TinyMight / TM 2

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
It can still matter... Why would you bother splitting hairs on how "much" it can fluctuate?? It can be a difference of someone having theirs at 6 and someone else needing to set it at 6.5 for the same result. What other variables do you think are responsible?

I'm not splitting hairs, I build coils myself, that's why I know.

Variables include: strain, humidity of strain, grind, pack, draw strength...

Siebter,
Reactions: karec

Easywider

Simple is the way
IF anyone wants to make a wooden stem for the TinyMight that fits the cooling unit I will buy some. :lol::D;)

Easywider,

MonkeyTime

IF anyone wants to make a wooden stem for the TinyMight that fits the cooling unit I will buy some. :lol::D;)

Any 18mm wood piece will work, there's a wealth of people making them already. I use two I bought with my Lil Bud. Those are both as a WPA, but I've seen the pics of straight mp's too....

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: Easywider

Bazinga

@Bazinga

Were you packing this much or more?

I don't recall the exact temperature I had for that load. I think I finished on 8. I've packed more and started at 3.5 and made my way up, eventually finishing on 8. It isn't cooked perfectly even when you pack that much but I'm still happy with the results. Smaller loads no deeper than the width of the stem are cooked to perfection imo.

Yes, that is about the amount I was packing. Tried again last night with no more than a 1/3rd of that amount and was pleased with the results (also used the longer stem).

I had pushed the cooling unit too far down in the stem and needed to push it back up some. I used the wooden end of the Mighty cleaning brush and wound up displacing the screen. Having trouble getting that little screen to sit properly in the stem. What do most folks use to properly position the cooling unit in the stem, particularly pushing against the screen?

Last edited by a moderator:

lordpilko

sounds like a fire hazard
Yes, that is about the amount I was packing. Tried again last night with no more than a 1/3rd of that amount and was pleased with the results (also used the longer stem).

I had pushed the cooling unit too far down in the stem and needed to push it back up some. I used the wooden end of the Mighty cleaning brush and wound up displacing the screen. Having trouble getting that little screen to sit properly in the stem. What do most folks use to properly position the cooling unit in the stem, particularly pushing against the screen?

I push it all the way out from the other side. Then push it back in again. If you go too far then, yeah you need to push it all the way out again.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
What do most folks use to properly position the cooling unit in the stem, particularly pushing against the screen?

My pinky – you are correct, pushing via the screen needs a bit of mindfulness, esp. when there's too much resistance. Some condensation via breathing into the stem helps the cu to slide more easily.

I push it all the way out from the other side. Then push it back in again. If you go too far then, yeah you need to push it all the way out again.

That's definitely not necessary. Setting the cu works back and forth.

Fluke

Hanuman
One thing that I try is put the "nut&bolt" out! then insert 3mm stainless steel ball in upper cooling unit instead. Flavor will smoother, AVB will come out eventually because airflow change and reduce heat to your lip too. May be you can use like a 3mm glass from vape critic too. :)

Fluke,

lordpilko

My pinky – you are correct, pushing via the screen needs a bit of mindfulness, esp. when there's too much resistance. Some condensation via breathing into the stem helps the cu to slide more easily.

That's definitely not necessary. Setting the cu works back and forth.

Its pretty simple and means no risk of damaging the mesh, its just instinctively what i did, just thought thats the way to do it, as I could not see another way without the risk of damaging or dislodging the mesh. but i didn't try to be honest.

lordpilko,

JibbsIsMe

I received my Tinymight yesterday, and it's been great. I was wondering what mode I'm entering by double-pressing the button from "off". When I do this, the TM vibrates once after every input (press = vibrate once, double-press = vibrate once). There is no LED on in this state. To exit it, I have to triple press, after which it switches to on-demand mode with the usual vibrations. What is this mode for? I haven't been able to do anything from it.

Last edited:
JibbsIsMe,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Its pretty simple and means no risk of damaging the mesh, its just instinctively what i did, just thought thats the way to do it, as I could not see another way without the risk of damaging or dislodging the mesh. but i didn't try to be honest.

It's actually quite simple once you get the hang of it. Pushing the cooling unit through the whole stem works too of course, but I'm pretty sure it will get messy after a few sessions; I'm resetting my cu all the time, so that wouldn't work for me. The screen of the cooling unit is actually quite sturdy too, so as long as whatever pushes against it is not too pointy or hard, it shouldn't suffer.

OH my mistake, bolt still there. I move only nut and ring. :)

Ah, okay. Cool. Edit: welcome. :-)

Siebter,
Reactions: Fluke

lordpilko

I received my Tinymight yesterday, and it's been great. I was wondering what mode I'm entering by double-pressing the button from "off". When I do this, the TM vibrates once after every input (press = vibrate once, double-press = vibrate once). There is no LED on in this state. To exit it, I have to triple press, after which it vibrates very rapidly+lightly, shows a green LED, and turns back off. What is this mode for? I haven't been able to do anything from it.

this is what i said earlier

anyone know what mode its in when you just press the button twice from off? if i do that, then pause any further presses of the button makes it buzz once. But its not in standby mode as if you hold the button it just buzzes but doesn't turn the heater on. another three presses turns it on into standby mode.

lordpilko,
Reactions: JibbsIsMe

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Some of us with large hands and fingers can’t get their pinky too far down the stock Tinymight stems. I occasionally use a blunt poker to adjust the Cooling Unit being mindful not to press too hard on the bottom screen if pushing it up. Pushing down from top is less an issue and I press against the top of the screw with same blunt poker. I’m still looking for a better tamp option for flower rather than my pinky but not critical (I’ll find something in my house but haven’t really looked), and I’m waiting on rimmed domed screens for the heater screen mod from @dzoinp for enhanced functionality for flower spacing and tamping in the stem. :peace:

Vaporific,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I received my Tinymight yesterday, and it's been great. I was wondering what mode I'm entering by double-pressing the button from "off". When I do this, the TM vibrates once after every input (press = vibrate once, double-press = vibrate once). There is no LED on in this state. To exit it, I have to triple press, after which it vibrates very rapidly+lightly, shows a green LED, and turns back off. What is this mode for? I haven't been able to do anything from it.

This behavior has been reported several times, we have no idea (I think).

Siebter,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Easywider

Simple is the way
Any 18mm wood piece will work, there's a wealth of people making them already. I use two I bought with my Lil Bud. Those are both as a WPA, but I've seen the pics of straight mp's too....

Smart thinking! My LB stems are gone but I should email toasty top with some dimensions and see if he has anything that could work with the CU. Anyone know the ID/OD so I don't have to find batteries for my caliper? :brow:

I'm waiting for @khelek41girl to unveil something, she's had her Tinymight for quite a while now and with plans to distribute once the maker gets stock levels up I expect to see good looking stems (fingers crossed).

Yesssssss, This is really what I want, I need to be patient. I've broken all my short stems, I have one long stem left. Getting nervous, I ordered more from TM just over a month ago, I hope they will one day magically show up as my emails to them have gone unanswered. :uhoh:

lordpilko

This behavior has been reported several times, we have no idea (I think).

got word from the maker:

"That behaviour you asked about, it is just a signal that it registered
your presses but it did not receive a valid triple click to turn on.
it is just to help the user to understand that the vape is not dead
and is actively trying to figure out if you want to turn it on. the
triple click detection needs the 3 presses to be within a certain time
limit and if not, it just gives this signal so you will know you have
to try again."

Momor

In order to push the CU up in the stem i use a pointy metal stir tool (VapeCritic one) thus i manage to only push on the side of the CU, the SS cylinder, and don't touch the screen at all :2c:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
@murf2010

Sometimes I get really silly.

I don't have an AVB picture from that one but it turned out pretty good. I started at 3.5 and I was in terpene heaven. The more I pack the lower I keep the temps, at least initially so it cooks more evenly.
Just so all those new to this vape know, the above picture is labeled by @SquirrelMaster as really silly for with a convection based stem vape if you do not want to stir your herbs, you are better off only packing as deep as the stem is wide. Packing as illustrated in this picture may not yield very good vapor, will absolutely require lots of stirring and will likely result in premature shitty flavor.

lauantaimakkara

I have one problem with my TinyMight. I’d love to hear some suggestions before I go and make probably a mistake and sell it.

the problem is: this is too powerful vape! I’m microdosing and I’ve used to vape 0.025-0.05g with my VapCap. I think it’s not that easy to vape that small amount with TM.

I purchased it because I thought I can load something like 0.5g to it and then take a hit now and then but this is so powerful vape that it vaporizes everything so fast that it’s quite impossible to use it for microdosing that way.

I hope I explained my problem well enough. Thanks in advance

lauantaimakkara,

lordpilko

I have one problem with my TinyMight. I’d love to hear some suggestions before I go and make probably a mistake and sell it.

the problem is: this is too powerful vape! I’m microdosing and I’ve used to vape 0.025-0.05g with my VapCap. I think it’s not that easy to vape that small amount with TM.

I purchased it because I thought I can load something like 0.5g to it and then take a hit now and then but this is so powerful vape that it vaporizes everything so fast that it’s quite impossible to use it for microdosing that way.

I hope I explained my problem well enough. Thanks in advance

What temp setting you on? I put in less than 0.1g in and vape when I like. I start at 3.5

Top Bottom