UK buyer needs help with purchase decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I came to this site looking to find a a vaporizer for home use that is good for a single person and a small group. It also had to be under 150 (or close as possible) and doesn't need to have a bag attachment.

After a lot of reading my main 2 are Da Buddha and the Silver Surfer. So which one do you guys recommend? I'm also open to other suggestions as long as they can be delivered to the UK without going over budget.

as an aside: How do i know when I'm going too far with vaping? I've been using my friends vaporgenie lately and sometimes I get what looks like smoke and makes me cough a bit but doesn't feel or taste as harsh as smoke from a joint. Am I wandering into combustion territory or is this just a lot of hot vapor?

Dr. Boomstick,
On the first question, both the SSV and DBV are good and capable units which can give you big clouds of satisfying vapor. They are created by the same company and are cut form similar cloth, with the DBV being streamlined for mass production and making use of a ground glass joint, which creates a handsfree experience but a slightly less dense vapor than the spherical heater cover of the SSV. Make sure you shop around on either, and sorry if you already knew that. You can hook either into glass bongs or hookahs and take it to the next level. Other popular vapes around this price range to consider might include the Herbalaire, Extreme Q, Magickwand, or saving that money for the VXC launch. If you have an arsenal of glass and that's what you intend to mostly use, consider the VHW, LSV, Magickwand group.

To answer the second question, check your abv (already been vaped). Open the bowl and see how it looks. You should be approaching a good healthy brown before you dump, not wandering into blackening or charring of the material. The VG classic is well capable of delivering dense big clouds which can seem like they're wandering into smoke country but in reality are not - a benefit of its very wide bowl, I think. If your abv looks good, then steam ahead.

charliedontsurf,

max

Out to lunch
Everyonedoesit sells the DBV and SSV. Price isn't bad, but I'd check with some of our recommended dealers here. FC members can get discounts with the supplied codes, and that will help a lot with shipping cost. I know Vapeworld does int'l shipping.

If you like the idea of hands free I'd go with the DBV. If being able to have more control over your hits (think vapor density) is important, the standard connection SSV would be the one for you. They both have the same heater and electronics, so differences are just looks, ergonomics, and the vapor path.

I get what looks like smoke and makes me cough a bit but doesn't feel or taste as harsh as smoke from a joint.
High temp vapor gets thick and harsh. That's most likely what you're getting. Combustion is gonna produce some ash.

max,

VaporEyeSore

I was in the same boat as you about two months ago and I too am in the uk. I ended up going for the Silver Surfer with ground glass fittings. I went for the SS over Da Buddha because i wanted the fancy coloured glass (so looks really) and i thought the extra angle on it would be benificial. This however makes no real difference as even at horizontal the whip does not really spill and after first vape it all sticks together anyway so if money is tight i would say go for Da Buddha.
The SSV and DB are pretty much the same and everyone that has used mine has been blown away by it and looked into buying one and after having it for about a month have not needed to combust at all so i can not recomend this more highly.

The site www.everyonedoesit.com does sell them but i have not dealt with them.

This place www.euvaporizer.com is the EU dealer for SSV and DB but not sure what he charges, i have dealt with them and they are prompt and efficient but i would recomend giving him a ring first.

Go for it you will not be dissapointed is all i can say :)
Then all you have to think about is what vape you will need for out and about as DB will sort your needs at home.

VaporEyeSore,
Thanks for the quick and helpful responses!

On your advice i think I'm gonna go for Da Buddha. the hands free element and less variables is probably better for me and apparently I can and bells and whistles afterwards so thats awesome. also cost is more important than looks right now (even though the SS does look really good).

And i did keep my ABV. i was thinking I could maybe bake it or something later, but as it looks like I haven't vaped it fully I think I'll send it though my friends VG again :)

--------------------------------------

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...aporizer-buy-portable-vap.cfm?iProductID=8998

140 is the cheapest I've found. I also found it for that with free shipping on ebay but the seller said it could take up to a month to arrive.

Dr. Boomstick,

VaporEyeSore

if you are going to get it from ebay i would make sure it is a UK seller. EU Vaporizers are on there and i think that is his main place of sale.

If you buy from the US you gona have to pay 20% import duty. Its very tempting as 7th floor (themanufacturers) sell 'blemished' models cheap on ebay but if anything is wrong with it (as it was with mine....temp knob wasnt working) you would either send it to EU Vaporizers (which is how i know them) or send it to US.
Give the guy at EU Vapes a ring tomorow and you could be vaping the DB on friday eve m8 hes that promp if you ask him nicely

VaporEyeSore,

weedemon

enthusiast
im sure with either one you will be more than happy. the downward angle makes the ssv slightly better for vapin hash and concentrates i have heard though. personally i have never tied concentrates in the DBV so I can't really comment on that one. It may not even be a concern for you though.

good luck :)

weedemon,
Just ordered Da Buddha, should have it before 5 tomorrow. . . This feeling of wanting to buy another vape goes away right?. . . right?

Dr. Boomstick,

VaporEyeSore

No ! Unortunately it doesnt go away. Hasnt done for me anyway i think ive given up one exspensive habit (smoking) for another.

I guess because its all new we still look for the next best thing.

Please post back here m8 when you get it I would love to know your first impressions.

VaporEyeSore,
Well I still haven't got it yet. when i placed my order i was told it was in stock and would be shipped immediately. turns out it wasn't but it kept saying in stock on the website. I complained about this and the fact that a change in delivery days meant I'd have to take time off work. They refunded me the cost of shipping and I should be receiving it today or tomorrow. . . I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Dr. Boomstick,
everyonedoesit.com they're pretty reputable so I expected better. My experience doesn't seem to be the norm. Good news is it should definitely be here tomorrow to celebrate the end of my exams. will post how i get on.

Dr. Boomstick,

max

Out to lunch
EDIT does a lot of business, and it's understandable that they can sell out of a certain item, while it's still listed as 'in stock'.

They refunded me the cost of shipping
They didn't have to do that, and IMO that's a sign of excellent customer service. I don't think you have any grounds for complaint.

max,
max said:
EDIT does a lot of business, and it's understandable that they can sell out of a certain item, while it's still listed as 'in stock'.

They refunded me the cost of shipping
They didn't have to do that, and IMO that's a sign of excellent customer service. I don't think you have any grounds for complaint.

No, it's not understandable. They know how much they have in stock and should update more regularly. They definitely shouldn't process the order and take my money before they tell me it's out of stock. The item was at no point from then till now listed as out of stock. So you can't defend them there.

shipping being refunded is the minimum I expect from any company when a 140 purchase is delayed by so long.

They said the new stock would be in on the 26th and it would be shipped to me as soon as possible. It's been 2 working days since then so that is annoying as they promised delivery before 5 the next working day. If i don't get my item in the next 3 hours then they're 2 days late.

They have also taken at least a day to reply to my emails. Hardly 'excellent'.

So there are my grounds for complaint and I think they're valid.

Dr. Boomstick,

max

Out to lunch
You're entitled to your opinion. Mine is based on a lot of years of of dealing with various vape resellers, as well as decades of dealing with retailers, so I'll stick to my opinion.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom