Trip to Jamaica! Any advice, details?

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
I can't wait! My dad is from Jamaica, so we will be staying with family.
I know it would be a stupid move to bring anything weed related, so I will probably be smoking joints the whole two weeks whether or not I get bud since my dad smokes. I really dont mind,I turn down joints offered probably about half the time, and with my weed I'll only vaporize but obviously I wont have a vape there.

Has anyone here on FC been to Jamaica? Would it be possible to buy a cheap decent vape I can leave there? How easy is it to get good bud? I'm used to the frosty nugs, is there alot of dirt weed there too to watch out for? Where are some cool places to go for fun and cultural experience? Im sure my dad will know some answers, but he hasn't been there in 26 years. Alot can happen in 26 years.

Even if you went there longer than 26 years ago, please share your experiences, I would really like to know how other peoples times were!;)

Edit: I know some people go there and expect it to be legal, weed growing everywhere ect. I do know this is not reality.

Titamius,

SD_haze

There's only one vaporizer I can wholeheartedly endorse as safe to both take ON an international flight, and actually bring it back safely.

How? Every inch of the Stainless Steel vaporgenie coil piece can be 100% cleaned with isopropyl alcohol.
But, unlike other vapes, the coil comes apart into totally harmless pieces.

You simply scatter the pieces among your carry on/checked luggage and you're good to go. Once disassembled, no one piece of the vaporgenie is suspicious or usable. Even if they were to somehow bring all the pieces together, there's no marking or branding "vaporgenie" and they definitely would not know how to put it togoether.

Best part is its $35 shipped to america :cool:

show_image_in_imgtag.php
show_image_in_imgtag.php

SD_haze,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
This is exactly what I am bringing with me in a few weeks to paradise Island. I still don't know if I'll risk bringing it back, but even if I dont, it's only $35!

Tstat,
Reactions: Titamius

Titamius

Thanks Haze, that sounds like a great idea! I was pretty much expecting to only be able to smoke there, but my time would be so much more enjoyable if I mostly vape. I never imagined there would be a vape that came apart like that and so discreetly, thats just awesome!:clap:

Titamius,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Love the Coil. It works great in bongs/bubblers, too. :cool:

I've never been to Jamaica, but I have bought my share of weed in the Caribbean. Just use good judgement and trust your instincts when buying locally. I don't know about Jamaica, but most of the weed I have purchased in the Caribbean has been shitty, but realatively inexpensive.

:peace:

Titamius

Sounds great, I'll probably order the Coil tomorrow since I'm leaving in a little over 3 weeks.
Thanks for your input Stu, Exactly how inexpensive was it? and how did it correlate with the exchange rate?

Titamius,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I don't recall tbh. I do, however remember that it was about half of what I was paying at the time for mids.

I would typically buy pre-rolled joints and they were only a couple of bucks each IIRC. Oh, and you have to haggle a little as they try to rip off tourists IME.

Enjoy!

:peace:

Stu,

Titamius

Good to know, thanks! I'm really hoping someone in my family there has some good stuff, then I wouldnt have to worry about people like that. No way to know till Im there though.:shrug:

Titamius,

djonkoman

there is a coffeeshop around here that has weed called 'jamaica' on their menu that is brown and compacted, but smells good(and pretty strong) and has a pretty good high too, so there should be some good weed there.

djonkoman,
I heard the best thing to do is get to know one of the locals. Go to a bar or something and start talking to people(locals). They usually open up pretty quickly and usually will offer(or you can ask) if they know anyone with a farm(pot farm) and if you can get a tour. My buddy went there and they let him buy a LB of bomb for $100. They gave him a hemp sack and he picked the buds right off the plant. Now I know there is cure time and all that but to get OG kush, strawberry cough, etc... he didn't care.

VapeNStone,
I heard the best thing to do is get to know one of the locals. Go to a bar or something and start talking to people(locals). They usually open up pretty quickly and usually will offer(or you can ask) if they know anyone with a farm(pot farm) and if you can get a tour. My buddy went there and they let him buy a LB of bomb for $100. They gave him a hemp sack and he picked the buds right off the plant. Now I know there is cure time and all that but to get OG kush, strawberry cough, etc... he didn't care.
Careful going to any "farms". Your buddy is lucky.
Its a second to third world down there. Be safe, have fun, and remember that herb is ILLEGALthere, and oh yeah its everywhere.
If something seems fishy, it probably is.
Locals are notorious for passing the Duff to tourists... Let them know you want what they smoke, not sell.

Careful going to any "farms". Your buddy is lucky.
Its a second to third world down there. Be safe, have fun, and remember that herb is ILLEGALthere, and oh yeah its everywhere.
If something seems fishy, it probably is.
Locals are notorious for passing the Duff to tourists... Let them know you want what they smoke, not sell.
Exactly you just have to have common sense. When I was there I was offered shwag and I lauged at the guy and said "where's the good stuff?" He laughed a little and said "haha you know you stuff man" and gave me a waaaaay better bag for pretty much free! I haggled the shit of those guys there lol. You can haggle anywhere I loved it!

VapeNStone,

Titamius

Thats a great story about your friend VapeNStone, I can only imagine, he probably didnt even have enough time to smoke all that much of it did he?:lol: and thanks for the tips, I have more than enough common sense so I'll make sure they know I aint dealin with no mids or shwag.

VapeNStone do you remember any places that were nice to visit when you were there?

Titamius,
Thats a great story about your friend VapeNStone, I can only imagine, he probably didnt even have enough time to smoke all that much of it did he?:lol: and thanks for the tips, I have more than enough common sense so I'll make sure they know I aint dealin with no mids or shwag.

VapeNStone do you remember any places that were nice to visit when you were there?
Hell naw he blazed like a king for a week and still had to give away half of it. lol

I was on a cruise when I went there so I didn't make it out of the "touristy" area. But I was offered every drug imaginable lol

VapeNStone,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
My family is Jamaican and I haven't been back in years but mostJamaican weed isn't that great but I'm sure you can find some decent quality sensi out there. My uncle who resides in Kingston says mid-grade is about the best he can find and very rarely quality buds come around. It's basically cheaper than tobacco out there though. I remember being about 13 or 14 and being told to stick my hand in a bag and grab as much as I could for $10 USD. Be safe out there.

tranceporter,

Titamius

Great idea for another time BDV, too bad I cant get one in the timespan I am leaving.

Titamius,

Titamius

Well, I'm back from the trip and it was great!:tup::rockon:

I love learning about plants other than cannabis too so it was a great experience. Theres banana and yam plants everywhere, and I didn't expect there to be coffee trees or bamboo. I ate some of the bananas and they tasted so rich and sweet. There was grapefruit and oranges that weren't quite ripe yet that still tasted delicious. I also tried guava, passion fruit and even raw cocoa fruit (where chocolate comes from).

The food was great and family meals were very starchy. I tried a couple root vegetables I've never heard of, ate lots of rice and had delicous meats. Also Breadfruit and Ackee which is the national fruit. They're very good.

Unfortunately I wasnt able to order that VG Coil, so I had to smoke joints the whole time, but it was still great. My dads friend owns farms and grows many things including cannabis. He showed me the farms and led me through the bush, it was an adventure for me. The bud he grew was actually quite good, not amazing, but very different than what I'm used to. I tried to imagine it cured. He let me do what his friends do and take buds off the hanging plant, strip it of leaf and seed (he had males too), cut it with a knife, and roll a spliff. I beleive it was some sativa that smells sour and tangy but not over the top. I liked it, it was satisfying, wish I could vape some.

All in all it was great spending time with family and having those experiences, I hope to go back soon.

Top Bottom