Tiny little flashlights.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I have a few of these from Meritline -
248-336.jpg

which are perfect for late night vape sessions, for those who prefer very dim lighting.
comes in handy for those times when you want to see what you're doing, whether it be refilling a bowl
or finding the right button on the TV remote.

discuss.

jeffp,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ah jeffp, you are so random. I love it. :D

These are cool. Are they expensive? There are definite times one of these would come in handy.:D

momofthegoons,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Mom, they are cool and they emit a very bright light. They're like $2 apiece with free shipping from Meritline. That's where I buy my blank media as well.
Late at night I usually just have my salt lamp on which is perfect, but only like ten watts. Almost like a candle light.
These little flashlights come in VERY handy.

Speaking of candle lights, I like beeswax tea lights in a salt lamp tea light holder, they give your vape space a good cozy vibe.

jeffp,

sour

jeffp said:
Mom, they are cool and they emit a very bright light. They're like $2 apiece with free shipping from Meritline. That's where I buy my blank media as well.
Late at night I usually just have my salt lamp on which is perfect, but only like ten watts. Almost like a candle light.
These little flashlights come in VERY handy.

Speaking of candle lights, I like beeswax tea lights in a salt lamp tea light holder, they give your vape space a good cozy vibe.
I'd like to see the lamp your talking about. Would you mind taking a picture because it sounds cool.

sour,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Sour what i have is something like these -
this is the tea light lamp.

himalayansaltlamp.jpg

and here's something like i have that take small dim light bulbs - both very good.

Nat%2016~20lbs.jpg

I bought the electric one here.
http://www.lampsalts.com/cart/index.php

the tea light one I bought locally at a health food store.

jeffp,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You know, I'm a bit of a candle freak, so yes, I know what you mean. I also like beeswax and have a few soy candles as well since they burn so well. But tea lights in the salt lamp are a very nice touch.

I'm going to look into the flashlights. Too bad I didn't know before....I could have used a few in Easter baskets! :p

momofthegoons,

sour

Whoa those are pretty cool looking! The site said they make negative ions cleaning the air like after a fresh rain. I'm considering getting one of these for my vape lab

sour,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Cool flashlights! If those flashlights clean the air, do you think if you blow your vapor through its light so you can see the vapor in the light it will smell less? Then they would be double useful.

At night sometimes I need to keep the lights off. However I usually use the bright bottom LEDs on my vb to see the bowl and the vapor. Kind of a pain, these flashlights would help a lot. Those candles look cool for when your chillaxed as well.

wowthisisrandom,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yeah i'm not sure about the negative ion stuff but if it's true it's a good side benefit.
the flashlights don't clean the air they just light up part of it - but if you get the salt lamp i honestly doubt it would have any effect in reducing the smell.
but what's cool about the beeswax candles is that they have a really nice sweet honey smell to them. one tea light per evening - it's nice, the candles burn for a few hours and that's it.

the blue lights from the VB are cool but not sufficient, those $2 mini flashlights are perfect.

jeffp,

mastermorley

lol...

modnote: Please review the forum rules:

# Before posting, ask yourself: "Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level? Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?".

# Don't make short posts that offer no significant content, or post for the sake of increasing your post count.

mastermorley,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Just placed an order @ www.orbitlightshow.com if you're into the pretty colors/trippiness.

Photon freedoms are the best IMHO, solid colors, dimming abilities, and flashing modes. I've got a handful here and got some "Dotz" on the way.

aznfknpride,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Its weird...two nights ago I was thinking to my self that I need a little flashlight to see what I'm doing when I mix up/re pack/adjust the vape bowl. Fortunately, I work as a security guard so I had one of the small mag lites and now keep it directly next to my vape when I don't need it for work.

Best idea ever.

These little guys are better though. Cheaper, brighter, smaller.

finchrock24,

Qbit

cannabanana
Heh - I found one of these kinds of lights on the footpath while walking around my neighbourhood about a year ago. It worked perfectly, and it's been on my keyring ever since. And yeah, it's excellent for illuminating vapour.

