TinyMight / TM 2

LabPong

I suppose Tommy is ignoring me, so could someone explain to him that the comment he quotes was referring to the Dynavaps? :-)

I believe he was referring to what Bollies had done, not about anything dynavap.

:nod: ...same answer.

So then no...you do not have one or are not using one?

If so....why do you keep coming into this thread with speculations you wildly base on other things with no experience? You are wasting others time and your own, sorry not trying to be mean at all...just totally logical.

AcidFlashbang

If so....why do you keep coming into this thread with speculations you wildly base on other things with no experience? You are wasting others time and your own, sorry not trying to be mean at all...just totally logical.
I comment on threads for vapes that I don't own because I like the discussion, after all, we're all here because we're passionate abour vapes in some form or another. I think material safety is something that is too often overlooked in this market. Seeing the use of teflon, carbon fiber, and ceramic coils being as widespread as it is shows the manufacturers aren't doing their research or just plain don't care about our health. It's always a good idea to clean any apparatus you'll be inhaling from before first use. For example, dynavaps are absolutely covered in machine oil but they make no mention anywhere that it should be cleaned before use.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@AcidFlashbang – The thing is: talking about material safety is such a snake pit, those discussions tend to derail a thread quite a bit. *If* a material concern is discussed, it would have to be very specific and not speculative as repeatedly done by Tommy here (and elsewhere).

LabPong

Acid...of course its good and important...but read the rules....no blah blah blah about material safety in xx vape thread....surprised you have not come across this yet...first thing I got a warning about I think....oh wait..no it was for double posting..lol

Though....my point is that it is cool to be interested in things and learn....but this is not what is going on here as far as I see it.....

TommyDee

Vaporitor
There are always two sides participating in product threads - users and wanna be users. I have maintained a high degree of interest in this vape and finding out more is part of the journey.

Wouldn't you agree however that if some vape-path parts can make it out to customers with process fluids or other contaminants, there is reason to have some level of concern on inaccessible parts? I rate products by the care taken to clean circuit boards for instance. TM did a great job in this regard. It was suggested to contact the maker directly. I could talk about cleanliness practices. But this is the place to gather the information from others so I would even know what to ask. And since the subject is on cleanliness, I am taking in the comments to understand if this is something that is an outlier or persistent. The tone of the thread was going toward a 'persistent' tick on the needle.

TommyDee,
Reactions: dimmusp

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
I think we all can get a bit over enthusiastic or to focused on a particular topic at times, I know I have. When I purchase a new vape, I spent an abnormal amount of time cleaning every possible surface and doing extensive burn offs before I ever inhale. The old ‘all clear’ sniff test is the go ahead sign for me.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Short term burn-off is of much less concern than persistent VOCs to me. I've easily vaped a quart of motor oil in my days and more than a little smoked tire rubber.

Last edited:
TommyDee,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
There are always two sides participating in product threads - users and wanna be users. I have maintained a high degree of interest in this vape and finding out more is part of the journey.

Wouldn't you agree however that if some vape-path parts can make it out to customers with process fluids or other contaminants, there is reason to have some level of concern on inaccessible parts? I rate products by the care taken to clean circuit boards for instance. TM did a great job in this regard. It was suggested to contact the maker directly. I could talk about cleanliness practices. But this is the place to gather the information from others so I would even know what to ask. And since the subject is on cleanliness, I am taking in the comments to understand if this is something that is an outlier or persistent. The tone of the thread was going toward a 'persistent' tick on the needle.
This comment specifically and this discussion in general does not belong in this thread. If you want to discuss matertial safety in general, you are free to do it elsewhere. Wild speculation about the TinyMight is inappropriate and further comments in this vein will be removed.

Thank you.

:peace:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
It might have been a fine line @Stu but I was careful to not talk about materials but rather the maker's attention to cleanliness. It was merely a culmination of several comments by others. Sorry if I somehow misunderstood the 'materials' mandate.

TommyDee,
Reactions: dimmusp

farmerpalmersnt

Pretty sure he told me it was a #10, and that it held tension in the coil. After loosening, getting it back into position without the jig he made us really tough. He all but said if have to send it back in for repair.

That being said, one of us has| ventured that far, perhaps they'd care to chime in? I haven't the need to learn the hard way.....until I have a back up :nod:

It is a fiddly process, yes. The screw takes quite some tension and you have to tighten and prevent the heater twisting/misaligning in the chamber. The post has to project through a fairly small hole. The sleeves and o ring can be a source of mischief too.

