TinyMight / TM 2

ezpz

I'm going to purposely stop cleaning the battery cap and see if anything happens but it was good for the first however many months and has been flawless since its arrival in February.
I've had my TM since early May. When I first got it, the battery cap was so hard to tighten and loosen that I couldn't open it without tools. One day, the battery lid got stuck. I was able to open it with a huge screwdriver and a significant amount of force. Once the cap was off, I used my thumbnail and followed the threads on the battery compartment and found a pinched area. I used a butter knife and gently pried the pinch apart. Since then, I've been able to open and close the battery lid, no tools, no problem.
I haven't used anything to clean my battery cover. In fact, the only part that I have ever cleaned since May, is the stems and cooling unit. Not saying that this is good practices, I'm just a lazy ass.
Anyways, I think this device is amazing. I absolutely love it. The TM is definitely a hard hitter, and so far, I haven't had to deal with the abysmal CS (fingers crossed emoji).
The TM is a beast and my favorite vaporizer. But because of terrible CS, I CANNOT recommend this device........
........enough.

SquirrelMaster

@ezpz

I've never had any issues with my cap sticking, I've always been able to open and close mine with a finger. I want to see if I can cause a performance issue by not cleaning where oxidization can occur. I should leave the cap off completely to really get things moving and see what happens.

I'd still recommend the Tinymight but I'd be clear that CS can be spotty if you have an issue, not that they're that common. When I look at devices in this price range it's hard to compete with the Tinymight at least for what I value in a device. Small, easy to clean, looks good, hits hard, good flavour, replaceable batteries and a minimal learning curve.

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
You may not believe it but since I received my tm at the beginning of May, I've yet to even open the battery door. I micro-dose so I never drain the battery, and I charge it thru the USB port.

I guess I should open it up and clean the threads, even tho it's working perfectly?

Ripstar

From date of ordering, how long are you guys seeing it take for the TM to ship? Mine has been "pending"

Ripstar,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I guess I should open it up and clean the threads, even tho it's working perfectly?

Probably not necessary. From what I understand about the whole thread issue, is that opening and closing regularly actually contributes to it by speeding up the oxidizing or whatever is happening.

Theoretically, if its always closed it should be sealed off and be a lot slower to oxidize. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though.

Unless you're having issues, keep doing what you're doing...

Warpdrive

Probably not necessary. From what I understand about the whole thread issue, is that opening and closing regularly actually contributes to it by speeding up the oxidizing or whatever is happening.

Theoretically, if its always closed it should be sealed off and be a lot slower to oxidize. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though.

Unless you're having issues, keep doing what you're doing...
And prevent dirt from getting trapped in your threads 👍

lookhigh

FC member
So having nearly read through the thread, still fifty pages to go
I have decided not to purchase at the moment. The biggest reason being the slow customer service people are experiencing.
I have avoided vapes with bad CS thanks to FC, and had some great experiences from small and large companies.
Maybe when things improve i would consider buying one.

Thanks to all the contributors.

JoeKickass

The Tinymight looks good with some proper stain and gloss!

aTefUbD.jpg

GCugiKH.jpg

wi8TeEz.jpg

If you missed Part 1 of my Tinymight refinishing adventure, here are the before pics:

All told it was a couple hours of work but overall not too bad, even taping up the PCB wasn't too hard, and after reassembly it hits as hard as ever!

I'm really glad to not have to wax anymore, that was the main reason I decided to finish the wood, it was painful to see this wonderful little vape getting so dirty...

Maybe one day they will even sell them from the factory with finished wood, it might add a bit to the cost but I think it looks like a much more polished final product.

Ripstar

So having nearly read through the thread, still fifty pages to go
I have decided not to purchase at the moment. The biggest reason being the slow customer service people are experiencing.
I have avoided vapes with bad CS thanks to FC, and had some great experiences from small and large companies.
Maybe when things improve i would consider buying one.

Thanks to all the contributors.
I am about to cancel the order that I put in the last week of September.

Ipe17

I am waiting for more than 2 months for CS to send me a repair label (since September 3rd).
It is very frustrating having my TM as a paperweight around the house.

