Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
The new update rocks ! No more unscheduled switch offs for me (cruise interruptions),fuck yeah ! Tubo is gettin close to perfect already . I was on a short vacation in nearby Greece with my gf and the Tubo served me well,i had to admit that i cant vape without water anymore.. i vape 100% of the time via water filtration,and maybe thats why i find direct draw irritation on anyvape.. anyway here is what i figured to get me going :)).. i might get some nice chinese glass hookah ,cause i really enjoyed this style.
P101020323249.jpg
P1010055ae72e.jpg

I also want to share how much i love to use my tubo as a kaleidoscopic device. Love the way the heater bends the light.
P10100160729d.jpg

P101000714511.jpg

Last edited:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
great! sounds like its working out alright with most useage patterns.

yes, sorry about the confusion with the .bin file. i will keep it consistent in the future.

i dont think we got rid of the disappearing cruise bar issue, had it three times in a row just now. sometimes works without issues for days. another random player. will need time to track this one down.

is it possible to flip the screen, i mainly use it upside down so would be a nice feature to add if its not already possible, thought i found it but the invert in the menu just changes the screen from black to white
already possible: press fire 5 times to turn off, hold +&- button until you see the screen flipped, 5 times to turn on again.

luke00978

great! sounds like its working out alright with most useage patterns.

yes, sorry about the confusion with the .bin file. i will keep it consistent in the future.

i dont think we got rid of the disappearing cruise bar issue, had it three times in a row just now. sometimes works without issues for days. another random player. will need time to track this one down.

already possible: press fire 5 times to turn off, hold +&- button until you see the screen flipped, 5 times to turn on again.

cheers works even better now, im still getting no cruise bar failure with the new firmware too, about the same rate as before

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
yup, I started getting no cruise bar again in my later tests. the improved battery life makes me not really care tho (not that it bothered me too much to begin with)

@Abysmal Vapor - beautiful pics dude. i really like your homemade water filtration setup, may have to do something similar (edit: i mean really that thing probably rips with how you have it set up. absolute chugger)

also i prefer the straight link to the bin files(as you did this time) as far as updating goes.

Last edited:

RelaxedNow

I updated the firmware a short while ago, and inserted a full stem of ground material. Unfortunately(?), my tolerance is really low right now, because I've been occupied and not toking as much as usual. So, after a few draws at 340F, I'm done for a while. Sorry, no testing data from me.

Fuck, I love this thing. :)

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
As long as you can receive mail and make the payment, I'd think you can order whatever. Whether or not you'll get hit with customs taxes/VAT or whatever depends on where you're located.

I'm a little less baked now and a bit sleepy, so I'll try temp stepping a few bowls with a fresh battery as described earlier and post results along way. Cheers.

Fresh HG2 - 120s cruise

cruise1: 98% @345f
cruise2: 73% @385f

ended that bowl at 73% also apparently. going to chill at 385f again as there's still some more left. had a coughing fit midway thru that second cruise.

got a drink and now 79% - cool

cruise3: 79% @385f (shut off with maybe 15s left - 'device too hot' - i shoulda stuck to the script and just cached it and started a new one)

bowl2 cruise 4: 66% @340f

slight interruption - turned off tubo and it cooled down in the meantime :(

bowl2 cruise5: 61% @380f (got 'weak battery' as soon as i entered cruise)

bowl3 cruise 6: 44% @340f (no 'weak battery' this time)

bowl3 cruise 7: 35% @375f - 15sec

one puff and then 'battery low' over all screen - cutting cruise off. must click fire button to move on.

bowl3 cruise 7.5: 31% @375f - 15 sec

again 'battery low' - got a few good puffs. bowl is pretty much cached. i'll let it cool and try another a bit later. i wish i had weighed each bowl and taken pics of abv but meh.

o shit i lied... wanted another hit after stirring just to see (not worth it)

bowl3 cruise 7.75 28% @380f - 15 sec

edit3:

time to finish

bowl4 cruise 8: 28% @340f - eeeeeeeehhhh fuck it - too much effort. low battery msg before vapor production. I think this is good for now.
Every new vape should be lucky enough to have a fc'er posting like this, nice one.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Every new vape should be lucky enough to have a fc'er posting like this, nice one.

thanks dude! I don't do anything special. i just get baked and report how it went. :) thanks go to fj for making this great thing.

I've been using whip as a mp for my waterpipe today (due to inspiration from @Abysmal Vapor ) and man, it is great!

I will say I put probably .6~ or so in those 3 bowls yesterday btw, I'm sure you could cache them quicker if you didn't pack as large bowls as me - thus getting more bowls per battery but :shrug:

I was also absolutely wrecked at the end of it (you bet I loaded a new battery and did that 4th bowl) so yeah, just me having some fun. hope it was useful!

little maggie

thanks dude! I don't do anything special. i just get baked and report how it went. :) thanks go to fj for making this great thing.

I've been using whip as a mp for my waterpipe today (due to inspiration from @Abysmal Vapor ) and man, it is great!

