RelaxedNow

Are people who are using the rimmed lids as herb chamber capping them or using as is?

what are people's preferences? I'd like to hear!

need to stop packing full stems... very bad for my tolerance...

also,
ive asked before but still not sure, using those baskets doesn't introduce any conduction does it?

I have only 1 that came with a rimmed lid and a flat cap for it. It was a sample and I would order more except for shipping cost. I really like it but it won't last forever. There is a screen in my stems so I use the rimmed lid as a cap and put the herb between the inside screen and the rimmed lid. I microdose.

I usually load it as @little maggie describes. Works great with the stems supplied by @funkyjunky. I could be wrong, but I've not noticed any conduction.

With @DDave's cooler, I use the rimmed cap as a bowl. So that I could load more herb, I'd like to use it the same as the Tubo stems, but the inner screen doesn't seat well when pushed all the way into the cooler stem. Nonetheless, the caps works well as a bowl if the herb is tamped a bit.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I joint pack quite generously but I need to get my tolerance to a more normal level, so was seeing what other ways we have... My internal screen is still fudged so I'll try a mini-ELB for microdosing purposes.

also as far as the Ddave cooler, I got a screen seated perfectly in the v3... Idk how but I did. didn't take too much, just one of the little tubo screens that I bought extra of just in case... my one issue is how dirty it gets. I have beautiful golden totally dab-able resin allll over the inside of it, but I gotta use the old stem milk tech to get it out :/

edit:

also just so it is clear:

I'm sure if I didn't use a ridiculous amount of herb, the "device too hot" would not occur for me anymore. I don't see many others saying anything about it since last update.

It is when I try and vape .5g in one sitting or kill a .3g stem; requiring lots of heat+heatsoaking to get it going that I get the error... and even then I can just use on-demand mode and still get vapor.

There are no "issues" that will prevent this from working that I have come across since I got it around 2?? maybe more months ago now. I've taken it on a long trip in car, and out and about etc. Used it with multiple friends getting 5 people high off of one of my full joint packs in just 1 cruise! Dropped it multiple times. Left same battery in, pass-thru charging from my PC for days. Ripped at 480 on bubbler (never max tho!)

I've pretty thoroughly used and abused this thing and saw someone post in another thread that they read about "issues" with this. Let me again be clear - I've had none that had any significant impact. I plan on using this thing until it crumbles into dust.

Last edited:

little maggie

Just curious about this. I mentioned the tubo in a different thread and someone responded that there have been "reliability" issues with the tubo. I'm not really sure what they meant by that. Have there been problems that haven't been fixed by software upgrades?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Likely people just assuming things.

I'll also be clear in stating that I air all my issues to @funkyjunky directly in this thread, as I figure it's best for visibility, and to see if anyone else is running into the same thing.

I just figured I'd clarify that at least on my end, if any lurkers have managed to get that impression.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Just curious about this. I mentioned the tubo in a different thread and someone responded that there have been "reliability" issues with the tubo. I'm not really sure what they meant by that. Have there been problems that haven't been fixed by software upgrades?
:D Unlike others this is a happy thread , no one is bitchin everyone is satisfied with the product. Tubo offers so much that others cant for twice the price and it is here,now and its real,even in the earliest stages of the software,the main function which is gettin you medicated was easy achievable no matter what glitches are encountered on the way,none of them is irritating enough to cause big time drama. Funkeyjunkey is a great guy,and would not believe that he would released the product if the issues were other than glitchin software.. :))
After the latest update my tubo works perfect. Only thing i noticed is that sometimes it says No Atomizer Found when battery is below 20%,this is not a big deal cause draining batteries more than that is not a good for their health anyway.
_-----------
Watching the crap going on in the other threads,i really feel bad for FC and the place it is becoming . When i first came here everyone was so chill and nice,supportive..,we had some dramas but nothing like this. After the 2 years grasshopper drama which played the nerves of many members and made them addicted to drama spilling and ranting on various products,also made many people loose their trust and get suspicious on smallest signs,there were also few other.Pre-ordering and crowdfunding added even more to the drama,. People are trying to get started in the vape business,without much experience beforehand in production and marketing .They are taking other peoples money with hope that their plane with fly off the ground and they will be able to keep them.. I am not saying this is bad but people should add this to their expectations,sadly being able to make a good vape is not the only thing needed to deliver it in hands of the people. I personally love handmade vapes and will always support those kind of vape makers,but would never put my money into something lying into a distant future.