If you don't need to do it, don't. Heater element looks and smells immaculate. Just give it a high temp run if you're worried about contaminants.

BestBuds

The Dude
It is a fiddly process, yes. The screw takes quite some tension and you have to tighten and prevent the heater twisting/misaligning in the chamber. The post has to project through a fairly small hole. The sleeves and o ring can be a source of mischief too.

If you don't need to do it, don't. Heater element looks and smells immaculate. Just give it a high temp run if you're worried about contaminants.
I already did it. And it wasn't about oil or contamination. I'm just an asshat.
I don't have image hosting but this is what I was doing.
https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/150059

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Now that's what I'm talking about! Nice work @BestBuds !

vmbnk2led15lg5sr.jpg

I used 'copy image address' from Vapelife to post it here.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

Now that's what I'm talking about! Nice work!

vmbnk2led15lg5sr.jpg

I used 'copy image address' from Vapelife to post it here.

That's @BestBuds handiwork who is also a member here. Looks pretty funky, excellent job. I've considered doing something like this but I don't know how to go about it or whether I have the cohones to mess with my unit.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: BestBuds

BestBuds

The Dude
That's @BestBuds handiwork who is also a member here. Looks pretty funky, excellent job. I've considered doing something like this but I don't know how to go about it or whether I have the cohones to mess with my unit.
If I was to do it again I wouldn't take out the long screw I would just back it off enough to work inside the lip.
My mistake was I took the top off, did all the artwork, and tuners it upside-down to put the long screw back in and a glass sleeve fell out. Upon looking it was the housing to my heating element! The coil it still wrapped and the ceramic bars are in place. I got the glass back down but not all the way. I don't want to force anything but I think if I can get it out I can work the coil back into place in the glass with a razor blade or a thin needle. Or I am just fucked and my favorite vape is dead.

@TommyDee Thank now I can post pictures here! Thanks!

Last edited:

LabPong

If I was to do it again I wouldn't take out the long screw I would just back it off enough to work inside the lip.
My mistake was I took the top off, did all the artwork, and tuners it upside-down to put the long screw back in and a glass sleeve fell out. Upon looking it was the housing to my heating element! The coil it still wrapped and the ceramic bars are in place. I got the glass back down but not all the way. I don't want to force anything but I think if I can get it out I can work the coil back into place in the glass with a razor blade or a thin needle. Or I am just fucked and my favorite vape is dead.

BB did you send email to manu?

LabPong,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Tales from the Tinymight honeymoon continue. I might’ve found an optimal setup for me. I simply pushed the cooling unit a bit further up the (short) stem and then use a simple dome screen below it to hold the flower. It’s a little further back than previously allowing me to barely tamp it down with my pinky. There’s still a few millimeters between the flower and bottom of the stem. A little less ringy AVB and every else seems fine. I prefer not remove the screen (or cooling unit) each load.

Sadly I didn’t get around to clean I the CU this weekend but perhaps soon. I’m running low on ISO actually (and stores are out) but have PBW which I haven’t used yet and know it will clean glass. Can it be used for the CU - does anyone know?

Also, and please don’t flog me, which other stems will fit the TM which also fit the CU inside and have some tapering at the tip? I’d be interested in one of those even before I use the long stem I have for the first time.

I will say the TM continues to shine in how well it delivers. It’s a fantastic vape now that I’m in the fine tuning stage. Having a new strain thrown into the current rotation also doesn’t hurt. The TM is so consistent for me starting within a certain temp range and ending higher in another. And with the herb placement adjustment I just love it!:peace:

EDIT: I meant BPW above.

Last edited:

Tweakz

I will say the TM continues to shine in how well it delivers. It’s a fantastic vape now that I’m in the fine tuning stage. Having a new strain thrown into the current rotation also doesn’t hurt. The TM is so consistent for me starting within a certain temp range and ending higher in another. And with the herb placement adjustment I just love it!:peace:

once again , I completely agree with you, tm is very harmonious. and the abv is always an even color. the blows are strong and the taste is really good .

I clean cu now with salicylic acid (with 2% alcohol in the composition) from the pharmacy , with hot water . normally cleanses

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Mod cork update: :D
stylish design
stirring accessory (insert the stem in the cork and rotate) *
size reduction
edit: * remove the stem and insert upside down in the cork and rotate(obvious, but we never now)

IMG-20200413-004142.jpg

IMG-20200413-004215.jpg

IMG-20200413-004243.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom