TinyMight / TM 2

tokenknifeguy

So this is expected? What's the maximum size that the TM can extract without needing a recharge? I had my battery fully charged before I packed this bowl.

20200510-122235.jpg
So you said you put the battery in backwards? Did you try and use it while it was in backwards? If so you might have messed up the battery.

I just got my molicel p26 in and took notes on how many hits I got before it died, and I was able to get 26 hits before I took out the battery, with maybe another hit or two left (best guess here), if at all. I took a count of the VTC6, which came with the TM and got 25 hits. You should have plenty of enough juice to finish one bowl. Takes me about 5 hits to finish a bowl.

Also try using it in on demand mode and not in standby (could use more power than you are thinking). If the battery can't go more than 1 or 2 bowls, then you got a battery problem or defective unit.

Also the unit does get hot and I haven't really tried pushing the unit and see how hot it can get with back to back, etc loads. I have an enano and it gets much hotter than the TM when holding in hand.

Tweakz

@Vaporific ,
I read your last posts and it all looks like my breakdown about a few weeks ago related to my incorrect device Assembly . I did it step by step , probably 10 times at least, in order to assemble it clearly and correctly . the o-ring that is located on top of the metal part is the most important element that requires scrupulousness.
plus the screen above the heater as said above should stand wide part up

and of course the heating coil itself is better not to pull too much .

at first I thought that I broke something, but then when I finally put it together correctly, everything worked like the first time. and I concluded that I would no longer do this unless absolutely necessary.

Vaporware

Always been interested in one of these but the non-isolated airpath is a huge turnoff.

Are the electronics in the VAPOR path or just the airpath?

If there's a page that I can skip back to, I'll gladly read! There's too much going on for me to read it all, lol.

Like @Siebter said, it’s not in the vapor path or even the main air path (which comes down from the top), it’s just exposed through a couple of holes in the bottom.

There shouldn’t be very much air coming from that area and I don’t think I’ve read reports that anyone tasted anything from it, but people should know that it’s not completely isolated so they can make an informed decision about whether or not that matters to them. :)

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
and I concluded that I would no longer do this unless absolutely necessary.
Thanks. No kidding! I finally solved the issue. The screen ring came out without the screen, and the screen was lodged in the ring below the screen ring. With a fine point tweezer I got it out. The heater screen is just a tad smaller than an old stainless one I had and that also played a part in understanding the screen issue.

Indeed, this is not something I’ll want to do regularly. I lost the large clear oring at the bottom of the oven. I believe it sits under the glass tube lining the oven and the screen ring. I was careful removing everything and keeping them in order so I could simply reassemble in reverse. The clear oring was a bit of surprise and hadn’t realized it was down there and don’t exactly recall where it was but I’m guessing the above. And that will be a pain in the ass to put in another! That’s a very small and hard to reach space!

So, I’ll be placing a Tinymight accessories order soon. Large clear and red orings (both for the oven), screens, and an extra cooling unit. Well, because it’s very cool :) :peace:

EDIT: while I finally had the screen out I had a chance to admire the coils. They look beautiful too. Lots of power!

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I lost the large clear oring at the bottom of the oven. I believe it sits under the glass tube lining the oven and the screen ring.

This o-ring doesn't sit under the glass tube...
It's place is above the glass tube...under the top plate

You opened the device, right? :brow::cool:
(edit):
Or you wheeled the glass tube and wrapped the o-ring and it came out ...
To clean this area, simply unscrew the ring, remove the brick-colored o-ring and turn it upside down. the aluminum tube or the heater screen must fall. nothing else comes out.
Now to install the o-ring you have to remove the main screw, very carefully remove the top plate and place the o-ring in place with the glass tube itself push the o-ring into place.

From Ville when this happened to me:
If you want to put it back, you should have a Torx T20 screwdriver to
open the back panel big screw, maybe 7mm open it and the top panel
will then come off. it will be then placed from the other side to the
top panel. I'm sorry you had this experience. It naturally should stay
there.

I'm referring to this:
Inked-IMG-20200204-140340-LI.jpg

The glass tube that insulates the wood must not be rotated, as it may curl the o-ring and it will move out of place. which forces you to remove the top plate to replace it and this is not for all of us ...
IMG-20200511-001056.jpg

Last edited:

mc

So this is expected? What's the maximum size that the TM can extract without needing a recharge? I had my battery fully charged before I packed this bowl.

