TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Just arrived! Such great timing for the weekend!

Actual report to come later, but many thanks for the support here in this difficult time :p

And HUGE thanks to the creator :myday:
Mine is arriving on Monday when I thought it would be 4-7 weeks. Apparently the order was placed 6-7 weeks ago and we (Vapeknight and I) thought it was cancelled but it wasn’t - just waiting for payment. So 4/20 is coming early for me. It may be a few days before I can get it from Vapeknight but it won’t take long.

How about a leather cap or sheath for the stems? I like that idea.:peace:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Could some one be so kind posting (or sending me) some measurements of the TM?

Would need the extend of the wood part first. Second would be a pic of the outline of the bottom. Don't know another method to get this dimensions correctly. Drawed on a paper perhaps, for best with 1 or 2 lines inside and their length written on, to control and check if there's some unwanted scaling.
Third would be the hight of the TM and both stems.

Would be so great if someone could take the trouble. Will honor it for sure, if my idea of creating some pouches and sleves really comes true :)

SquirrelMaster

Could some one be so kind posting (or sending me) some measurements of the TM?

Would need the extend of the wood part first. Second would be a pic of the outline of the bottom. Don't know another method to get this dimensions correctly. Drawed on a paper perhaps, for best with 1 or 2 lines inside and their length written on, to control and check if there's some unwanted scaling.
Third would be the hight of the TM and both stems.

Would be so great if someone could take the trouble. Will honor it for sure, if my idea of creating some pouches and sleves really comes true :)

20200306_204022.jpg

Height is 82 mm plus another 3mm for the "stem hole screw in piece".
I wasn't sure if you were asking for the wood height but it's 62mm.
The short stem is 55mm.
The long stem is 80mm.

I removed the bottom of the Tinymight and traced it so the inside edge of the outer line is the outside of the vape. I added a few other measurements to be safe that are measured from inside the outer line to either side of the vape. The longest measurement is just a touch over 59mm, maybe 0.1 or 0.2 more. I don't have one of those fancy adjustable digital measuring things (I have no idea what they're called) but I have good eyes and I'm OCD about accuracy.

Last edited:

RelaxedNow

20200306_204022.jpg

The short stem is 55mm.
The long stem is 80mm.

I removed the bottom of the Tinymight and traced it so the inside edge of the outer line is the outside of the vape. I added a few other measurements to be safe that are measured from inside the outer line to either side of the vape. The longest measurement is just a touch over 59mm, maybe 0.1 or 0.2 more. I don't have one of those fancy adjustable digital measuring things (I have no idea what they're called) but I have good eyes and I'm OCD about accuracy.

SquirrelMaster, I think you just won an award for “best effort to help a member”.

On another note, my wife found my runaway TinyMight. :clap: It seems it was hiding out in a box with my Herbalizer.

Tweakz

after the third or fourth bowl, the air flow became so limited that no clouds were created. I disassembled the CU and pulled some elements out of it, leaving one long connecting bolt . will anyone tell me if they are needed there ? after that, the air flow became more open, clouds and steam became the same.

V8NutWV.jpg

ZLIJTRk.jpg

Tweakz,
Reactions: BigJr48

Momor

I can't see the pictures you attached but the nuts and washers inside the CU are here to cool the vapor. They absorb a bit of heat and also think they create some sort of turbulences in the airflow (not straight from the heater to your mouth) that also help to cool the vapor.
For me, I noticed that the little screen right in the bottom of the CU was collecting debris pretty quickly and thus reducing the airflow (I also use a Mistvape screen just in front of the CU).
Lately I removed the CU screen, only let the Mistvape one and I feel I get better airflow and performance :)

karec

after the third or fourth bowl, the air flow became so limited that no clouds were created. I disassembled the CU and pulled some elements out of it, leaving one long connecting bolt . will anyone tell me if they are needed there ? after that, the air flow became more open, clouds and steam became the same.

V8NutWV.jpg

ZLIJTRk.jpg

Well just by looking your stem its visible that is nasty :rofl: that nastiness is preventing the airflow so its quite normal that if you remove the nuts and washers the airflow will be better, if the warmth of the vapor dont bother you you can remove them and never use them again since they are only there to cool the vapour inhaled. If it took 4 bowls to get the CU like that u must have some really good flower to leave that reclaim over just a few sessions...