I would not buy it again due to its CS

SquirrelMaster

I am waiting for more than 2 months for CS to send me a repair label (since September 3rd).
It is very frustrating having my TM as a paperweight around the house.

I would not buy it again due to its CS

That sucks. How did you communicate with Tinymight? Start a ticket? Email, Instagram? I'd be doing all. Two months gives you permission to spam a little imo :lol:. When was the last time you heard anything?
@Djsleepy you used IG and a ticket to communicate right? You had your device mailed back in how long?

I sent Tinymight some concerned IG messages about some of the reports we hear from time to time. I hope the small group of you with bad devices gets fixed up and soon. Let's hope COVID doesn't fuck with things too much more as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a nice session with purple punchsicle topped with kief earlier, that's why I originally hopped on this thread. I've been working late and grabbing the Tinymight a lot lately for the fast heat up. Gets me blasted.

Then I make stuff like this...

Djsleepy

That sucks. How did you communicate with Tinymight? Start a ticket? Email, Instagram? I'd be doing all. Two months gives you permission to spam a little imo :lol:. When was the last time you heard anything?
@Djsleepy you used IG and a ticket to communicate right? You had your device mailed back in how long?

I sent Tinymight some concerned IG messages about some of the reports we hear from time to time. I hope the small group of you with bad devices gets fixed up and soon. Let's hope COVID doesn't fuck with things too much more as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a nice session with purple punchsicle topped with kief earlier, that's why I originally hopped on this thread. I've been working late and grabbing the Tinymight a lot lately for the fast heat up. Gets me blasted.

I tried all three ways , subsequent email asking where labels were did the trick!

Edit: just got notice my shipment is being returned I had a feeling it might happen, there was a piece of paper that said commercial invoice and I asked TM what to do with it and never got a reply , so I put I the box in case customs had to open. Im assuming was to be given to parcel person prior to.shipping .....UGH! Ill never get this back !!!!!!!!

2nd edit : now I have to get new return labels as these are no good . This lack of communication is costing him a lot of money! So pissed.

Last edited:

Ipe17

I sent them an email on the 1st of September. They replied in one day asking the order number. I then sent the invoice of the shop where I bought it (I did not order from their web). I didn't hear anything from them in 3 weeks so I sent another email. They say they would send me a return label. Then on October 12th they wrote me asking some personal data (name, address, etc) to issue the label. I sent all the data they asked. Radio silence again until I wrote again on October 30th. They replied that same day that they will send the label soon. Until today....

Djsleepy

I sent them an email on the 1st of September. They replied in one day asking the order number. I then sent the invoice of the shop where I bought it (I did not order from their web). I didn't hear anything from them in 3 weeks so I sent another email. They say they would send me a return label. Then on October 12th they wrote me asking some personal data (name, address, etc) to issue the label. I sent all the data they asked. Radio silence again until I wrote again on October 30th. They replied that same day that they will send the label soon. Until today....
Sorry to hear that , I wish I had known what to do with that stupid commercial invoice , never sent anything out of US so don’t know procedures probably needs to be on instructions!

was gonna call until I heard/saw Finnish language.....yeah no way !

SquirrelMaster

@Djsleepy
I sent them another message on IG on your behalf. I'm not trying to spam him but I really want to see all you fellow owners fixed up and I'll try to help in any way that I can. From one stoner to another I want us all in Tinymight bliss :).

I recommended an English/Finnish employee and/or a North American distributor such as @VGOODIEZ or @Sneaky Pete to take some workload off his plate. Like many others have said I think this would steamline returns and remove the language barrier or at least reduce it to one person. Since Sneaky Pete operates in both Canada and the USA that would be my preference to avoid cross border shipping but Vgoodiez has been and is still holding out the longest so I would not be dissapointed to see him take stock first as it's only fair.

Djsleepy

@Djsleepy
I sent them another message on IG on your behalf. I'm not trying to spam him but I really want to see all you fellow owners fixed up and I'll try to help in any way that I can. From one stoner to another I want us all in Tinymight bliss :).