I will say I put probably .6~ or so in those 3 bowls yesterday btw, I'm sure you could cache them quicker if you didn't pack as large bowls as me - thus getting more bowls per battery but :shrug:

I was also absolutely wrecked at the end of it (you bet I loaded a new battery and did that 4th bowl) so yeah, just me having some fun. hope it was useful!
I'm a bit slow- have been trying to figure out how to use the whip with my bubbler but haven't succeeded. Can you post a picture?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I have one of the universal adapters from @Ratchett and that plugs into where I'd normally put my mouth. Then I just fit the whip into the opening of the silicone piece and off we go

gtxTeONQ4t.jpg

mine has somehow stayed in all day so guess i shoved it in there pretty good. really enjoying it
gtxTeONQ4t.jpg

Last edited:

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I've got a quick question for any concentrate-loving Tubo owners. How well could I expect this bad boy to perform if I were to load some oil into hemp fiber, pack the joint as one would with herb, and crank up the temp? I've been interested in getting a flower vape either way, but the Tubo in particular is really attractive to me and I'd be ecstatic if I could cruise on a fat glob on the go.

little maggie

This works great. I love being able to use the whip with water. It would do better with one of the long whips though. I'll have to get one.

I have one of the universal adapters from @Ratchett and that plugs into where I'd normally put my mouth. Then I just fit the whip into the opening of the silicone piece and off we go

gtxTeONQ4t.jpg

mine has somehow stayed in all day so guess i shoved it in there pretty good. really enjoying it
gtxTeONQ4t.jpg

VapeNugs

I am very interested in the TUBOx. Does this mean that if I already have a VTC Mini, and a Cuboid I could flash them with your custom firmware and use both with a single adapter style unit which is just as functional as the rest?

Sorry to bump my own post but I do not think this has been answered yet amongst all the glowing reviews for the released unit.

little maggie

Can't wait to get this, another vape I was waiting on just broke my heart.

LG HE2's are good for this vape right? I've got a 4 pack of and have barely used 2 of them.
I'm sorry your heart was broken. What vape was it? And yes, I use several different batteries and the HE2s work fine. The timing of getting one is great because the new software really saves battery life.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I'm sorry your heart was broken. What vape was it? And yes, I use several different batteries and the HE2s work fine. The timing of getting one is great because the new software really saves battery life.
The Nomad, I'm just being a dramatic baby though. Thanks for the reply, batteries are something I'm still pretty ignorant about.

That's good to hear about the batteries. Actually I have another battery question that's probably for @funkyjunky. The 2 battery model will be able to do 1 and 2 batteries because it comes with a special door/cover? Is that because it's not using the eciv tc mini? It doesn't have that capability right? People who get the 1 battery model couldn't get a new compartment to run 2?

little maggie

The Nomad, I'm just being a dramatic baby though. Thanks for the reply, batteries are something I'm still pretty ignorant about.

That's good to hear about the batteries. Actually I have another battery question that's probably for @funkyjunky. The 2 battery model will be able to do 1 and 2 batteries because it comes with a special door/cover? Is that because it's not using the eciv tc mini? It doesn't have that capability right? People who get the 1 battery model couldn't get a new compartment to run 2?
You'll probably be able to do a nomad review some time this year. Hopefully me to. Still the way FJ keeps upgrading his products the tubo may have no real competition even from the nomad.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Sorry to bump my own post but I do not think this has been answered yet amongst all the glowing reviews for the released unit.

I don't really understand what you mean, but if your mod can run the firmware - I assume you just connect the 510-tubo adapter for the tubo-x and you're good. I'm not sure if only specific mods can run the firmware or what.

@Marihuana it works fine with concentrates, but it's not amazing for efficiency.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
you all are very welcome and thank you too! also thanks much for the reports! for science of course! ;)

What's the status on the TUBOx??? When will be out for pre-order??? Anxiously awaiting!!!
hehe great! i will start another batch of heaters in about two to three weeks and will then go through the list (pm to be added) for wood/color selection.

I am very interested in the TUBOx. Does this mean that if I already have a VTC Mini, and a Cuboid I could flash them with your custom firmware and use both with a single adapter style unit which is just as functional as the rest?
yes it went under, missed replying then.
exactly. as muunch said, if you have a compatible mod you can upload the tubomyevic firmware and have full functionality over the heater, aka cruise mode up to 240s. depending on your mod you will be able to increase peak power.

Actually I have another battery question that's probably for @funkyjunky. The 2 battery model will be able to do 1 and 2 batteries because it comes with a special door/cover? Is that because it's not using the eciv tc mini? It doesn't have that capability right? People who get the 1 battery model couldn't get a new compartment to run 2?
the two battery model, the TUBO vtc dual, is based on an evic vtc dual mod which comes with both battery trays.
the og TUBO evic is based on an evic vtwo mini mod which has the magnetic battery lid.

they are not interchangeable. and no retrofit is possible.

that being said personally i think the battery door of the tubo evic is far superior than the single tray of the tubo vtc dual. the magnets make it very easy to open and close and also the battery comes out easier. but the two battery tray of the tubo vtc dual is very good.
given the choice i dont use my vtc dual in single tray configuration.
actually i think ill give the option to permanently alter the single tray to house a dummy battery which connects to the acadapter.

mod note: edited to fix broken quote

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom