Trying to decide on first vap, could use some friendly advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

detroit_fan

Hi all, this is my first post and you have a great website going here. If it wasn't for my ADD I could read it all day :p.

Here is my situation, I am a long time smoker but have NEVER been able to try a vaporizer before. No one I know has one so I can't try one out to see what style I like. Where I live the herbs are what I would call lower-mid to mid, not that awesome stuff the people in Cali can get. Will my quality of stuff be ok in a vape? Should I expect to use more or less herbs with a vape if they are mid quality?

Since I don't know what style I would like I am leaning towards the Extreme since it has several options. I don't need portability really, it will probably remain at home 99% of the time. What I am really interested in is a reliable well built product, reliable customer service, and a unit I can expect to work everyday for at leat a few years. I would also like something that is efficient since I don't have tons of herb to go around.

I have read quite a bit of the Extreme thread, but as I said earlier my ADD prevents me from being able to read everything and comprehend it. Are there any issues with the Extreme I need to be aware of? Is it pretty user friendly for someone like me who has never used a vape?

If the Extrme is what you would recomend, where is the best place to buy? I see Amazon sells them $299 with free shipping. Do I have to buy directly from the manufacturer to get their customer service?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but you guys seem to know a lot about the subject so I thought this would be the place to ask them.

I am open to any recomemdations and all are appreciated. I would like to pay no more than $300.

Thanks for any help:peace:

detroit_fan,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome df. You should read this at least- http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=530

The Extreme is the most versatile vape around, but personally I wouldn't recommend it unless you really intend to use both bag fill and direct draw. Digital makes long term reliability a lot more iffy vs. analog. We've seen quite a few Extremes come down with problems. The company's service is top rate, and you do have a 2 yr. warranty, but if long term problem free vaping is important to you, you need to weigh that in your decision. As for the dual mode use, filling bags is easy, but many people end up preferring the more concentrated vapor you can get from a whip unit. You don't get less vapor using bags, it's just more diluted with air.

You can buy most any brand name vape from any seller as long as it's new in box and you get a receipt. Many times the best deals are on eBay. Many on-line dealers also sell on eBay. The 'Warehouse Goods' seller has recently taken $250 with 'best offer' for an Extreme. They're a solid dealer.

Take some time to look at the different models that are popular here. We don't leave any good ones out. ;)

As for a vape stretching your herb supply, the consensus is that it does. The high is a little different. A lot of the reason for that is that you're missing some of the smoke by-products, which most people consider to be part of the cannabis high.

max,

jcw919

hey, i was in your position just a little while ago. I did get the Extreme and i love it. It was incredibly easy to pick up and use (with the help of the How to Use the Extreme Vaporizer thread) for someone whos never touched a vape before.Plus I love the fact that i can use bags and whips for it. They also are known for having fantastic customer service.I highly reccomend it.

I can't help you out on the "Where should i buy it?" question because i lucked out and got mine from someone here on the forums! I can tell you, though, that if you check out the reccomended resellers thread you can also find some codes to enter for 10 percent off. I would say its worth saving the 30 bucks

jcw919,

detroit_fan

Thanks for the replies. I think i'd like to give the extreme a try since it has the 2 year warranty, by that time i'll know if i like vapoizing or not.

I do have a couple more quick questions. What version is newest Extreme that shows the actual temp?

I see DieselVapors has the extreme for $250/free shipping. I see them listed in the good resellers list, but why are they so much cheaper than everyone else? No issues with them? Will I be gaurenteed to get the lateset version?

How long does it take to get one if I order right from Arizers website if i'm in the US? Would buying from Arizer be the only way to make sure I get the latest versions?

Thanks again fot the help everyone, I really appreciate it.

detroit_fan,

jcw919

DieselVapors is just a good site. You will most likey only find the new version. The new version goes up to 260 degrees C

jcw919,

detroit_fan

jcw919 said:
DieselVapors is just a good site. You will most likey only find the new version. The new version goes up to 260 degrees C
Thanks, I can't really pass up that price. Can't wait to try this thing out.

detroit_fan,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
max said:
Welcome df. You should read this at least- http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=530

The Extreme is the most versatile vape around, but personally I wouldn't recommend it unless you really intend to use both bag fill and direct draw. Digital makes long term reliability a lot more iffy vs. analog. We've seen quite a few Extremes come down with problems. The company's service is top rate, and you do have a 2 yr. warranty, but if long term problem free vaping is important to you, you need to weigh that in your decision. As for the dual mode use, filling bags is easy, but many people end up preferring the more concentrated vapor you can get from a whip unit. You don't get less vapor using bags, it's just more diluted with air.

