to lock the slide out kief shelf (or would you?), but you would be able to ensure the safekeeping of your prized collection. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this would be an awesome way to organize all those weed gadgets, but something tells me that this could potentially have a big market among stoners. Now, I am no woodworker by any means but I'm sure we have a few here on FC. Currently my collection is in a SentrySafe and often requires minutes of digging in order to find what I'm looking for. It would be very useful to have a nice organized box made out of a nice wood instead.

If you have any ideas to add to this, please say them! I am proud of my collection of weed paraphernalia and want to give it a proper home. If there is already a box like this please post a link, however, I was not able to find any similar to this. I appreciate those who took the time to read this, and would love to hear your opinions.

Edit: If you google "Wooden Tackle boxes" you will get the main Idea of the box, however the drawers on most of these are too shallow and would need customization for the kief collector.

Rager951,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have a lockable trunk for everything vapor related, and a daily tin. (Both shown in the picture) I have another case that has more stuff in it too.

2yzgehl.jpg

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I've just been keeping most mine in a one drawer end table (however its getting over crowded and messy), but since getting into GLASS I'm in a disaster of organization (or rather... lack of), as I clean my glass after each session and store away in the shipping box in bubble wrap and on a cellar shelf.

I recently picked up (free.... YAY), a lockable bank cash cage 2-drawer unit that I want to make an organizer insert for each level for smaller items. As well, I'm in the midst of building an overhead storage unit in the cellar that I want to felt line and make lockable to store my glass.

All for the sake of a 'stealth' hobby hideaway, yet in a safe and organized manner......

weedemon

enthusiast
i'd need a trunk too. vapes can be bulky depending on the ones you own. I don't have one, but i should keep an eye out for one someday.

weedemon,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I use a two drawer vertical locking file cabinet. Set me back about $40. My fault for needing it; having been a member of FC for a few years now. I also keep a backpack handy with stuff I might need on a more regular basis - pipe, grinder, secondary vape, etc. A trunk would be nice but it's too bulky by comparison I think.

jeffp,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I use a two drawer vertical locking file cabinet. Set me back about $40. My fault for needing it; having been a member of FC for a few years now. I also keep a backpack handy with stuff I might need on a more regular basis - pipe, grinder, secondary vape, etc. A trunk would be nice but it's too bulky by comparison I think.

My trunk is very small, actually. That picture was taken next to the toilet in my bathroom, if that helps. It's only about 1 1/2 foot high, and 2 1/2 feet long.

Vicki,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Storage, storage, storage... I'm big on it. All of my old vaping/old combusting tools are all individually wrapped and bagged tightly, and in storage cases. I use a lot of zippered cases, such as camera cases, cases for various video equipment, etc appropriately sized for its contents. This all fits into zippered and insulated lunch boxes. Finally, everything goes into duffel bags. These measures ensure that everything I have stored away is smell-proof to humans, and easy to find when I need to use something I don't normally. I'm slowly selling off my old pieces and accessories that are of little sentimental value, perhaps one day all of my remaining stuff will fit proudly in an ornate trunk. For now, zipper cases satisfy my organizational OCD needs.

Rager951

Connoisseur
I would be interested in buying a wooden tackle box for my needs but they all seem to be very expensive, many ranging upwards of 150-200 dollars.

Rager951,

RussyRoo

My buddy's dad has his own workshop for his business so we're going to try and do this. We've been working on designs and he and his dad already knocked up a couple of prototypes on a smaller scale (currently used for smoking accessories)

I really need something for my cloud+HT now and although a case is good for travel, I'd rather have something a bit nicer for at home. Depending on costs of materials and how much time we'll have I might have a crack at making it able to accommodate my EQ and a couple of glass pieces as well.

I'll keep you posted!

RussyRoo,
Top Bottom