TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Early That you Really Liked......

indigal

Amongst the corn
Deadwood
New Amsterdam
The Shield
Journeyman
Canterbury's Law
Terminator- SCC (this one really grew on me for some reason)
Firefly
Wonderfalls
Manimal :D (kidding)

We no have cable, so Lib for some things.. but kinda po'd that any decently written show that we say "this is good, it won't last- doesn't.

indigal,

lwien

Firefly---------A Western Sci-Fi.

Really like Josh Whedon. Dollhouse and Terminator:Sara Conner Chronicles had their moments, but when the episodes were good, they were REALLY good.

lwien,

lwien

It just seems that some shows take awhile to jell. Sometimes, it takes some time for the chemistry between the actors to come together and for the writers to get into a rhythm, and it just seems that not enough time is given for that to happen and just when it does............bam, they pull the plug, and yet other garbage stays on the tube forever.

lwien,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Virtuality wins the award imo as the most promising show that never was. Released it as a "made for TV movie" instead of a pilot ep. Good premise and I was interested in the characters. Dammit.

indigal,

Frickr

CLONE HIGH on MTV, i just rediscovored it on youtube. also Drawn Together, only 2 seasons were made, both were halarious.

Frickr,

lwien

indigal said:
Virtuality wins the award imo as the most promising show that never was. Released it as a "made for TV movie" instead of a pilot ep. Good premise and I was interested in the characters. Dammit.
Agreed. Such a tease.

lwien,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
The Shield doesn't exist anymore? I watched a few episodes of that and it was great. Without spoiling, do they leave on some abrupt cliffhanger, or do things resolve?

Pseudonymous,

sour

Deadwood and Firefly. Joss Whedon fans should checkout Dollhouse, pretty cool sci-fi show.

sour,

lwien

sour said:
Deadwood and Firefly. Joss Whedon fans should checkout Dollhouse, pretty cool sci-fi show.
Dollhouse...........canceled. :mad:

Seems like Whedon and Fox just don't get along.

btw, did you see last weeks episode with Summer Glau? She really has it down when playing someone who's just a wee bit disturbed.

lwien,

Cr8z13

Going back a bit, My So Called Life. That one hurt the most, and there have been several since. More recently ABC's Invasion. I think the first cancellation that really pissed me off was Greatest American Hero.

Cr8z13,

standard

The all-time holder in my book is Star Trek. Canceled in 1969, the fans went ape-nuts for a decade until they start the movies a decade later, and the next generation almost a decade after that.

If the Firefly fans (myself included) are still bummed ten years from now, then we can talk.

Fox is the king of crappy cancels with it's friday night death slot. Check these Friday deaths:

Adventures of Brisco County Jr (Bruce Campbell's totally underrated series)
Sliders (found new life on sci-fi)
Dark Angel
Boston Public
Prison Break
The Lone Gunmen
Millenium
MANTIS
Freakylinks
Bernie Mac

OK, some of these probably deserved it...

For the older crowd, here's some more premature friday/saturday night deaths:
A-Team
Knight Rider
Diffrent Strokes
Twin Peaks
Lois & Clark
Get Smart
Everyone Hates Chris

standard,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Pseudonymous said:
The Shield doesn't exist anymore? I watched a few episodes of that and it was great. Without spoiling, do they leave on some abrupt cliffhanger, or do things resolve?
I only know it's gone, I've seen through season 6. We have no cable (in fact, no TV for about a year- internet TV only, and a projector for "big screen" nights.) Got it all from our library, except season 7 which they didn't have last time I checked. Just read the synopsis for season 7 (spoilers and all).. wow. That's some f/u stuff they threw down at the end. It was never a "light" show, kinda the reason I loved it.

indigal,

sour

lwien said:
sour said:
Dollhouse...........canceled. :mad:

Seems like Whedon and Fox just don't get along.

btw, did you see last weeks episode with Summer Glau? She really has it down when playing someone who's just a wee bit disturbed.
Ah nah I haven't seen it yet but looking forward to it. Summer Glau is hot. Ah another disturbed role loL!

sour,

Nchomsky

Across the board FIREFLY :D, One of the best sci-fi shows ever to grace television (My need was saved thankfully by BSG.) also Lucky Louie.

Nchomsky,

Cr8z13

Lots of love for Firefly here. I watched several episodes and didn't really dig it like I thought I would. Certainly not enough to watch the remaining eps.

Cr8z13,
Top Bottom