Trying to learn - Couchlog vs BakX vs Tinymight

bobothevaper

Hi gang,

VAS has stricken me like a cheap whore on a saturday night outside a restaurant in 17th century Florence waiting for this new dessert called Tiramisu.

I have had the pleasure of trying most portable vapes from Dynavaps to P80's and Firewoods.

Now I'm on a bong journey appreciating glass for the first time really and I think it's going to stick so I need something else than my dynavaps with wpa or my FW with the sliding stem and holding the button.

Wants:

Something that hits better than a SS Tip on a Bonger, something that's fairly good looking and easy to use/clean/maintain. I do have small kids in the house.

Research has pointed me towards three options - money is not an issue

1: Bakx - which it should be said is harder to find than a two-bit floozy on the run from the state troopers yet there may be a chance at the end of the month. I like it because I like anything Ralph makes, he's a decent dude with great taste and style and everyone is saying this is hot shit. I don't fancy going into the whole ecigmod spiel with resistance and software and stuff, but it's not a dealbreaker per say. Battery powered is a big plus.

2: Couchlog - looks freaking awesome, sounds like fun but is meant to be used plugged in which is a drag. Price is also on the more aggressive side like some small penis bouncer in a taiwanese night club in Taipei trying to compensate by using violence.

3: Tinymight - this one is the one that's least exciting for me being a portable battery powered vape. I'm sure it's great and all and easy to source, as are parts, and price is fairly decent with codes and french connections like some shady wine dealer who's protecting his farmer who had a bad harvest.

What I want to know if what you guys think about these options, and more importantly how they would differ in effect. Coming from dynavaps I guess they would all up my tolerance but there should still be some subtle differences and things to consider/avoid/dissapoint/notmentionedonlabel.

I guess I want the Bakx the most but need some reasons as to why the Couchlog is the better pick or the Tinymight. I have jhooks and bongs and stuff.

Oh, and I've discovered how satisfying it is to full all of the lungs at once, like some dragon on some HBO show constantly humped by some white haired princess type looking chick.

Cheers gang. Hope you have a night time today.

Durbandream

VAS has stricken me like a cheap whore on a saturday night outside a restaurant in 17th century Florence waiting for this new dessert called Tiramisu.
This is unnecessary, offensive and not funny.

3: Tinymight - this one is the one that's least exciting for me being a portable battery powered vape. I'm sure it's great and all and easy to source, as are parts, and price is fairly decent with codes and french connections like some shady wine dealer who's protecting his farmer who had a bad harvest.
The TM2 is easily the best overall vape I've encountered. It's well made, truly on-demand, stretches your herb because of the efficiency and one benefit of being a popular vape is that its easy to find 3rd party accessories for it, replacement parts and getting it repaired or replaced seems to be extremely easy.

bobothevaper

I'm confused by these statements. Do you like batteries or not?
I'm confused too my friend. Always. I like batteries I just have this sense they are weaker than mains.

This is unnecessary, offensive and not funny.
Sorry, I get how it may seem offensive but that was never my intention. I just wanted to show off my recently acquired knowledge of the history of Tiramisu. It was indeed invented in a restaurant next to a cheap brothel in Florence in the 17th century.

Durbandream

Sorry, I get how it may seem offensive but that was never my intention. I just wanted to show off my recently acquired knowledge of the history of Tiramisu. It was indeed invented in a restaurant next to a cheap brothel in Florence in the 17th century.
You don't need to explain it, the explanation doesn't change the fact that it was an ugly statement that came from a place you need to work on. Whatever you learned recently, that's not how you share it.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I'm sorry you were offended. I will refrain from making those jokes again.
I would like to say that I found your post really entertaining, and the bit about Tiramisu was educational as well. I don't see how the truth about history is offensive but you just can't please all of the people all of the time, right?

I've seen your posts in the Couchlog thread and tried to answer a few questions there. As another poster mentioned, in general desktops do hit harder.

