Tinymight Heating Element Material

Terpentino

Quentin
Always been curious what material the heating element is made of. Anybody got an idea.
Sorry if this has been discussed already.

Terpentino,

florduh

This thread is a real bummer I just assumed it was using some kind of Finnish fire magick

grid_0_640_N.webp

florduh

Maybe it is but we just all agreed in the Tinymight thread to tell people that it's a SS ribbon.

That’s because we aren’t allowed to discuss the safety of the Finnish fire magick in the TM thread….duh.

this all checks out for me, but then again...

image.png

honestly if you told people a few hundred years ago you're using a "smoking" device made by a Finnish hermit that works by applying elemental energy to cold steel thus creating heat....they'd likely burn you at the stake.

image.png

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
this all checks out for me, but then again...

image.png

honestly if you told people a few hundred years ago you're using a "smoking" device made by a Finnish hermit that works by applying elemental energy to cold steel thus creating heat....they'd likely burn you at the stake.

image.png
You better do something about those toenails.

Terpentino

Quentin
Yes, in the Tinymight thread.
Well, the search function didn't work out for me. Would you mind telling me which site of the 800+ i am able to find the information.
Stainless steel ribbon with ceramic posts
Thanks a lot. Made a teardown of my TM and wasnt able to tell what material that is.
Do you know what steel exactly? 304 or 316 or something else?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well, the search function didn't work out for me. Would you mind telling me which site of the 800+ i am able to find the information.

Thanks a lot. Made a teardown of my TM and wasnt able to tell what material that is.
Do you know what steel exactly? 304 or 316 or something else?

I'm not 100% sure the type of SS though I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere, and I think you are being told you could have asked your question in the TM thread rather than successfully search there necessarily

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I'm not 100% sure the type of SS though I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere, and I think you are being told you could have asked your question in the TM thread rather than successfully search there necessarily
Definitely makes more sense to ask there, but I know several threads did not like material discussions in the product thread. Are material discussions allowed as long as they don’t end up being “material x is unsafe” circle jerks?

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Definitely makes more sense to ask there, but I know several threads did not like material discussions in the product thread. Are material discussions allowed as long as they don’t end up being “material x is unsafe” circle jerks?
That’s because we aren’t allowed to discuss the safety of the Finnish fire magick in the TM thread….duh.

Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by The Office

Shit Snacks

Yeah not supposed to have a discussion about it or the safety, because you don't want to risk a back and forth that would become off topic, but totally fine to ask what materials are in a specific product's thread

Terpentino

Quentin
Do you have a nickel allergy or do you live next to the sea? I'm just curious why you want to know.

I suspect if you email Tinymight they will tell you.
The same reason you are asking this question: Curiosity.
Disassembling the TM all began, because i don't like plastic. Even though it might be safe i simply don't like it. So i was curious if anything besides the pcb and silicone o-rings in the TM is made of that. While putting the TM back together, i tested it with an empty bowl. Noticing a specific taste, i figured it might come from the HE. That's why i'm asking.
Well, i asked a material specific question in the Arizer thread and was told to remove that and open a new topic. Thought the same might apply here.
Thanks a lot fo answering me.

Shit Snacks

While putting the TM back together, i tested it with an empty bowl. Noticing a specific taste, i figured it might come from the HE. That's why i'm asking.

No chance of any mistake taking apart and putting back together though? Hard to say what that could have been

Shit Snacks,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I notice a slight metallic twang from my OG TM that I attribute to the heater. It's pretty minor, but it's there.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
In my years of ECig & vapes, one of the constant comments, is how much variance there is between what people can TASTE. Some can distinguish between titanium and Stainless Steel, and every other metal.

The Tinymight website only lists the “heater” as SS, so the question is can one taste the difference between SS316 and SS304? That’s just taste, safety issues of any metal is a different conversation.

Thankfully, I can’t distinguish metal tastes, but it would be PROPER for the Tinymight manufacturer to state the EXACT stainless steel version they use!

Terpentino

Quentin
Wrote an email to the manufacturer, still waiting for a reply though.
They list the heater as Stainless Steel, but i thought maybe it is nichrome. Because ss 304/316 got a pretty low electric conductivity. Or doesnt that matter?
I am not an expert by any means, so maybe someone with more competence can clarify.

Last edited:
Terpentino,
Reactions: 364F
Top Bottom