too much of a good thing? Cannabis and Schizophrenia

Cleanfiend

lwien said:
Cleanfiend said:
I also drank orange juice daily for the years leading up to my manic episodes -- yet we do not suggest causation when looking at how orange juice usage preceded my Bipolar.

Yeah, but one important difference. Orange juice is not known for being a hallucinogenic. Any substance that has the ability to alter ones perceptions of reality should not be classified in the same category as orange juice, especially when considering how it can affect one that may have a predisposition to a mental illness.

Lwien, i think you are missing the point that I was trying to make: that correlation does not necessarily confer causation. We both know that orange juice is psycho-actively inert -- I am just trying to show that pairing two sequential behaviors does not mean that behavior A causes behavior B.

Cleanfiend,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Wow, bud, lwien & lo, thanks! *blush*

I'm glad to have a forum where i'm comfortable relating my experiences, i know i'm not the only one. Somebody has to open their mouths about it when all we keep hearing is that cannabis does nothing positive for anybody. I guess it's a calculated risk.

now lwein, i didn't hold a tea-gun to your head, i just loaded the clip, cocked it, and handed it to you :brow: glad you are enjoying the teas

herbgirl,

lwien

herbgirl said:
now lwein, i didn't hold a tea-gun to your head, i just loaded the clip, cocked it, and handed it to you :brow:

Yeah, but if you REALLY knew me, you'd know that handing me a fully loaded, cocked gun is NOT a good idea. ;)

"Ok, what's the advantage of an electric kettle over a pot of water on a gas stove?"
------me

"lwein, I love my electric kettle because....blah, blah, blah, etc etc etc............"
----herbgirl

A week later, I'm turning that fucker on 4 times a day...........lol.

lwien,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
four times a day eh? sounds about right!

toldyaso :lol::lol::lol:

now remember lwein, if you are boiling (or sub-boiling) alone, or during the day, you may have a problem and you should seek professional help....

the support group meets over tea ;)

herbgirl,

steiner666

Serial vapist
fuck yeah, i love my electric tea kettle. been used heavily for the past year+, gets 2 liters of water boiling faster than mic or gas stove can any day lol. plus it has the variable temp so i can set it lower for the green teas and higher for black.

anyways. schizophrenia from cannabis use? bullshit. i'm sure there are schizophrenic ppl who smoke/vape, but its total coincidence. I could see any form of perception-altering substances exacerbating a previously existing condition tho, strengthening delusions, paranoia and hallucinations even. but, the person still would have to be prone to them for other reasons.

steiner666,

lwien

Yup. Variable temp kettle. Figure if I was gonna get one, I might as well go all out. Gettin' the water to the right temp was my main reason for getting one.

lwien,

Raf007

Retailer
just to add my part, MJ has been recently discovered to help in 4 cases of schyzophrenia.

And , yes thanks a lot for your history Herbgirl, this could help a lot of people especially those still living in countries where MJ is not medical and where you still hear propaganda about MJ.

Raf007,

budballer

Hmm curious do you have links to the studies where it helped? I just wanna see what they say

budballer,

cornerman

I would like to see them aswell, since I do suffer from ps. I personally think the relation to ps and mj is bull, mainly cause I have been toking up every now and then and I havent had any symptoms show every time I toke. I do know that high cannabidiol rates in mj help with schizoprhenia, and they are on par with today's medication for it.

cornerman,

Raf007

Retailer
of course:
Schwarcz G, Karajgi B, Improvementss in refractory psychosis with dronabinol: four case reports. J Clin psychiatry 2010;71(11)1552-3

Raf007,
Top Bottom