20200510-122235.jpg

So two things that might help you out based on my personal experience;

1. Your herb is way to far up the stem from the heater. This will work but not as well being so far away. I would move the CU up a centimeter.

2. If you pack it tighter it'll give bigger clouds with less heat. You also won't need to stir, I just scrape out the top brown stuff and hit again until there's non left. If you stir a vape with vaped herb it'll get dirty quickly.

tokenknifeguy

I like to keep my temp at 7.5 for the most part. If I use capsules I'll usually bump it up to 8. I find the capsules produce the biggest clouds so far.

Also, does anyone know if there is like a time limit you can hit the heater? Seems like sometimes it buzz and stop but I'm not sure 100% yet, as my finger slipping off could be the cause.

Last edited:
tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: Tweakz

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
This o-ring doesn't sit under the glass tube...
It's place is above the glass tube...under the top plate

You opened the device, right? :brow::cool:
(edit):
Or you wheeled the glass tube and wrapped the o-ring and it came out ...
To clean this area, simply unscrew the ring, remove the brick-colored o-ring and turn it upside down. the aluminum tube or the heater screen must fall. nothing else comes out.
Now to install the o-ring you have to remove the main screw, very carefully remove the top plate and place the o-ring in place with the glass tube itself push the o-ring into place.

From Ville when this happened to me:

I'm referring to this:
Inked-IMG-20200204-140340-LI.jpg

The glass tube that insulates the wood must not be rotated, as it may curl the o-ring and it will move out of place. which forces you to remove the top plate to replace it and this is not for all of us ...
IMG-20200511-001056.jpg
Yes, that large clear oring at left in your picture came out and now lost. I wasn’t sure if it was meant to come out but it did. Thanks for the instructions again for putting it back in. It won’t be easy and I may need a Torx driver that size - and devine intervention. The glass liner definitely rotates now that oring is out and rattles a tiny bit too but I’m not shaking it hard or anything. What it think happened is the screen ring snagged a bit on the clear oring and they both came out when I took the metal cylinder out. And of course the screen was stuck below all that. Live and learn. :myday::peace:

Tweakz

Also, does anyone know if there is like a time limit you can hit the heater? Seems like sometimes it buzz and stop but I'm not sure 100% yet, as my finger slipping off could be the cause.
it seems to me that it has no limit and most likely your finger slipped off.

I also start with 7.5 or 8 . I always end up at 9 or 10

this is a damn cool VAPE. extremely user-friendly, very effective and convenient . avb is always an even color . there is no limit to my happiness

Dayseed

Tinymight vs solo isn’t even comparable. To be honest very little can compare with the tiny.
I appreciate that, but since the Solo I is the only vape I’ve used, it was always going to be the benchmark when it came to looking at an upgrade. In fact I probably wouldn’t be considering using anything else if it wasn’t for the fact that the base plate has begun to disintegrate (it’s like the Volvo 260 of vapes in terms of reliability and simplicity of use).

Initially I was attracted to the TM because of it’s familiar form factor and similar glass vapour path. Discovering that the path was isolated from the electronics was a bonus and then the flexibility and ability to cash out a bowl quickly made it obvious that that the TM was going to outperform the Solo II upgrade I initially had in mind.

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
Well wouldn't you know - last night was one of the rare nights that I didn't need help getting back to sleep. Probably tonight.

But in the meantime, I'm having fun experimenting until my rimmed dome screens arrive. Going to try a mistvape capsule later and see how that works.
LOL - no problem getting back to sleep last night either. Figures.

I am having the same issue that someone else mentioned - extraction is TOO quick. I want to take small hits, spread out over a couple of hours - not huge rips. I end up tasting burnt popcorn much earlier than expected. I'm learning that this takes a light touch on the trigger, only holding it down between 1 and 4 beats before releasing. Also backing off the temp dial a bit to 4-5 helps as well.

Also - I tried the Mistvape caps and had no luck. Pretty much zero vapor. I think too much air is able to flow around the cap instead of through it. Not sure if there's a good solution there.

scooterboy,

lordpilko

LOL - no problem getting back to sleep last night either. Figures.

