Transformer Tubes (Formerly Steele Concept)

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
paytonpenn,

Thanks man. I've had people suggest swappable tubes screw in tubes/latch... I decided to seal the polycarb in as it's more solid. I considered the 90 degree as an option but the 45 really works well as the joint stands straight up when tilting back to take the draw. Nice and ergonomic.

Polycarbonate is expensive.

Percs could be had in an injection moulded polycarbonate tube, this is VERY expensive to have a custom injection polycarbonate mould made. I looked into that too, but this product is really the antithesis to percs. I know many people aren't actually fond of percs (including myself).

I and many others are very happy with the current design. In the future there could be some minor tweaks but when the cubes are utilized, that's when the magic happens - silky smooth.

I'm all about simplicity and having an easy to clean product.

That being said if you have some ideas or want to draw something up, go right ahead. I'm always open to suggestions man!

Steele Concept,
Reactions: paytonpenn

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I am familiar with Transformer tubes and that is a good suggestion. I've had many shop owners mention the transformer tube when I talk about my product. Unfortunately I don't really like the aesthetic or screw function. They serve a lower price point market.

It wouldn't hurt to give em a ring to talk though, maybe I'll do just that tomorrow. Most people in this industry are very kind, who knows they could have some tips.

Steele Concept,

rsqemt911

You should def contact Mike (one of the owners). He is a very nice guy who LOVES to talk about his stuff. And he is open to ideas and brainstorming as well. He may be interested in more of your ideas than vice versa actually. They have some awesome stuff in the way of pipes, hookahs, and waterfall pipes. Might be interested in adding vapor bong to his catolog.

They are mechanical engineers and utilize a lot of that in the designs they have. One module they have a module that has a port on it so you can get real time temp readings.

rsqemt911,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Have you seen Cabin in the woods, Steele?

If not check this out pls:

I was wondering if you'd perhaps consider making something like that but a tad smaller? Preferably see-through or at least with some sort of window :brow:

OhTheAgony,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
rsqemt911 - I shot me an email but ill call for Mike. I prefer meeting or talking with people rather than email.

Lol I haven't seen cabin in the woods. That thing is crazy though! That guy is freakin hilarious.

The Steele Concept is my bread and butter. I may expand the products in the future but right now I'd like to focus on a single product line.

I think cleaning could be an issue with a collapsible device.

Steele Concept,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I figured it might be a little to soon after your first big release, but at least I got the idea wandering around in your head now :tup:

Yeah, you'd have to keep it real clean to keep working properly. Perhaps it could come with a custom build airtight container that fits around it tightly so one can fill it with not to much ISO (it's expensive, or at least where I live) to give it a daily shake. Or even keep it in when not in use.

The thing is I've been looking for the perfect portable bong ever since I got in to them (which was not as long ago as it may sound now). Yours comes pretty close already, but if it could be smaller when not in use it would be pretty f*ing perfect, or at least it seems to be in theory.

I do a fair bit of traveling on a motorcycle so I'm always looking for ways to reduce luggage.

That guy is pretty funny indeed, here are a few more of his scenes *spoiler alert*

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i followed this thread towards the beginning and haven't looked into it til recently but i wanted to drop by and say congrats on your business for doing well.

but then i noticed this...

Southeastern CT. East Lyme.
dear jesus man, you're literally about 20 minutes away from my house. i'm not sure what vapes you have but i have a MFLB and the Underdog log vaporizer. i know you said you're also trying to appeal to vapor market so if you ever want to try either one of those vapes out on your product i'd be willing to swing by with them for some testing. i've been working a lot lately but im sure i could find a day off sometime to help a fellow FCer out. if not i completely understand, never know what kind of people are out there on the internet these days :ko:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I did a little more research on that^^ collapsible bong. Apparently it's an expensive (5000$) prototype that was used in the movie. It's made out of stainless steel & it collapses in to a travel mug. I found a lot of rumors about it going in to production soon, but no actual info on a company or anything so I have no idea if it's for real.

This 'rocket bong' has been out for a while though:

pocket_bong_21.jpg

Also worth noticing perhaps, the pipemug:

Pipe-Mug-Black-4outofstock-280x378.jpg

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: Tweak

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
HighlyEducated - PM sent

OhTheAgony - The one in the movie was slick. The ones you posted look kinda cheap. The sound it makes in that clip when the unit locks is nice, but I'm pretty sure that was a sound effect.

I dunno about the whole portable folding apparatus, I think most people would rather just twist something up. Less conspicuous lol...

Me and my girl rented cabin in the woods after I saw the clips you posted, I think we will watch it tonight!

Steele Concept,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Me and my girl rented cabin in the woods after I saw the clips you posted, I think we will watch it tonight!

Don't expect it to be the classic horror type movie, ;), it has a bit of a comic twist to it.

What I wondered is what happens to the water in his bong when he collapses it?

Tweak,

rsqemt911

Just saw your bong at graffiti in moosup. VERY well constructed. I mean SOLID!!

