TS-VaporCANE fire eyes

Westinero

Excellent info. Thank you for this, clears up the confusion and frustration I’ve had just this weekend in diving into the materials and TCR settings in DNA and only seeing that damn .006.
I just managed to get my DNA 75 to work in temp mode for this atomizer, you need to go to escribe, add custom material in the materials tab, choose ss316 and then change tcr value to 0.00111 to 0.00220 should work, I kept it at 0.00220.
I hope it helps cheers

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I just managed to get my DNA 75 to work in temp mode for this atomizer, you need to go to escribe, add custom material in the materials tab, choose ss316 and then change tcr value to 0.00111 to 0.00220 should work, I kept it at 0.00220.
I hope it helps cheers
I also chose ss316 as the material on my DNA 75c. I haven’t changed the TCR value so whatever the preset value is for the ss316 material is what I’m running right now (would be nice if DNA mods or Escribe actually showed what the value is). I haven’t vaped on it yet, just got over a head cold so was playing around with set up last weekend. I’ll experiment and report back this weekend.

CanikUser19,

Fesob_31

… (would be nice if DNA mods or Escribe actually showed what the value is)

Evolv-DNA works with TFR curves. They are a series of TCR coefficients to create a non-linear “curve”. Up to 6 different TCR in a TFR curve.
So there wouldn’t be just one TCR value to show.

polopo54

Hi guys! I have a cople of Dreamwoods Glow 14 and am a big fan of 510 compatible devices since getting my hands on one. I did try TCR several times but always went back to wattage mode as I prefer the analog feel and full control over the session.

Now this VaporCane caugh my interest firstly due to its looks (amazing piece of art!) and secondly due to its coil which looks to be designed better than on the Glow with more surface area.

Is any of you guys using the VaporCane in wattage mode and could you share your experience? And if possible to compare the experience and performance with some other devices from the 510 family you've tried as well?

Cheers!

polopo54,
Reactions: KeroZen

magtoons

Hi guys! I have a cople of Dreamwoods Glow 14 and am a big fan of 510 compatible devices since getting my hands on one. I did try TCR several times but always went back to wattage mode as I prefer the analog feel and full control over the session.

Now this VaporCane caugh my interest firstly due to its looks (amazing piece of art!) and secondly due to its coil which looks to be designed better than on the Glow with more surface area.

Is any of you guys using the VaporCane in wattage mode and could you share your experience? And if possible to compare the experience and performance with some other devices from the 510 family you've tried as well?

Cheers!

Hey, I've been using mine for about two weeks in wattage mode. I don't want to compare this directly to other devices, but can share some of the things I like the most:
  • Tue, the device maker, is a pleasure to interact with. He's been super helpful and has provided a bunch of videos on cleaning and maintenance.
  • The bowl area is large and works equally well with very small amounts. There are no screens to deal with and it's easy to stir during sessions without losing material.
  • The oven stays surprisingly clean, and the entire device disassembles for easy cleaning, including the mouthpiece which is great.
  • Very little warm up time. I set mine on 30w and can get vapor usually within 10 seconds. At first, I thought the air flow was too high and didn't realize that there's an air flow ring. After adjusting I get nice fluffy vapor with amazing taste.

seedy53

Hey, I've been using mine for about two weeks in wattage mode. I don't want to compare this directly to other devices, but can share some of the things I like the most:
  • Tue, the device maker, is a pleasure to interact with. He's been super helpful and has provided a bunch of videos on cleaning and maintenance.
  • The bowl area is large and works equally well with very small amounts. There are no screens to deal with and it's easy to stir during sessions without losing material.
  • The oven stays surprisingly clean, and the entire device disassembles for easy cleaning, including the mouthpiece which is great.
  • Very little warm up time. I set mine on 30w and can get vapor usually within 10 seconds. At first, I thought the air flow was too high and didn't realize that there's an air flow ring. After adjusting I get nice fluffy vapor with amazing taste.
i'm totally dumb about 510 mod box vaps and don't know what to get to make vaporcane work like a champ. would some of you set me straight on what 510 box i need to use with vaporcane? remember the only 510 cart system i have ever used are the 510 stick pen battery vaporizer for about $15

seedy53,

XpeeN

i'm totally dumb about 510 mod box vaps and don't know what to get to make vaporcane work like a champ. would some of you set me straight on what 510 box i need to use with vaporcane? remember the only 510 cart system i have ever used are the 510 stick pen battery vaporizer for about $15
It depends what mode you gonna use. If you're using wattage, every mod that goes over 60w will do.
If you want to set up temp ctrl, you have 2 options:
  • A box mod that is AF \TUBO compatible, which are pretty hard to find these days
  • a DNA box mod.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
It depends what mode you gonna use. If you're using wattage, every mod that goes over 60w will do.
If you want to set up temp ctrl, you have 2 options:
  • A box mod that is AF \TUBO compatible, which are pretty hard to find these days
  • a DNA box mod.
Exactly this. For years I was AF/Tubo all day, every day. Recently started pivoting to more of a DNA experience for ease of set up and longer autofire option. But all three formats will work well with VaporCane.

