Ultimate Guide to Recycling Volcano Easy Valves w/ tons of pics

Volcano South

The Ultimate Guide to Recycle Volcano Easy Valves v1.0
By Volcano South
Published: 1/6/2009

Before we begin, a few words from an experienced Volcano owner. This guide should illustrate to anyone why the easy valve is the superior valve. S&B doesn?t advocate anyone recycle the easy valves but honestly, for a serious toker I?d be throwing away too much unrecyclablable plastic. Vapor is better for your lungs and recycling is better for the environment.

Also, a word about the guide found at http://vapenow.com/images/pshoots/ps20070925ev/imgpages/image000.html VapeNow. Their way of recycling the bags is wrong. You can see that they slip the bag into the ring then pull it out. This causes a HUGE RESTRICTION of vapor. Filling the bags is difficult and also emptying the bags is difficult because the bag wraps around the mouth piece and doesn?t allow vapor to be inhaled. Not to mention, installing the new ring into the valve is DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE because of the extra bagging you must push into the valve.

First, let?s talk about the bags.
Volcano OEM/Toppits Bags
3pacNEW300.jpg

Pros: Durable, 10? roll allows custom sizes. Easier to install than Reynolds.
Cons: Very noisy

Reynolds Oven Bags

Reynolds_Oven_Bags-resized200.jpg

Pros: Extremely quiet, can only hear the air pump and not the crinkle of the bag. Easily found at Wal-Mart
Cons: Not durable, because they are pre-sealed if you accidently let the bag overfill it can rupture the seam causing vapor loss on every bag filled after. Not easily installed because of huge size.

When dealing with Reynolds, I am often asked ? ?Turkey? or ?Large? size? Well, the large size is about 1.5x the amount of vapor of a stock Volcano bag. The turkey size is well? pretty massive. Maybe 2.5x the amount of vapor.

Materials:
- Disassembled Easy Valve (orange piece, clear inner ring, black o-ring, clear plastic X)
- Reynolds Oven Bags, Toppits Oven Bags or Volcano Oven Bags
- Scissors
- Gloves (optional)
- Patience

So you should have all these materials laid out in front of you. If you?ve yet to disassemble your valve cut the bag off, stick a flathead at the bottom of the plastic ring (picture) and pull hard. Wash off your vapor resin covered easy valve parts.
DSC_0013.jpg

Stretch the bag out flat and learn how it works.

DSC_0014.jpg

Now, you can put in the clear plastic ring. Remember, the flat side goes towards the top of the bag while the thinner part goes inside the easy valve. Just memorize how it looks when you disassemble it.

DSC_0015.jpg

Once the ring is in place take the excess bag above the ring and begin to join it to the two sides of the ring. Take care to make sure no area of the bag is below the ring, in other words, make sure the ring is completely inside the bag.
DSC_0016.jpg

I recommend twisting the excess at the top to make it easier to slide the rubber O-ring:

DSC_0017.jpg

Now you can slide your O-ring over the excess bag to prepare you to slide it on the (now covered by a bag) clear plastic ring.

DSC_0018-1.jpg

Get your black O-ring around the plastic ring as well as you can. This is the MOST IMPORTANT step, closely inspect and make sure there are no leaks and that the entire bag has been cut off from air by the black O-ring. This is VERY important.
DSC_0020.jpg

Take your scissors and begin to remove the excess bagging at the top. Make sure it?s extremely clean and tidy.
DSC_0021-1.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Now, this is the second most important part, DO NOT FORGET to put the clear plastic X back into the Easy Valve. I have built AWESOME bags before and forgot to put the X in the valve and had to take it all apart and start over.
DSC_0024.jpg

Finally, take your nicely assembled bag and place it gently into the valve, do not yet press hard. Line it up perfectly so that no one side will press down before the other side. Once it?s aligned and looking good FLIP IT OVER. (Why? You get more EQUAL leverage against the new bag and it snaps in place much easier!)

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Now, once it?s flipped over just push down hard. This is where the gloves come in handy. Some of you may need them, some of you may not. Completely optional.

Congrats. You?ve just made a better bag than what came with your Easy Valve. Notice that compared to the factory bags there?s no excess bagging near the beginning of the valve (in other words, the bag doesn?t tuck into the valve and then back out, all of the bag is in the valve!) Also notice that these bags will fill up a tad bit faster because of the decreased amount of bag blocking the valve opening.
DSC_0028-1.jpg

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice guide, looks like a much cleaner technique. Makes me wish I had a 'cano to test it out. :D

vtac,

VapeNow

Vapor Enthusiast
Retailer
I like your updated guide. The positioning of the ring inside the bag makes since. Need to get a link up on the site to your post. Thanks for catching our mistake.

VapeNow,

Volcano South

Oh no problem. Please do not mistake my comments about your guide as being rude or harsh. It's pretty obvious I used your guide first as a stepping stone and then put my own spin on it.

PS - You guys have really fast shipping :D I've ordered some stuff from you on eBay before :D

Please feel free to link. This guide is for everyone!

Volcano South,

ILoveRadiohead!

Nice guide.

Like vtac I wish I had a volcano of my own to try it out but i'll be passing the info along to friends.

ILoveRadiohead!,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i would like to see a pic of the bottom of the valve after the bag is attatched to it. im wondering if i would be able to attatch an easy valve to my extreme's elbow fitting.

illadelph,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
:cool: Nice guide Volcano South ! If i ever get a volcano i will give this a shot.

JohnnyVape,

trouble ethyl

Thanks for the guide. I'll have to try this out.

Have you ever had problems with the seal/valve starting to leak after replacing the bag?
I fell like eventually you'd have to trash the bag components.

trouble ethyl,
Top Bottom