TinyMight / TM 2

LabPong

After cleaning tinymight I accidentally broke the heating element. stupid of me to want to clean all parts in iso. not necessary because all parts were clean from the factory.

Full stop right there......

No matter whom tells you.....when you get a new or used vape....IT IS DIRTY. You dont ever trust anyone or anything except the ISO swab test. Which if you did on any of the metal parts on the TM....you would find TONS of manufacturing oils/particulate.

Even some vapes with a lot of glass .....I always can tell a diff. Im fairly sensitive to it all....but if your not...then it is always best to error on the side of "cant be clean enough before 1st use". ;)

So you were totally right taking apart things....to some degree you can without voiding warranty or causing damage. It was just that someone went wrong in your cleaning process...that is all.

Cool to see great service like this for sure! Enjoy the TM.....woooo hoooooo I doooooo lol :tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Full stop right there......

No matter whom tells you.....when you get a new or used vape....IT IS DIRTY. You dont ever trust anyone or anything except the ISO swab test. Which if you did on any of the metal parts on the TM....you would find TONS of manufacturing oils/particulate.

Even some vapes with a lot of glass .....I always can tell a diff. Im fairly sensitive to it all....but if your not...then it is always best to error on the side of "cant be clean enough before 1st use". ;)

So you were totally right taking apart things....to some degree you can without voiding warranty or causing damage. It was just that someone went wrong in your cleaning process...that is all.

Cool to see great service like this for sure! Enjoy the TM.....woooo hoooooo I doooooo lol :tup:

I totally disagree, especially because you don't know how a new unit off the line now might have come... Especially no reason to clean the heater itself as clearly that is almost never intended as it damaged the unit... I don't think it was smart to take an entire thing apart and clean it like that, but then again I am lazy and OP learned their lesson anyway with amazing customer service as usual...

Also @YaMon I don't know exactly what you're using but doesn't canned air have bitterant added to it?

LabPong

I totally disagree, especially because you don't know how a new unit off the line now might have come... Especially no reason to clean the heater itself as clearly that is almost never intended as it damaged the unit... I don't think it was smart to take an entire thing apart and clean it like that, but then again I am lazy and OP learned their lesson anyway with amazing customer service as usual...

Also @YaMon I don't know exactly what you're using but doesn't canned air have bitterant added to it?

I would not of cleaned the heater or taken the bottom plate off as the manufacture said it could be a problem putting back to gether for most.

I should of mentioned that it's not a big deal to take apart the parts that are meant to be self serviceable and clean everything you can.

But.....I was sort of put off by the residue on the metal from mine that I got in Feb. Also, another one to mention about this is dynavap.....their cleaning if they do any...is minor at best lately.

Hope TM has gotten better with cleaning the metal finish. Other parts were not an issue for me at all though, besides letting the vape air out after every use with the batter out.....I did ISO swab out the wood in the battery and heater side walls though. The wood smell was too much for me ....but it dissipated after a few weeks and a few wipe outs and many hot air outs after sesh's.

But for me cleaning as much as possible is essential as I have a overly sensitive pallet anyway.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
But.....I was sort of put off by the residue on the metal from mine that I got in Feb. Also, another one to mention about this is dynavap.....their cleaning if they do any...is minor at best lately.

I agree with the Dynavaps, I had some *serious* issues with some of their stuff, but my Tinymight always seemed okay (to me).

BestBuds

The Dude

Stripped it down pretty fully. The heater unit is enclosed in wood save a hole for the post to screw to a gold contact on the board. It's then separated from the wood by another quartz glass sleeve. This appears the same size as the sleeve above it that sits between the wood and the ali sleeve. They are separated by a machined spacer.

The heater element runs the full length of that lower quartz sleeve, like a very deep clock spring. Small (ceramic?) posts act as standoffs between the quartz tube and element.

Sorry didn't take any other pics, and I'm not doing it again......
What size bit for the screw that holds the heater to the board? I was taking it apart and the glass sleeve that goes around the heater fell out. Now the coil is inside with no glass shell :doh:. I feel like an asshat

BestBuds,

SquirrelMaster

@lauantaimakkara If you're going to stir use something very skinny. The poker that comes with the Elev8r is perfect imo.

