TinyMight / TM 2

Frinton

Yep came to say that or the Molicel P26 or p28.

https://www.imrbatteries.com/molicel-p26a-18650-2600mah-35a-battery/

https://www.imrbatteries.com/sony-vtc5d-18650-2600mah-25a-battery/

Also check out a guy on youtube, reddit and various forums that goes by "The Mooch". Dude is THE battery guru and you can count on what he says in regards to batteries.

Also why isn't there a separate thread for just batteries? Or stems?

Hi , new around here. Picked up a tiny might few weeks ago. Loving it, great vape.
Based on above I ordered a spare molicel P26A battery ~ it works ok in the vape, but the unit get super hot when using (not charging but vaping ) it. Almost where it’s uncomfortable to hold.

any battery gurus know why? The stock battery works fine and the unit does not overheat.

Another slight oddity, when I put the new molicel in the first time, it was the wrong way round. I didn’t turn he vale on, but there way an electrical burning smell. Luckily the vape is working fine!

Frinton,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I had an incident with my Tinymight yesterday which corrected itself thankfully. I packed a fresh load and combusted with it. Unmistakable smell and taste. Not sure where I was in the menu or how I got there (wherever that was). The first couple of draws were garbage and the load was corrupted - burned flower and screens (simple dome and Cooling Unit - both being cleaned today). The next load was fine but something went amiss. It was the first load with a new strain too. The next was ok but I don’t know what happened. Maybe the unit was on from the previous session a couple hours earlier but the battery level indicator seemed ok. Just scratching my head with this one. :hmm::peace:

Last edited:
Vaporific,

Tweakz

I have already 2.5 months of TM . I'm impressed. every day it makes me happy. I fixed the CU, leaving only one nut and washer, and Oh my God, that's a hit . the air flow became even larger . clouds and ecstasy got bigger and better . I just love this device. you haven't let me down yet .and I have 5pc vtc6

lauantaimakkara

I fixed the CU, leaving only one nut and washer, and Oh my God, that's a hit . the air flow became even larger .
Can you explain this A little bit more? What “nut and washer” means? Do you mean the metal thing inside the tube? put it in two pieces and take one out?

lauantaimakkara,
Reactions: edysin

Vaporific

Can you explain this A little bit more? What “nut and washer” means? Do you mean the metal thing inside the tube? put it in two pieces and take one out?
There’s a long screw holding the entire cooling unit together running from the top of the cooling unit through each metal cylinder. Two of them, top and bottom which comprise the entire cooling unit. These sections are largely hollow and empty except the long screw running through them and connecting them. They are held vertically in place along the screw with several nuts and washers. You can unscrew the top and bottom sections a bit and see the inner nuts and washers. You can take the entire cooling unit apart easily too for better cleaning. I’ve yet to take mine fully apart but close enough to understand and see how this works. And it simply does. If you loosen the sections a bit you’ll notice the bottom nut partially blocks the tip of the bottom section. I and others have loosened this a bit to permit more air flow, and others still have removed one or more nuts and washers to further unrestrict air flow or perhaps reduce cooling. I love the cooling effect of the cooling unit. It works awesome for me just a little loose and open.

Time to clean it though after yesterday’s combustion accident. :doh::peace:

Tweakz

There’s a long screw holding the entire cooling unit together running from the top of the cooling unit through each metal cylinder. Two of them, top and bottom which comprise the entire cooling unit. These sections are largely hollow and empty except the long screw running through them and connecting them. They are held vertically in place along the screw with several nuts and washers. You can unscrew the top and bottom sections a bit and see the inner nuts and washers. You can take the entire cooling unit apart easily too for better cleaning. I’ve yet to take mine fully apart but close enough to understand and see how this works. And it simply does. If you loosen the sections a bit you’ll notice the bottom nut partially blocks the tip of the bottom section. I and others have loosened this a bit to permit more air flow, and others still have removed one or more nuts and washers to further unrestrict air flow or perhaps reduce cooling. I love the cooling effect of the cooling unit. It works awesome for me just a little loose and open.

Time to clean it though after yesterday’s combustion accident. :doh::peace:
very detailed and clear explained . great :tup:

how much I love tm . and I'm glad so many people like it, too . I am ready to share my emotions and impressions in the future.:rockon:

LabPong

Hi , new around here. Picked up a tiny might few weeks ago. Loving it, great vape.
Based on above I ordered a spare molicel P26A battery ~ it works ok in the vape, but the unit get super hot when using (not charging but vaping ) it. Almost where it’s uncomfortable to hold.

any battery gurus know why? The stock battery works fine and the unit does not overheat.

Another slight oddity, when I put the new molicel in the first time, it was the wrong way round. I didn’t turn he vale on, but there way an electrical burning smell. Luckily the vape is working fine!

If the vape or the battery gets hot...something is wrong. Not sure, but that P26A cell could be damaged

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
I'm not sure if there's something up with my battery, or if I just have unrealistic expectations for this vape, but it was unable to fully vape a bowl for me last night before it ran out of battery.

I switched to the long stem, just to see what it was like. I packed a larger bowl than normal, but not larger than some of the loads I've seen people post here. I kept the packing loose and the temperature dial at 6.

I took many hits at 6 over the course of a few hours. When the vapor got wispy, I moved up to 8. I was still getting vapor (albeit not the tastiest) at 8 when the devices buzzed at me and shut off.

Note that I had kept my vape in standby mode when not hitting it during those hours, but from what people say ITT, that should not affect battery life much.

Does anyone else experience this? I will note that my device also has a loud heating sound, if that is related. I tried taking the advice earlier in the thread about cleaning the battery contacts to reduce the sound, but it did not make a difference.

sanchezman,

LabPong

I'm not sure if there's something up with my battery, or if I just have unrealistic expectations for this vape, but it was unable to fully vape a bowl for me last night before it ran out of battery.

I switched to the long stem, just to see what it was like. I packed a larger bowl than normal, but not larger than some of the loads I've seen people post here. I kept the packing loose and the temperature dial at 6.

I took many hits at 6 over the course of a few hours. When the vapor got wispy, I moved up to 8. I was still getting vapor (albeit not the tastiest) at 8 when the devices buzzed at me and shut off.

Note that I had kept my vape in standby mode when not hitting it during those hours, but from what people say ITT, that should not affect battery life much.

Does anyone else experience this? I will note that my device also has a loud heating sound, if that is related. I tried taking the advice earlier in the thread about cleaning the battery contacts to reduce the sound, but it did not make a difference.

First off...yea the heater makes a loud noise compared to many other vapes....it's like a MV1 or FF2 as far as the heater type making noise. So....you will have to get used to it and it being normal....though some seem to be slightly louder than others as slight manufacturing/building elements might effect it.

On the battery power issue......this vape pulls a good amount of power out of the cells. When your cell gets to about 30% or so....its performance falls off. And you were probably at 20% or lower when you experienced that big fall off of heat before the unit automatically shuts off.

This is why it is important to have good high amp cells that are in good shape for this vape.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I had an incident with my Tinymight yesterday which corrected itself thankfully. I packed a fresh load and combusted with it. Unmistakable smell and taste. Not sure where I was in the menu or how I got there (wherever that was). The first couple of draws were garbage and the load was corrupted - burned flower and screens (simple dome and Cooling Unit - both being cleaned today). The next load was fine but something went amiss. It was the first load with a new strain too. The next was ok but I don’t know what happened.

I don't quite remember but I think there were incidents that involved combustion when someone would start drawing before the buzz indicated the reached temp, could that be the case here?

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
First off...yea the heater makes a loud noise compared to many other vapes....it's like a MV1 or FF2 as far as the heater type making noise. So....you will have to get used to it and it being normal....though some seem to be slightly louder than others as slight manufacturing/building elements might effect it.

On the battery power issue......this vape pulls a good amount of power out of the cells. When your cell gets to about 30% or so....its performance falls off. And you were probably at 20% or lower when you experienced that big fall off of heat before the unit automatically shuts off.

This is why it is important to have good high amp cells that are in good shape for this vape.
So this is expected? What's the maximum size that the TM can extract without needing a recharge? I had my battery fully charged before I packed this bowl.

20200510-122235.jpg

Vaporific

I don't quite remember but I think there were incidents that involved combustion when someone would start drawing before the buzz indicated the reached temp, could that be the case here?
I don’t think so as from what I recall. I turned it on (3 quick presses) and thought I was in on demand mode which I usually am. I usually wait a few secs before I press and hold for the single buzz to tell me it’s ready. And i thought I’d done just that but then it started combusting - that unmistakable taste and smell. I stopped pressing button and tried pressing again and the taste was horrible again. Somehow I was able to turn off the unit and let it cool down. The next load was fine, thankfully. Not sure what happened!

BUT I did noticed the heater screen all fouled up. The bottom of the Cooling Unit too. The latter I just soaked in ISO but I have another problem and need HELP:

for the first time I removed the stem retaining ring from the body, the red oring holding the stem, metal cylinder, a thin metal ring and, finally and surprisingly, a clear oring near the bottom of the oven. HOWEVER the heater screen won’t come out! There’s a thin glass wall liner in the chamber which metal cylinder sits inside and this glass wall liner or cylinder won’t permit me to remove the remaining piece (I think?) of the heater screen assembly at the bottom. I say ‘assembly’ because I think the whole thing was supposed to come out but it didn’t. It’s stuck and I can’t seem to remove it since the tolerance between the ring and glass cylinder is small. Any thoughts? I tried a light magnet to no avail. I’m not sure I’ll be able to put this back together, especially the lower clear oring, if the screen ‘assembly’ can’t be reestablished. :bang::peace:

Vaporific,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Vaporific – That screen should be removable (by simply holding the device upside down) as soon as the aluminum cylinder is removed, no need to remove that other glass tube as well. At least that's how it should work. Not sure what you mean by „thin metal ring“... Maybe some pictures would help to help.

When reassembling, make sure the screen above the heater is inserted the right way (wider rim up). Works best while holdin the unit upside down as well.

Vaporific

@Vaporific – That screen should be removable (by simply holding the device upside down) as soon as the aluminum cylinder is removed, no need to remove that other glass tube as well. At least that's how it should work. Not sure what you mean by „thin metal ring“... Maybe some pictures would help to help.

When reassembling, make sure the screen above the heater is inserted the right way (wider rim up). Works best while holdin the unit upside down as well.
What’s left of the screen - and I can see it at the bottom of the oven - is still there and won’t come out, even upside down and shaking it. I wish I could post a pic but the entire screen ‘assembly’, and use that because I believe there are a couple of pieces implicated here, but I’ve been referring to @dzoinp ’s pics on Page 129. My screen however won’t come out. I removed a small thin metal ring below the metal cylinder which has a slightly wider opening circumference on one side than the other, but there’s another ring with the screen still stuck at the bottom of the oven. I think this is part of the screen assembly somehow. I’ve tried using fine point tweezers to remove bit but can’t. It won’t come out. I’m still trying...:peace:

Vaporific,

im not a robot

So this is expected? What's the maximum size that the TM can extract without needing a recharge? I had my battery fully charged before I packed this bowl.
this doesnt seem right at all. i never counted how many pulls i get from a charge, but surely you should be able to finish one bowl? this is the original battery?
i have been under the impression that if i forget to turn the device off overnight (on demand standby) the battery will be depleted a bit. but noone else seems to have noticed that, and i cannot be sure, it was just a feeling, maybe an assumption. also this shouldnt happen in a couple hours. not sure what to tell you, but i'd say try to repeat on a fresh charge, and keep more precise track of how often / how long you can keep the tm running before the battery dies so people can compare this better?

im not a robot,
Reactions: Siebter

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

According to the Mooch, that’s in reality, a 25 amp Battery, but still should be fine. Unless it’s a rewrapped fake, then the amperage could be lower. Also, would be surprised if the TM did not have reverse battery protection built in.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...650-beats-vtc5a-best-all-around-18650.902761/

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Siebter

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
but there’s another ring with the screen still stuck at the bottom of the oven.

This ring does not come out without opening the TM. And maybe you had the heater screen (along with the corresponding ring) turned upside down and the screen came off and stuck to the bottom ring ... then the combustion ... made a short circuit...?
With tweezers or pliers, carefully remove it so as not to damage the coil.
Did you insert the stem with too much force?

Vaporific

This ring does not come out without opening the TM. And maybe you had the heater screen (along with the corresponding ring) turned upside down and the screen came off and stuck to the bottom ring ... then the combustion ... made a short circuit...?
With tweezers or pliers, carefully remove it so as not to damage the coil.
Did you insert the stem with too much force?
This is my first time undoing and disassembling the oven parts. Perhaps it was assembled incorrectly? I don’t think I pushed too hard on the screen. I assume the coil is just below the screen which i can see (just bought a new flashlight to provide better light). I have a couple different type of tweezers. Hopefully I can figure this out soon. I also found an old flat stainless steel screen to hopefully replace the original if I can get it out....:peace:

Vaporific,

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
You will sleep like an angel :zzz: ... sweet dreams :lol:
Well wouldn't you know - last night was one of the rare nights that I didn't need help getting back to sleep. Probably tonight.

But in the meantime, I'm having fun experimenting until my rimmed dome screens arrive. Going to try a mistvape capsule later and see how that works.

scooterboy,
Reactions: LabPong

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Always been interested in one of these but the non-isolated airpath is a huge turnoff.

Are the electronics in the VAPOR path or just the airpath?

If there's a page that I can skip back to, I'll gladly read! There's too much going on for me to read it all, lol.

VapeEnthusiast,

LabPong

Yes the sound is expected and you will just get used to it...not really a big deal to me at all ever. In fact I like that is makes a little noise....I can tell if "it's working". lol

The stem full you show in your pic....the TM should be able to do maybe 4 or 5 of those on a full charge. That is if your clearing that amount in about 5-7 "on demand mode" draws. That is my guess as I never count sessions and I load different sizes all the time....I do not use stock stem with CU....just the RBT wpa stem way.

It looks like you never stirred that load in the stem? Or is that only after a few draws?

Top Bottom