TinyMight / TM 2

jbm

Properly recessed screw; properly treated wood housing; mindful of protrusion of the adjuster dial; updated firmware to allow temp offset; optional quartz outer-tube in the air-path; insight from other user; and the peace of mind that this is now a well reviewed vape that seems to be ticking a lot of boxes. So while I am inventing things for VapCaps and Magic Flight Launch Boxes, I can wait for supply to catch up. When KG Woodcrafts gets them in stock, I have PayPal waiting.

I still want a sticky felt pad for the base though :2c:
So having ordered one about a week ago, I have a question: when are these "improvements" going into production? And why is it tied to them arriving at KG Woodcrafts? I'm not going to be happy if in a month or 3 I receive an older model just to have the new improved model finally arrive in US retailers shortly thereafter. Where is this information coming from? Maybe I should cancel my order and wait, I don't feel like paying 249 bucks to be a beta tester.

Glatch

So having ordered one about a week ago, I have a question: when are these "improvements" going into production? And why is it tied to them arriving at KG Woodcrafts? I'm not going to be happy if in a month or 3 I receive an older model just to have the new improved model finally arrive in US retailers shortly thereafter. Where is this information coming from? Maybe I should cancel my order and wait, I don't feel like paying 249 bucks to be a beta tester.

Ow indeed, I Just ordered a few days ago.
Maybe one of us (or both) should mail Tinymight asking them if they can garantee the ones we'll get have these changes implemented?

Glatch,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Maybe one of us (or both) should mail Tinymight asking them if they can garantee the ones we'll get have these changes implemented?

Honestly, I do not think Tommy actually knows for sure one way or the other, it is just speculation based on all the posting here... Not to mention how long people have been waiting for US retailers to have stock. We know the latest new units have updated the stealth feature to turn off the LED for example, so we know there are generally rolling upgrades. Anything about specific upgrades happening at a specific time for a specific retailer batch order, I believe to be purely conjecture at this point... Unless someone has been getting this info directly concretely from the manufacturer, but from reading here pretty regularly I do not think that is the case? Long story short I would not worry about missing out on potential new features at all, no reason to think that imo, though I do plan to buy a second unit eventually down the line, in case there are substantial upgrades (like the updated stealth feature) and because it is such a heavily used vape for me...
:2c::peace:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Since I don’t see it mentioned on the TM site, I assume the software/firmware is NOT user updatable. In terms of modern electronics, that’s a BIG PLUS, that potential buyers often overlook. Hardware updates, are another issue, and early adopters, well.... you just bite the bullet and hopefully enjoy the life of the product, or sell it and upgrade, or do like I do, bury my head in the sand, and avoid reading internet articles on the “newer” V2 version.

hi guys

i ordered today the TM. And i asked in Email today if the next ones he ship out were implemented.

but I don't think he's very "talkative".

yesterday i asked when new TMs are available and got no answer. Then I wrote again that I am a patient, then an answer came. Then I asked again about the implemented changes were done by next delivery
and up to now i have no answer for that. if i got answer iwill tell you

dynamonster,
Reactions: dimmusp

LabPong

I can assure you ......your both paranoid for 0 reasons.

This vape is no Beta......if it is.....it is the worlds best beta product eva!!!!!!! You could not ask for more performance from it as is......

But if you are that worried about things you will never ever be able to tell of....(except the stealth lights out part).......this vape is not for you then....lol

Glatch

This vape is no Beta......if it is.....it is the worlds best beta product eva!!!!!!! You could not ask for more performance from it as is......

But if you are that worried about things you will never ever be able to tell of....(except the stealth lights out part).......this vape is not for you then....lol
So I've asked him this;
I've also read on the Fuckcombustion forum that there are some updates being implemented:
Properly recessed screw; properly treated wood housing; mindful of protrusion of the adjuster dial; updated firmware to allow temp offset;

Can you guarantee that the unit I'll be receiving has these updates?

Answer:
Hi! Yes sure, all are taken care of long time ago! Thank you for the order.
Lainaus

GerVn_Vap0rist

I think so too man ! I ordered one a week ago and I’m not worry about it a bit. As I read this thread I’m 100% sure it will be a good decision!

LabPong

So I've asked him this;
I've also read on the Fuckcombustion forum that there are some updates being implemented:
Properly recessed screw; properly treated wood housing; mindful of protrusion of the adjuster dial; updated firmware to allow temp offset;

Answer:
Lainaus

That is good news.....

But back to my point. If you had a TM that was made today.....vs the TM that I and many others have had for months....you would have no idea they were any different. Except the ability to turn off the led's.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I own and use one of the early models and wouldn't hesitate a second to buy exactly the same device again, even without the bonus features. It's cool to see how quickly improvements are implemented, but the TM is fucking great just as it is anyway.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
So I've asked him this;

Answer:
Lainaus

I wrote him as well. And while I can understand a long wait response, due to the one-man-band business approach, the other side of me can’t offer much sympathy. Business is business in my opinion, though in the boutique world the lines become bleary. With minimal or no staff, there is a minimal website, minimal online forum presence, and of course customer service, can be .....

I’m waiting for a reply to, “when pre-ordering on your site, is my credit card automatically charged, or when item ships?”.

Seems like a minimal question....

$$$ Let you all know, if and when I get a response.

LabPong

Anyone ever use shatter wax or any concentrates with this?

murf.....once you get it heated up after a draw or two....no problem really. I use a health stone pad for pressed flower rosin or good processed live resin sauce/crystals and the like. It works well....on power 8-10.5. I use through a rig and water.

This morning I did a couple rice sized loads of my best pressed flower rosin.....left the TM on power 9 and got minimal vapor even on first draw....so I left it there and finished it off at 9 only.

TMsteampunk.jpg

jbm

I wrote him as well. And while I can understand a long wait response, due to the one-man-band business approach, the other side of me can’t offer much sympathy. Business is business in my opinion, though in the boutique world the lines become bleary. With minimal or no staff, there is a minimal website, minimal online forum presence, and of course customer service, can be .....

I’m waiting for a reply to, “when pre-ordering on your site, is my credit card automatically charged, or when item ships?”.

Seems like a minimal question....

$$$ Let you all know, if and when I get a response.

I emailed him about this awhile back the last time I was considering pulling the trigger. He replied

Usually we charge the card when the shipping date is near, or after shipping. Feels more comfortable not to hold money for a long time without being able to deliver!

I haven’t been charged yet for my order.

LongDraw

Just wanted to chime in, has been awhile.

My Tinymight i received just around the first of the year is still working great, and honestly it has been the only flower device i have used since. It is just easy and quick, with great flavor. I really do think it is a portable log in my opinion.

My most recent routine is approximately .1 gram, with 2 hits at level 5, and 2 to 4 hits at level 6.5 later on.

The only thing with my deivce, like another poster here, if i just got done taking two or 3 hits from the device, it has to sit (battry in or out, doesn't matter) for less than 3 minutes, and then i can change the battery. If i change the battery immediately, the device will do the usual after inserting a battery, but it won't let me turn it on to fire. No way do i have any understanding of these electronics, but it just seems like the chip holds memory for a bit of the battery and inserting a new one throws it off, so maybe a safety feature of sorts?

Do want to repeat, when i messaged this first to the manufacturer he responded very quickly and was ready to ship a new device the next day after giving some suggestions to try before he could ship. My thinking is, he isn't going to answer a lot of questions that aren't of the highest priorty, e.g. current users having issue with a device in hand, due to him being a small business.

Like others said, down the road i will be getting a second. Not for any new features really, just as a second to rotate use with. If they ever offer custom wood, that would be the biggest feature i want. Something two tone, kinda like my ambrosia burl i have as a log vape.

hope everyone is staying safe and sane, and has plenty of weed in reserve.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@LongDraw - I could see some 3rd party offerings of some interesting housings. The maker may even share the design of just the wood part for such a purpose. Worth an ask.

TommyDee,
Reactions: LongDraw

LongDraw

@LongDraw - I could see some 3rd party offerings of some interesting housings. The maker may even share the design of just the wood part for such a purpose. Worth an ask.

Very true and good point. one i would ask when he is caught up. Right now just really happy with the device, and wish the company the best.

I figure in time, we will see some cool stuff from the manufacturer or 3rd party. Really excited to also see what either camp comes up with for options of stems.

Really happy with the devices i have, and trying to make sure i don't collect to many. Learning my lesson from when i first got into ecigs, had smoked cigarettes for 15 years before i swtiched, and would buy mulitples etc. of boutiqe devices and atomizers, now they just sit and i only use my billet box. Which by the way, if anyone is looking to get off cigs, def check out the billet box. I have been using them for about 3ish years or so now, just perfect.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Excellent gearshot! The TM looks to be less than half the height of the Splinter Z stack, and about a third as difficult to use on the go.
Yes man! I broke out my Z last night and it's so unwieldy in comparison to the TM. I really like hard hitting vapes and both the Z and TM are solidly in the category. Differences will only be subjective.

Top Bottom