I am having the same issue that someone else mentioned - extraction is TOO quick. I want to take small hits, spread out over a couple of hours - not huge rips. I end up tasting burnt popcorn much earlier than expected. I'm learning that this takes a light touch on the trigger, only holding it down between 1 and 4 beats before releasing. Also backing off the temp dial a bit to 4-5 helps as well.

Also - I tried the Mistvape caps and had no luck. Pretty much zero vapor. I think too much air is able to flow around the cap instead of through it. Not sure if there's a good solution there.

Yeah I find around 5 is enough to extract all the goodness without any combustion. Any higher and it starts to taste a little rough, mind you this is starting off from around 3.5, so I probably extract most of the vapour and flavour at lower temps. I don't want to go over 200°C which is estimated to be around the 7 mark as this is when more harmful compounds are extracted.

lordpilko,
I am having the same issue that someone else mentioned - extraction is TOO quick. I want to take small hits, spread out over a couple of hours - not huge rips. I end up tasting burnt popcorn much earlier than expected...

... Also- tried the Mistvape caps and had no luck. Pretty much zero vapor. I think too much air is able to flow around the cap instead of through it. Not sure if there's a good solution there.

I've had some success with the HR Fierce caps. Until today, that is. The lid of the cap protrudes from the bottom of the stem, the basket itself is a nice fit - well, five of my nine are easy enough to slide in and out; the other four are a bit too snug.

They stretch out a session a fair bit as well, and get nice even AVB.

So, today...

I don't know if I wasn't paying enough attention as I put the stem in, but as soon as I stated drawing I definitely was. Combustion!

When I pulled the stem out I had, like @Vaporific above, pushed the heater screen down into the ring below. When none of my pliers or tweezers proved finicky enough for the job, I gulped and took out the torx screw that holds the unit together, so I could take out the glass tube. The lower, smaller metal ring could then fall out; heater screen treacherously angled through it . I thought I was punctilious about reassembly, even with the large, thin o-ring atop the glass stem and 'embedded' under the aluminium top-plate (Mine is black, by the way).

I'm just not getting the same clouds that I was. I'm slightly heartened by similar [resolved] issues other users in this thread have had, but must confess I'm at my wit's end.
The smaller metal ring (accessed only by unscrewing three unit) appears to be symmetrical, does its orientation matter?
I'm holding each component down as I seat it, to maintain as much of a seal as possible.

What am I missing?

NarrativeCausality,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I don't want to go over 200°C which is estimated to be around the 7 mark as this is when more harmful compounds are extracted.

Have you seen the studies from the Netherlands performed with the Volcano vaporizer? At 200C and below the marijuana cigarette extracted more cannabinoids than the Volcano.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: MonkeyTime

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
At 200C and below the marijuana cigarette extracted more cannabinoids than the Volcano.

Doesn't a joint get a little hotter than 200°C?

---

Anyway – guys, be mind- and careful with the things you experiment with. You can play a lot with the TM, but this:

The lid of the cap protrudes from the bottom of the stem [...]

...is just a bit crazy and it seems a bit too obvious that it will cause problems at one point. Even if it works a few times, keep in mind that during usage you will most likely become heavily intoxicated = less mind- and careful.

Keep the stuff in the stem.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have not. by maruijuana cigarette do you mean combustion? Spliff?

Yup, pretty weird! Quite a bit higher than previous numbers obtained by Russo et al IIRC.

Doesn't a joint get a little hotter than 200°C?

Depends on which end you're sucking from :D
200C and below is the vaporizer temperature. When they ran the vape at max temp (230C) it did surpass the joint in cannabinoid extraction! :rockon:

lordpilko

Yup, pretty weird! Quite a bit higher than previous numbers obtained by Russo et al IIRC.

Depends on which end you're sucking from :D
200C and below is the vaporizer temperature. When they ran the vape at max temp (230C) it did surpass the joint in cannabinoid extraction! :rockon:

im more about extracting as much as i can without extracting anything nasty. Hence why I dont go above 6 on the TM

I still get just as high from way less herb than when I used to smoke a joint

From what I have read, above 210C can combust, but certainly 230C

lordpilko,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
From what I have read, above 210C can combust, but certainly 230C

I think the actual temp for combusting dried plant matter (including pyrolysis etc.) is at about 220°C; the TM says it can go up to 240°C, but I'm sure that refers to the temp on the coil, not in the chamber (because I never combusted with the TM).

Anyway, I'm sensing a bit of a derail. :-)

Top Bottom