Twitter CRAP - Back Button Not Working - Xenforo

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
HEY! What is this bit of twitter URL crappola that is injected between pages of FC. The "Back" button must be hit several times to step past these:

http: // platform . twitter . com / widgets / twe

PLEASE GET RID OF THIS!

(i'm going to blame this on vtac until he disabuses me of this notion)

Hippie Dickie,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Also happens on MassCops . com, which is also using XenForo to run their forum.

MODS: do not merge these posts

edit: uh, i'm not a member of masscops, just doing google to explore the problem

Hippie Dickie,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
wow. this thread is already showing up in google searches (below the fold). i must be really important, or they have nothing to do.

Hippie Dickie,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Also on chevelles . com (Team Chevelle), which uses © 2009 Team Chevelle - AutoForums - i guess that's different from XenForo.

But the interesting thing is the noticable delay before the page finishes loading. Somebody should buy Twitter faster servers or an extra dish. Or they should use a bigger Cloud.

Hippie Dickie,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Interesting. This is the first I've heard of the broken-back-button issue. Since it doesn't occur in Chrome, Firefox, or Opera, I'm going to blame it on Internet Explorer and recommend a new browser. :D

Edit: It appears to an issue with the facebook/twitter widgets and or Internet Explorer. Apparently IE is treating the individual elements as separate pages, adding them into history.

That's annoying. I'll remove the widgets until it's resolved.

vtac,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Thanks for your comment. i appreciate it.

Google search shows the issue going back over a year, but a lot of recent hits, too. i suspect twitter diddled with something -- their business model cometh, eh?

It does appear to be an IE problem. However, the internet is my life and i trust MS to get the monthly updates right, and i don't trust the others. If MS fucks up, all hell breaks loose, and they fix it.

Hippie Dickie,
Top Bottom