Qbit,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
A good flashlight is indispensable for the vaporist. :D

I've been using one of these. Probably not as durable as a Surefire but more features for less money and I'm not chipping ice with it. 132 lumens really lights up the vapor.

fenixld10r40031.jpg

Cree XP-G LED (R4) with lifespan of 50,000 hours
2 modes with 6 types of output:
General Mode: 9 lumens (34hrs) - > 50 lumens (6hrs) -> 105 lumens (2.2hrs) - > SOS
Turbo Mode: 132 lumens (1.5hrs) ->Strobe
Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
Uses one 1.5V AA (Alkaline, Ni-MH, Lithium) battery (not included)
100mm (Length) x 21.5mm (Diameter)
Made of durable T6 aircraft-grade aluminum
Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
50-gram weight (excluding the battery)
Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard
Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
Push-button tail cap switch
Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle
Included accessories: holster, lanyard, two spare o-rings and a rubber switch boot

vtac,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Agreed that any self respecting vaporist needs at least one good flashlight - they come in handy in many ways.
I like the little key chain ones that I mention earlier - they're cheap like disposable lighters, you just replace them as you go along.
how is the battery life on the Fenix? How much do they cost?

jeffp,

sour

I rely on a non-too-fancy 9 LED flashlight that takes 3 AAA batteries. It's about 4.5" long and made from cheap, anodized aluminum. It's branded with "Husky" although I'm almost positive it was made in China. It was given to me by a co-worker who said it came in a 2-pack, and it's got the job done so far. It sits up right near my PD and my jar of pens/pencils and markers.

sour,
I just picked a light up due to this thread planting the small-keychain-led-light seed in my brain. It's a rayovac led keychain, with a solar rechargable battery. I got it for 3 bucks at Wally World. It works awesome for seeing my vapor exhalations, and I am able to better judge the cashicity, or doneness, of the bowl. I showed mine to my friend, and he immediately stole his girlfriends small led off her keychain.
I also have a Surefire E2D, but the batteries go way too quick to use it to vape with. Can blind or maim someone with it, though.

SkeletonLips,
I don't know if I should put this in the pd tips thread (I only have a wdz for now), but this little flashlight is an awesome accessory for these "log-style" vaporizers. I mainly use my little flashlight (that I talked about in the post above) as a way to see how cashed my stem is. I hold the flashlight so the light is pointed up, at about chin level, around 2 to 3 inches from my face. I then proceed to blow my hit out across the beam, and with the harsh light of the led, I can see hits that would otherwise be completely invisible, even in a well lit room. I usually only use the flashlight towards the end of the stem. I find I am getting more out of each stem, because I know I am actually getting something, so I hit it more. Try it and it should amaze you like it did me. Thank you jeffp, for suggesting this tool.
p.s.- I didn't edit my post above, because I wanted to get this tip to people, and editing wouldn't bump it. I also am not sure if I am the first to suggest this, as I am only about 5/6ths the way through the pd experience thread. I also wanted to explain myself better than my post above, which was vague.

SkeletonLips,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I can see hits that would otherwise be completely invisible, even in a well lit room.
It's amazing how much difference the right light can make. This is especially true for these log style vapes and also the LB. It can mean the difference between getting frustrated, thinking you aren't getting a hit and feeling successful, especially with the LB. :2c:

momofthegoons,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
We all seem to like dim light while vaporizing.
Getting high is reflective and subdued and "a well lit room" is generally abrasive, to me.
Ideally I would go for black light in my apartment if I could find some day glow posters that I like, but they usually seem pretty lame and juvenile.
But the dark purple light of a black light bulb is the perfect luminosity.

jeffp,

bstar

I have a couple of these my uncle gave me:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3206

Very cheapy but a nice bright light and it's not like I'm going spelunking with them. :D Perfect for checking the color of my herb in the whip. Even the ceiling light isn't quite bright enough sometimes.

Throw in my G15 keyboard and I'm all set for some late-night vaping and gaming, ha ha.

bstar,
Top Bottom