funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
long time no write!

the first bigger batch is almost complete and i dont need my anticipation level to be cranked anymore :p

very great post @vapen00b!
yes indeed when starting out cold its a natural temp stepping process as the system (glass tubes & bowl mainly) is robbing heat initially. once everything is heat soaked (hit 2 or 3, or with aggressive preheat) the full temperature is supplied to the load.

some have reported that sometimes after high temperature preheat and going back down the tubo is stuck with low wattage. a quick reinsert of the battery solves this instantly (see manual). its random and i see it very rarely myself. will try to haunt it down in the code :goon:.

and here is the updated battery safety and recommendation:
bAK2DsU.png

RelaxedNow

Hmmm....shipped last Thursday, arrived at the US border Monday afternoon (which is kinda long for Express shipping), and no tracking updates since. Of course, at some point USPS tracking takes over from the Swiss postal service, but I am signed up for tracking with "My USPS" and it's not showing up. I'm not upset about it, but I sure do wonder where it is.

I've been reading the Zion thread, which is really active right now. It includes some great examples of patience, as some of those people have been waiting a couple of years without requesting refunds. I think it's been been 9 days since I paid for my Tubo. Of course, it's all about expectations. :rant: :rofl:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Same here @RelaxedNow

Unless it just isn't going to get scanned until it's "out for delivery" (unlikely imo but what do I know) I'm expecting it'll start moving later this week/early next week and get to me sometime next week.

Of course I'm just mindlessly speculating but I do receive packages like... everyday so I'm pretty used to tracking things.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Hmmm....shipped last Thursday, arrived at the US border Monday afternoon (which is kinda long for Express shipping), and no tracking updates since. Of course, at some point USPS tracking takes over from the Swiss postal service, but I am signed up for tracking with "My USPS" and it's not showing up. I'm not upset about it, but I sure do wonder where it is.

I've been reading the Zion thread, which is really active right now. It includes some great examples of patience, as some of those people have been waiting a couple of years without requesting refunds. I think it's been been 9 days since I paid for my Tubo. Of course, it's all about expectations. :rant: :rofl:
yes i am not really satisfied with how shipping is progressing...
in the past, tracked priority packages have been stuck almost a week at the border and then progressed relatively slow. it seems to take up to 2 weeks from my door to the receiver (US). unfortunately this is out of my hands...

little maggie

yes i am not really satisfied with how shipping is progressing...
in the past, tracked priority packages have been stuck almost a week at the border and then progressed relatively slow. it seems to take up to 2 weeks from my door to the receiver (US). unfortunately this is out of my hands...
When I ordered you said it would be about 2 weeks so my expectation is based on that. Unfortunately you can't control even that. I think mine is at just about 2 weeks.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
When I ordered you said it would be about 2 weeks so my expectation is based on that. Unfortunately you can't control even that. I think mine is at just about 2 weeks.
yes. the eta i gave is based on the small sample size i have from previous packages. funny enough that priority seems to take as long as economy, with the difference of seeing it stuck and moving slowly...
as i said i am not satisfied at all. what i do is hope and push the packages forward telekinetically :spidey:

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Yeah, i never bother to track packages anymore. I just expect international to take 4 weeks and anything less is a bonus.

When i do track a package, it travels to parts of the world you wouldn't expect, and then on to others more obscure, and tracking almost always stops at the border.

Then...since it seems to have stopped for a while, i get paranoid that customs have it and after a curt, humourless inspection have informed interpol, the fbi, stassi etc and the Feds are poised to smash down my door....yeah, in my case at least, it's best not to know...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
gB3wHsj.jpg

This beauty was sent towards me yesterday,is a gift for my gfs birthday,i guess she will be more than happy with how good this unit turned out . It already appears on local post site's tracking . I expect it to be here in a few days! It sucks to hear that USA customers are experiencing delayed delivery due to customs check,but please remember that you are a bit spoiled by the great next day delivery option many of the shops in your country offers.. On our side in Europe we have to wait as long or even longer when we order from the USA :)).
I think that DHL are far more reliable shipping company than Swiss Posts,they also offer top notch customs representation . I dont know how are prices to the USA ,inside EU it cost around 32 euro (originally thought it was 20 but i just checked and it was 32 euro from Germany) and when i order from China it is around 30$ .U might wanna check how is pricing with them @funkyjunky .

Last edited:

RelaxedNow

yes. the eta i gave is based on the small sample size i have from previous packages. funny enough that priority seems to take as long as economy, with the difference of seeing it stuck and moving slowly...
as i said i am not satisfied at all. what i do is hope and push the packages forward telekinetically :spidey:

I'm just disappointed by the postal (or Customs?) delay, not by your service. I do wish your telekinetic powers were better developed though! Perhaps with more practice.....

