TinyMight / TM 2

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I remember talk about the TM having a shorter lifespan if always used upside-down due to heat eminating up through the inside, or something to the like. I constantly use mine upside-down, and if lasts a shorter time then hopefully it happens within the 10 year warranty. Ha

I never had any noticeable weed fall out of any bowl until I puffed it out when done. Even if it did, I doubt my unit set on 3 is really going to char anything touching the screen. I usually do the thumb thing lightly, just to make the top of the herb load flat.

That's exactly where I don't like the torque. If I try to hold the hook right way up, with the TM above it, it's uncomfortable because it's top heavy. If I want holding it it would be an issue. I never use a bong on the table either, always opting to pick one up so the centre of gravity makes a big difference.
I know what you mean - I hate using the TM2 with a j hook for that reason, feel like I'm fighting with it wanting to flip over more than enjoying the bowl. I love this little Grav coffee mug bong I got a couple years ago - the Tinymight sits right in the stop of it and i hold it from underneath and it's very comfy... the "torque" you describe does make it more uncomfortable to hold by the mug handle tho. It's a 2-handed operation no matter which way I try to spin it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That's exactly where I don't like the torque. If I try to hold the hook right way up, with the TM above it, it's uncomfortable because it's top heavy. If I want holding it it would be an issue. I never use a bong on the table either, always opting to pick one up so the centre of gravity makes a big difference.

Yeah, it is a two-handed affair, one hand for the hook, one hand for the TM, I always separate them after each hit clearing too... However if I'm using OGB hook, it is upside down all in one hand, similar to how I would use the GVB u-turn stem, honestly just something that never occurred to me much lol if anything I've tried in the past using the hook upside down with the TM right side up, that felt much more awkward and so much less secure generally to me anyway!

I remember talk about the TM having a shorter lifespan if always used upside-down due to heat eminating up through the inside, or something to the like. I constantly use mine upside-down, and if lasts a shorter time then hopefully it happens within the 10 year warranty. Ha

Yeah that's why I specifically mentioned in one of my posts on the previous page, this presumes you are properly clearing your hits from all vapor and heat, purely on demand full convection... Because yeah whoever started that fear of vapor rising up into the unit sounds like their unit would be filthy anyway if they are not clearing their hits at all (like as if they are leaving it in session mode, puffing on it upside down, yeah vapors going to rise up, another reason I don't think session mode is good, this is still an on-demand vape by design imo)

budski

cantre member
red delicious is ok but granny smiths taste better! aways beats a pop can!
TM was definitely designed as an on demand or the session mode would have a auto shut off! I don't use shesh mode because I'll set it down w/out shutting it off and come back to an overheated unit with a dead battery. I've accidentally started in shesh mode a couple times and wondered why my pocket was burning:disgust:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
And you can smoke from an apple in dire times..... but why when you have better options! :lol:
Carrots and potatoes also were good stand-ins, as well as soda cans. First world issues now with the superlative TM. Natively, with the stock (short or long) stem, I can operate my TM single handedly - always in on-demand mode too. Good times and an amazing vape! :love::peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
red delicious is ok but granny smiths taste better

Red Delicious are a lie, they are always anything but, world's worst apple, definitely this would be their only use lol I don't think granny smith's are worth much outside of cooking either personally (so happy it is Lady Alice season) such a wide variety of great apples, why waste time on the basics I say! Wait what thread is this :lol::mental:

kiddvudu2

Red Delicious are a lie, they are always anything but, world's worst apple, definitely this would be their only use lol I don't think granny smith's are worth much outside of cooking either personally (so happy it is Lady Alice season) such a wide variety of great apples, why waste time on the basics I say! Wait what thread is this :lol::mental:
We used plenty of hollowed out whitetail antlers back in the old days. So glad for my TM2!

budski

cantre member
We used plenty of hollowed out whitetail antlers back in the old days. So glad for my TM2!
I'm from montana, been through many antler pipes, the price is right! Made one just a couple years ago, it sits forlorn on a shelf with it's glass and silicone cousins watching me obsess over new toys. I was thinking about making some Dyna stems!

Vaporific

I think a few of you (I think @Vaporific is one of them) will be happy to know that the last IG story of TM states that the purple heart is coming soon !
Really?? I’m not on IG so I don’t know. Much earlier this year TM in an email didn’t sound very promising about the use of purpleheart as a wood species but perhaps they’ve improved the process and quality making the body. Here again is the reply from June ‘23:

“Sadly this purple heart production is not going well, wood just keeps changing dimensions and shrinks and we cannot get it into condition that will make a tight fit to the metal panels and not have lightleaks. We really hoped that artificial drying process will speed up things ,but i guess we just either got a material that was really moist or just purpleheart is not suitable for production of TM2. THat being said we are going to explore alternative exotics and another source of PH, but we gonna order small samples first ,because we dont wanna find ourself sitting on bunch of useless wood again. Please be sure that if ever an exotic pops out ,you can be first on the list and have a pick, i am sorry that we have strained your nerves and patience to this extent but it is a bit the same to us . We are making progress in other departments like Quality Control Testing and did some other small revisions , hopefully it would translate in less warranty cases,so we are really working constatly on making things better. Thank you very much for the kind words and patience !Have a nice day !”

We shall see and hopefully you or others will keep us apprised to RED, i.e. purpleheart, or other species. Perhaps they’ve made lots of progress with this! I’d buy a RED TM2 today if I could :). Cheers. :peace:

AustinsLifestyle

I've been wanting to try one of these and compare it on video to my other dry herb. I've been told this one hits hard!

AustinsLifestyle,

Vaporific

I've been wanting to try one of these and compare it on video to my other dry herb. I've been told this one hits hard!
It depends what else you have - but it also doesn’t. The TM in my opinion is amazing; I have an original (with a new board) and it’s been sheer delight for 3.5+ years. Hands down my favorite portable vape. It does everything well; I still use it mostly natively too 99% of the time. Once in a blue moon I’ll use a j hook or go through water but I use it dry with the short stock stem and hollow cooling unit all the time, and it works for me - every single time :).

Some have both the OG TM and TM2 while others have one or the other and most are very positive on the vape. I love the TM, it’s that simple. :peace:

EDIT: it can hit hard or otherwise it’s so flexible based on one’s needs. You can do great low temp flavorful draws or crank up the temp, maybe add some cooling or go through water at higher temps. Lots of options and flexibility, including stems either stock or many great 3rd party options (all discussed herein already many times). All good!

Last edited:

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I haven't been here in a while, but came by to see how long this has been public knowledge - good to see I'm not too far behind! I'll sit this one out for now - I still need to sell off an OG TM and a bunch of stems I don't use!

WisePenny,

bumaye

IMG-5573.jpg
I did not expect the popular rocket stem to be this big…
What’s your favorite stem that offers good cooling along with good airflow and small size?
The stem on my TM1 on the right in the picture is the standard cooling unit with screws and nuts only, no discs. And either some extra nuts in the bottom part of the cooling unit or 2 balls (glass or ruby).
That’s the smallest setup I came up with that works for my 1 hit extraction workflow (could be cooler though), but this way the airflow suffers after some bowls already…

What’s your „secret“?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
That’s the smallest setup I came up with that works for

You could look at:

The @dzoinp images using PostImage are gone… but basically it’s using 1/2 of the two TM OG cooling pieces filled with either SS balls or Ruby balls, allows use of original screen, and being able to push/pull in the short glass stem, for control of bowl depth. Push another screen up inside before loading tiny balls, so the balls don’t block the holes in the closed end of the stock half CU.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: budski
Top Bottom