Much smaller than I thought it was though. LOL

Ever thought about powder coating it in different colors than just the matte grey ?

rsqemt911,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Just saw your bong at graffiti in moosup. VERY well constructed. I mean SOLID!!

Much smaller than I thought it was though. LOL

Ever thought about powder coating it in different colors than just the matte grey ?

A green powder coating would be really cool.

I went on a trip across the state for some meetings. I brought my VapeXhale Cloud with me and instead of bringing glass along, I brought along the Steele Concept. It fit perfectly into my laptop bag. I wrapped the glass down-stem up in a wash cloth really tight and put it in a spare bag pocket. I wrapped the acrylic part of the tube in a cloth so it would not get scratched.

It was great to have it with me, but not have to worry about breaking any glass. Normally I have to spend allot of time maintaining/cleaning/drying/wrapping the glass in order to protect it during travel. I think the Steele is going to be my travel water pipe from now on out.

I totoaly forgot to mention. During the Seattle Cannabis Cup on the 2nd day I brought the Steele with me. I wanted to show people how you could put the cloud inverted on a water pipe. I figured bringing that was safer then bringing a piece of glass. Anyway, a few people asked to use the Steele with the cloud... they were water pipe smokers and wanted to feel what it was like to use the cloud in a water pipe. They all really liked the Steele Concept. Lots of people thought it looked cool. I sent a few people to the website... so you never know.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Ohtheagony and Tweak - I enjoyed The Cabin in the Woods. I made my girl watch it with the lights off and she got scared lol. What a unique movie!

rsqemt - my man Joe at graffiti is good people. I enjoy that little shop. For now the color is standard steel, there could be options in the future... I also spoke briefly with Mike at Transformer Tubes, I'm gonna chat with their engineer next week. He seems like a cool dude.

Slightly - Thanks for spreading the word! I appreciate it. It would be very cool to have a cult following like the MFLB, I admire those guys hard work and dedication.

I'm just gearing up for next month, I anticipate the online thing to take off and initial shipments to possibly go out to distributors.

My original plan was to sign up local dealers, New England, then online sales and possibly distribution. We are getting there and people are passionate about the product, which is what really matters :)

I will keep you guys posted, could be on retail space near you soon...

Steele Concept,

Ontariovapes

Steve, I'm glad to see things are taking off for you and I was happy to start the ball rolling. I use mine with the cloud all the time. I filled the bottom with glass beads and boy does that ever increase the stacking. Going to get around to painting the base as soon as the weather cools down. I'll post pics.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Steve, I'm glad to see things are taking off for you and I was happy to start the ball rolling. I use mine with the cloud all the time. I filled the bottom with glass beads and boy does that ever increase the stacking. Going to get around to painting the base as soon as the weather cools down. I'll post pics.

Do you fill the bottom steel part or the top clear tube? That is a really good idea... I might go buy some of those diffusion beads.

Slightly Medicated,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
That sounds nice Ontario, thanks for helping to get the ball rolling.

Do you use flo diffusion stones or another brand? At first I was looking into providing stones with every product, but I found peoples opinions on glass beads vary.

I think they are cool and very functional.

Your red painted steele should look nice as well.

Steele Concept,

Ontariovapes

Hey Steve I used the Rox beads as they are all different shapes and create more bubbling than the round ones.

Ontariovapes,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Has anyone tried the Steele Concept with a nail and concentrates?

I'm interested to hear about this as well. I designed the product petite so as to be ideal for vapor, concentrates and combustion. It's always nice to hear actual results :)

In other news people all over the U.S. look for the Steele Concept in your local shops soon. Steele Concept will be distributed by NM Distribution and another distributor talk is in the works...

Peace

Steele Concept,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
there a few Headshops in the lower hudson valley, NY... wonder if it will get to one of them so i can see it up close.

mmenzie,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
It should be going to nearly every state in the U.S. shortly. Of course the law of supply and demand always follows... If the demand is there, my ass will be working on the supply :)

I have suppliers prepared if it blows up. My production capacity is ~1,000 units/month. We will get a good idea in a few weeks once the ad comes out in High Times next month. My distributor(s) will also be rocking the Steele at trade shows and advertising.

Today I'm just another poor college grad with an idea. Hopefully tomorrow I can impact some lives for the better and pay off my loans while i'm at it. Who knows how much money people have lost over the years from broken glass...

Steele Concept,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Has anyone tried the Steele Concept with a nail and concentrates?

I have done a dab on it. I use a 90 degree angle adapter to the TI nail is not on top of the down-stem, but a little more up and further away. It works well. Gets messy quick, but most pieces do with concentrates.

Slightly Medicated,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Great to know. Once of my retailers manufactures his own Ti nails. He gave me a brief education regarding the concentrate game and hooked my piece up to some stuff with n angle adapter. He said he was gonna sell it that way. The setup looked nice and Ti and Steel go together like beans and rice.

Steele Concept,
Top Bottom