Today's Film

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
“Hell yeah!” or “I don’t think so”
my best stoner guess
"Brüno asks the subjects to answer "yes or no" questions with either "Vassup" (what's up) or "Ich don't think so" (I don't think so); these are occasionally substituted with "Ach, ja!" (Ah yes!) or "Nicht, nicht" ("Nicht" means "no" or "not" in German)."

✌️:peace:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Today's film...

"This is your mission should you choose to accept it"

Mission Impossible - 1996

Fun fun fun!

So silly, and very entertaining, so many classic tropes over-egged to the point of absurdity, yet itstill all holds together as quite a story!!!!

And everyone knows the theme tune right?

"This post will self destruct in five seconds" 😂

kel,
Reactions: Squidge

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Oh yeah that's a weird one for sure - haven't seen it for decades! Not sure I want to, how did it hold up over time?

I am continuing in the Mission Impossible series, they are totally ridiculous and super cheesy - really good fun.

kel,

strech

Oh yeah that's a weird one for sure - haven't seen it for decades! Not sure I want to, how did it hold up over time?

I am continuing in the Mission Impossible series, they are totally ridiculous and super cheesy - really good fun.
Ended up pulling a double feature tonight just about done with Enforcement.

Will be watching the Entity later on after some ice cream!

strech,
Reactions: kel

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Watched this last year and was pleasantly surprised because of the mixed reviews, but I love pretty much everything Aronofsky does, save for his big "mainstream" hit, 'Black Swan', which was a total let-down...:
Wanted to see it again cuz it's pretty dense, so I'm gonna see if I can get get my daughter to watch it with me tonight... talk about yer fuct flicks...! Great cast.

Last edited:
Bologna,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Watching Star Trek: Beyond. 3rd film in the alternative Star Trek universe. I saw it when it first came out (2016), but it is as if I've never seen it. God, I must have been stoned. I slightly remember the female alien who helps the Chief Engineer, Scotty.

Yes, I sort of remember now. Memory is weird that way.

Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Today's film is on another completely different tangent...

Everest - 2015

A tragic story of how badly everything can go wrong when a brutal storm hits during a summit attempt. Visually stunning and an alarmingly accurate representation of how things really can change so fast at these altitudes.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

Everest - 2015

A tragic story of how badly everything can go wrong when a brutal storm hits during a summit attempt. Visual stunning and an alarmingly accurate representation of how things really can change so fast at these altitudes.

It was pretty good, iirc.... a bit melodramatic but about what I'd expect from a big budget "Hollywood" type flick... but if you haven't yet seen it, and wanna stay on the same track, but this time with a documentary (that will forever give me "the willies" every time I think about it!), I highly recommend this from 2018:

Free Solo -Official UK Trailer

Bologna,
  • Love

kel

FuckMisogynists!
It was pretty good, iirc.... a bit melodramatic but about what I'd expect from a big budget "Hollywood" type flick... but if you haven't yet seen it, and wanna stay on the same track, but this time with a documentary (that will forever give me "the willies" every time I think about it!), I highly recommend this from 2018:

Free Solo -Official UK Trailer

Oh yes, I have seen this, it's a fantastic story. Excellent recommendation :tup:

...and those moves... damn... utterly insane!! I was one of those who was absolutely totally freaked out watching him; can't watch, can't not watch!! One of the very few films to ever really have me actually on the edge of my seat! Amazing!!

Crazy? Or maybe not? I mean we all have to go right, what's better; sitting on yer ass and slowly rotting away, or dying while doing the thing you love?

kel,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Oh yes, I have seen this, it's a fantastic story. Excellent recommendation :tup:

...and those moves... damn... utterly insane!! I was one of those who was absolutely totally freaked out watching him; can't watch, can't not watch!! One of the very few films to ever really have me actually on the edge of my seat! Amazing!!

Crazy? Or maybe not? I mean we all have to go right, what's better; sitting on yer ass and slowly rotting away, or dying while doing the thing you love?
Thanks!