@Brewervapesalot
Its funny because I thought the same about taste and the different areas of our tongue but when I went to check the info it seems that's a myth. There are 5 different tastes (that we know about) but they're spread out over the entire tongue, not to specific areas. I wonder then if it might have something to do with the small opening and condensing the vapour? I have no idea to be honest but I like it anyways. It's much more comfortable on my lips.

Brewervapesalot

@lauantaimakkara If you're going to stir use something very skinny. The poker that comes with the Elev8r is perfect imo.

@Brewervapesalot
Its funny because I thought the same about taste and the different areas of our tongue but when I went to check the info it seems that's a myth. There are 5 different tastes (that we know about) but they're spread out over the entire tongue, not to specific areas. I wonder then if it might have something to do with the small opening and condensing the vapour? I have no idea to be honest but I like it anyways. It's much more comfortable on my lips.

That's super interesting. Typical, I guess. Probably in another five years, they'll have another theory mainstream.

If it's not the tastebuds on the front of the tongue, it's gotta be something. The tapered tip is one reason I think the first few hits on a pax is good too. I think your concentration theory is a good one!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
IME, dynavaps are always filthy brand new.

I always swab with 99% alcohol, then wash everything I buy that I might inhale from. But I was surprised when I QTip cleaned the inner tube on my new and 1st DV 20m, and the QTip came out grey. Maybe they do clean everything well, and it’s just oxidation? Just seems hard to believe a company with as good a reputation would let this pass, and I’ve read this exact same issue brought up here and other places so it’s not a one off.

AcidFlashbang

I always swab with 99% alcohol, then wash everything I buy that I might inhale from. But I was surprised when I QTip cleaned the inner tube on my new and 1st DV 20m, and the QTip came out grey. Maybe they do clean everything well, and it’s just oxidation? Just seems hard to believe a company with as good a reputation would let this pass, and I’ve read this exact same issue brought up here and other places so it’s not a one off.
Id swab every surface I could if I were you, especially inside the cap. The whole thing is covered in machine oil.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I was thinking the heater is still a fabricated part so if machine oils are not getting cleaned from other parts, then what about the cleanliness of the heater element when it is installed. Is it cleaned to vape-level clean when using it for the first time or does it take a bit to burn off process contaminants?

Last edited:

LabPong

I was thinking the heater is still a fabricated part so if machine oils are not getting cleaned from other parts, then what about the cleanliness of the heater element when it is installed. Is it cleaned to vape-level clean when using it for the first time or does it take a bit to burn off process contaminants?

First you need to understand each part...and how they differ...before and after the fabrication/manipulation process.

IE...2 highly different metals and 2 different processes to make each one into the part needed.

LabPong,
Reactions: endof3d

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I was thinking a guy with gloves handling the aluminum tubes and the heater at the same time assembling devices.

Comments like this has me asking about the heater's cleanliness status...
Of course I did the whole thing, I described the area that was the worse offender.

IIRC there was a comment on the quartz glass not being clean, and the heater being wrapped in a quartz tube makes one ask to what degree is cleanliness enough? I know what is clean based on vacuum technology, but I do not have the training based on safety for human consumption at elevated temperatures. I suspect very few of us are qualified.

Last edited:
TommyDee,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I don't even know when Ville will continue to honor the guarantee to anyone who decides to open his Tinymight 100% functional ...

MonkeyTime

Anyone know the torx bit size needed to take the heater off the board?

Pretty sure he told me it was a #10, and that it held tension in the coil. After loosening, getting it back into position without the jig he made us really tough. He all but said if have to send it back in for repair.

That being said, one of us has| ventured that far, perhaps they'd care to chime in? I haven't the need to learn the hard way.....until I have a back up :nod:

LabPong

I was thinking a guy with gloves handling the aluminum tubes and the heater at the same time assembling devices.

Comments like this has me asking about the heater's cleanliness status...

IIRC there was a comment on the quartz glass not being clean, and the heater being wrapped in a quartz tube makes one ask to what degree is cleanliness enough? I know what is clean based on vacuum technology, but I do not have the training based on safety for human consumption at elevated temperatures. I suspect very few of us are qualified.

sorry....didn't I ask you this before....do you have this vape?

LabPong,
Reactions: tonuzzi
Top Bottom