The Couchlog has been my first and only desktop and I'm really pleased with it. I have it always on and ready for a hit. My use-case is to walk into the garage, fill my little glass 14mm injector bowl with about 0.1g flower, maybe sprinkle a "garnish" (a little hash or kief or budder on top), place it in my little 14mm dimpled glass pipe with the Couchlog on top and.... bliss.

This setup is all-glass, has just enough cooling for me but still has some warmth in the mouth and I can clear it in 2 lovely big hits and perhaps a small clean-up hit with a stir but not necessary. The whole process takes about a minute and if you blow out the ABV while hot, the glass stays clean for a while. The two glass pieces can be put in the dishwasher or sprayed with a little ISO when they need cleaning.

Since you're coming from a DV background, the Couchlog will also revive your DV collection like it did mine as you can use it like a flameless, convection heat source with them, bonus!

video

Lastly, as I mentioned in the CL thread, I finally figured out how to run it off a powerbank and it works great. Makes it very portable and the thing is tiny to begin with. I'm looking into powering it from 12V DC car adapter as well.

cosimo

Awsome and educational tiramisu comment.

As to your question, Id vote for CL or TM2. CL for at home use, TM2 for both at home or on the go.
If you are considering the CL over the TM2 but the price is discouraging, then you ought to consider the Enano XL. You would need to get a WPA for the Enano which would add from 20-35 usd to the price, but that XL is a beast. IMO the only advantage the CL has over the XL is that it's 12dcv.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Awsome and educational tiramisu comment.

As to your question, Id vote for CL or TM2. CL for at home use, TM2 for both at home or on the go.
If you are considering the CL over the TM2 but the price is discouraging, then you ought to consider the Enano XL. You would need to get a WPA for the Enano which would add from 20-35 usd to the price, but that XL is a beast. IMO the only advantage the CL has over the XL is that it's 12dcv.
Good point about the E-nano. I guess I can only really speak from experience about the Couchlog but I can see why the classic log vape style is popular. There's a ton of other good log vape companies out there to choose from at all price points so others are definitely worth a look. I picked the CL because I found it so versatile. You mentioned you had kids around so logs are safer than exposed coils too.

I don't own a TM but everyone loves them. Price is usually a sticking point for most but it's good you say that money isn't a limiting factor. I get by with my Airvape Legacy Pro and Davinci IQ2 as my portables outside the house and I think they're both great. Dynavaps too.

Edit: I want a Bakx myself someday as it looks totally cool. All glass, temperature controlled vaponic in my eyes. Good luck if you can score one. Then you gotta fiddle with box mod settings blah blah blah... effort required but probably worth it. I'm told they are not so portable (feel fragile).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well it sounds like you really like hybrid vapor, conduction bias? At least when I see that you like to use DV, and FW (although not sure which one) so I would say yeah definitely go for the BAK if you can grab one! Really awesome through water, I like them with small pieces, but they can do fine with larger pieces too... The conduction hybrid vapor really smacks with the full power, all glass path and chamber, easy cleaning, whole nugs and concentrates, great flavor and quick too...

Otherwise you really can't go wrong with any of those three I think! I also love the TM a lot but I use my tetra more at home through glass with water in particular

bobothevaper

Thanks all for the help. You know how VAS can get the strongest people to buckle under pressure, well I caved and have just ordered a Kingwood Couchlog. There’s still money to hunt for a bakx and if that hunt is not successful I have enough for a Tinymight. Couldn’t have done it without you. So thanks again. Time for some tiramisu I guess ❤️👏🧑‍🍳

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
You don't need to explain it, the explanation doesn't change the fact that it was an ugly statement that came from a place you need to work on. Whatever you learned recently, that's not how you share it.

Please leave moderating to moderators. If a post breaks the rules, use the Report button and do not respond. Whether or not it breaks the rules, if a post offends you and you feel you must respond, please use a PM.

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
The TM all the way!!! Very small package, takes very little material, you can turn it up and get monster hits. Only thing you have to clean is the stem and I recommend getting the Enano XL water piece adapter. You can carry around extra batteries, and I can load up back to back to back to back if I’m entertaining, without any issues. I use it on demand when I’m using it solo but when I am entertaining guest I turn it on auto mode which is extremely convenient. Fits right in your pocket and if you’re looking at it without the stem hanging out, it would be difficult to tell exactly what it is.

I use it exclusively with a bong!

Madtater

deleted.

Was gonna recommend a ball vape, but saw you have small kids. I dont know if you would be ok with that. I have one, but my kids are bigger and i only use it out in the garage.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks all for the help. You know how VAS can get the strongest people to buckle under pressure, well I caved and have just ordered a Kingwood Couchlog. There’s still money to hunt for a bakx and if that hunt is not successful I have enough for a Tinymight. Couldn’t have done it without you. So thanks again. Time for some tiramisu I guess ❤️👏🧑‍🍳

If you got the cash and are really into the hobby, then don't worry about this over that. You'll probably end up with all of them. ;)

The only vape I own out of the bunch you mention is the TM2. I also have kids around and this makes desktops and plug-in ball vapes exciting but an unreasonable choice. I have some plug-ins but they sit in a drawer for now.

So in the portable world I have really hit a wall myself. The TM2 is just so damn good and easy to use it makes it difficult to find something else to improve my experience. Rather than improving it, sometimes I want another vape because it adds some diversity or makes the experience new and different. Using the same vape every day gets boring. I don't think I want to use a torch on a regular basis, but a Tempest is tempting because the experience is new and interesting. Same with everything else I've looked at. My next vape might be the new Bowle, just to try something different. Then again, something like the Bak is so different and involved in the mod settings that I'm not interested in going down such a rabbit hole, but for others it is exciting (and I do hear it is an excellent vape).

Good luck in your adventures, and just to add. I thought your previous comments were entertaining. Don't worry about it unless the mods tell you otherwise.

bobothevaper

If you got the cash and are really into the hobby, then don't worry about this over that. You'll probably end up with all of them. ;)

The only vape I own out of the bunch you mention is the TM2. I also have kids around and this makes desktops and plug-in ball vapes exciting but an unreasonable choice. I have some plug-ins but they sit in a drawer for now.

So in the portable world I have really hit a wall myself. The TM2 is just so damn good and easy to use it makes it difficult to find something else to improve my experience. Rather than improving it, sometimes I want another vape because it adds some diversity or makes the experience new and different. Using the same vape every day gets boring. I don't think I want to use a torch on a regular basis, but a Tempest is tempting because the experience is new and interesting. Same with everything else I've looked at. My next vape might be the new Bowle, just to try something different. Then again, something like the Bak is so different and involved in the mod settings that I'm not interested in going down such a rabbit hole, but for others it is exciting (and I do hear it is an excellent vape).

Good luck in your adventures, and just to add. I thought your previous comments were entertaining. Don't worry about it unless the mods tell you otherwise.
Thank you for that. And you are not wrong in saying I'll most likely end up with all of them at some point :-)

And while I mentioned kids I only vape two places at home and both are next to power outlets so I’ll figure it out.

Kinda looking forward to not having “battery power remember to charge anxiety.” 😂

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
And while I mentioned kids I only vape two places at home and both are next to power outlets so I’ll figure it out.

Kinda looking forward to not having “battery power remember to charge anxiety.” 😂

Oh, I didn't realize you may be looking for a plug-in. I haven't used one in some time, since my trusty enano. However, if I wanted something real strong and plug-in I'd go for this setup myself. I've drooled over it after watching Troy and Jerry and Cewpins, but I just can't have all that stuff sitting out.

I've seen people take the most massive rips and the ball vape TH is cordless.

Top Bottom