1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Top Ten Butane vapes?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by mikeben, Feb 12, 2016.

1. birdbraineater

birdbraineater Member

I see that you have both the Vapman and the Lotus. I use the Vapman with my bubbler (MFLB Orbiter) with great success and I was thinking about getting a Lotus to use the same way. Do you think there's any difference in results between these two. They really seem to be very similar in use. BTW it seems that the Lotus is only available on line and not in the Vancouver area smoke shops which is why I got the Vapman.

NorVape and Philreal187 like this.
  2. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

I'm also interested in a comparison between the two.

SSVUN~YAH and Philreal187 like this.
  3. StonerSloth

StonerSloth cui bono?

Sorry - do not own the Vapman and have only used it once a few years ago when not exactly 'with it' so I can't provide a proper first-hand comparison unfortunately.

However, the Vapman is almost entirely conduction (correct me if I'm wrong?) and the Lotus is essentially entirely convection, so they should theoretically provide different vape 'signatures' and flavors.

The Lotus tastes very very good. It pairs perfectly with glass and it would look perfectly at home atop an orbiter. It's not the easiest vape to use (you will combust) but it's a pretty fun piece. I find that the screens require more frequent cleaning than any other vape I own. No idea why, but it is annoying...

Morty, NorVape, IAmKrazy2 and 3 others like this.
  4. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I have quit using a particular type of butane vape (vaporgenie, daisy, lily). When I use a butane vape where the flame is blown directly into the vaporpath and airpath causes a tightness in my lungs that requires recovery time to feel normal. I think the problem for me using this type of vape could be that the air is too dry after flame heated. I gave-up using butane flame vapes that blow blue flame directly into vaporpath/airpath. It has been worth it to me to give them up.

YaMon, Phenix, Morty and 5 others like this.
  5. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

Hat’s nice and all but could you please tell use WHAT you use today ? Did you found a superior vape? @steama

6. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

The not new not improved hash knife. :love:

7. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member

Timeless classic, do you use a straw?

8. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Chopped plastic bottles, when you just can't suck up enough polymers. :lol:

The Beagle likes this.
  9. Phenix

Phenix Well-Known Member