TinyMight / TM 2

Brewervapesalot

Is it possible the drop in performance isn’t due to the battery, but rather a dirty screen? I haven’t tracked it, but anecdotally speaking, it seems that’s been the case for me. Maybe. I dunno. :\

I agree. I've hammered this device at all power levels, including max 10.5 with long water pipe draws.

The only time I get performance issues is because of the screen. Dirty, too fine of mesh, too small for the stem and air is drawn around a capsule.... etc.

Edit: Using recommended stock battery only.

This thing just works out of the box, that's why I dig it so much. The manufacturer said he tested many batteries and selected this one.... I'd check other variables before trying new batteries.

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

I can't edit anymore but this is level 10, with 2 buzzes for battery life:
20200211-005509.jpg

And you can get just as milky at lower levels, say 8 or 9.

Flavor is great. And it has knocked me down for the night.

Last edited by a moderator:

karec

I can't edit anymore but this is level 10, with 2 buzzes for battery life:

ZhvCy06

https://ibb.co/mtjc8Xj

And you can get just as milky at lower levels, say 8 or 9.

Flavor is great. And it has knocked me down for the night.

Im sorry guys i cannot say if the same behaviour happens when the use is at high temps... i use at low temps so if there is any problem with temp is going to be more visible at low temps imo you guys just use the TM at really high temps...you cloud chasers :lol: i can only see myself using at those temps with a water rig, so i need a stem to do it and a 18mm male please!

So after reading different opinions about this i contacted the maker and i got a reply, im posting (hope thats ok) some of the answer about this and i hope this make the situation more clear.

"It is an interesting observation that you are making about the voltage. I have not seen this actually in the simulated tests with a vacuum pump and test herbs. In the beginning I assumed this would be the case and even there is a setting implemented in the firmware that I used to boost the temps according to the lowering battery voltage but then I realized that with lower battery I got darker herbs so I took the feature away and stated to see more similar results"

So, @Siebter, @dzoinp and @TommyDee since you guys have more knowledge about this you can comment. Dont kill the messenger :rofl:.
He asked me if, "Or are you drawing very fast? This might then overload the capacity if the battery voltage has dropped, and it would not be able to deliver enough Watts anymore". I replied that my use is similar from the start till the end so i cannot say if im pulling too fast, what i can say is i only see this behaviour when the bat reach below 3.6V.

He then start to think of alternatives to deal with this, i like his thinking, looks like he immediately went into engineer brainstorm mode and mentally want to give a reply on how to do it to solve this. Im not going to share what he said but looks like the regulated feature could be improved by limiting the power of a fresh bat to make the experience more equal thru the bat charge over the use.

He finish (no pun intended he's Finnish :rofl:) with this comment, "What I noticed, that when the resting voltage gets to about 3.3V, then it is almost empty for the Tinymight, so at 3.5V there is not probably that many sessions left anyway. And also it depends on the type of cell, the higher the current capability of a cell and lower internal resistance, the better it can handle the low voltage situations in terms of power delivery. After measuring the charge that the VTC6 accepts after TM has cut off at low voltage, it took about 2600mAh"

So this is not really a big problem we are talking about the last session so no biggie there, i was just sharing my experience to help others and to help him since i also share this with him. What he need is user feedback because he is using a vacuum pump to simulate draws and during his tests he didnt saw what im experiencing so i think its absolutely important the feed from the users so he can continue to develop the TM.

Cheers
:cool:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@DonMarteng – Sorry, can't help you as I have no rig setup. Have you looked →here already?

I've read elsewhere that the TM crew plans to release more accessories for the TM in the future, so we might see some dedicated wpa stuff soon.

[...] so i think its absolutely important the feed from the users so he can continue to develop the TM.

I very much agree – thx for doing so, it helps us all.