Last edited:

little maggie

Thanks. I didn't think there were any issues that aren't livable so I was surprised at the comment. I've noticed that I need to open and reinstall the battery when I start another session. That's not a big deal and I just use that as an opportunity to put in a fully charged battery.

little maggie

I'd just like to say that I get no kickback (not even reduced shipping) from plugging the tubo. I feel like a broken record recommending it everywhere and I would be suspicious of someone else doing that.
And Vape Dr. is that a picture of a splinter in your picture? If so I'd really like to know how you compare it to the tubo but I don't know where that can be posted.

Bdubbdiblets

I'm having a lot of fun getting to know Tubo! This thing is legit. For those worried about not being very techie and it being too complicated...u should stop now as I am one of you....and have yet to do anything beyond loading my stem putting the battery in choose temp, press button, inhale. Dry. Although I'm sure all the other fancy stuff is pretty sweet too. Tubo works very well out of the box. As others reported no hot spots, even abv, stirring only necessary when chasing flavor and truly easy tasty clouds.

For what it's worth i also love this little pick, if I ever get anymore accessories shipped I will order an extra pick if possible as they are perfect little tools and well made.

If I didn't have an arsenal of heavy hitters right now I wouldn't hesitate grabbing a second Tubo for backup as this thing is now an essential part of my lineup. (I still might...:freak:)

My bent stem is a little loose and won't squeeze in place like the video suggests but it hits fine and is really not a problem..small stem squeezes right into place as the video shows.

Also haven't quite figured out an easy way to travel with Tubo and stem etc....at least not as easily as my vapcap and dynastash but im sure I'll figure something out...

Very well made quality product and extremely glad I have one!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Zow237

Have to do some more testing tubo but honestly I don't like cruise one bit. For some reason I can't take long pulls when in cruise. Mayb I'm using to little of material so to much heat? Idk still some testing to be done but I do like fire mode for sure! Instant heat up. I love looking at my tubo, it's just a fine piece of work. More to come :) o and first bowl at 390 on cruise combusted :( and yes my settings are correct.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Have to do some more testing tubo but honestly I don't like cruise one bit. For some reason I can't take long pulls when in cruise. Mayb I'm using to little of material so to much heat? Idk still some testing to be done but I do like fire mode for sure! Instant heat up. I love looking at my tubo, it's just a fine piece of work. More to come :) o and first bowl at 390 on cruise combusted :( and yes my settings are correct.
Well i never go that high , i get my ABV darker than i want at 180 C (on demand),others like it even darker but honestly i cant imagine going beyond 190-200 in cruise,for sure i will get unwanted results .I usually vape in the 155-175 range in cruise with at least a 1-2 minute heat up depending on how if it is cold or recently used.
In on demand i never go higher than 200c(210c when concentrates involved) ,i dont do on any vape , even on the x-max 2 i used to get dark brown abv at 392 F. I dont know how accurate these vapes are but IMO a experience vaporist should always start at the low end and work his way up at least in the testing phase,in my early years i always found myself wanting to overheat my load ,but now i have found that i prefer massive lower temp clouds,everything else feels degraded in terms of high to me.
I really understand why guys who kicked years long combustion would like hot hits. IMO they want to mimic the high of smoking,there the most of THC gets degraded due to overheating while some other compounds that make you stoned are less heat sensitive,so the balance gets shifted into their favor, making things looks stonier overall.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
The one time I tried 480 I pulled absolutely full force thru a bubbler. I wouldn't do it now. It was before cruise mode and fine-tuning things.

Since using cruise (and adjusting resistance) I think my temps are accurate. I like 335 for flavor, 360 for daytime sativa etc, 380+ for nighttime meds. I never go above 405 now.

Never came close to combusting except that one time... Settings were wrong after update. Coils were glowing red with the heat of a miniature sun and incinerated all the trichs/etc off my bud and left 3 pillars of vapor smouldering when I inspected, but no combustion. I vaped the rest of the bowl after I updated my settings to the correct ones (and stirred)

There is something odd with your Tubo if you're combusting at 390 imo. The resistance does change with heat, so make sure it's room temp when matching the locked resistance to the one on back of battery door.

edit:
Read pg 23 if you want to read about my thingy when it happened.