I recommended an English/Finnish employee and/or a North American distributor such as @VGOODIEZ or @Sneaky Pete to take some workload off his plate. Like many others have said I think this would steamline returns and remove the language barrier or at least reduce it to one person. Since Sneaky Pete operates in both Canada and the USA that would be my preference to avoid cross border shipping but Vgoodiez has been and is still holding out the longest so I would not be dissapointed to see him take stock first as it's only fair.
man I appreciate it , much love! i sent several emails/ig's asking what to do with invoice and of course the drop off place didnt say anything even after i told them it was going overseas. SO make sure if you do a return to keep the commercial invoice and give to drop off person to put in bag and add to shipment ! I hope i get a message sooner rather than later, in the mean time i have good memories of my time wtih my TM and cant wait to cough up a lung !!!

Djsleepy

@Djsleepy ,
when tm is working properly, it works as a charm heavy hitter. lifting you up to where you belong .
I am even ready to experience some delays with the response from the manufacturer, I want it to stay as long as possible in the vape arena
I had two weeks before button pushed in, i know its a BEAST, I miss it..... And remember they are 7 hours ahead of central time( my timezone) zone ...its almost 10 o'clock their time ....we have to keep that in mind as well in regards to reply times!

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

What are the most common issues you guys are having that require the units to get shipped back?

I've been all over the TM and think I could even remove/replace the heater if I had to, maybe I can write up a guide if enough people would benefit.
It's been the odd defect here and there. Most common I think would be needing to disassemble the device because of sudden drop in power requiring cleaning a few key points with the biggest spot to check being the metal strip. When I say most common it's maybe half a dozen people? There have been 2 buttons that pushed in, a cap or two that cross threaded, a couple bent battery terminals during shipping and maybe a couple more from a device being dropped. I'm not tracking but I'd think it's between 20-30 bad units reported on FC in total out of 4500 devices sold. I'm basing the device numbers sold on recent order numbers for north America which were somewhere around #2500 plus there's a separate list for Europe. The failure rates appear to be very low it's just the customer service that's ooccasionally spotty if you have an issue.

It still smashes most other portables imo, there is a unique charm to the Tinymight aka DopeCannon that is hard to beat.

I mentioned to Tinymight if they ever have other wood species I would be very interested. Very few vapes make me want a backup but that would be the only excuse I neould need to get a second.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Agree on everything you just said, imo the EVO have better taste than the TM, i use my EVO @12.30 and the TM @5 and i found these settings to deliver a "similar" experience, so to have similar taste i found these settings to be +- the same, to have similar taste the EVO will produce more vapor than the TM and if i jump the TM to have greater clouds the taste will be noticeable worst.... if i had to keep just 1... maybe i would go for the TM just because of the portability although i use 90% @ home i still use outside. the easiness of use of the TM i also better than the EVO.
But if you have both no doubt you will be nice taken care of!!!!

Cheers
😎

Cheers mate :) Glad you're on the same page, you know what they said...Great minds think alike :)
Interesting what you say as for temp 5, I have not tested TM with water under 6... I also heatsoak the EVO so maybe the temp is a bit higher, also every EVO runs a bit differently.

So still, only using the 10/14/18 Adapter with the vape, I can't help myself!

I started "dabbing" TM, I have some dab left that I haven't been using for a while, I don't usually get dabs, this is an import, an anal import LOL (sorry), but since I don't have a dab rig, I never really enjoyed dabbing using my current vape.

But now, with the TM and this WPA, I take some AVB and mix it with some dab, then I power up the TM on 8 and get some MASSIVE rips, I mean, OMG, its awesome and once again...0 maintenance!
So this is the way I'll roll until its done :p
I put a tiny bit, and it rips, hard.
I might be tempted with another video for you guys :)
I actually need more diffusion with doing so... thank god I've covered.

justcametomind

Well I got the 10/14/18 Wpa adapter after seeing your pics weeks ago, but in my case maintenance was>0 and I stopped using it. The holes at the bottom of the chamber got clogged in just a few days (and I’m not an heavy user but use hi thc medical grade weed). I used it at 8 at the time to be fair but no more than 5/6 loads a day. The worst part is cleaning under the bottom of the bowl area, developing the usual stream of resin with fallen abv particles. Because of the multi standard adapter the hole is quite small and q tips are not the way to go. I’d need to submerge it in iso and everything summed up, the other Wpa with rounded screen suits my needs better and has easier maintenance imho.

Top Bottom