"It is an interesting observation that you are making about the voltage. I have not seen this actually in the simulated tests with a vacuum pump and test herbs. In the beginning I assumed this would be the case and even there is a setting implemented in the firmware that I used to boost the temps according to the lowering battery voltage but then I realized that with lower battery I got darker herbs so I took the feature away and stated to see more similar results"

So, @Siebter, @dzoinp and @TommyDee since you guys have more knowledge about this you can comment. Dont kill the messenger :rofl:.

Not at all – so what he describes is pretty much what I had in mind. While he initially thought a boost function might be necessary, he (in his tests) found out that even with a low charged battery he wouldn't need it. And that's pretty much my experience.

Do you use the stock batteries always? @KeroZen mentioned that lower amps batteries might cause problems at lower voltages.

I myself use the TM at 5-7 mostly btw, so not that high too.

Last edited:

karec

@DonMarteng – Sorry, can't help you as I have no rig setup. Have you looked →here already?

I've read elsewhere that the TM crew plans to release more accessories for the TM in the future, so we might see some dedicated wpa stuff soon.

I very much agree – thx for doing so, it helps us all.

Not at all – so what he describes is pretty much what I had in mind. While he initially thought a boost function might be necessary, he (in his tests) found out that even with a low charged battery he wouldn't need it. And that's pretty much my experience.

Do you use the stock batteries always? @KeroZen mentioned that lower amps batteries might cause problems at lower voltages.

I myself use the TM at 5-7 mostly btw, so not that high too.

So far i only used Sony VTC6, i have 2, 1 from the TM and another one, and i dont know if when i experience this was with the old one but the charger indicates that both have the same charge. It would be easy to "blame" this on a old damaged battery but still working great imo on other vapes so...

Cheers
:cool:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@karec – Yeah, I wouldn't assume a faulty battery either – you could test it with yet another battery if you can, but I agree it's a bit of an easy way out as an explanation.

I will keep an eye on it a bit more and feed back, but my experiences are pretty close to what @Brewervapesalot has documented. But I will focus a bit more on the behavior at lower charges.

What puzzles me though is that the device seems to indicate that a temp is reached while that is not the case.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I really don’t see much to refine about this vape, as @Brewervapesalot stated it just works. While I have not experienced a drop in performance with a nearly depleted battery, it would make sense to me that could/would happen as I’ve seen the same with my Splinters in TC mode. I’d prefer the maker not muck with this vape and begin work on accessories such as a WPA, beaded stem, place to add a stir tool (While it does not really need stirring I like to try and also I use such a tool to clean the chamber between loads) and caps for the stems.

LabPong

I really don’t see much to refine about this vape, as @Brewervapesalot stated it just works. While I have not experienced a drop in performance with a nearly depleted battery, it would make sense to me that could/would happen as I’ve seen the same with my Splinters in TC mode. I’d prefer the maker not muck with this vape and begin work on accessories such as a WPA, beaded stem, place to add a stir tool (While it does not really need stirring I like to try and also I use such a tool to clean the chamber between loads) and caps for the stems.

DEAR TINYMIGHT

I prefer the maker totally mucks with the software... 1-hundo bro! lol
Any work to make it more efficient with power delivery or performance is gladly accepted.

I prefer the maker tries to develop a wpa stem. Maybe just with a few pinches and a screen cradle/catch to hold in position well. Make it just a little bit longer than the stock 18mm RBT stems.

I prefer the maker explore using something besides wood....I prefer something else...especially on the outside....maybe like rubberized plastic stuff or something. I would like it to have more of an Arizer go type of build...or the stuff the Oura base is made with.

I also prefer.......

Making a more distinctive battery status indicator. The current one is clouded by the fact that the second you turn it on with the 3 clicks.....it does 2 separate haptic feedback indications at the same time (one for power on and the other for the battery level.....or it is impossible to separate them from another because they are back to back by a millisecond and you sort of get lost in the amount of buzzes there....especially when you are buzzed...lol

Make the battery door have an extruded grip instead of the routed out notch to remove or install the lid.

