TinyMight / TM 2

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Science-fiction customer support.

---

would any tinymight owners be willing to share their experiences with using it as a session vape? I get that its strength is primarily on-demand mode, but I'm curious...

From a strictly technical point of view the session mode works just as good as the on-demand mode. The device gets a tad warmer than in on-demand mode, but definitely not too warm to touch. It will make you have to swap the battery sooner, I guesstimate it will allow about 4-5 medium sized sessions per charge – not too sure about that because I actually almost never use the TM in session mode, pretty much only in scenarios where explaining how the TM works is not possible or let's say not welcome. Session mode allows hands free handling when using the TM with some kind of rig setup, I'm sure that's a huge advantage for some.

Here's the thing: even in session mode the TM is a very fast extracting device. That's why I don't really consider it to be a session vape even though it has that mode. Something like the DaVinci IQ or the Mighty allow to stretch .2 or .3g over a dozen of slow paced draws, the TM will kill that amount in less than half. You can stretch a TM-session timewise, but hardly drawwise. Often a TM session will last me 15 minutes, but that's because I will have long pauses in between draws – and for that approach the on-demand mode works a bit nicer than the session mode.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Session mode is basically a temp controlled oven for the duration until the user turns it off?

TommyDee,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
^TD cant see my reply I don't think, but for anyone else wondering, it is NOT like having an oven on since the heating element is below the chamber (a temp controlled oven describes a conduction or hybrid session vape, which this is definitely not, no "oven" here)

Agreed... I prefer to call it "auto-fire" or "cruise" mode (for those familiar with custom firmware on box mods)

Yeah it is just holding the trigger down for you, perfect for through water use (where I turn it on in session mod at level 6, then turn it off before finishing my hit to clear the vapor) I can never leave the stem in and keep it on session mode puffing anymore since I am too ocd about clearing the vapor, so on demand mode is easier for this! (except for the trigger hold)

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Session mode is basically a temp controlled oven for the duration until the user turns it off?

As @Shit Snacks has hinted already, the chamber will not be heated unless you take a draw, there's no conduction going on with the TM. The heating element / ribbon coil sits below the chamber and does not radiate enough heat by itself to create a conduction effect.

darbarikanada

even in session mode the TM is a very fast extracting device. That's why I don't really consider it to be a session vape even though it has that mode. Something like the DaVinci IQ or the Mighty allow to stretch .2 or .3g over a dozen of slow paced draws, the TM will kill that amount in less than half. You can stretch a TM-session timewise, but hardly drawwise.

thanks! won't this vary depending on the setting? couldn't you get a (hopefully more flavorful?) mighty-like experience - i.e. .15g/12 draws - by keeping it a low setting?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
couldn't you get a (hopefully more flavorful?) mighty-like experience - i.e. .15g/12 draws - by keeping it a low setting?

Not a chance with the default setup, at least from my experience. A while ago I posted a combo with a Grav „Upline Taster“ stem (which is actually some kind of a one-hitter), a DaVinci IQ glass spacer and two Mistvape cup screens sandwiching the herb, that does a very good job of evenly stretching a session without compromising the flavor, see →here and →here. I actually still love to use the TM this way, but it's a bit of a complicated setup to get, I only happened to have all those parts lying around. In general the TM tends to finish a load pretty rapidly.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That's funny cause I've been trying to get my friend with a Mighty to sell it and get a TinyMight (so I can play with it :p )

They never finish a bowl properly so they just kinda waste herb with it. This person has vaped off and on over the years, actually went back to combusting because its faster to grab a lighter... so I know that without an on demand vape, they will never truly stay with it.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Every time this happens with any vaporizer, I'm reminded how much I don't miss combusting....

Yeah, accidentally combusting in in my top three of worst flavors...

I never even came close to combustion with the TM – do you think that might have something to do with using a rig? I don't think weed can be too dry, moisture will most likely be gone after one or two draws anyway (I guess).

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
There isnt such thing as accidental combusting. It is called Karma . :D
Joke aside,maybe some herb or environmental dust sparked when hitting the coil and caused chain ignition.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: BigJr48

dudeguy

So my TM arrived on Tuesday and I am really loving it, it's pretty much everything I always wanted in a vape. Nothing against session vapes but on demand just seems like the better choice now. Always felt like I was wasting too much material with my Mighty.

One thing I find a little annoying though, it looks like my TM just does not vibrate. I tried removing the battery and did the stealth mode thing a few times without any change. Nothing when turning on, nothing to indicate when ready to hit in demand mode. Has anyone else had this problem?

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I have an early model and don't know what a potentionmeter is. What kind of problem should I be looking for if it fails ? Thankfully, my TM is working perfectly at the moment.
As for session/cruise mode, I also only use it occasionally. the extraction is so fast with the TM that it usually only take three long draws on level 6 to finish the domed screen amount. setting it to session is slightly more convenient if I'm going to take several draws in quick succession.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Nothing when turning on, nothing to indicate when ready to hit in demand mode. Has anyone else had this problem?

Haven't heard that one yet – have you contacted the TM crew about it?

I have an early model and don't know what a potentionmeter is. What kind of problem should I be looking for if it fails ?

A potentiometer is a resistor that enables to regulate the voltage, in this case we are basically talking about the temp dial.

LabPong

That's funny cause I've been trying to get my friend with a Mighty to sell it and get a TinyMight (so I can play with it :p )

They never finish a bowl properly so they just kinda waste herb with it. This person has vaped off and on over the years, actually went back to combusting because its faster to grab a lighter... so I know that without an on demand vape, they will never truly stay with it.

This is the type of person the TM can make the change to vaping pretty easy. I solves the biggest issue with most coming from combusting....they do not want it to be a hassle...take too long...or breath weirdly or too long or have to do a lung marathon just to vape a bowl...lol That is what it felt like to me when I started.

So getting a quick fast super hard hit.....is what they will be very satisfied with. Also it is easy to extract most all the flower compared to other vapes. Depending on how you use it...or what type of stem/rig...this vape I feel has the best potential to get people into vaping...and keeping them vaping.

so TM is a VAPE on demand just an unreal little monster. so strong and delicious and fast . the hype ia real damn it. it seems that the honeymoon is clearly going to last for a long time ;))

I said the same thing after 3 weeks.... :tup:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
So my TM arrived on Tuesday and I am really loving it, it's pretty much everything I always wanted in a vape. Nothing against session vapes but on demand just seems like the better choice now. Always felt like I was wasting too much material with my Mighty.

One thing I find a little annoying though, it looks like my TM just does not vibrate. I tried removing the battery and did the stealth mode thing a few times without any change. Nothing when turning on, nothing to indicate when ready to hit in demand mode. Has anyone else had this problem?

Contact the maker. The vibrator is a part that makes contact with the circuit board when the unit is assembled. It sounds like yours is not oriented correctly, or simply missing. This is one you should be able to work out over emails.

dudeguy

Contact the maker. The vibrator is a part that makes contact with the circuit board when the unit is assembled. It sounds like yours is not oriented correctly, or simply missing. This is one you should be able to work out over emails.

Yep already contacted him, he suspects it is either some issue with the contacts (which should be easy to fix) or a faulty motor. I will have a look at it over the weekend :) .

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...

I’ll have mine tomorrow. @VapeKnight currently has it as it was shipped to him (and I bought it from him). I’ll check out the vibration feedback based on your observation. He mentioned to me, “I checked yours and everything seems to be working properly. I also brought mine in today and I have to say the woodgrain of yours looks much nicer”. I’ll be using on-demand mode most of the time too since it’s usually just me alone and sessions have fallen out of favor unless with friends, though on-demand could still be used then too. I’m getting excited for the Tinymight - good way to start the weekend. TGIF. :peace:

Top Bottom