Make sure it is in the right mode also, @Zow237 - if your tubo is set correctly and somehow combusting at those temps I'll send you a potato in the mail.

420f is 420f regardless of how much you have in there, but I'm definitely not one to speak of using small doses... Smallest I did was maybe .1?

Last edited:

Zow237

The one time I tried 480 I pulled absolutely full force thru a bubbler. I wouldn't do it now. It was before cruise mode and fine-tuning things.

Since using cruise (and adjusting resistance) I think my temps are accurate. I like 335 for flavor, 360 for daytime sativa etc, 380+ for nighttime meds. I never go above 405 now.

Never came close to combusting except that one time... Settings were wrong after update. Coils were glowing red with the heat of a miniature sun and incinerated all the trichs/etc off my bud and left 3 pillars of vapor smouldering when I inspected, but no combustion. I vaped the rest of the bowl after I updated my settings to the correct ones (and stirred)

There is something odd with your Tubo if you're combusting at 390 imo. The resistance does change with heat, so make sure it's room temp when matching the locked resistance to the one on back of battery door.

edit:
Read pg 23 if you want to read about my thingy when it happened.

Make sure it is in the right mode also, @Zow237 - if your tubo is set correctly and somehow combusting at those temps I'll send you a potato in the mail.

420f is 420f regardless of how much you have in there, but I'm definitely not one to speak of using small doses... Smallest I did was maybe .1?

I wish I could understand this haha

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I'm either too high to help you, or you're too high to understand me... and the fact that I can't tell leads me to think it's the first one...

Make sure that all of your settings are correct, and adjust coil to the same resistance on back of battery door while it is at room temp

That's all I got. If you combusted at that temp, something is wrong I think.

Zow237

I'm either too high to help you, or you're too high to understand me... and the fact that I can't tell leads me to think it's the first one...

Make sure that all of your settings are correct, and adjust coil to the same resistance on back of battery door while it is at room temp

That's all I got. If you combusted at that temp, something is wrong I think.

Hahahah now I got it. Sounds like we were both a lil tooo high hahaha

little maggie

eVic_VTwo_Mini_01.png
Hey what's up everyone, new to the Tubo Evic forum and I'm interested in this vaporizer, can someone direct me where I can buy one, thanks.
message funkyjunky

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience with the Tubo while hiking, camping etc? How is the size/ portability of the unit in a setting like this? What about the glass stem, is it difficult to transport without breaking it? Could I load the unit in the morning, toss it in a backpack and just pull it out when I'm ready to take a hit?

I'm looking for my first vaporizer, and the Tubo certainly gets a lot of praise. Functionally, it seems like a perfect model for me, I'm just thinking about the size and ruggedness of it. (The stealth factor too, though in this regard it's perhaps not the best model.) Most of the photos and videos I've seen make it look like the Tubo is almost an "at-home portable".

little maggie

Does anyone have any experience with the Tubo while hiking, camping etc? How is the size/ portability of the unit in a setting like this? What about the glass stem, is it difficult to transport without breaking it? Could I load the unit in the morning, toss it in a backpack and just pull it out when I'm ready to take a hit?

I'm looking for my first vaporizer, and the Tubo certainly gets a lot of praise. Functionally, it seems like a perfect model for me, I'm just thinking about the size and ruggedness of it. (The stealth factor too, though in this regard it's perhaps not the best model.) Most of the photos and videos I've seen make it look like the Tubo is almost an "at-home portable".
In terms of glass stems, Ddave has stems that are in a pouch and designed to be prefilled. They are great for portability. The whip that comes with the tubo fits perfectly. https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p52/Quad_(4)_Preload_18mm_Stem_Pack.html
There are much smaller vapes like the vapcaps but the tubo fits in my pants pocket so I think it would work ok for camping and hiking.

Last edited:

Zow237

I take back what I said earlier about cruise mode. I had a very very nice tasty session :). The long stem with the whip gets hot as fuck though :(. Long stem is def a no go outside the car, But perfect in the car ;) I have to do some more testing but damn this thing is a beaut

Top Bottom