Make the "up to temp" haptic feedback stronger or a little longer....sometimes I miss it when I am moving the vape on to my rig.

That is pretty much what I would like to see after using this great vape for several weeks with a water rig setup.

SquirrelMaster

@david8613 @DonMarteng

I ordered my TM on January 3 and it was pending until February 3 when it was cancelled because of the PayPal thing. I contacted Tinymight and they said no problem I still had my place and that's where I sit currently, waiting on an invoice. I'm getting so antsy to try this vape out!

@abracadaver
Did they add direct credit card billing? Through PayPal I thought they had billed me immediately but it must have been an authorization because it cannot be found.

Nano-Doser

Make the battery door have an extruded grip instead of the routed out notch to remove or install the lid.

Yes! Couldn't agree more with this one. It's the one thing that I find a little irritating. It's not a great idea using a coin as the metal scratches very easily. I am seriously OCD about the condition of my vapes and I want to avoid any scuffs or scratching so a more easily accessible battery lid would be great!

Sensory Leaf

Yes! Couldn't agree more with this one. It's the one thing that I find a little irritating. It's not a great idea using a coin as the metal scratches very easily. I am seriously OCD about the condition of my vapes and I want to avoid any scuffs or scratching so a more easily accessible battery lid would be great!

what geekvape done with their aegis mod battery cover, would be good (a little fold away "leverage" bar)

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@karec - thanks for the followup on the query at hand. Indeed, this is what 'regulation' means. The ability for a given converter to provide a constant output with varying input. There is no reason to regulate a low battery other than to protect it from under-voltage. There are obviously other parameters that could be applied but generically, this is what 'regulated output' means. "Consistent output throughout the input range." That also implies "no change to performance".

In this type of circuit, being a high current draw circuit, I would want the unit to shut off at low cell voltage while firing. Cutoff must be 2.5V although my personal limit is 3V.
The fact that it does go out of regulation, as the reply suggests, is not a safety issue and is fine for this type of device. Keeping the charge up is on the user. You have a cell level indicator which is more kudos on the maker.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
In this type of circuit, being a high current draw circuit, I would want the unit to shut off at low cell voltage while firing. Cutoff must be 2.5V although my personal limit is 3V.

Yeah, even 3V is actually pretty safe – most e cig mods for example will cut off at ~3.2V to ensure maximum battery lifetime, and so does the TM.

Agree on the Aegis type battery cap, it's brilliant indeed.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
what geekvape done with their aegis mod battery cover, would be good (a little fold away "leverage" bar)

What a beautiful battery cover ... all racing!!! @karec this gives more power to the machine :rofl:sorry sensory i'm joking it's a nice suggestion
I don't know what torque the manufacturer has indicated to tighten the battery cover, but ...:bang:
I tighten and loosen the battery cover with my thumb (I use short nails:D) pressing down and ... it never unscrewed itself.:myday:

:uhoh:coins? :uhoh:screwdrivers? how about a hammer and chisel?
buy a meccano:lol:

Last edited:

LabPong

What a beautiful battery cover ... all racing!!! @karec this gives more power to the machine :rofl:
I don't know what torque the manufacturer has indicated to tighten the battery cover, but ...:bang:
I tighten and loosen the battery cover with my thumb (I use short nails:D) pressing down and ... it never unscrewed itself.:myday:

:uhoh:coins? :uhoh:screwdrivers? how about a hammer and chisel?
buy a meccano:lol:

When you slowly screw in the battery door....it will buzz with haptic feedback when the battery makes full contact. At that point....it only screws in slightly more.

Though that multi piece battery door is cool....I would not want it on vape. It would annoy to have a movable part and the clicking/clanking low noise.....unless they make it stiff so it will not open on its own. But probably be much more expensive to make those types. A simple 3mm "raised spine" where the current slot indent is.....would be perfect I think. It would be less machining and only 1 part and look cleaner.

Top Bottom