You can buy most any brand name vape from any seller as long as it's new in box and you get a receipt. Many times the best deals are on eBay. Many on-line dealers also sell on eBay. The 'Warehouse Goods' seller has recently taken $250 with 'best offer' for an Extreme. They're a solid dealer.

Take some time to look at the different models that are popular here. We don't leave any good ones out. ;)

As for a vape stretching your herb supply, the consensus is that it does. The high is a little different. A lot of the reason for that is that you're missing some of the smoke by-products, which most people consider to be part of the cannabis high.
I ordered my extreme from dieselvapors for $245 shipped I got it in 3 days out of PA. Also got the latest version 3.0 Actually on their website they list it as version 3.0

umpnum14,

umpnum14

detroit_fan said:
Thanks for the replies. I think i'd like to give the extreme a try since it has the 2 year warranty, by that time i'll know if i like vapoizing or not.

I do have a couple more quick questions. What version is newest Extreme that shows the actual temp?

I see DieselVapors has the extreme for $250/free shipping. I see them listed in the good resellers list, but why are they so much cheaper than everyone else? No issues with them? Will I be gaurenteed to get the lateset version?

How long does it take to get one if I order right from Arizers website if i'm in the US? Would buying from Arizer be the only way to make sure I get the latest versions?

Thanks again fot the help everyone, I really appreciate it.
I believe there is also a limitation as to the lowest advertised price a retailer can advertise the Extreme for (currently $299 US and I think $259 Canada. Retailers can get around this by adding in value such as grinders, cases or using the coupon option. Which is what I did with dieselvapors

umpnum14,

StayClasy

Don Dante
I also am going to be a first time vape owner. I have no clue what to buy though, I was about to just say fuck it and buy the volcano, but it seems to me like there may be some other ones that may work just as good, that a re much cheaper. Anyone have any advice? I don't really want to order online, would rather get something from a local headshop.

This has probably been asked 1190342384093948 times, but I figure it'd just be better to ask again anyway.

StayClasy,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Hi StayClasy, welcome to FC, i would recommend taking some time and reading the threads in the Vaporizer Discussion forum here at FC. We have discussed in length most of the vaporizers on the market.

Survivalism,

umpnum14

StayClasy said:
IAnyone have any advice? I don't really want to order online, would rather get something from a local headshop.

This has probably been asked 1190342384093948 times, but I figure it'd just be better to ask again anyway.
Welcome to FC
Purchasing through a headshop will most likely limit your selection and increase your cost.
Im partial to the Extreme but I also own two others. Personally I like the fact it does, whip or balloon and has a remote.
What features are you looking for and what is your budget as that might help

umpnum14,

StayClasy

Don Dante
Really I don't really know what features I want, I guess I don't know a whole lot about vapes. What kind of features are we talking about here? I'd really like to just buy the best one out there I guess, but If I can find one that's $300 or less that's of great quality that'd be swell.

It probably wouldn't be that much of a trouble for me to save up for a Volcano, but I heard it's not even the best, people just consider it to be, because it is the most expensive. I would probably consider buying one online if it is the right deal, and it's reliable. I could probably get at least 10% off at this headshop I go to, or have the guy throw me in a nice bowl with my purchase.

One of my friends suggested I get that one that looks like lunchbox, but I forget the name now lol.

StayClasy,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
$300 will get you anything you want (bar the Volcano).

Have a read around, look at all the different types of vaporizers (whip, bag, combo, pipes, portable, heatguns/glass, PD :)) and something will stand out.

Stick to FC and talk to members, buy quality vapes that are tried and tested, you can't go wrong.

Chubba,

max

Out to lunch
Chubba said:
Add to that list the Aromed, A.P.E. Vape Desktop, any Herborizer or Verdamper, S. Vapezilla, Vaporfection, Evolutions, Volatizer VM3. I'm sure I've forgotten one or two.

StayClasy said:
It probably wouldn't be that much of a trouble for me to save up for a Volcano, but I heard it's not even the best, people just consider it to be, because it is the most expensive.
For some it is the best. It's the best for their particular wants/needs. But yeah, hype is still going strong for the 'cano. But the main thing is, it only fills bags. If you haven't tried both direct draw and bag delivery, how do you know you'd be happy only getting your vapor from a bag? It's an easy method to use-very little learning curve-just fill the bowl, attach the bag and turn it on. The vapor only varies according to how much you load. But it's also diluted vapor vs. most direct draw units, so taste is not as good. Most people that enjoy vapor taste and the 'vapor experience' like to use a direct draw unit, where you have more control over the amount of vapor per hit. And if you decide you want both methods, the herbalAire and Extreme are dual mode and a lot easier on your wallet.