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I thought the estimated time was a bit short. Even for priority, 7days from Europe to US is in the lower range of what I'd expect for a package.

I should have thought like @little maggie and skipped the tracking, as the fact it has barely updated is probably the only annoying thing about this. I got invoiced and etc way before I expected it so I'm still pretty happy.

RelaxedNow

I thought the estimated time was a bit short. Even for priority, 7days from Europe to US is in the lower range of what I'd expect for a package.

I should have thought like @little maggie and skipped the tracking, as the fact it has barely updated is probably the only annoying thing about this. I got invoiced and etc way before I expected it so I'm still pretty happy.

Yeah, I'm realizing I should have just quietly waited. My expectation was too high, as I have no experience with international shipping.

I think it's going to be a great vape, so it'll be worth waiting for in the end.

little maggie

long time no write!

the first bigger batch is almost complete and i dont need my anticipation level to be cranked anymore :p

very great post @vapen00b!
yes indeed when starting out cold its a natural temp stepping process as the system (glass tubes & bowl mainly) is robbing heat initially. once everything is heat soaked (hit 2 or 3, or with aggressive preheat) the full temperature is supplied to the load.

some have reported that sometimes after high temperature preheat and going back down the tubo is stuck with low wattage. a quick reinsert of the battery solves this instantly (see manual). its random and i see it very rarely myself. will try to haunt it down in the code :goon:.

and here is the updated battery safety and recommendation:
bAK2DsU.png
I started to buy batteries on Amazon and from what I read people were getting a lot of fakes. Can someone suggest a good place to buy batteries that will be less likely to be fakes? My zion should come tomorrow but Ryan was going to include batteries. I want to be ready for my tubo.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I started to buy batteries on Amazon and from what I read people were getting a lot of fakes. Can someone suggest a good place to buy batteries that will be less likely to be fakes? My zion should come tomorrow but Ryan was going to include batteries. I want to be ready for my tubo.

https://fasttech.com/product/2363400-authentic-samsung-inr18650-30q-3-6v-3000mah

Since the Zion batteries are two paired, you shouldn't use them in Tubo anyway and vice versa. I'm getting a 30Q with my Tubo order and LG Milaana batteries are perfectly fine to use here too (again, not in Zion though and vice versa). These are even cheaper than they were before so I may buy even though I don't need...

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I only took around 3-4 hits (each 20 secs.) - and this beast was just starting to begin the fun.. the second draw already gave goood vapor and each hit will punch a bit more while the glass coils heat soak further... geeez.
Finest thing about it is, I set it at 220C and it's like temp stepping by nature - the glass heats up with each hit, like reaching it's optimum around the 2-3 hit

I really like the sound of this. I used to do it with my nano while it was heating up, but would be a much longer slower session with the nano as it slowly gets to temp, wheras i generally prefer a quicker session. I can also never resist the urge to take a hit or two from any vape while it warms up...

Can't wait to try this with the tubo.

little maggie

https://fasttech.com/product/2363400-authentic-samsung-inr18650-30q-3-6v-3000mah

Since the Zion batteries are two paired, you shouldn't use them in Tubo anyway and vice versa. I'm getting a 30Q with my Tubo order and LG Milaana batteries are perfectly fine to use here too (again, not in Zion though and vice versa). These are even cheaper than they were before so I may buy even though I don't need...
I know this is an aside but when I try to order the batteries say free worldwide shipping but when I go to pay it says because they're batteries shipping is over $30 and everything else is greyed out. Is there a different company?

RelaxedNow

I know this is an aside but when I try to order the batteries say free worldwide shipping but when I go to pay it says because they're batteries shipping is over $30 and everything else is greyed out. Is there a different company?

You may want to try https://www.imrbatteries.com/18650-batteries/. 18650's are about $5.00 - $6.00 each. I bought two batteries and a 4-bay charger, and shipping was $10.00.

little maggie

You may want to try https://www.imrbatteries.com/18650-batteries/. 18650's are about $5.00 - $6.00 each. I bought two batteries and a 4-bay charger, and shipping was $10.00.
Thanks. I bought the samsungs for my tubic and LG for my Zion which just arrived. Different colors so I don't get confused. Those were a bit more expensive than fasttech ($6 each) but given the shipping quite a bit less.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah something is messed up, I tried contacting them so we'll see. My buddy also just went with IMR instead lol

Top Bottom