@Momor if you press reply to any post with photos like those on his reply you will be able to see them ok :whoa: thats because of the service use for the photos IMGUR have that problem and ImgBB dont i think:brow:)
Cheers have a great weekend guys
:cool:

Tweakz

Well just by looking your stem its visible that is nasty :rofl: that nastiness is preventing the airflow so its quite normal that if you remove the nuts and washers the airflow will be better, if the warmth of the vapor dont bother you you can remove them and never use them again since they are only there to cool the vapour inhaled. If it took 4 bowls to get the CU like that u must have some really good flower to leave that reclaim over just a few sessions...

@Momor if you press reply to any post with photos like those on his reply you will be able to see them ok :whoa: thats because of the service use for the photos IMGUR have that problem and ImgBB dont i think:brow:)
Cheers have a great weekend guys

Yes, I removed the nuts and washers from the CU, leaving the connecting bolt, and the vapor became thicker, but slightly hotter .
I can not achieve such clouds as on elev8r, although the amount of methirial in the bowl is single and tm also evaporated everything to the maximum dark brown. can I do something wrong ?

Tweakz,
Reactions: BigJr48

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I'm always... amazed to see some of the gunkiness of cooling units, screens and stems. How do you guys even do that? @Tweakz – I seriously have never achieved to make my device look like this. :-) I have posted a picture of my chamber after 5 days or a week of usage, doesn't even come remotely close to this – and I hardly even use any extra screens, just the default setup. Okay, some tips:
  • Keep the load fluffy. Instead of jamming more and more herb in the chamber, increase its size
  • A fine grind needs even more care for fluffiness
  • Don't put the herb in the chamber at once, go a bit at once to avoid air pockets
  • Grind evenly
  • The herb should sit fluffy, but also firm enough to not fall out of the chamber when being turned upside down
  • After a session try to blow out the abv, if you're lucky it will shoot out in one piece, leaving the chamber nice and clean
  • Brush the chamber after a session – my screen remains clean always, but I will have an eye on the debris of the inside of the glass tube
  • The sooner you remove the herb after a session, the less maintenance is needed in the long run

Sensory Leaf

I'm always... amazed to see some of the gunkiness of cooling units, screens and stems. How do you guys even do that? @Tweakz – I seriously have never achieved to make my device look like this. :-) I have posted a picture of my chamber after 5 days or a week of usage, doesn't even come remotely close to this – and I hardly even use any extra screens, just the default setup. Okay, some tips:
  • Keep the load fluffy. Instead of jamming more and more herb in the chamber, increase its size
  • Don't put the herb in the chamber at once, go a bit at once to avoid air pockets
  • Grind evenly
  • The herb should sit fluffy, but also firm enough to not fall out of the chamber when being turned upside down
  • After a session try to blow out the abv, if you're lucky it will shoot out in one piece, leaving the chamber nice and clean
  • Brush the chamber after a session – my screen remains clean always, but I will have an eye on the debris of the inside of the glass tube
  • The sooner you remove the herb after a session, the less maintenance is needed in the long run

Great tips... I'd add: stirring causes screens/cu to clog faster

Sensory Leaf

Yeah, stirring is the devil – and not needed when using an even grind and a fluffy pack in my experience.

I too get an extremely even, "full" extraction without stirring...
My technique; suck herb into the bowl (11mm deep) and slide my finger over the top to level the load (no tamp).

Iv also found; excessive draw speed (mainly in the first draw) can cause the material in the bowl, to become compacted (too much) which will restrict airflow on subsequent draws, causing "the ring"

LabPong

Yeah, stirring is the devil – and not needed when using an even grind and a fluffy pack in my experience.

Sorry.....I will never agree with this on any vape that you take more than 1 draw from.

But sure you can vape without stirring......but if you stir...you get slightly better taste and extraction on many vapes....but user/product used can vary this in either direction.

Best case for any vape that is convection.....do not pack down the load...leave it sort of fluffy to allow air to pass all around and through it as much as possible.

I too get an extremely even, "full" extraction without stirring...
My technique; suck herb into the bowl (11mm deep) and slide my finger over the top to level the load (no tamp).

