Tinymight Heating Element Material

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wrote an email to the manufacturer, still waiting for a reply though.
They list the heater as Stainless Steel, but i thought maybe it is nichrome. Because ss 304/316 got a pretty low electric conductivity. Or doesnt that matter?
I am not an expert by any means, so maybe someone with more competence can clarify.

I'm not an expert either, I don't even know what you mean by low electric conductivity, but there are others that have stainless steel heating elements... It's definitely possible, this one is definitely stainless steel, not nichrome (I can taste the difference)

Shit Snacks,

badbee

Wrote an email to the manufacturer, still waiting for a reply though.
They list the heater as Stainless Steel, but i thought maybe it is nichrome. Because ss 304/316 got a pretty low electric conductivity. Or doesnt that matter?
I am not an expert by any means, so maybe someone with more competence can clarify.
It doesn't matter. A higher resistance allows you to achieve higher power at a given amount of current and it's high currents that tend to kill power supplies (so long as voltage stays in the supported range). The manufacturer has stated it's stainless and probably feels the grade is unimportant (which it mostly is) so not something he needs to "commit" to publicly.

badbee,

General Disaster

A Country Member
The higher the resistance, the hotter a metal will get for a particular power output, as a rule. So it could go either way, may well be a benefit.

General Disaster,
Top Bottom