CanikUser19,

XpeeN

Exactly this. For years I was AF/Tubo all day, every day. Recently started pivoting to more of a DNA experience for ease of set up and longer autofire option. But all three formats will work well with VaporCane.
Longer autofire? I can't imagine myself needing more than 60 secs of autofire, but you do you. The only reason I'm looking at DNAs is that I can't find any AF mod, and I feel like my wismec rx3 dual gonna die on me soon if I keep taking it outside, or at least be inconsistent (Sometimes I need to rescrew the bottom part because it starts reading the resistance wrong. If it happenes when you're out, you're screwed).

XpeeN,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Longer autofire? I can't imagine myself needing more than 60 secs of autofire, but you do you. The only reason I'm looking at DNAs is that I can't find any AF mod, and I feel like my wismec rx3 dual gonna die on me soon if I keep taking it outside, or at least be inconsistent (Sometimes I need to rescrew the bottom part because it starts reading the resistance wrong. If it happenes when you're out, you're screwed).
The longer autofire has come in particularly handy for the BAKx, but definitely don’t need more than 60secs for my other 510 vapes. Check your DMs.

CanikUser19,
Reactions: XpeeN

kokolokokolokon

Hi, could you share ur settings? Just got mine yesterday. Looks really cool
The settings are on the imgur title:

TC Mode SS 135C (28W)

I will try more configs to see if i can make a light sipper session and punchy ripper hits :D

By now i can say this is a very well calibrated 510 with stunning work on it and tasty vapor

Last edited:
kokolokokolokon,

kokolokokolokon

Only 135C (275F), is this correct?
Yes it is

That's really turning red, I'd try to avoid it if possible. I wonder how it works when on the edge of glowing/glowing faintly.
I wonder how i have to avoid the glowing in this vape while i tried some days ago the OG firefly and I didn’t read any complaints about it (sale for the ff2). Real question, i dint want to sound bad

kokolokokolokon,

XpeeN

I wonder how i have to avoid the glowing in this vape while i tried some days ago the OG firefly and I didn’t read any complaints about it (sale for the ff2). Real question, i dint want to sound bad
I'm not sure but I'm guessing ff don't use SS for their heater.
Try to force it to stop heating before it glow. I'd start by setting the temp to 240C (or other value that is set as an absolute max temp that you plan to use as celling and not even reach that temp (usually up to 5C below it is fine tho)), and set the TCR so it will faintly glow at that temp.

kokolokokolokon

I'm not sure but I'm guessing ff don't use SS for their heater.
Try to force it to stop heating before it glow. I'd start by setting the temp to 240C (or other value that is set as an absolute max temp that you plan to use as celling and not even reach that temp (usually up to 5C below it is fine tho)), and set the TCR so it will faintly glow at that temp.
If the firefly use titanium it would be worst (if i am not wrong).
I will try it too 👍. But my compatible mod (i he cane has too much diameter for the paramour) doesn’t have tcr, just tc (i have to check firmware updates).
The actual ss316L coil get hot on tc 135C mode. I will try to use more temp but without glowing it (and i will try to glow it a little like i was doing but with more power)

kokolokokolokon,

XpeeN

If the firefly use titanium it would be worst (if i am not wrong).
I don't think so, better to use SS316L. Although I think they're using kanthal while monitoring the temp, but it's irrelevant to this thread, we can discuss it at FF2's thread
Love the cute little window so you can see the slow vaporization of metal before you breathe it in to your lungs.
all depends how it performs with proper TCR... although I don't plan to bite this bullet.

XpeeN,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Love the cute little window so you can see the slow vaporization of metal before you breathe it in to your lungs.

It's a real shame because I like everything else about this vape. The wood, the craftsmanship, very nicely done.

Gonna be tricky to get that coil not to glow.

oddjobold,
Top Bottom