I'm just not "driven" by anything to such a degree... Crazy? Reckless? SELFISH/self-centered...? FRIGGIN NUTZ...?! Call it what you will, you gotta at least respect that force one can possess...

Ok then, I'll give you another one, but this time a little more "mainstream" but one I love regardless (and another one you probably have already seen):

Adaptation (2002) Trailer
...and if you have seen it, please don't say you liked it "but the ending was stupid"....!!!

or this from around the same time (good year for film, '02!):

Punch-Drunk Love Trailer

(if I have to do a 3rd/4th try it will be waaaay more obscure, trust me....)

Last edited:
Bologna,
  • Haha

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Yes, absolutely totally unbelievably impressive - literally superhuman!

Haha, good tries, I don't think I have seen Adaptation as it happens, I'll add it to the list, thanks - not today though!

I have seen Punch-Drunk Love though and yes it is excellent!

Adam Sandler is not someone I would normally watch, but I thought he was fantastic in this, I can imagine a lot of people were erm... confused by his role here hehe

Actually, given me an idea for the next film to watch... maybe!

kel,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Actually, given me an idea for the next film to watch... maybe!
If you're thinking this, he also does quite well here in a serious role:

Uncut Gems - Trailer
Again, maybe a little "over-the-top", but def still worth a view, imo...

Bologna,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Ahh yes, another great recommendation! It's been a little while since I saw it but remember it being quite disturbing :uhh:

kel,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!

Everest - 2015

A tragic story of how badly everything can go wrong when a brutal storm hits during a summit attempt. Visually stunning and an alarmingly accurate representation of how things really can change so fast at these altitudes.

Jon Krakauer is the biggest piece of shit in the climbing world. Fucking cunt... he literally diaries all of the mistakes made by his team the entire way up, and does not have a sack of balls big enough to speak up and make any difference. He is NOT a climber I'd ever want on my rope, the fucker would literally watch you die and journal about it in the evening.

I am sure he was a complete piece of shit before 1996, but from that point on, he lost all respect- but Hollywood loves a prick.

in better news, I watched Clockwork Orange for the first time last night. Highly recommended for anyone under 40 who might have missed this growing up...

Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I just had to check which 'character' that was, gut feeling, and based on your comments, I thought it was the journalist! What is it about some journalists that the one thing that matters above all else, even human life, is the story.

Anyway, I forgot to post last night's 'Today's Film' and it was another tangent, this time into a rather unusual and I thought quite compelling story of a virtual reality battle simulation game where you can actually die in the real world. Visually stunning - extremely stylised, awesome sound effects, well worth a watch if you like alternative 'philosophical' films, oh and it's in Polish language with subtitles, although I believe there's a Japanese version too.

Avalon - 2001

The trailers on YT were all poor quality so this feature on the tanks will do instead and will give a decent flavour of the stylistic conventions used:

kel,

GetLeft

Interesting, Kel!

Full disclosure: didn't watch either of these tonight. But here are a couple gems. First is in my top 5 all time films from Spain, the second perhaps my favorite film all time from Argentina.

(Saw A Colckwork Orange when I was in college. I won't be watching it tonight or ever again!)

GetLeft,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Ooh thanks for the recommendations! I will check them out :)

Last nights 'Today's Film' (this is twice I am late now) was ...

Logan's Run - 1976

:love:

"Touch a switch, turn a dial and a perfect lover steps into your arms" 😂

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Last night's today's film was

Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark - 1981

While I appreciate this is just a yarn, meant to be light hearted and fun action adventure, I kinda struggled with it last night, maybe I was just in the wrong mood or something, but I set out with an "oh yeah, that's fun" thought and ended up hardly paying any attention.

The thing that I kept noticing, which I don't remember before, was just how bad some of the acting is - wow 😂

Also, the underlying cultural implications that form the basis of these films are really quite inappropriate in 2021, more than once I felt they have dated badly.

Shrugs... not bothered about watching the rest, I fear that they others may well be worse.

Top Bottom