One of my friends suggested I get that one that looks like lunchbox, but I forget the name now lol.
I'm betting that's the Vapir Vapormatic and that's bad advice. The temp is unstable and it only has a 90 day warranty.

Survivalism said:
i would recommend taking some time and reading the threads in the Vaporizer Discussion forum here at FC. We have discussed in length most of the vaporizers on the market.
I 2nd that suggestion. You need more info before you're ready to buy.

max,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Add to that list the Aromed, A.P.E. Vape Desktop, any Herborizer or Verdamper, S. Vapezilla, Vaporfection, Evolutions, Volatizer VM3. I'm sure I've forgotten one or two.
Herborizer is under $300.

I thought S. Vapezilla was shown to suck?

Chubba,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
btw to detroit or any other first time buyers looking into the extreme. diesel is selling a couple v2's cheap. i would check it out if i didnt already have one. :cool:

DieselVapors said:
I have 2 older Extremes from a production line of August 08. These units are what most would consider to be the 2nd gen that displays a max temp of 250c. The units are new and I will let them go for a great price.:o I am a Authorized dealer for Arizer so the units will come with a factor warranty. I also am a FC sponsor and received prior approval for this post. If interested please contact sales@dieselvapors.com with a offer.

I will pretty much (with in reason) take the two highest bids placed by this Friday If you are going to place a flat rate bid that will include shipping, then please include your zip code.

illadelph,

StayClasy

Don Dante
max said:
Chubba said:

StayClasy said:
It probably wouldn't be that much of a trouble for me to save up for a Volcano, but I heard it's not even the best, people just consider it to be, because it is the most expensive.
For some it is the best. It's the best for their particular wants/needs. But yeah, hype is still going strong for the 'cano. But the main thing is, it only fills bags. If you haven't tried both direct draw and bag delivery, how do you know you'd be happy only getting your vapor from a bag? It's an easy method to use-very little learning curve-just fill the bowl, attach the bag and turn it on. The vapor only varies according to how much you load. But it's also diluted vapor vs. most direct draw units, so taste is not as good. Most people that enjoy vapor taste and the 'vapor experience' like to use a direct draw unit, where you have more control over the amount of vapor per hit. And if you decide you want both methods, the herbalAire and Extreme are dual mode and a lot easier on your wallet.

I'm betting that's the Vapir Vapormatic and that's bad advice. The temp is unstable and it only has a 90 day warranty.

Survivalism said:
i would recommend taking some time and reading the threads in the Vaporizer Discussion forum here at FC. We have discussed in length most of the vaporizers on the market.
I 2nd that suggestion. You need more info before you're ready to buy.
Thanks for the reply man I have hit a vape a few times before, and one of the reasons I am buying it is basically the whole "vape experience". I really enjoyed the flavor and everything. I think maybe I should get one that has direct draw, and the bag, but I really just want one that is just great quality. I really don't want to buy something and have it be a piece of shit, you know? Right off the bat, do any of you have a few suggestions that I should take a look at. I was considering Volcano so price isn't really a big deal, but ya spending $300 or less would be great lol. Especially if I am ordering online.

I will read some more threads for sure though, I always just feel better asking myself...but hey

StayClasy,

umpnum14

StayClasy said:
I think maybe I should get one that has direct draw, and the bag, but I really just want one that is just great quality. I really don't want to buy something and have it be a piece of shit, you know?
Right off the bat, do any of you have a few suggestions that I should take a look at. I was considering Volcano so price isn't really a big deal, but ya spending $300 or less would be great lol. Especially if I am ordering online.

I will read some more threads for sure though, I always just feel better asking myself...but hey
Read through http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=32&p=1 it has direct draw, fan assist and bag for under 300 if you do some shopping you can get it under 250 shipped.
Also a great sit is vaporpedia.com to get quick glance at whats out there

umpnum14,

max

Out to lunch
Chubba said:
Herborizer is under $300.

I thought S. Vapezilla was shown to suck?
Where do you find a Herbo for under $300? The current exchange rate makes the cheapest Herbo (fixed temp Tube-249 Euros) $338 ($373 with shipping to the US). And what does the performance of the Super Vapezilla have to do with its price? As for saying it sucks, I'd limit that to the warranty and perhaps the construction materials and vapor path design. And to really say the materials and design suck, you'd have to compare to like competition, like the Vaporfection and Evolutions. I dislike the Vapezilla and the company that makes it, but just trying to be fair and accurate. ;)

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom