TinyMight / TM 2

SquirrelMaster

@scy123
You agree with me then. I've been up all night, my brain isn't working, forgive me. I trust my cells, they're from 18650batterystore.com which is on Mooch's recommended list. I have extra VTC6's as well (from the same retailer). I thought someone @BestBuds maybe had issues with 30Q's but I may be thinking a different thread.

BestBuds

The Dude
@scy123
You agree with me then. I've been up all night, my brain isn't working, forgive me. I trust my cells, they're from 18650batterystore.com which is on Mooch's recommended list. I have extra VTC6's as well (from the same retailer). I thought someone @BestBuds maybe had issues with 30Q's but I may be thinking a different thread.
Yes. The 30Q didn't work for me. It makes the TM behave like it has a low battery.

tokenknifeguy

Mooch the battery guru who does independent testing on cells rate VTC6 at 15a/20a

https://www.facebook.com/batterymoo...tastic-15a20a-batterybottom/2018639535092289/

"But this is not a high performance “power” cell, designed for high current. It is a high capacity “energy” cell designed for low to moderate power levels and long running time. At higher current levels the voltage sag and power loss in the cell are huge. Do not exceed 20A." - Mooch

Edit: Also I gotta mention, just cause it maybe safer does not mean it is safe. I don't risk it and only run batteries at higher amps than I plan on using.
The Mooch is the battery GURU!

So what batteries do you use for the TM? I have one coming sometime and was going to order the VTC5 but wondering if there are any that would be better. And I agree that going bigger on the amp is definitely a safer play.

LabPong

@scy123

I had reported that as well.....can't use the Q30's in the TM......

The Mooch is the battery GURU!

So what batteries do you use for the TM? I have one coming sometime and was going to order the VTC5 but wondering if there are any that would be better. And I agree that going bigger on the amp is definitely a safer play.

LG HG2 or LG HG2L....or just stick with the VTC6's.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
I don’t have a TM, was just stalking potential candidates. A prime candidate would be Samsung 20s, a true and tested 30a battery. It only has 2000mah though. VTC6A is another candidate slightly higher rated than VTC6, but 2900-3000mah.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@scy123 Oh, thx for pointing that out. That's a bit confusing...

I don't think those have been mentioned here yet.

Siebter,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
They may be in pre production or something dunno.

BTW VTC6 has (according to Mooch) 6.5Wh @ 15a. The Samsung 20s has 5Wh at 20a. I would guess that VTC6 would have the same battery life as a Samsung 20s when ran at 20a.

Samsung 20s would have a true 30a rating too. VTC6 is only 15a and 20a capable if temps are managed.

scy123,
Reactions: Siebter

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
My new/second Sony VTC6 works well. I definitely noticed 3 buzzes last night as a power level (indeed I’m getting used to the TM). When I first scoured the internet to buy a couple, several places were sold out likely due to the current pandemic and folks buying things out. I found mine on batteryjunction.com for a couple dollars more.

In addition to the TM hitting hard, effects last quite long too. Even finishing off a mostly used load at a slightly higher temp than the first few fresh draws, WOW, the TM continues to perform and outperform. Very happy so far with my TM. Ordered some beeswax to treat the wood too (of course Amazon is quite backed up). :peace:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Samsung 20s would have a true 30a rating too. VTC6 is only 15a and 20a capable if temps are managed.

...at a constant discharge, though. The TM does do that and does not raise the batteries temp above 80°C, at least not in my experience. So I think it's okay to assume the max discharge amps (which actually is 30A too).

Siebter,

horst

horsed
hi folks, I'm a new tinymight owner and just about getting started.

I ordered on 21/01 and recieved it today, threw the stem and cooling unit without the o rings in ISO for an hour and rinsed with water, gave the wood a bit of bees wax and now wait for the evening to fire it up for the first time. :science:

One question for those charging the device via USB: The manual says make sure the AC delivers 2A when recharging, but found out I just got 1A ACs flying around. Any concerns using them besides slower charging? Should I order a 2A AC before recharging or is it safe to stay with the 1A AC?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
hi folks, I'm a new tinymight owner and just about getting started.