I would like to see a pic of the load in steam and spread out on a surface after 1 or 2 draws.....that tells how even the extraction is....not at the end of the bowl.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Sorry.....I will never agree with this on any vape that you take more than 1 draw from.

Even a Dynavap? :-)

I tried stirring a few times after I got my TM, it was my first full convection stem type vape and I saw that stirring was considered to be best practice with those. However, while it might have milked the herb a tad more thorough, I never felt it was worth the effort. It gave me half a hit more at best. What I do instead is twisting the stem halfway through a session.

But anyway, those who want to stir shall stir of course, it's totally a question of personal preference. My tips primarily refer to how to keep the device in a nicer condition.

Best case for any vape that is convection.....do not pack down the load...leave it sort of fluffy to allow air to pass all around and through it as much as possible.

Deffo.

karec

Yeah, stirring is the devi
:rofl:yeah you're right but i can pull another 2 draws if i stir, and dont get me wrong all the advices are spot on but we keep forgetting one thing and its Cultivar, if i have really great flower i need to clean more often.

Iv also found; excessive draw speed (mainly in the first draw) can cause the material in the bowl, to become compacted (too much) which will restrict airflow on subsequent draws, causing "the ring"

I only get "the ring" if i pack close to the edge of the stem and on high temps

Cheers

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Oh I can see a difference when having a bit of a more resinous herb at hand – I've run at least a dozen of different strains with my TM and it *does* make a difference. But I have some kind of cleanliness-ocd when it comes to my vaping stuff, so I put a lot of effort in keeping them clean *and then* look how to get the best performance. My DVs are pretty much spotless all the time too. I should also say that I microdose most of the times, my typical TM-loads are ~.1g and less, I think that makes a difference too.

All we can do is share our experiences. :-)

LabPong

Even a Dynavap? :-)

Yea.....in my vapcaps and arizer wpa's....for a bowl...I stir just one time halfway through to flip the load over basically....you see green stuff when you do this usually.

But with my dynavaps....I might be one of few who use the stock Ti CCD + a small SS screen over that. So I can stir fairly hard or quickly and not mess things up. Also, I can just pop out that SS screen and clean it when needed pretty fast...but it stays pretty clean and that is a rarity. Usually only have build up when I add kief.

But the biggest reason I stir is for best taste possible on every hit. But with my bigger bowl capacity vapes... like the ones I use the Elev8r bowl with and my RBT wpa Tinymight....I stir every draw.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
20200306_204022.jpg

The short stem is 55mm.
The long stem is 80mm.

Perfect! Thank you very much.

Tweakz

• Grind evenly

thank you for the helpful tips and hints. I applied them and I got incredible blows and clouds. I just misused it at first . TM is really good . and I inserted the ss screen back inside the CU. everything is perfect . I love TM

SquirrelMaster

@RelaxedNow
Thank you for the kind words, there are so many helpful members here so I try to give back when I can. I took a bunch of tear down pictures that I'll post later. I'm glad you found your Tinymight, I do stuff like that all the time and it drives me crazy because I find things in the weirdest places. I remember many years ago leaving a cell phone in the freezer in a munchie driven quest for ice cream :lol:.

I was able to get the "ring" I've heard about but only when I accidentally cranked the temperature to 10 and had my load filled right to the end of the glass without a screen. With the design of the heater I'm surprised it could leave a ring but I'm no engineer. I prefer 8 as my max temperature anyways so I'm not concerned. Speaking of that little basket screen, do many of you use it to cap the load? I've found myself using my Tinymight inverted for at least the first hit so I avoid anything falling down onto the bottom screen.

I haven't seen this mentioned but for stirring my absolute favourite tool is the stirring stick that comes with the Elev8r.
marblepick_1rc_1.jpg

They're skinny and stabby so they insert easily without packing the flower down. I like giving one stir after a couple draws with the big bowls I pack but this is more to fluff everything back up as it's pretty compressed by then. This is what I use to empty a finished load as well (accompanied with a quick blow from each end) and then a little scrap to keep the glass relatively clean. The glass is what gets gunked up the quickest for me so I clean it every few days. Oh and they're great for the initial pack as well if you need to get rid of air pockets.

Top Bottom