I ordered on 21/01 and recieved it today, threw the stem and cooling unit without the o rings in ISO for an hour and rinsed with water, gave the wood a bit of bees wax and now wait for the evening to fire it up for the first time. :science:

One question for those charging the device via USB: The manual says make sure the AC delivers 2A when recharging, but found out I just got 1A ACs flying around. Any concerns using them besides slower charging? Should I order a 2A AC before recharging or is it safe to stay with the 1A AC?

It will be safe, just a slower charge rate. Get any 2 amp charger, to speed up, approximately 2x as fast. Any iPad 2amp USB charger laying around will work.

Tweakz

thank you to the community for helping us choose these phenomenal devices. this is the best . they will help to distract from this nightmare. I wish you all good health

gt4AM3g.jpg

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
thank you to the community for helping us choose these phenomenal devices. this is the best . they will help to distract from this nightmare. I wish you all good health

gt4AM3g.jpg

Thanks! Stay well everybody... Vape at home!

I hope I have not fooled anyone with my positive comments about this steam machine

RelaxedNow

Thanks! Stay well everybody... Vape at home!

I hope I have not fooled anyone with my positive comments about this steam machine

No worries! The only way the Tinymight won’t meet expectations is if someone’s expectations are too high. Ok, that sounds dumb, but you know what I mean.

murf2010

Took a few years off due to job restriction but am back! Went right back to looking at the Milaana as that one was my favorite of all the vapes I owned as I love the on demand feature. Although mighty wins for a session vape. Anywho after researching for a day or so I found myself favoring the tinymignt over the Mi3!

am I the only one who sees themselves enjoying that tiny over the Milaana? Also how long average are y’all waiting for it to ship? I think i noticed that you can only buy directly from their website.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Took a few years off due to job restriction but am back! Went right back to looking at the Milaana as that one was my favorite of all the vapes I owned as I love the on demand feature. Although mighty wins for a session vape. Anywho after researching for a day or so I found myself favoring the tinymignt over the Mi3!

am I the only one who sees themselves enjoying that tiny over the Milaana? Also how long average are y’all waiting for it to ship? I think i noticed that you can only buy directly from their website.

Definitely a bit more mindless if a user experience, I chose to grab a TM over Mi3 preorder and after 3 months with the tinymight I do not regret the decision at all... Been using my Mi2 a little recently, and while it is a very nice different experience, honestly it is hard for any of my vapes to compare exactly to the TM when it comes to overall user experience (ie vapor quality, ease, speed, etc). It seems to have a lot of the best features of many of my favorite vapes, though of course it is far from perfect!

People are experiencing shipping times from one month to three, I think what it says on the website is accurate, worth jumping in asap if you are able imo, so research done you right :tup:

murf2010

Definitely a bit more mindless if a user experience, I chose to grab a TM over Mi3 preorder and after 3 months with the tinymight I do not regret the decision at all... Been using my Mi2 a little recently, and while it is a very nice different experience, honestly it is hard for any of my vapes to compare exactly to the TM when it comes to overall user experience (ie vapor quality, ease, speed, etc). It seems to have a lot of the best features of many of my favorite vapes, though of course it is far from perfect!

People are experiencing shipping times from one month to three, I think what it says on the website is accurate, worth jumping in asap if you are able imo, so research done you right :tup:

thank you so much

May I also ask if you guys are also purchasing extra stems as well plus o-rings?

Last edited:
murf2010,

LabPong

No.......The vapor quality and ease of use of the TM run circles around the RBT's. I am using a splinter V2, Splinter Z, Mi3.......

I want to order a TM. Does anyone know of a coupon code I can use?

Coupon Code = (order Tinymight now and get the vape in about 30 days +-, then feel lucky to have one!)

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
May I also ask if you guys are also purchasing extra stems as well plus o-rings?

I do have a couple of extra stems, although I don't find the extra length to give that much of a different experience. Also they are sturdy and won't break very easily. I think it's a good idea to have one extra stem.

Extra o rings for the cooling unit on the other hand are a must in my opinion – I am still using my first couple and they seem to last very well, but they are small and can get lost when cleaning or the like.

Although from what I see the more recent versions seem to have red rubber (?) o rings (the old ones were clear silicone rings), I'm not sure how they behave. If it's actually rubber, they should be okay with being soaked in isopropyl, which means we wouldn't have to remove them prior to cleaning. Could someone enlighten us on that?

Top Bottom